Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,494 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Saved But Still Bound - Loose Him And Let Him Go! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Saved But Still Bound - Loose Him And Let Him Go! (14721 Views)

Hell-bound Christians And Heaven-bound Unbelievers / "Nearly Saved But " By (mfmteam1930) A Tract On Dressing / If Jesus Comes Today Would You Let Him In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saved But Still Bound - Loose Him And Let Him Go! by MostHigh: 2:06pm On Jul 15, 2013
DrummaBoy: Fine answer demi

Self righteous people cannot see sin in themselves but in others

Olaadegbu, why have U avoided the thread I refered U to?

Z*mbie
Re: Saved But Still Bound - Loose Him And Let Him Go! by Goshen360(m): 10:35pm On Jul 15, 2013
@ Olaadegbu,

Goshen360:

I have asked you TWO FUNDAMENTAL QUESTIONS regarding the faith we are called to obey but you scripturally EMPTY to answer it. Are you ready to answer now?

You said you answered me.

OLAADEGBU:

I answered your questions it is you and your partner in crime that have failed to answer mine. You don't have the monopoly of asking people questions when you are not ready to answer theirs. I ask you here again. Answer a simple YES or NO as you ask yourself these questions:

Have I always loved God my Creator with all my heart, mind, soul and strength? ____YES ___NO
Have I made a god in my own image? a god to suit myself? ____YES ___NO
Have I ever used God's name in vain? ____YES ___NO
Have I kept the Sabbath holy? ____YES ___NO
Have I always honoured my parents implicitly? ____YES ___NO
Have I murdered (God considers hatred as murder)? ____YES ___NO
Have I committed adultery (including premarital sex and lust)? ____YES ___NO
Have I stolen (the value is irrelevant)? ____YES ___NO
Have I lied (including fibs and these questions)? ____YES ___NO
Have I coveted (been greedy or materialistic)? ____YES ___NO

Where is your answer? Show me or everyone. Here are the TWO FUNDAMENTAL QUESTIONS TO OUR FAITH AGAIN FROM THIS THREAD: https://www.nairaland.com/1298776/nigerian-woman-died-came-back/5#16777628

Goshen360:
@ Olaadegbu,

I know you love scriptures like this below,

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. 1 John 3:4

If you love scriptures like the ^ above. Do you also love the other side of the ^ above scriptures quoted below:

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

New Living Translation (©2007)
For the law always brings punishment on those who try to obey it. (The only way to avoid breaking the law is to have no law to break!)

Romans 4:15

If you also take Romans 4:15 as scriptures, what do you understand by it and how do you balance it with 1 John 3:4? I await your response.

Show everyone\me your answer to the ^ above two questions if you honestly answered them. They're fundamental to our faith that we believe. This was your reply to the two questions from that thread:

OLAADEGBU:

Here's another story to get you out of your misery.

Many years ago, a man jumped off a high bridge in an effort to end his life. Fortunately, he lived through the ordeal but broke his back as a result of the fall, and ended up in a wheelchair. His attempt to take his life caused a great deal of distress, to those in control of the bridge, to paramedics, to traffic and especially to his family. Authorities wanted to press charges against him but they couldn't, since this was the city's first suicide attempt, they had no law forbidding such an act. He escaped the consequences of the law of man, but suffered the painful consequences of breaking another law, the law of gravity.

In the same way, every person in Adam still sinned and therefore suffered the consequences of breaking the then unwritten moral Law, "the soul that sins, it shall die" (Ezekiel 18:4). Death reigned as king, with a dominion from Adam to Moses. They didn't partake from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil as did Adam, but they still sinned against God.

"Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come" - (Romans 5:14 The Evidence Bible).

And my response was,
Goshen360:
grin grin grin

I knew it! I knew you CANNOT make anything out INTERPRETING those two scriptures given to you. I know it, unless you have to go to your PhD article. I knew it!

grin grin grin

Okay, put it this way and try again. Sin is the trangression of an existing law but when you don't have any law you breaking, what is your sin?

^

Goshen360:
(2) @ Olaadegbu,

Are you still a sinner as a Christian?

AND THIS WAS WHAT YOU CAME UP WITH ON THAT THREAD:

OLAADEGBU:

There is no need to teach a pig how to sing because you will only end up annoying the pig as is evident here. In addition to that I will also end up wasting its time.

When there is a genuine need for the teaching of the word I'll gladly oblige. Till then have a field day because I know you've got nothing to lose.

(Matthew 7:6).

Now, @ Olaadegbu,

I will like you to answer those two questions (#1 & 2) and then I will also proceed to answer all those questions you posted up there so we can continue. Thank you.
Re: Saved But Still Bound - Loose Him And Let Him Go! by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 16, 2013
Goshen360: . . . concluding series!

What is it that scriptures says BOUND a new testament believers?

New International Version (©2011)
But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
But now we have been released from the Law, having died to that by which we were bound, so that we serve in newness of the Spirit and not in oldness of the letter.

Weymouth New Testament
But seeing that we have died to that which once held us in bondage, the Law has now no hold over us, so that we render a service which, instead of being old and formal, is new and spiritual.

Romans 7:6

Scripture speaks expressly that a new testament believer going back to the mosaic system is going back unto bondage because when we DEAD in our sins, we lived under bondage and being bound by the graveclothes and napkins. Now, that we are made alive, Christ don't want the graveclothes still binding us and hence he declared our freedom as a foreSHADOW to Lazarus: Loose Him and Let Him Go! Hence, observing the laws, rules, regulations, sacrifices, ordinances etc is being BOUND BY THE REPRESENTATION OF GRAVECLOTHS AND NAPKINS TO A NEW TESTAMENT CHRISTIAN.

Today, many Christians and Christian leaders bring rules, regulations and ordinances of the Moses system into Christianity and call it gospel, bring people into BOUNDage (keeping the under the bondage of the law for ages). Since the law is a type and shadows and these things are hidden truth that was revealed to Paul the Apostle by Christ. If there were truth in themselves, there will be nothing more to be revealed but because they were hidden as SHADOW(a cast of a light,and not the light itself; a cast of truth but not the truth in itself etc).

Legalism and legalist preachers brings rules, regulations, Laws of Moses and BIND it on new testament believers such as no wearing earrings, rules on what to and not to wear, who to and not associate with if they are same church members, no wearing of trousers, no make-ups, not observing the Sabbath day, not looking nice on your wedding day etc. All these and the likes are what BINDS a believer and no longer are they controlled by the Spirit of God.

to be continue
the law of moses ,rule and regulation what they do is all validate your salvation by the flesh which since we as christian the validation of our soul is of the spirit since we were save by grace . When you weight your salvation by the flesh instead of the spirit you are living by the law.
Haleluya amen you kept all ten commandments does that mean your saved?,if you say then congracts cause heaven is sure ,as long as its you own heaven ,
The laws and especial the law of moses where made or obeyed on a moral code of conduct,ARE YOU SAVED BASED ON A MORAL CODE OF CONDUCT?. The way sin is validated by the flesh so also the laws validate our salvation by the flesh example. Say a woman puts on golden ear rings, wears trousers to church,applys makeup if she was to be judged to have sin of what is she to be judge by?,noteing that it is the eyes (flesh) that sees and appreciate this things that she put on,aacknowledging that your validating her based on what you see and the applied rules and regulation .which is not to be so, our salvation is not by checking all the rights and wrong youv done,after all we both know that .
Re: Saved But Still Bound - Loose Him And Let Him Go! by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 16, 2013
Goshen360:

Shut up! Everything you and Obadiah777 want to call and interpret as doctrine. You both are making a mess of the word of God. Obadiah777 just said on the other thread here: https://www.nairaland.com/1357800/confusing-scripture-broken-down-thread

How many things will mean the same thing for you guys without showing corresponding scriptures that parallels with your interpretations? You guys are just bastardizing the holy scriptures and making a rubbish of the word of God. Now, show me\us from scriptures where STONE = DOCTRINE.
judging that this things where in the time of the law stone is stone ,things where dirct caue they were meant to be lived by and obey.
Re: Saved But Still Bound - Loose Him And Let Him Go! by truthislight: 4:58pm On Jul 16, 2013
shdemidemi:

My answers to your questions

Have I always loved God my Creator with all my heart, mind, soul and strength? ___NO
Have I made a god in my own image? a god to suit myself? ____YES (I idolise money and my flesh sometimes)
Have I ever used God's name in vain? ____YES
Have I kept the Sabbath holy? ___NO
Have I always honoured my parents implicitly? ___NO (I try to the best of my ability though
Have I murdered (God considers hatred as murder)? ____YES (HATED)
Have I committed adultery (including premarital sex and lust)? ____YES
Have I stolen (the value is irrelevant)? ____YES
Have I lied (including fibs and these questions)? ____YES
Have I coveted (been greedy or materialistic)? ____YES

Romans 7---

My condition

For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

18[b] For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing [/b]

21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

My Conflict
15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

18b)for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

22 For I delight in the law of God(I really want to be good) after the inward man:

23 But I see another law in my members(my body members), warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

My Conclusion

17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me

24 O wretched man(shdemidemi) that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

why did i even gave a like to that ^ post
smiley
Re: Saved But Still Bound - Loose Him And Let Him Go! by truthislight: 5:00pm On Jul 16, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

See how folks fail exams without difficulties. What happened to your comprehension? I said a simple Yes or No to each of the questions would do. Which part of that don't you understand? undecided

Sharrap !

2 Likes

Re: Saved But Still Bound - Loose Him And Let Him Go! by truthislight: 5:01pm On Jul 16, 2013
MostHigh:

Yashua hater

Why not quote the master

Its clear Paul is your stumbling block

What if someone has done all those and later repented nko ?
Re: Saved But Still Bound - Loose Him And Let Him Go! by DrummaBoy(m): 7:15pm On Jul 16, 2013
I've challenged Olaadegbu to a debate on outward adornment but he has not taken it. He challenged me to supply d quotes to what I heard, I did, he avoided the thread. Hmmm...

The challenge with d Olaadegbu kind of theology is the fact that it produces believers with grave cloths on. They are alive in Christ but bound up in religion.

But that is not the biggest tragedy. The tragedy of his doctrine is to have men who have never come alive in Christ but whom d church has succeded in binding up in grave cloths of religion. When their preachers view dem @ d pews, they represent a sea of uniformity: all bound up in grave cloths; all alike: No one knowing who is dead or who is alive. If liberty had been provided, we can tell that this individual is dead and can begin praying for his salvation. But if he/she is dead but padded up in religion, who will save him?

The congregation of the dead.

The beuty of grace is that it comes with truth. We can come as we are and find renewal in Christ Jesus.

2 Likes

Re: Saved But Still Bound - Loose Him And Let Him Go! by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 16, 2013
DrummaBoy: I've challenged Olaadegbu to a debate on outward adornment but he has not taken it. He challenged me to supply d quotes to what I heard, I did, he avoided the thread. Hmmm...

The challenge with d Olaadegbu kind of theology is the fact that it produces believers with grave cloths on. They are alive in Christ but bound up in religion.

But that is not the biggest tragedy. The tragedy of his doctrine is to have men who have never come alive in Christ but whom d church has succeded in binding up in grave cloths of religion. When their preachers view dem @ d pews, they represent a sea of uniformity: all bound up in grave cloths; all alike: No one knowing who is dead or who is alive. If liberty had been provided, we can tell that this individual is dead and can begin praying for his salvation. But if he/she is dead but padded up in religion, who will save him?

The beuty of grace is that it comes with truth. We can come as we are and find renewal in Christ Jesus.

perfectly said.
Re: Saved But Still Bound - Loose Him And Let Him Go! by Boomark(m): 12:44am On Jul 17, 2013
@truthislight
Olaadegbu will sentence you to eternal torment o. Your sins are many. grin grin

@Olaadegbu
what next? truthislight has answered you.

1 Like

Re: Saved But Still Bound - Loose Him And Let Him Go! by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:58pm On Jul 17, 2013
Goshen360:

@ Olaadegbu,

You said you answered me.

Where is your answer? Show me or everyone. Here are the TWO FUNDAMENTAL QUESTIONS TO OUR FAITH AGAIN FROM THIS THREAD: https://www.nairaland.com/1298776/nigerian-woman-died-came-back/5#16777628

Show everyone\me your answer to the ^ above two questions if you honestly answered them. They're fundamental to our faith that we believe. This was your reply to the two questions from that thread:

And my response was,

^

AND THIS WAS WHAT YOU CAME UP WITH ON THAT THREAD:

Now, @ Olaadegbu,

I will like you to answer those two questions (#1 & 2) and then I will also proceed to answer all those questions you posted up there so we can continue. Thank you.

DrummaBoy:

I've challenged Olaadegbu to a debate on outward adornment but he has not taken it. He challenged me to supply d quotes to what I heard, I did, he avoided the thread. Hmmm...

Boomark:

@truthislight
Olaadegbu will sentence you to eternal torment o. Your sins are many. grin grin

@Olaadegbu
what next? truthislight has answered you.

"But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes" (2 Timothy 2:23).

2 Likes

Re: Saved But Still Bound - Loose Him And Let Him Go! by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:01pm On Jul 17, 2013
truthislight:

Sharrap !

Don't be a miscreant. Is that what the Jehovah Witnessess taught you to say?
Re: Saved But Still Bound - Loose Him And Let Him Go! by DrummaBoy(m): 11:11pm On Jul 17, 2013
[quote
author=OLAADEGBU]

"But foolish and unlearned questions avoid,
knowing that they do gender strifes
"
(2 Timothy
2:23).[/quote]

Lamentation of a hypocrite!

As long as U are not the one asking the questions abi?
Re: Saved But Still Bound - Loose Him And Let Him Go! by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:46am On Jul 19, 2013
DrummaBoy:

Lamentation of a hypocrite!

As long as U are not the one asking the questions abi?

Come, See And Encounter

The God that cannot fail@

Deeper Life Conference Centre

Km 42, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway

20-21 July 2013

Saturday 18:00 hours (6:00 PM)

Sunday 08:00 hours (08:00 AM)

http://www.dclm.org/

Re: Saved But Still Bound - Loose Him And Let Him Go! by PastorKun(m): 9:53am On Jul 19, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Come, See And Encounter

The God that cannot fail@

Deeper Life Conference Centre

Km 42, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway

20-21 July 2013

Saturday 18:00 hours (6:00 PM)

Sunday 08:00 hours (08:00 AM)

http://www.dclm.org/

You are looking for more mugus to join you in bondage abi?
Re: Saved But Still Bound - Loose Him And Let Him Go! by shdemidemi(m): 10:04am On Jul 19, 2013
Oladegbu and all these seeker sensitive doctrines.

HIV gone , kidnappers freed and all through kumuyi right?

Are you preaching the same gospel that says this -

12 [L Indeed; In fact] Everyone who wants to live ·as God desires [in a godly manner], in Christ Jesus, will be persecuted. 13 But people who are evil and ·cheat others [impostors; charlatans] will go from bad to worse. ·They will fool others, but they will also be fooling themselves [L …deceiving and being deceived].

12 Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution. 13 But evil men and impostors will grow worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived.

Stop the deceit bro, preach the good news not healing

Preach the good news not finance

Preach the good news not legalism

The scripture says the power of God is revealed when we preach the good news.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Happy Ash Wednesday To Nairalanders / Has God Ever Done Any Irrefutable Miracle For You Before? Come In And Share / Is God Really Omniscient (All-Knowing)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.