Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,920 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China (3713 Views)

Nigerian Politicians Shares Garri, Sugar And Ground Nuts: Very Shameful / A Very Shameful Post From Apcnigeria Twitter Handle / (video) Very Shameful Buhari Does Not Know The Meaning Of INEC And APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China by oderemo(m): 7:37pm On Jul 10, 2013
i am totally deep in press. jona y now.
Re: A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China by 2old4that(m): 8:06pm On Jul 10, 2013
Imagine MinÍster of state, fed. Ministry of foreign affairs welcoming Obama at d airport.

Our image have been so dainted at virtually all d airports abroad dat even our president is meted wit such humiliation. Afta all he is carrying dat dreaded GreeÑ Passport. And he was busy smiling all through d reception. Tufiakwa!
Re: A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China by mclaaro(f): 9:40pm On Jul 10, 2013
dolphinife: While am not here condemning the motives of President Goodluck Jonathan going to China to seek for loan, am very disappointed and ashamed to be called an African man, a Nigerian, and by extension, a Yoruba man for that matter, for the inferior reception being given to the President.

Reading all the newspapers today, i saw that President Jonathan was received at the airport by the Chinese Assistant Foreign Minister, and our dear President was seen smiling towards the guest. Its a global phenomenon that whenever a president of any country is going to another country for a visit or business, the host president would as a matter of reception, go to the airport to receive the president irrespective of the country the president is heading.

I am very worried and disturbed that our president can be subjected to this charade of shame called reception. Nevertheless, had it mean Nigeria has live up to its name, our president wouldn't have been subjected to this humiliation. I heard our president is in China to seek for 3billion dollars when in the first place, we have so many things we can use in this country to generate such amount. The amount being realised by the oil bunkerers every month is more than 3billion dollars.

If our president can be given this kind of reception, i wonder what manner of reception they would give to an ordinary man. My candid advice for everybody is that we should look inward and solve our problems instead of travelling far and wide to seek for loans. It is high time we harness our natural resources so that we can generate more financial strength to cater for our financial needs.

THANK YOU ALL
this is a lie,there r many times presidents of other countries come to nigeria and have neva seen a time goodluck came to d airport to receive them,they are always received by d protocol officers of foreign affairs n couple with any available minister,be sure of post bfr you do.

1 Like

Re: A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China by tayuu: 10:54pm On Jul 10, 2013
You better shut up,if you don't know tins..didn't you watch the opening ceremony?mr president was duely honoured
Re: A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China by dolphinife: 12:42pm On Jul 11, 2013
For God sake, can you mention one incidence where such a thing happened? Its like you people dnt even knw whom you are chatting with........

mclaaro: this is a lie,there r many times presidents of other countries come to nigeria and have neva seen a time goodluck came to d airport to receive them,they are always received by d protocol officers of foreign affairs n couple with any available minister,be sure of post bfr you do.
Re: A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China by dolphinife: 12:44pm On Jul 11, 2013
You are so daft to know that receiving your guest at the point of entry is different from giving him a cold reception. In International diplomacy, diplomatic etiquettes bestow it on any president to personally receive his counterpart at the airport. You people are just too illiterate for my liking

tayuu: You better shut up,if you don't know tins..didn't you watch the opening ceremony?mr president was duely honoured
Re: A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China by MAYOWAAK: 12:49pm On Jul 11, 2013
It is when they send drivers or special assistants flashing sign-posts with name tags to welcome our president that some of our people will get it .... You don't buy self-esteem... it must be natural to you

Omowaiye Oluremi wrote

The Man that came to welcome GEJ is number 10 on the hierarchy level of the Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs

1.Wang Yi,Foreign Minister
2.Zhang Yesui, Executive Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs
3.Song Tao, Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs
4.Zhai Jun, Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs
5.Cheng Guoping, Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs
6.Liu Zhenmin, Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs
7.Zhang Kunsheng, Assistant Minister of Foreign Affairs
8.Zhang Ming, Assistant Minister of Foreign Affairs
9.Ma Zhaoxu, Assistant Minister of Foreign Affairs
10.Le Yucheng, Assistant Minister of Foreign Affairs ********
11.Zheng Zeguang, Assistant Minister of Foreign Affairs

Check China Foreign Affairs Ministry Website :http://www.fmprc.gov.cn/eng/wjb/zygy/

Habba ! How can a Assistance minister not even a vice minister of foreign affairs receive a visiting president of a country. Not just any country, Nigeria for God’s sake the Nigerian delegation was over 100 including 11 Nigerian Minister. Whether we believe it or not, economically, Nigeria is a power house in Africa. If Obama goes to China today, will Li Yucheng receive him at the airport? As China is to the world in population and econmic (sic) might, so is Nigeria to Africa. When Obama visited China in 2009, President Obama got the full entourage. He was welcomed by then President Hu Jintao and Premier Xi Jinping and a host of other officials who met the Air Force One when it landed in Beijing. When U.K. Prime Minister David Cameron visited in 2010, he was welcomed by Prime Minister Wen Jiabao. So why not afford the same courtesy to the president of China’s third largest trade partner ?

So Mr always ask questions when you dont know !
Re: A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China by citizenY(m): 1:39pm On Jul 11, 2013
A BEGGAR HAS NO CHOICE.....

I WOULD BE VERY GLAD IF THE CHINESE ENTER INTO AGREEMENTS THAT DO NOT INVOLVE PHYSICAL CASH....THOUGH THESE GUYS HAVE THEIR WAYS....IMAGINE A MINISTER RECEIVING 3 million TECNO PHONES AS BRIBE....THAT WILL BE HILARIOUS grin
Re: A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China by simpleseyi: 3:31pm On Jul 11, 2013
dolphinife: While am not here condemning the motives of President Goodluck Jonathan going to China to seek for loan, am very disappointed and ashamed to be called an African man, a Nigerian, and by extension, a Yoruba man for that matter, for the inferior reception being given to the President.

Reading all the newspapers today, i saw that President Jonathan was received at the airport by the Chinese Assistant Foreign Minister, and our dear President was seen smiling towards the guest. Its a global phenomenon that whenever a president of any country is going to another country for a visit or business, the host president would as a matter of reception, go to the airport to receive the president irrespective of the country the president is heading.

I am very worried and disturbed that our president can be subjected to this charade of shame called reception. Nevertheless, had it mean Nigeria has live up to its name, our president wouldn't have been subjected to this humiliation. I heard our president is in China to seek for 3billion dollars when in the first place, we have so many things we can use in this country to generate such amount. The amount being realised by the oil bunkerers every month is more than 3billion dollars.

If our president can be given this kind of reception, i wonder what manner of reception they would give to an ordinary man. My candid advice for everybody is that we should look inward and solve our problems instead of travelling far and wide to seek for loans. It is high time we harness our natural resources so that we can generate more financial strength to cater for our financial needs.

THANK YOU ALL

What do you expect? When a man comes to your house to beg for money, you ask your house maid to receive him, thereafter you enter your bedroom to relax and call your house maid to give the little change(from the purchase of chewing stick) under the table to the begger.
Re: A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China by bknight: 6:25pm On Jul 11, 2013
chidindufrank: Whether monkeys were sent to receive him doesn't change the fact that he is the president of your country. Is a political plus for him to humble himself and shook hands with the low key chinese officials that were sent to welcome him. This event shows that he is not a spoilt brat.

Are u kidding me? Spoilt brat you say? shocked
my friend, In international relations, there are standardized ways of doing things. This has nothing to do with humility & stuff. We're talking Power here! Smh!

1 Like

Re: A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China by harrisnimasa(m): 6:51pm On Jul 11, 2013
The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender. Proverbs 22:7... so y are u surprised?.Only if thou carefully hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to observe to do all these commandments which I command thee this day.Deuteronomy 15:5 You will lend to many nations but will borrow from none. Deuteronomy 28:12.you will rule over many nations but none will rule over you. ... You will lend money to many nations but will never need to borrow Deuteronomy 15:5 ..WHAT IS HAPPENING TO NIGERIA AND HER LEADERS IS A CONSEQUENCE OF DISOBEDIENCE TO GODS COMMANDMENT(DO NOT STEAL)
Re: A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China by dolphinife: 7:25pm On Jul 11, 2013
Its very pathetic and disgusting seeing your president being ridiculed publicly. But its also more pathetic seeing some idiots and lunatics displaying their stupidity publicly by defending undefensible. They would never see anything negative about our president. May God have mercy
Re: A Very Shameful Show Of Humiliation Towards Goodluck Jonathan In China by Ssddave: 1:41pm On Aug 31, 2014
You don't have to blame the Chinese government for welcoming president of Nigeria the way they did, it's the way life is, respect is given only to people that deserve it, for God sake, Nigeria is richest west Africa country with no common electricity and good road, the whole world know this, the crazy Chinese people are supplying us generator set, we are buying ..... Our leaders are not concerned about their problem, they don't know what they are doing , all they do is steal money for their family, when you arrive oversea and tender your nigerian passport to immigration, they look at it like shit, some just want to throw it in trash can and send you back cause they always feel we Nigerians are trying to escape from jungle we call country, most Nigerians abroad find it hard to say they are nigerian, for good sake we need a leader that can build nigeria , restore hope and bring pride to our country, our youths have all run away, every body just want to leave, even our girls are searching for means to leave the country, we are all tired of being called Nigerians. GOD HELP NIGERIA LEADERS TO COME TO THEIR SENSES

(1) (2) (Reply)

BIAFRA: Tension In Aba As Police Clampdown Biafran Protestes[see PHOTOS] / Dino Melaye During His Surulere Years In 1994 (PICS) / Obama: United State Regret Removing Moammar Gadhafi Of Libya-CNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.