Stats: 3,195,373 members, 7,958,025 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:34 AM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (550988 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (226) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by the1alivee: 10:21am On Jan 22, 2015
hi

I have honda civic hybrid 2003, could anyone please help me to get sat nav and radio code plzzz

VIN # JHMES95603S200738
Serial # 22001179

many thx..

Tariq
the1alive@hotmail.com
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Day11(m): 1:31pm On Jan 22, 2015
the1alivee:
hi

I have honda civic hybrid 2003, could anyone please help me to get sat nav and radio code plzzz

VIN # JHMES95603S200738
Serial # 22001179

many thx..

Tariq
the1alive@hotmail.com

You got a mail

serviceday11@hotmail.com
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by replete(m): 11:19pm On Jan 22, 2015
Please how much is a clean 2005 tokunbo Rav4? Anybody with an idea?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by FUNKYSHA: 2:15pm On Jan 27, 2015
hello Room,
Please i want to know whether it is possible to use a 2013 JBL navigation system for venza 2013 and install it in toyota venza 2010. What is the possiblity that all the steering buttons will work. Please i need this information urgently.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by conyema12(m): 3:33pm On Jan 27, 2015
Good day guys
please I need to make a choice between Toyota rav4 2007 or 2005 and lexus rx 330. In terms of durability, fuel economy, maintenance and quality, which one should I go for.

This decision is important to me as this is the first car am buying.

Thank you
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by MozB: 9:10am On Jan 30, 2015
5 SAFETY CARS IN 2015

Safety is no longer a back-burner priority for new-car shoppers. Across most types of vehicle shoppers, it’s one of the top concerns. Many families, as we recommend, start their shop­ping process by weeding out potential vehicles that simply don’t make the cut in occupant safety.
However, in 2015 that’s less straightforward than it’s been in the past. There are so many five-star government safety rat­ings; so many well-stocked safe­ty feature lists, and so many top safety picks from the Federal Road Safety Commission that it’s hard to filter out those that are the best from those that are merely better than average.

1) 2015 Subaru Legacy
“The Legacy has pegged the Top Safety Pick+ meter, and it’s a perfect five-star performer.”
The 2015 Subaru Legacy achieves top-notch results in ev­ery single category. What makes it stand out, even above other models that achieve the same, is that it’s also one of the few models to manage the ‘Superior’ front crash prevention rating when equipped with the option­al EyeSight system. Even better, we think, is that you don’t have to go for the most expensive model in the line-up to get that potential life-saver; it’s available on the affordable premium mod­els, where you can add it and get a sedan with things like Blind Spot Detection, Rear Cross Traf­fic Alert, lane-departure alert, adaptive cruise control, and a system that can brake you to a stop short of an imminent col­lision in some cases, or lessen the severity of one by reducing speeds.

2) 2015 Volvo S60
“The 2015 Volvo S60 has strong crash-test scores and an impres­sive array of electronic safety systems.”
Going by test results and crash-test ratings, the 2015 Volvo S60 could be the safest car on the market. It’s the paragon of safe­ty if you place a lot of emphasis on crash-test results, with a per­fect flush of five-star ratings in every single area. And there’s a lot of active safety on offer, if you’re willing to check a few option boxes. It’s also for years been one of the top performers, with some of the lowest rates of injury related insurance losses among luxury sedans.

3) 2015 Hyundai Genesis
“With respect to active-safety features, the 2015 Hyundai Gen­esis has now caught up to the best from Germany, Japan, or Detroit.”
The Genesis serves as the flagship luxury model for Hyun­dai’s range of vehicles, but it de­serves to make shoppers’ short­lists as much for safety as for features and creature comforts, The Automatic Emergency Braking system that’s available in the Genesis, as part of the Technology Package, is one of the few active-safety systems to be rated as ‘Superior’ in testing. Furthermore, the fully optioned Genesis has a critical mass of active-safety items (what Hyundai calls the Sensory Sur­round Safety System), including things like Blind Spot Detection (BSD), Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA), and Lane Change Assist (LCA)—as well as Lane Keep As­sist (LKA), which will actually make mild steering corrections to help keep you in your lane if attention lapses.

