Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,218 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

Prenuptial Agreements - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Prenuptial Agreements (20719 Views)

Poll: Your attitude to prenuptial agreements?

Positive: 50% (54 votes)
Negative: 50% (54 votes)
This poll has ended

Do Prenuptial Agreements Work In Nigeria? / Guys, 'prenuptial Agreement' To Avoid Alimony, Palimony And D Monies? / Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prenuptial Agreements by DJA: 11:54am On Nov 23, 2010
This dea is altogether nonsense.It is one of the devil's trcks to corrupt what God has ordained.How dare you ever imagine a possibe divorce in marriage(A blissful and sacred union)
What a world of moral decadence we now see.Who will stand up for the cause of Righteousness in these perilious times.Remember,God HATES putting away(divorce) for whatever reason.
Re: Prenuptial Agreements by Sagamite(m): 2:20am On Nov 24, 2010
DJA:

This dea is altogether nonsense.It is one of the devil's trcks to corrupt what God has ordained.How dare you ever imagine a possibe divorce in marriage(A blissful and sacred union)
What a world of moral decadence we now see.Who will stand up for the cause of Righteousness in these perilious times.Remember,God HATES putting away(divorce) for whatever reason.

Really?

You are God's psychologist that is how you know what he wants?
Re: Prenuptial Agreements by dayokanu(m): 5:24am On Dec 30, 2011
Re: Prenuptial Agreements by ShyOne(f): 4:59am On Jan 02, 2012
I have no choice. I have to sign one. He has family and I have family, we are from 2 different countries and 2 different cultures. We will sign one in Nigeria and one in America - before we marry.

My primary concern is death, NOT DIVORCE. But whether it is divorce or death. A prenup will protect my family and his family so whatever happens between us, both of our families walk away with resources that will care for them for years to come.

If he is against it, I will marry someone who sees the logic in it and is acceptable of it. I've worked hard for what I have and so has he, TRUE LOVE isn't ignorant, nor is it careless, unwise or leave itself open to risky behavior.

My love for him and my love for self dictates that an agreement is put into place that will benefit both families in the event of divorce or death. If I have a man that cannot see the necessity for a prenup, obviously doesn't have my best interest at heart and isn't the man for me.
Re: Prenuptial Agreements by Sagamite(m): 5:14pm On Jan 12, 2012
Shy-One:

I have no choice. I have to sign one. He has family and I have family, we are from 2 different countries and 2 different cultures. We will sign one in Nigeria and one in America - before we marry.

My primary concern is death, NOT DIVORCE. But whether it is divorce or death. A prenup will protect my family and his family so whatever happens between us, both of our families walk away with resources that will care for them for years to come.

If he is against it, I will marry someone who sees the logic in it and is acceptable of it. I've worked hard for what I have and so has he, TRUE LOVE isn't ignorant, nor is it careless, unwise or leave itself open to risky behavior.

My love for him and my love for self dictates that an agreement is put into place that will benefit both families in the event of divorce or death. If I have a man that cannot see the necessity for a prenup, obviously doesn't have my best interest at heart and isn't the man for me.

Which country is he from?
Re: Prenuptial Agreements by Tiana155(f): 6:25pm On Jan 12, 2012
Never sign a prenup. Trust me.
Re: Prenuptial Agreements by Sagamite(m): 6:34pm On Jan 12, 2012
Tiana155:

Never sign a prenup. Trust me.

Why not?
Re: Prenuptial Agreements by ShyOne(f): 2:51am On Jan 13, 2012
Sagamite:

Which country is he from?

Lagos Nigeria
Re: Prenuptial Agreements by Mobinga: 9:43am On Jan 13, 2012
Kobe's about to lose 150M. He had no prenup, and the slut waited for 10 fucking years. . . God damn.
Re: Prenuptial Agreements by Sagamite(m): 10:12am On Jan 13, 2012
Shy-One:

Lagos Nigeria

Where are you from?

Mobinga:

Kobe's about to lose 150M. He had no prenup, and the slut waited for 10 bleeping years. . . God damn.

Good.

Next time he should have a brain and use it.

No pity for ediots on my side.

You are rich and know you will be richer in future and you marry without prenup despite knowing how people milk in divorce in your country. How stewpid, God punish him.
Re: Prenuptial Agreements by Claus(m): 2:55pm On Jan 13, 2012
The prevalence of prenuptial agreements (in the West) shows a big failing of the judiciary in relation to marriage laws.

It clearly shows that most wealthy people (men or women) do not trust the legal system to deal with them fairly in the case of a divorce.

I still shake my head at the woman I saw on one year's Forbes rich list, source of wealth: Divorce Settlement.
Re: Prenuptial Agreements by Sagamite(m): 8:19am On Jan 14, 2012
Claus:

The prevalence of prenuptial agreements (in the West) shows a big failing of the judiciary in relation to marriage laws.

It clearly shows that most wealthy people (men or women) do not trust the legal system to deal with them fairly in the case of a divorce.

I still shake my head at the woman I saw on one year's Forbes rich list, source of wealth: Divorce Settlement.

Lunatic laws.

But politicians don't want to change it because it favours women and they feel there is no political capital in changing it.

I will never understand why anyone should legally get stupendiously rich from money they never earned and which was not given to them out of free will.
Re: Prenuptial Agreements by Ndipe(m): 1:39am On Jan 16, 2012
Is this one of the longest running threads on Nairaland?
Re: Prenuptial Agreements by birdman(m): 3:28am On Jan 16, 2012
It is now, thanks to mr thread necromancer
Re: Prenuptial Agreements by lastpage: 5:59am On Jan 11, 2013
Rottweiler: It's all BULLSHIT!!!!! That's one of the major reasons why marriages can not/are not sustained in the developed world. Is marriage a business venture? NO! If my wife had insisted on us having a prenuptial agreement, I would have called it off, Love or no Love! It really crazy the way certain things are being done this days. Couples are supposed to weather marital storms together and not say QUIT at the slightest provocation just because of the expected 'marital gratuity'! This is no love at all.

Love is sweet when both parties are "IN LOVE"!

But just fast-forward a bit and see them when "Love dont live here Anymore"!

"NOW" is not the problem (You are in-love).
"LATER" is always the problem! (somebody has a change of mind!) shocked shocked

.... and you will know that "Hell has no fury like a wo/man scorned"!

Thats life, shyte happenz!

Lastpage!
Re: Prenuptial Agreements by Trottle: 8:13am On Jan 13, 2013
In Nigeria there is nothing like pre nups, how do u xpect a full blooded nigerian or african man working half of his life to give half of his wealth to a b!t(c).h who did not contribute anything to it i trust our men pre nup or no pre nothing for u xcept your own wealth mtchewww...... Make any idiot!c shit hole come nd try dat with a nigerian man not only u would leave his house but he will show u d way to your father's house
Re: Prenuptial Agreements by inuyasha01(m): 8:25am On Oct 19, 2013
Re: Prenuptial Agreements by Ndipe(m): 3:44am On Oct 13, 2015
Trottle:
In Nigeria there is nothing like pre nups, how do u xpect a full blooded nigerian or african man working half of his life to give half of his wealth to a b!t(c).h who did not contribute anything to it i trust our men pre nup or no pre nothing for u xcept your own wealth mtchewww...... Make any idiot!c shit hole come nd try dat with a nigerian man not only u would leave his house but he will show u d way to your father's house

In rare instances, particularly among the educated elites in Nigeria, women are known to have demanded for a share of their husband's wealth when the marriage breaksdown. Read this

https://www.nairaland.com/360805/keyamos-wife-requests-n20m-compensation
Re: Prenuptial Agreements by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:06am On Sep 17, 2023
Seun:

Well, I am a businessman. I think about my pocketbook all the time. I'd rather be heart-broken and rich than be heart-broken and poor. Let us learn to subject the emotion of "love" to reason. Let's use our big brains!

I totally agree with you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prenuptial Agreements by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:08am On Sep 17, 2023
Scorpio:
Prenups are not for everyone, so if u makin $100,000 a year n u tell me u want a prenup, u gon see d back of my hand!

That should not be a problem if you are equally capable of making your own money
Re: Prenuptial Agreements by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:26am On Sep 17, 2023
lafile:
So we get a pre-nup to secure our assets.
So what do we get to secure our hearts? Oops, sorry, this is the 21st century; the heart is no longer involved in marriage.

Instead of a prenup, just transfer all your assets to a Trust before getting married and then come into the marriage with zero asset

2 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Missing Person Please Help (pic added) / Characteristics Of A Wife Material By Reno Omokri / She Has Invested So Much In Me. Now She Want Marriage And I Dont Love Her Anymore.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.