Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (524623 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Ojaysport: 8:43am On Feb 25, 2015
mrng Nairalander, if u have been buying fuel in NNPC stations,the anttendant wil tel u to buy a fuel injectn cleanes and treatment which they sell there.has any1 bought it b4 and how is it to engine performance
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by buorofred: 10:51am On Feb 25, 2015
[quote author=Ikenna351 post=16753548]Hi all,

hi all, pls i just bought benz c200 compressor, can someone tell me more about the car
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by buorofred: 10:54am On Feb 25, 2015
pls i want to know about this car
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ngbedeogoh: 10:12am On Feb 27, 2015
Please. how much can I get a tokunbo Peugeot 206 from contonou with genuine custom papers?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by OROSUNBOLB(m): 11:29pm On Mar 01, 2015
Which transmission oil is most suitable for Honda accord 2006 model ?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 12:14pm On Mar 02, 2015
OROSUNBOLB:
Which transmission oil is most suitable for Honda accord 2006 model ?

Hondas DW-1 or something like that
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by OROSUNBOLB(m): 2:50pm On Mar 02, 2015
cne010:

Hondas DW-1 or something like that

Thanks bro.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by conyema12(m): 10:05pm On Mar 03, 2015
Good evening guys, I want to buy this 2006 rav4 and after checking the history I discovered its AutoCheck score is 91 which is very good, ( with other vehicles at 61-85) even though 2 accidents reported as slight and minor were included in the history. Should I be worried about the accidents?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by magarchi: 1:17pm On Mar 04, 2015
Please help! Am faced wt making a choice btwn Lexus rx330 and ford edge...both cars are sweet in my eyes but am wondering which would be more rugged, considering the state of our roads in naija...plus maintenance implications and re sell value after 2 or 3 yrs.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Ugochux(m): 1:23pm On Mar 07, 2015
Oga Ikenna351, abeg where can I get an electronic car screening device and how much is it?thnks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Bossken(m): 12:16pm On Mar 09, 2015
Pls i need advice for vw passat 2002 model. i intend buying a nigerian used one and the owner said it has gear relay fault. what does that mean and what re the other peculiar issues with this car? thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by koluray: 3:57pm On Mar 11, 2015
@boosken, when buying a used car, you need to know the cost of fixing and optimising, that should inform your buying decision, whether its worth it or not. the gear relay needs replacement, thats what ur being notified about. am not aware of other peculiar issues though
@magarchi....for aesthetics, i would prefer the EDGE, but for maintenance and resell value, i would prefer the lexus
@conyema12....a 2006 rav 4 is a lovely drive, i would not be bothered about the accident history if the car looks great, but it would be nice to know if the airbag condition is okay, as safty comes first
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 3:59am On Mar 12, 2015
Bossken:
Pls i need advice for vw passat 2002 model. i intend buying a nigerian used one and the owner said it has gear relay fault. what does that mean and what re the other peculiar issues with this car? thanks

Yes it is a peculiar issue cos they keep feeding the car the wrong transmission oil. Find another car
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by koluray: 8:12am On Mar 12, 2015
cne010:

Yes it is a peculiar issue cos they keep feeding the car the wrong transmission oil. Find another car

whats the right transmission oil for the vehicle?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 11:04am On Mar 12, 2015
koluray:

whats the right transmission oil for the vehicle?

You need consult the Manual is the VW branded oil your best bet is to get it online or have a friend abroad send it to you.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by tuinzy4ever: 12:39pm On Mar 12, 2015
Hi Guys,
What online platform can i explore for auto parts.
I use Honda sedan (accord) and a Pilot.
I really don't trust my mechanics anymore so i need a reliable e-commerce in Naija i can shop my auto parts.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by tunjijones(m): 7:19pm On Mar 14, 2015
My 2002 camry is always high. Pls what can I do abt it
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by tunjijones(m): 7:21pm On Mar 14, 2015
tunjijones:
My 2002 camry is always high. Pls what can I do abt it

The temprature of My 2002 camry is always high. Pls what can I do abt it[
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by oktawian(m): 1:21am On Mar 16, 2015
First check that if the radiator's fan is working properly. It should start when the engine is about 90 o C

And ofc did you check the coolant level ?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by macko: 4:31pm On Mar 17, 2015
Gents, My Nissan Premera 2000 wagon that i recently bought is jerking while driving and does not fire well, i have changed the fuel pump, run a check on the distributor, exhaust , air floe meter and all the necessary electrical checks have been done on it yet the car does not fire well.
Finally i took it to another electrician who said it is the car brain box which i found very difficult to believe.
Could any one please help me.
You can mail me via shyspoil@gmail.com
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Larrydee(m): 8:24pm On Mar 18, 2015
I'm hunting for mazda 6 2007 touring. Anyone with useful information on where I could buy a neat one should help please. I've checked olx, cheki and carmudi.
Please help a brother before I change my mind and buy one of these bland, not fun to drive, very plain toyotas.
Thanks.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by oktawian(m): 11:29am On Mar 19, 2015
It's a very nice car, if you will find one that is in really good shape it will give you a lots of fan from driving.

Try to find one with 1.8l or 2.0l petrol engine, about the gearbox , maunal and automatic , both are good but the way that they taking care about automatic gearboxes in Nigeria... hmm cheesy

As a mechanic engineer from Europe:

My advice if it will be automatic , buy proper gearbox oil and filter and change them right away after buying the car ! It will give you a pece of mind for a really long time ! If you don't know what type of oil it use, feel free to ask me.

If you have a chance try to scan the whole car before buying, by scan i mean plug in the computer in to the car and check for any errors in engine, ABS, airbag,gearbox, etc. modules.

Regards Oktawian
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by blessedjohny4u: 8:29am On Mar 25, 2015
adisajoshua:
kindly help me out,my nissan Altima 2003 4plug just got head gasket change, no more oil and water mix but the engine shakes all the time as if finding difficult to breathe,yet it didn't stopped working
exhaust check,plug/misfire check says all is well,
yet the engine shakes until it reached 2000rpm,it idle at 800/900rpm, another mechanic says timing might not be well set, should I allow him to set timing chain again
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by blessedjohny4u: 8:43am On Mar 25, 2015
Hello Adisa Joshua,

kindly allow your mechanic to have a look at the timing, it might just be retarded
or better still let him also look at the belt and pulleys for slacks.

if this doesn't work then look @ Ur air flow meter, this shld solve the issue.

For more car issues please kindly go to this link.

http://johnyblogscars..com/?spref=tw

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.