4) 2015 Mazda CX-5
“The CX-5 is a safety superstar, with excellent crash-test ratings and an advanced forward-colli­sion warning system.”
Going by crash-test results, the 2015 Mazda CX-5 is the top performer in its class, with five stars in all the federal crash categories, as well as top ‘good’ results in every single catego­ry—and the ‘Advanced’ rating for front crash prevention when equipped with the optional Smart City Brake Support, which will brake you automati­cally for hazards at speeds rang­ing from 4 to 19 mph.
To get that feature, you do need to step-up to the top-of-the-line Grand Touring model and its Technology Package.

5) 2015 Mercedes-Benz M-Class
“The 2015 M-Class has some standout active-safety features, as well as top-tier crash-test rat­ings.”
Mercedes-Benz has, for de­cades, made some of the ve­hicles with the lowest rates of fatality and injury.
Relatively few of its current models have been rated by both U.S. agencies—which keeps more of them from being given a perfect ‘10’ in safety—but the M-Class stands as an exception. It’s earned top ratings in both crash-test protocols, and its set of active-safety items is one of the best in its class. Collision Prevention Assist is a stan­dard feature on the M-Class, as is Attention Assist, which can warn you if it thinks you’re too drowsy. Add the optional Pre- Safe Brake feature that’s part of the Driver Assistance Package, and you add even more accident-prevention odds improvement. With it, the M-Class earns a ‘Su­perior’ rating.
By the way, there’s change in store for this model line, but it shouldn’t be to the detriment of safety. Look for the upcom­ing 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class to continue the M-Class form factor (and its underpin­nings), albeit with new badging, a refreshed cabin and other en­hancements.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by CashVessel(m): 3:15pm On Feb 02, 2015
Can anyone in the house inform me on where to get 2010 Lexus RX350 parts? Thanks.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 12:06am On Feb 04, 2015
To the expert in the house i need your help, just bought a tk toyota corolla 2008 automatic, I discovered when am on speed and slow down and begin to accelerate, it takes time to change gears, it also makes a lot of nosie before moving to the next gear. To the bosses in the house, what shd i check for or what can i do?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 1:01pm On Feb 04, 2015
keyman0007:
To the expert in the house i need your help, just bought a tk toyota corolla 2008 automatic, I discovered when am on speed and slow down and begin to accelerate, it takes time to change gears, it also makes a lot of nosie before moving to the next gear. To the bosses in the house, what shd i check for or what can i do?
To scan a vehicle, there are three types of codes, permanent codes, pending code and stored. The fact that your check engine light is not showing does not mean that there is no stored code in your corolla ECU. Even though your check engine light is not showing, its advisable to do a scan to have an idea about the stored codes. Repairing a car without scanning is worrisome. But if you insist you dont need a scan because the check light is not showing, change your transmission atf like i advised. All the best!
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by UrGuy: 2:38pm On Feb 05, 2015
please where can i get a speed governor or speed limiter for vehicles in nigeria
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 4:43pm On Feb 05, 2015
UrGuy:
please where can i get a speed governor or speed limiter for vehicles in nigeria

Some trackers have inbuilt speed limiters but you must enable them before they function. Once they reach the pre-set speed, they interrupt any additional speed. Peace Mass Transit use them in their fleet. Ask the drivers or visit their park and speak to their managers to direct you to the folks who installed such features in PMT.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 9:48pm On Feb 10, 2015
open hood notification causing the alarm to trigger randomly in my Toyota camry 2007 xle.
Any suggestions
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Ugochux(m): 12:26pm On Feb 16, 2015
I considering buying a car from a friend, what are d necessary papers I should ask for..secondly, how do I change d names to mine..thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by seyioye1: 5:18am On Feb 22, 2015
I read on car talk yesterday about Nigeria customs selling car @ seme boarder ,pls how true it is?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by twinskenny(m): 4:05pm On Feb 22, 2015
seyioye1:
I read on car talk yesterday about Nigeria customs selling car @ seme boarder ,pls how true it is?

becareful so you dont fall a victim
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Neroclassic(m): 8:27am On Feb 25, 2015
hello peeps,i'm about to import cars for sale in naija but i'm scared about the FGN's high import tariff on imported cars.my questions are these: would I make profit?what brand of cars and year of make would attract fast patronage?thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (226) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread