Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,654 members, 7,827,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (525107 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by innie77(m): 8:47pm On May 12, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Go to autos section.
Please how much is the head lamp n fender for Toyota Avensis 2010. ASAP PLEASE
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 7:02am On May 13, 2015
My car, Nissan maxima 2002 gle, v6 3.5L consumes lot of fuel especially in the city. Just few moving around the city with no traffic, I used up to 20 litres in 2 days. Please what can I do to resolve the issue.
Moreover, the sound changes from quiet to a bit loud when I engage the gear to either R or D while idle but goes quiet again when I'm in motion I.e high sound when I apply brakes but low/normal in motion

Secondly, please can you recommend a very suitable and efficient engine oil, gear oil and oil filter for the car as I am scared of buying just any.

Thanks in anticipation

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:37pm On May 15, 2015
Lomomike abeg clean^^^ small
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dcal001: 11:11am On May 16, 2015
Hello Guys, I just got a mazda 3 2008 tokunbo. Pls who knows a good mechanic for this kind of car that can service and do repairs for mazda?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:14am On May 16, 2015
dcal001:
Hello Guys, I just got a mazda 3 2008 tokunbo. Pls who knows a good mechanic for this kind of car that can service and do repairs for mazda?

Give me a call, 08023251039. Lagos only
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Chuxxy4me(m): 11:24am On May 18, 2015
Where are you based?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by igwemc(m): 12:21pm On May 18, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]Helo, can anyone with experience advise on Mazda 626 2000 model,d weak points I should expect. I just bougth a used One. Tanx
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by gbonsalifus(m): 9:15am On May 21, 2015
some home pespective car talk here www.101carsense..com
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 11:01am On May 21, 2015
deyinkadeji:
My car, Nissan maxima 2002 gle, v6 3.5L consumes lot of fuel especially in the city. Just few moving around the city with no traffic, I used up to 20 litres in 2 days. Please what can I do to resolve the issue.
Moreover, the sound changes from quiet to a bit loud when I engage the gear to either R or D while idle but goes quiet again when I'm in motion I.e high sound when I apply brakes but low/normal in motion

Secondly, please can you recommend a very suitable and efficient engine oil, gear oil and oil filter for the car as I am scared of buying just any.

Thanks in anticipation
Bro you drive a 3.5l car why are you suprised? That's the size of most SUVs. These are factors to take into consideration b4 you buy a car.A 6 cylinder car is a no no for city driving if fuel is an issue on ur pocket
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by moyinoluwabun(m): 4:19pm On May 21, 2015
I have a Toyota camry '99 (pencil light). D shaft has bn making noise for about two months now. Wanna ask if it's advisable to travel with it cos I don't av cash to fix d shaft now. advise from anyone pls.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 21, 2015
erico2k2:

Bro you drive a 3.5l car why are you suprised? That's the size of most SUVs. These are factors to take into consideration b4 you buy a car.A 6 cylinder car is a no no for city driving if fuel is an issue on ur pocket

thanks, issue fixed..problem emanated from the exhaust
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:30pm On May 21, 2015
moyinoluwabun:
I have a Toyota camry '99 (pencil light). D shaft has bn making noise for about two months now. Wanna ask if it's advisable to travel with it cos I don't av cash to fix d shaft now. advise from anyone pls.

Park it.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 11:59pm On May 21, 2015
deyinkadeji:

thanks, issue fixed..problem emanated from the exhaust
Ok nice one.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by conyema12(m): 2:02pm On May 22, 2015
My car Toyota Rav 4 2006 V6 is showing CEL, VSC and 4WD lights on the dash board. I ordered for this multi system scanner for toyota cars and used it for the diagnosis the result is P0420 and P0430. just as seen in the pix.
I feel the car consumes fuel although the everything seems to be ok since its just 3months old.

Please where can i buy the original catalyst system for the car?
Can i get other advice based on this from guys with similar experience.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:34pm On May 22, 2015
conyema12:
My car Toyota Rav 4 2006 V6 is showing CEL, VSC and 4WD lights on the dash board. I ordered for this multi system scanner for toyota cars and used it for the diagnosis the result is P0420 and P0430. just as seen in the pix.
I feel the car consumes fuel although the everything seems to be ok since its just 3months old.

Please where can i buy the original catalyst system for the car?
Can i get other advice based on this from guys with similar experience.

You can get toks in ladipo market lagos, about 30k a set.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by conyema12(m): 7:23pm On May 22, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

You can get toks in ladipo market lagos, about 30k a set.

Thanks Gazuzz for the reply. although I have already reposted it on your thread.
How reliable are the toks from ladipo. Are there new ones? how affordable are they?

Can this issue be responsible for poor fuel economy?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:05pm On May 22, 2015
conyema12:

Thanks Gazuzz for the reply. although I have already reposted it on your thread.
How reliable are the toks from ladipo. Are there new ones? how affordable are they?

Can this issue be responsible for poor fuel economy?

Poor fuel economy yes, brand new catalyst nope. Toks works well.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by conyema12(m): 9:32pm On May 22, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Poor fuel economy yes, brand new catalyst nope. Toks works well.

thank you and God bless you bro
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by smoothmellow: 1:16am On May 23, 2015
Please i need you to tell me what you know about Honda Ridgeline.. How is it economical?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:36am On May 23, 2015
smoothmellow:
Please i need you to tell me what you know about Honda Ridgeline.. How is it economical?

Powertrain
Engine3.5 L 250 hp 247 lb-ft V6

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find.do?action=sbs&id=24543

City 15mpg highway 20mpg

Pretty impressive
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by plasgidy: 1:38am On May 23, 2015
officialteemi:
pls how much can i get a tokunbo golf4

I have one at Lagos, which came from Germany recently very clean red with factory fited air conditioning manual. If u are interested, reply
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by geowari(m): 11:46am On May 27, 2015
Hi Every My name is George,I want to get a car, my budget is 1.2m for everything and this is my first car but I don't really know much about cars.I will love to get something really comfortable, I'm not sure which to get.Any recommendation please? thanks.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by plasgidy: 9:23pm On May 27, 2015
geowari:
Hi Every My name is George,I want to get a car, my budget is 1.2m for everything and this is my first car but I don't really know much about cars.I will love to get something really comfortable, I'm not sure which to get.Any recommendation please? thanks.

Go for Toyota Corolla or Camrey or vw golf 4
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by grafikii: 4:42pm On May 28, 2015
mrghost:
What can I get swapping with a 2003 VW passat?

Off topic,

Why are you swapping your passat, i am about to buy this same car and i will like to know you experience with it.

1. Is the passat a good car

2. What is cost of maintenance like (average or expensive)

3. Do you experience breakdowns with this ride, if yes, how often?

Would you advise me to buy a passat or go for something else.

Looking for to your response. Thanks in advance

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.