Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,193 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (524665 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Larrydee(m): 5:44pm On Apr 04, 2015
Thanks Bro

oktawian:
It's a very nice car, if you will find one that is in really good shape it will give you a lots of fan from driving.

Try to find one with 1.8l or 2.0l petrol engine, about the gearbox , maunal and automatic , both are good but the way that they taking care about automatic gearboxes in Nigeria... hmm cheesy

As a mechanic engineer from Europe:

My advice if it will be automatic , buy proper gearbox oil and filter and change them right away after buying the car ! It will give you a pece of mind for a really long time ! If you don't know what type of oil it use, feel free to ask me.

If you have a chance try to scan the whole car before buying, by scan i mean plug in the computer in to the car and check for any errors in engine, ABS, airbag,gearbox, etc. modules.

Regards Oktawian
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by OROSUNBOLB(m): 7:01pm On Apr 05, 2015
Ikenna,kindly advise me on what to do as my Honda accord 2006 model (manual transmission) jerks for few seconds while driving. I mean,it will jerk for one or two seconds,then everything is okay again. It has never given me any headache since I bought it early last year. What should I do ?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by msochi: 11:57am On Apr 12, 2015
I can remember the day I bashed a bullion van......................................................................
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kendsage(m): 1:00am On Apr 13, 2015
Please what are the likely isues with a toyota ccamry 2010 with a thumb start botton.i heard it is problematic.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by DeeOneBangin: 9:48am On Apr 13, 2015
Hi peeps, my engine quickly consumes engine oil, the engine Oil gets low in no time. Last time I serviced was a week ago and my gauge is already telling me it's getting Low.... And am sure it's not leaking, please what could be happening?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by tollybloggz(m): 3:22pm On Apr 14, 2015
Which 1 will u advice some1,who is buying car for d first time to buy toyota camry muscle or toyota corrolla.Pls reply asap
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by caseyhills(m): 3:29pm On Apr 14, 2015
Hey! Guys am an Auto Electrician! am looking for job in any Auto shop so I can build up myself more pls if anyone have any place should just tell me pls guys! I stay in Lagos!
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by jonnyp(m): 5:28pm On Apr 20, 2015
Pls house I need your advice ooh, I want know. HwgooD and efficient is passat 2009...the fuel,parts and other things.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Bigade: 12:24am On Apr 24, 2015
my engine oil finish while driving and the engine hook, and since then it refuse to start, pls what's the next thing to do to the car. Thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:31pm On Apr 24, 2015
Bigade:
my engine oil finish while driving and the engine hook, and since then it refuse to start, pls what's the next thing to do to the car. Thanks

Details of engine type. Location of vehicle.

First start with the cause , engine was burning oil, once oil is completely burnt it will not libricate the moving parts, there will be increased friction and heat, extensive wear and tear and engine will freeze(effect) since engine was already burning oil its best to replace engine.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:33pm On Apr 24, 2015
DeeOneBangin:
Hi peeps, my engine quickly consumes engine oil, the engine Oil gets low in no time. Last time I serviced was a week ago and my gauge is already telling me it's getting Low.... And am sure it's not leaking, please what could be happening?

What type of engine is it? If its a peugeot it can be rebuilt and engine will be good as new.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:36pm On Apr 24, 2015
OROSUNBOLB:
Ikenna,kindly advise me on what to do as my Honda accord 2006 model (manual transmission) jerks for few seconds while driving. I mean,it will jerk for one or two seconds,then everything is okay again. It has never given me any headache since I bought it early last year. What should I do ?

Its a 2006 accord not a 1991 accord, just run a scan and it will identify the culprit.

If in lagos contact me via my signature free scan (code HA624)
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:39pm On Apr 24, 2015
magarchi:
Please help! Am faced wt making a choice btwn Lexus rx330 and ford edge...both cars are sweet in my eyes but am wondering which would be more rugged, considering the state of our roads in naija...plus maintenance implications and re sell value after 2 or 3 yrs.

None of both cars are "rugged" get a rover defender if you want rugged.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Bigade: 9:17pm On Apr 24, 2015
pls, how much can I get a dodge caravan 2000 model Tokunbo engine (engine without kick and alternator)
GAZZUZZ:

Details of engine type. Location of vehicle.

First start with the cause , engine was burning oil, once oil is completely burnt it will not libricate the moving parts, there will be increased friction and heat, extensive wear and tear and engine will freeze(effect) since engine was already burning oil its best to replace engine.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by OROSUNBOLB(m): 5:41am On Apr 25, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Its a 2006 accord not a 1991 accord, just run a scan and it will identify the culprit.

If in lagos contact me via my signature free scan (code HA624)

Thank you.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:23am On Apr 26, 2015
Bigade:
pls, how much can I get a dodge caravan 2000 model Tokunbo engine (engine without kick and alternator)

Whole engine is 45k.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Bigade: 8:19pm On Apr 26, 2015
pls, where is your workshop, and how can you bring and fix the engine for me

GAZZUZZ:

Whole engine is 45k.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by officialteemi(m): 1:07pm On Apr 29, 2015
pls how much can i get a tokunbo golf4
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:15pm On Apr 29, 2015
officialteemi:
pls how much can i get a tokunbo golf4

Go to autos section.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread