Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,523 members, 7,854,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 01:14 PM

I'm Seriously Depressed... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm Seriously Depressed... (1285 Views)

Gay And Depressed. / Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' / I'm Seriously In Love With A Lady Who We Happen To Be Age Mates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Seriously Depressed... by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 12, 2013
Hello, please I need help...it's getting worse...Or maybe I'm overthinking...
Re: I'm Seriously Depressed... by dhrey: 9:14am On Jul 12, 2013
BraideBraide: Hello, please I need help...it's getting worse...Or maybe I'm overthinking...
what is it?
Re: I'm Seriously Depressed... by Acidosis(m): 9:14am On Jul 12, 2013
What are you thinking about?
Re: I'm Seriously Depressed... by Cholls(m): 9:21am On Jul 12, 2013
My sister "Hold On" don't do this to yourself.....Please tell us exactly what's making u depress here. Or better leave your number so I can reach you.
Re: I'm Seriously Depressed... by EejaNla01(m): 9:27am On Jul 12, 2013
Singlehood?
Re: I'm Seriously Depressed... by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 12, 2013
My past-life, my family, my career, my social life, my distance fron God..infactn I'm just lost..
Re: I'm Seriously Depressed... by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:52am On Jul 12, 2013
BraideBraide: My past-life, my family, my career, my social life, my distance fron God..infactn I'm just lost..
Elaborate for better advice u cant just list the above and expect serious advice from piple cus nobody were there when the whole mess up took place
Re: I'm Seriously Depressed... by ximarro(m): 9:57am On Jul 12, 2013
U cn decide 2 die bt i'l advice u nt 2 do it.
Re: I'm Seriously Depressed... by Nobody: 10:00am On Jul 12, 2013
I'm now distant from God...I don't know when it got this far...I rarely pray and all other stuffs...

I don't have friends anymore because I rebranded myself....I know it was a good decision but it's really lonely....I'm a shy peron but I'm also the outgoing type...it's really difficult to make good friends now....
Re: I'm Seriously Depressed... by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 12, 2013
I'm studying a course that I don't care about...I'm in my finals, I'kve practicallly struggled through it all....I keeping asking myself, What Next
I want to work hard and be successful but I just don't know how to start...I'm also lost here..people around just keep saying that I don't have an issue that it's all about marriage..it pissess me off, I don't have any plan yet but I know I want to be great...I just feel I have to start working hard but I'm just conffused..
Re: I'm Seriously Depressed... by Acidosis(m): 10:19am On Jul 12, 2013
There is nothing wrong with you, BraideBraide..
Re: I'm Seriously Depressed... by dhrey: 10:40am On Jul 12, 2013
BraideBraide: I'm studying a course that I don't care about...I'm in my finals, I'kve practicallly struggled through it all....I keeping asking myself, What Next
I want to work hard and be successful but I just don't know how to start...I'm also lost here..people around just keep saying that I don't have an issue that it's all about marriage..it pissess me off, I don't have any plan yet but I know I want to be great...I just feel I have to start working hard but I'm just conffused..
email me at dhareywilliams@yahoo.com for counselling..
Re: I'm Seriously Depressed... by Godson201333(m): 10:55am On Jul 12, 2013
dhrey: email me at dhareywilliams@yahoo.com for counselling..

Che you no fit counsel am for here ni?Una don start ooo
Re: I'm Seriously Depressed... by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 12, 2013
Thank you...i think you sshould do the counselling here for others to learn...
Re: I'm Seriously Depressed... by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 12, 2013
dhrey: email me at dhareywilliams@yahoo.com for counselling..
ashewo no one! ur plan no go work because the poster na man grin grin
Re: I'm Seriously Depressed... by Nobody: 11:34am On Jul 12, 2013
BraideBraide: Thank you...i think you sshould do the counselling here for others to learn...
+1000000 bia.. no go mail am for our back oo!! grin
Re: I'm Seriously Depressed... by Serendipity: 11:36am On Jul 12, 2013
With little info that you gave it might be difficult to conjecture what is bothering you.
==========

But I guess you are overwhelmed by the fear of failure, especially now you are in your finals.
Maybe you keep asking yourself '' what if I don't succeed; what if I don't make it.
============
It now dawns on you that in no too distant time you will finish and will have to face reality and leave the cloistered life that school sometimes offers.
=================
Rest assured, it happens to everyone.
All you should do now is do your best and keep your fingers crossed that everything will pan out well.

Cheers!
Re: I'm Seriously Depressed... by Madawaki01(m): 12:18pm On Jul 12, 2013
@op
JUST PUT UR HAND ON UR CHEST AND SAY ”ALL IZZ WELL”
Re: I'm Seriously Depressed... by dhrey: 12:20pm On Jul 12, 2013
Godson201333:

Che you no fit counsel am for here ni?Una don start ooo
watin naw,since she does nt want to disclose it openly and i guess it would be better to discuss it privately.abi i no do well.
Re: I'm Seriously Depressed... by dhrey: 12:22pm On Jul 12, 2013
bennyraz: ashewo no one! ur plan no go work because the poster na man grin grin
who cares.
Re: I'm Seriously Depressed... by dhrey: 12:24pm On Jul 12, 2013
BraideBraide: Thank you...i think you sshould do the counselling here for others to learn...
no mind dem jor.
Re: I'm Seriously Depressed... by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 12, 2013
Braidebraide,I was once in ur shoes before I decided to take a bold step in d right direction.the only person dat can lift ur spirit back up is u and u alone. My advice to u is to try and bring out d best in watever u r doing,focus more on the positive sides of ur life and try and get closer to God again,cheers
Re: I'm Seriously Depressed... by brightedge(m): 12:59pm On Jul 12, 2013
BraideBraide: My past-life, my family, my career, my social life, my distance fron God..infactn I'm just lost..

About your past life

If most persons want to be sincere, you'll hardly find someone with the perfect past life. We've all made mistakes that we regret, so don't get too hard on yourself because you're not alone. To get over that, be honest with yourself, know that you're not perfect, accept your mistakes, and work hard never to repeat them. If you offended anyone as a result of your past, sincerely beg their forgiveness, forgive yourself and move on. That way you would be at peace with yourself.

About your family.

I don't know what the problem is with your family, but like every problem it can be tackled if you break it down into mini steps and start making small victories. When we're overwhelmed with issues, we fail when we try to do a lot at the same time. You might not be able to solve all of them in one day, but with little steps, you'll get closer to the family life you want.

About your social life.

Like I said about your family, start small and do not take any giant step. I'll assume you're talking about relationships here. Maybe you don't have good friends, or you don't have someone you cherish/cherishes you in your heart. Whatever, just try to be good to people. If you care about people sincerely and you're kind to persons you meet, then your social life would be good soon enough. Starts with small steps. Help someone do some assignment or home chores, buy someone a small gift, appreciate someone... Do all these without expecting the person to do same for you. Love, and you shall be loved!

About your career.

Here, you have to plan. Look at where you are and think about where you want to be, then make small steps to get there. Find out what it takes to get to your ideal career and work towards it. The road won't be perfect. You'll get disappointments or unexpected failures. Whatever, just keep moving towards your goal by continually developing yourself in small easy steps.

About your spiritual life.

Like others, start somewhere. If you're a Christain/Muslim, form a longing for your holy book (Bible/Quran). Go to a close religious center, one that you have friends attending. Surround yourself with friends you admire and keep working together to improve yourself. Keep praying, fellowshipping, and studying.

I'll keep emphasizing this: Start Small! The reason most of us fail in things we want to do is because we try to do too much at the same time. You cannot change all of your life in one giant step. Focus on one small aspect, improve it, then you'll get some momentum to keep improving. The key is continuous improvement (Kaizen as believed by the Japanese).

I wish you the best.

1 Like

Re: I'm Seriously Depressed... by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jul 12, 2013
@bright edge, thank you so much....your words are of wisdom.
Re: I'm Seriously Depressed... by EveryLadY(f): 1:53pm On Jul 12, 2013
BraideBraide: I'm now distant from God...I don't know when it got this far...I rarely pray and all other stuffs...

I don't have friends anymore because I rebranded myself....I know it was a good decision but it's really lonely....I'm a shy peron but I'm also the outgoing type...it's really difficult to make good friends now....

I think i have an idea of what u are talking about. Re-branded in 2010,lost all friends,passed thru the ups and downs of being alone and trying to to come to terms with my new identity. @BraideBraide,u need to keep faith with those things that motivated this re-branding, keep company with the people that share in ur new ID. I have seen some of ur posts and topics.I also think u need to mend ur relationship with God.Its not about sin,its just u were enjoying more closer walk with God b4 and now it has deteriorated. Go back to him and pour out ur heart to him ask HIM to help and He will.
Re: I'm Seriously Depressed... by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 12, 2013
FIRST, cut off from every negative friends and influence. That is the first step!
Re: I'm Seriously Depressed... by mecussey(m): 2:14pm On Jul 12, 2013
What do you think is the problem and what do you think is the solution? If you can answer these two questions then you are close otherwise, we may say things that may make you more depressed.
Re: I'm Seriously Depressed... by GamaG(m): 3:43pm On Jul 12, 2013
dhrey: watin naw,since she does nt want to disclose it openly and i guess it would be better to discuss it privately.abi i no do well.
make the private no enter into the private part o

(1) (Reply)

Can You Remember Your Childhood Lovers? Not Crushes / Which Way Nigeria? I Was Arrested For Starring At A Married Woman / My Dear Ex Are U Still Alive?:-/

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.