Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,144 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (521933 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Atikubi(f): 11:17am On Oct 23, 2014
Ikenna351:

If you want my personal opinion on Peugeot cars, I will give you that. But if you want a general opinion on Peugeot cars or Peugeot vs Toyota cars, then I am not sure I can help you on that. I don't see cars as how my colleagues, neighbors, friends, loved ones or the world do. I see cars as Ikenna personal do, based on my personal experiences and knowledge I have on them, for the ones I do know of.

Ikenna
Ok, i actually want to know by comparisons which should be a better pick for a lady. I don't know much about cars, i just hear people say Toyota cars are good for Nigerian roads, they're durable and their parts are affordable. The other guy asked for a car within the price range of 700 to 1.4m and u advised him to go for Peugeot. Luckily, that's my budget too! So now i don't know which to pick. Is it that I can't find a good Toyota car within that range or that Peugeot is better? Sorry, if my questions sound somehow but i'm just confused and i don't want to make any mistake in my selection
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Ikenna351(m): 7:55pm On Oct 23, 2014
Atikubi:

Ok, i actually want to know by comparisons which should be a better pick for a lady. I don't know much about cars, i just hear people say Toyota cars are good for Nigerian roads, they're durable and their parts are affordable. The other guy asked for a car within the price range of 700 to 1.4m and u advised him to go for Peugeot. Luckily, that's my budget too! So now i don't know which to pick. Is it that I can't find a good Toyota car within that range or that Peugeot is better? Sorry, if my questions sound somehow but i'm just confused and i don't want to make any mistake in my selection

This reminds me when my sister came to me, to help her choose a car to buy. While listing out cars, I mentioned Toyota xyz. Before I could finished, she was like, "Excuse me!" Lol! Do you get it now?

So, it depends on you. Most ladies would choose what everyone drives, but few would be like, "I don't want this, I want that!" And my sister is truly enjoying what she ended up with, with my guidance. Funny enough, the car has been very faithful to her. Never let her stranded or cost her fortune to keep on the road.

So, again, do you still want me to talk about how to live a boring live behind the wheel or you want me to talk to you about how to live a good life behind the wheel and become a Lioness while at it? cheesy

Ikenna
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Atikubi(f): 12:53pm On Oct 24, 2014
Ikenna351:

This reminds me when my sister came to me, to help her choose a car to buy. While listing out cars, I mentioned Toyota xyz. Before I could finished, she was like, "Excuse me!" Lol! Do you get it now?

So, it depends on you. Most ladies would choose what everyone drives, but few would be like, "I don't want this, I want that!" And my sister is truly enjoying what she ended up with, with my guidance. Funny enough, the car has been very faithful to her. Never let her stranded or cost her fortune to keep on the road.

So, again, do you still want me to talk about how to live a boring live behind the wheel or you want me to talk to you about how to live a good life behind the wheel and become a Lioness while at it? cheesy

Ikenna
Ok, tell me which is more economical cheesy thanks for ur response though
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by klodike(m): 6:42pm On Oct 24, 2014
Gurus in the house please i need clarification. On a vehicle, the manufacturers pressure for the tires are 32psi/ 220kpa. But a volcaniser said it's equivalent to 40. Pls which units do they use, an is it equivalent Thanks, anticipating your response.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 24, 2014
klodike:
Gurus in the house please i need clarification. On a vehicle, the manufacturers pressure for the tires are 32psi/ 220kpa. But a volcaniser said it's equivalent to 40. Pls which units do they use, an is it equivalent Thanks, anticipating your response.

My brother stick to 32psi. Mine is even different cos we fight all the time I have my own guage so I double check. My front wheels are 28psi while back is 32psi we fight all the time. If you have a burst tyre they won't come to your rescue neither do they know more than the manufacturers.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by klodike(m): 8:16pm On Oct 24, 2014
True bro i would do exactly as suggested. Thanks.
cne010:

My brother stick to 32psi. Mine is even different cos we fight all the time I have my own guage so I double check. My front wheels are 28psi while back is 32psi we fight all the time. If you have a burst tyre they won't come to your rescue neither do they know more than the manufacturers.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ani1offiong(m): 6:50pm On Oct 27, 2014
Plz.which of the following brand of c-class Benz is the best interms of durability, performance, and fuel efficiency, c class 200,1999 and c230 year 2000? Thanks.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by WoodcrestMayor(m): 3:32pm On Oct 28, 2014
I heard Toyota Corolla (05-07) and matrix av good fuel economy.I wuld av loved if they had aux port for mp3/music-i no get time dey carry CD up and down.Yeah I knw I can get mp3 player connected thru d ciggarette lighter but I want to take dat as last resort.

Do u guys knw solid car brands dat av equal or beta fuel economy without compromising engine performance(btw 05 and 08 model) that has dis feature?

Also,hw much more fuel does a V6 engine(say Honda 05/06) consume compared to a matrix/corolla engine(05/06/07).

Which is more pocket friendly per maintance? smiley
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by WoodcrestMayor(m): 3:38pm On Oct 28, 2014
Nice car.
Plz watz d price range and wat kinda engine?Is it a V6?
conyema12:
I need to pick this car Toyota Yaris 2012 model. ( so I.was told) I.dont know much about it. any advice ? Will it serve me well? In fact it would be my first car if gotten.

Thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Akeem478: 9:35am On Nov 02, 2014
Gents, I need your help, I want to buy 2008/9 LEXUS, but RX330 and RX350 on 09 looks alike and d price are almost thesame, pls which 1 should I go for and why, can text to 07088686985 or damyem1@yahoo.com
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by autosavvy: 11:13pm On Nov 02, 2014
Can anyone assist with the contact info of a good Mitsubishi mechanic?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by okadbest(m): 10:47am On Nov 03, 2014
HI People, first time her.

Any refererrals to any professional mechanic for Lexux Rx ranges in Surulere/Mushin/Yaba area?

Glad if the house can help.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 11:08am On Nov 03, 2014
okadbest:
HI People, first time her.

Any refererrals to any professional mechanic for Lexux Rx ranges in Surulere/Mushin/Yaba area?

Glad if the house can help.

What happen to your RX?
Check this thread: www.nairaland.com/1487612/club-lexus/5#1487612.163
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by okadbest(m): 10:58pm On Nov 03, 2014
Thanks lomomike. Nothing yet...as i neva buy am! Planning to buy, so am trying to get a referral to a good mechanic in the house with workshop around Surulere.

Thanks for the heads-up.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ani1offiong(m): 9:35pm On Nov 06, 2014
ani1offiong:
Plz.which of the following brand of c-class Benz is the best interms of durability, performance, and fuel efficiency, c class 200,1999 and c230 year 2000? Thanks.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 06, 2014
[quote author=ani1offiong post=27788726][/quote]

The C230K is your best bet.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by fineboy80: 12:45pm On Nov 11, 2014
Guys, I just got a toyota highlander 2004 barely 5 months ago. I'm having this issue of temperature rise most especially when using A/C.

I was advised to remove the thermostat and even change the coolant which i did but the issue still persist.

Any other suggestion from someone who use this car will be welcome.

Thanks.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Countersam(m): 3:52pm On Nov 11, 2014
Goodday all, pls who can tell me where to find the cd changer in almera tino 2002 auto. I just bought it and noticed it plays cds in like 3 trays out of its 6loader but i cnt find where it is. Help
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by tunjiNaija(m): 7:39pm On Nov 13, 2014
How attractive is a 2004 2-door Honda Accord?
I want to sell mine but not sure what sort of money i can get for it. I hear most people talk about the fact it's a 2-door makes it in less demand. is this true? If so, what price range can one sell it for? All things being equal. Would appreciate some feedback, Thanks!
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 1:17am On Nov 14, 2014
tunjiNaija:
How attractive is a 2004 2-door Honda Accord?
I want to sell mine but not sure what sort of money i can get for it. I hear most people talk about the fact it's a 2-door makes it in less demand. is this true? If so, what price range can one sell it for? All things being equal. Would appreciate some feedback, Thanks!

There is someone out there looking for a 2 door if it is well maintained and looks clean should fetch good money.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Emmans1(m): 11:32pm On Nov 15, 2014
please who can suggest a good workshop for me. I want
to be trained as an auto mechanic. PLEASE

the address is OK for me.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 7:30am On Nov 16, 2014
Emmans1:
please who can suggest a good workshop for me. I want
to be trained as an auto mechanic. PLEASE

the address is OK for me.

Which state do you reside in?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by twinskenny(m): 1:27pm On Nov 16, 2014
I need a sincere volkwagen golf mechanics..

am in Lagos.. all the one have been using are pure scammers... collecting money for parts and wont fix it.

please its urgent..

thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Emmans1(m): 1:53pm On Nov 16, 2014
Thanks....

in stay in ikorodu, Lagos.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by okadbest(m): 10:08am On Nov 17, 2014
Hi fellow Nairalanders,

Can anyone assist me with the best ATF for the RX300?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.