Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,060 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:43 PM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (522093 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Danfuster(m): 7:20pm On Nov 06, 2016
Thanks @nurey, I got the battery today 75Ah and it comes with a 6months warranty.

I'm trying to fix some problem with van so I can fetch some money through transport/small scale haulage.

I want to replace the punctured/dirty radiator and a few others, but problem now is getting a reliable mechanic who knows this brand (dodge ram 3500 van long chassis).
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by jumpmasta(m): 7:32pm On Nov 06, 2016
Good evening Guys!!. Please i need an urgent information on the current cost of tokunbo engine of Honda accord 2005 EOD.Will appreciate all the inputs please.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 7:33pm On Nov 06, 2016
Danfuster:
Thanks @nurey, I got the battery today 75Ah and it comes with a 6months warranty.

I'm trying to fix some problem with van so I can fetch some money through transport/small scale haulage.

I want to replace the punctured/dirty radiator and a few others, but problem now is getting a reliable mechanic who knows this brand (dodge ram 3500 van long chassis).

If you aren't too good with tools, you can download the repair manual / procedure, study it and put the mechanics through with 100% supervision and assistance. Or just give a mechanic and tell him exactly what you need
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Danfuster(m): 7:47pm On Nov 06, 2016
nurey:

If you aren't too good with tools, you can download the repair manual / procedure, study it and put the mechanics through with 100% supervision and assistance. Or just give a mechanic and tell him exactly what you need

I'm pretty much a handy person, always loved to get my hands dirty but I don't have any of the tools except jack and spanner grin. I'm changing all 4 tires tomorrow to ("C" 5 thread) then drive it around for a while to check for faults.

I'll look around for the repair manual/procedure, hopefully I can lay my hands on it.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 9:09pm On Nov 06, 2016
Danfuster:

I'm pretty much a handy person, always loved to get my hands dirty but I don't have any of the tools except jack and spanner grin. I'm changing all 4 tires tomorrow to ("C" 5 thread) then drive it around for a while to check for faults.

I'll look around for the repair manual/procedure, hopefully I can lay my hands on it.

Piratebay
Demonoid

You will need a torrent client, flash get, FDM, BITTORENT.

PLEASE you didn't get this information from me also downloading from torrent site is an international cyber crime.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Danfuster(m): 11:04pm On Nov 06, 2016
nurey:

Piratebay
Demonoid

PLEASE you didn't get this information from me also downloading from torrent site is an international cyber crime.

Lol... See baba dey fear international cyber crime. You no wan make jack Bauer come extract you covertly grin
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:32am On Nov 07, 2016
nurey:

Piratebay
Demonoid

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4441396_catlie_jpeg605659c002c64b1a417a14faae997f7e
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Crixie(m): 10:31am On Nov 07, 2016
Good day everyone,so many times I have heard people complaining about unavailability of original auto parts for there cars,Pls visit my thread where I will continually post pictures of original (OEM ) auto parts for various cars
https://www.nairaland.com/3430298/say-bye-bye-fake-auto
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by USPlaceofAutos: 10:17am On Nov 09, 2016
Traveling this season? Does your car need servicing? Then think DuraMAX Full Synthetic Engine Oil. The Engine oil That puts more money in your pocket.

DuraMAX Full Synthetic Engine Oil meets the requirements of API Service SN and ILSAC GF-5 warranty, Chrysler MS-6395T, Ford WSS-M2C945-A, Ford WSS-M2C930-A, GM 6094M, Honda and Toyota as well as most import and domestic models.

Contact Information:
US Place of Autos
10, Veteran Plaza,
433 Herbert Macaulay way,
St Agnes,
Yaba, Lagos
Telephone: 09035870964
E-mail: info@usplaceofautos.com
Twitter handle: @usplaceofautos
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by uchman(m): 3:12pm On Nov 11, 2016
Dear Nairalanders,
Please I have this enquiry to make...
Am about importing this toyota Ipsum car from Japan to my family member living in Akwaibom state...
Please is the parts available in Nigeria I.e in Akwaibom?
Please hope I wont have issue getting the parts(body parts mostly)?
Please guys advice me before I import wetin go finish my mama money on repairs...
She asked for Sienna but I don't like sienna because its used now for transportation, I won't like my mum cruising and passengers waving at her...
Attached is the picture of the car...
Thank you

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Danfuster(m): 6:00pm On Nov 11, 2016
[eauthor=GAZZUZZ post=50829814]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4441396_catlie_jpeg605659c002c64b1a417a14faae997f7e [/quote]

grin cheesy grin

Meanwhile... @experts in the house; I installed the battery and the tires, took the bus for a ride and I discovered the vehicles acceleration didn't compliment the throttling, I suspect the e-brake cos whenever I try to move from rest, the rear wheels tries to spin out. I also did perceive the smell of burning burning break/clutch sort off.

I rarely see vehicles like this with mechanic where am at, so if I would patronize any of them; I need your help on how to instruct them with the fix.
Y'all opinion are crucial.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 8:59pm On Nov 11, 2016
Danfuster:
[eauthor=GAZZUZZ post=50829814]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4441396_catlie_jpeg605659c002c64b1a417a14faae997f7e

grin cheesy grin

Meanwhile... @experts in the house; I installed the battery and the tires, took the bus for a ride and I discovered the vehicles acceleration didn't compliment the throttling, I suspect the e-brake cos whenever I try to move from rest, the rear wheels tries to spin out. I also did perceive the smell of burning burning break/clutch sort off.

I rarely see vehicles like this with mechanic where am at, so if I would patronize any of them; I need your help on how to instruct them with the fix.
Y'all opinion are crucial.

Don't worry Nairaland scan warriors are coming but just in case

Have you scanned the brake?
Have you scanned the clutch?
Have you scanned the accelerator?
Have you scanned the injector?

In fact have you scanned yah sef? Lol
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Richard215: 6:56pm On Nov 18, 2016
Talking about Cars the features of Oga Obama Lemo na wah o shocked
http://thescroll.reportsafrique.com/2016/11/17/things-makes-beast-extra-ordinary-car/

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Dustyno22: 7:01pm On Nov 18, 2016
hello,
i have issues with my peugeot 407 and am told i,ll need the access code to reprogramme it.
any help please......
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Dustyno22: 7:04pm On Nov 18, 2016
hello everyone,
i need to get access code for my peugeot 407,
can anybody help please.
thank you......
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kkon(m): 2:37pm On Nov 19, 2016
How good is ABRO ATF for use as power steering fluid?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 12:03pm On Nov 22, 2016
Hello guys, sorry for deviating from the topic, I intend to get a car for my old man this Xmas, am torn between

Honda pilot 06/07 and
Toyota Highlander 06/07.

Which of these would you recommend.

I really need your help in making the right choice.
Am budgeting 3.5m.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 12:32pm On Nov 22, 2016
victornna:
Hello guys, sorry for deviating from the topic, I intend to get a car for my old man this Xmas, am torn between

Honda pilot 06/07 and
Toyota Highlander 06/07.

Am budgeting 3.5m.

Bad advice
Since you like both cars, use the money do MMM, within 3 months, the money would have doubled so you buy both vehicles for your old man.

Good advice
Start your own fresh thread but above all both vehicles are masters in their class. If fuel economy is of utmost concern, the highlander should be considered, if space is what he needs and you don't care about fuel economy, pick the pilot. Any one you buy is highly reliable
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by USPlaceofAutos: 10:38am On Nov 23, 2016
Distributors needed for DuraMAX Full Synthetic Motor Oil Nationwide.

DuraMAX 5W20
DuraMAX 0w20
DuraMAX 5W30
DuraMAX ATF

Contact Information:
US Place of Autos
10, Veteran Plaza,
433 Herbert Macaulay way,
St Agnes,
Yaba, Lagos
Telephone: 09035870964
E-mail: info@usplaceofautos.com
Twitter handle: @usplaceofautos

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Gstick(m): 6:10pm On Nov 23, 2016
Hi everyone
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by favoured247(m): 8:56am On Nov 24, 2016
pls I want to replace exhaust catalyst for a Toyota corolla 2005. The check light on the dashboard is on, after scanning I was told the exhaust catalyst has expired and needs to be replaced. Pls I want to have an idea of the price of the exhaust catalyst for Toyota corolla 2005. help me if u know
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 9:05am On Nov 24, 2016
favoured247:
pls I want to replace exhaust catalyst for a Toyota corolla 2005. The check light on the dashboard is on, after scanning I was told the exhaust catalyst has expired and needs to be replaced. Pls I want to have an idea of the price of the exhaust catalyst for Toyota corolla 2005. help me if u know
Does such piece expire?
Where's your location?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by favoured247(m): 10:47am On Nov 24, 2016
the mechanic told me it has expired. I am in akwa ibom for now
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by favoured247(m): 10:47am On Nov 24, 2016
kingreign:

Does such piece expire?
Where's your location?
the mechanic told me it has expired. I am in akwa ibom for now
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Afolabisemiu: 3:43pm On Nov 25, 2016
Good afternoon, please can anybody assist me here. I have a ToyotaCamry 1999. I observed since over five months i have bought it that it consumes a lot of fuel. Inititally I was comparing the fuel consuming rate to the informatiion I haeard about camry on its fuel economy. However I was able to substantiate that it consumes more fuel when me and my brother travel to Ibadan. We both allow our gas to reach red at fuel guage and we make sure the guage is at the same place. We bought exactly N3000 fuel in each car. Alas! when we reached Ibadan from Lagos My own fuel guage is already giving me red while that of my brother remain about 2/3 of what we bought bough. I have changed the plug and the airflow meter is good. The car is not smoking and it doesnt give any sound that signifies the exhaust is faulty. But at time When I warm it in the morning I percieved a mild foul smell from the exhaust but with no black smoke. In fact it drops water and this cold engine white smoke. I also feel tht whenever I fire is when the fuel goes down and few times when i accelerate the level of fire is more than the real movement of thje car
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Afolabisemiu: 3:49pm On Nov 25, 2016
favoured247, is the car consuming fuel like mine? cos I was told something like that, but when I went to check few auto websites majority said the catalyst converter is always made to serve each car for its life span but can occasionally get spoilt.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Sylvaxxl1(m): 6:48pm On Nov 25, 2016
victornna:

Honda pilot 06/07 and
Toyota Highlander 06/07.

Am budgeting 3.5m.
If You don't mind, check my signature. I did a review on this on my blog.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 8:45pm On Nov 25, 2016
uchman:
Dear Nairalanders,
Please I have this enquiry to make...
Am about importing this toyota Ipsum car from Japan to my family member living in Akwaibom state...
Please is the parts available in Nigeria I.e in Akwaibom?
Please hope I wont have issue getting the parts(body parts mostly)?
Please guys advice me before I import wetin go finish my mama money on repairs...
She asked for Sienna but I don't like sienna because its used now for transportation, I won't like my mum cruising and passengers waving at her...
Attached is the picture of the car...
Thank you
and you forgot its a right hand drive as well??
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 8:47pm On Nov 25, 2016
Afolabisemiu:
Good afternoon, please can anybody assist me here. I have a ToyotaCamry 1999. I observed since over five months i have bought it that it consumes a lot of fuel. Inititally I was comparing the fuel consuming rate to the informatiion I haeard about camry on its fuel economy. However I was able to substantiate that it consumes more fuel when me and my brother travel to Ibadan. We both allow our gas to reach red at fuel guage and we make sure the guage is at the same place. We bought exactly N3000 fuel in each car. Alas! when we reached Ibadan from Lagos My own fuel guage is already giving me red while that of my brother remain about 2/3 of what we bought bough. I have changed the plug and the airflow meter is good. The car is not smoking and it doesnt give any sound that signifies the exhaust is faulty. But at time When I warm it in the morning I percieved a mild foul smell from the exhaust but with no black smoke. In fact it drops water and this cold engine white smoke. I also feel tht whenever I fire is when the fuel goes down and few times when i accelerate the level of fire is more than the real movement of thje car
and whats the Engine capacity?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by uchman(m): 5:03am On Nov 26, 2016
erico2k2:

and you forgot its a right hand drive as well??

Good morning
I did the conversion here before sending it to Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread