Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,816 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan - Politics (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan (68253 Views)

Obasanjo Is An Embarrassment To The Military - Nigeria Defence HQ / Wole Soyinka Is Better Off As A 'Guinea Fowl' Hunter - Obasanjo / Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by collynzo2(m): 11:56am On Jul 13, 2013
ShyM-X:

What do you expect from primitive forest dwelling people who never fully evolved before the brits took them out of the forest? You can take a chimp out of the forest but can't take tree-branches swinging and the forest out of the chimp.

These people are what Ozuji called them. Their unique problems can never be solved. undecided
since their problems can never be solved, why are you always wasting your time here with your thousands of accounts. You are a bellend.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Kingspin(m): 11:57am On Jul 13, 2013
Let take the fact carefully here Rivers crises is all about power & interest of anti and pro amaechi.This is not the interest of rivers people so i think Soyinka should speak more like a Nigeria and not like a politician because no group is guilty in this case..
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by collynzo2(m): 11:58am On Jul 13, 2013
The simple solution to this fracas is a televised debate between Wole Soyinka and Patience Jonathan.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 13, 2013
collynzo2: since their problems can never be solved, why are you always wasting your time here with your thousands of accounts. You are a bellend.

Plonker, you brain cells are to blinkered for you to be able to discern the underlying message in the post that you quoted.

By.tch, don't kill my vibe! undecided undecided
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by size38: 11:59am On Jul 13, 2013
Are we sure its GEJ's wife that spoke all those grammar? I seriously doubt. I know she hardly make any correct sentence. But that aside, I expect GEJ and his wife to listen to the words of this distinguished prof. Instead of Abusing him. I totally agree that d wife of d president matches exactly what our respected prof described her "As a mere Domestic Appendage". Pro. Soyinka is well lettered and educated more than GEJ and his wife put together no doubt.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by yahwehreigns: 12:03pm On Jul 13, 2013
No matter what hapens, U dnt talk back at an adult. If our parents talk 2 us at home, do we talk back at them and I bliv Prof Soyinka is old enuf 2 b Patience Jonathan father. God help us all.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by kardoso(m): 12:06pm On Jul 13, 2013
It saddens me that my country is like this. How can a woman who is not better than an illiterate tomatoe seller In the market insult someone of Soyinka's caliber. It's shame up on this country.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 13, 2013
Let me just post my last comment and phuck off the damn thread.

The moral of the story is that you should never fight for black people. They think and act like savages. Just go back in history and check every great black person who was passionate about the race and you would find out that they were all destroyed by people who look like them. The mind and psyche of the black man is wicked and evil. He hates his own and prefers servitude to others.

We can cite Patrice Lumumba, Malcolm X, Huey Newton etc.. Even Jesse Jackson was there when MLK was assassinated, yet he didn't pick his body up and he probably set him up as well.

Prof. Wole Soyinka has achieved enough. He needs to leave that country and disown the cesspit. You can't save savages!!

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 13, 2013
Prof Wole soyinka should emulate From late prof chinua achebe by not dabbling in political issues @all, it is degrading! I mean look @all the criticism he's is generating for himself! He should just respect himself and forget all about political issues! He is a genius and world figure let him respect that fact!!!!!!
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by nduchucks: 12:09pm On Jul 13, 2013
size38: Are we sure its GEJ's wife that spoke all those grammar? I seriously doubt. I know she hardly make any correct sentence. But that aside, I expect GEJ and his wife to listen to the words of this distinguished prof. Instead of Abusing him. I totally agree that d wife of d president matches exactly what our respected prof described her "As a mere Domestic Appendage". Pro. Soyinka is well lettered and educated more than GEJ and his wife put together no doubt.

Yes we are sure that it was not Patience who wrote those words. The words have Mr. Fixit written all over them.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 13, 2013
ShyM-X:
Let me just post my last comment and phuck off the damn thread.

The moral of the story is that you should never fight for black people. They think and act like savages. Just go back in history and check every great black person who was passionate about the race and you would find out that they were all destroyed by people who look like them. The mind and psyche of the black man is wicked and evil. He hates his own and prefers servitude to others.

We can cite Patrice Lumumba, Malcolm X, Huey Newton etc.. Even Jesse Jackson was there when MLK was assassinated, yet he didn't pick his body up and he probably set him up as well.

Prof. Wole Soyinka has achieved enough. He needs to leave that country and disown the cesspit. You can't save savages!!
shut up your mouth you RACIST BASTARD!! Go back to your roots

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Pygru: 12:14pm On Jul 13, 2013
sanniemoe:

Pygru is an educated illiterate who was paid by Pej to fight for her here. We all know and can see it clearly.. Chai,see life.. Who is this Pygru sef?
grin grin grin
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by SBabaJ(m): 12:15pm On Jul 13, 2013
kingoflag: Loool I shake my head vigorously in pity....

Listen, you monkeys that dont understand the power and respect Prof.Wole Soyinka has all over the world....

All Prof.Soyinka has to do is sit down with Christian Amanpour and totally, and directly (by naming him and his wife) decimate and destroy Jonathan to the world and thats it; hes finished! What will happen next is the Western World setting a trap for him to fall into either before he leaves office or right after. GEJ is fighting a battle he will never win! Instead of the subliminal disses OBJ, Soyinka and co have been dropping on the world stage, if they get direct with GEJ-- and point fingers at him and actually accuse him of impunity in front of the foreign/Western Media--what will happen is either they'll encourage 5th Columnists to take over his Government while they look the other way, or they'll assist in ensuring that he ends up in one of their newly designed Prisons (as part of their "supporting Africa in the fight against corruption" ) once he leaves office. Whether you donkey-supporters of his know it or not, the only reason the Army hasnt taken over is because they are scared of repercussions from Western Govts.

GEJ IS A NOBODY! He is not respected by the West and if you dont realize it, hes not very well liked by them: They despise him. Hes not from the era of Nigerian Military men who had connections for eons with Western Spy services/Govts--- Hes just a "fortunate" man whom luck chose to smile upon by given him a easy avenue to perfect that which hes best at: PILFERING PUBLIC FUNDS.

GEJ will do himself a whole lotta good to check himself and curb his excesses because if he doesnt (and you can take this to the bank) and notable men like Prof.Soyinka take this beef to the world stage, hes toast.
Conspiracy Theory, But Not Entirely False.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Audukaya: 12:15pm On Jul 13, 2013
tis time it's s.south vs s.west, north is a passive watcher.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by collynzo2(m): 12:17pm On Jul 13, 2013
ShyM-X:

Plonker, you brain cells are to blinkered for you to be able to discern the underlying message in the post that you quoted.

By.tch, don't kill my vibe! undecided undecided
Answer my question you pillock! Stop dribbling around.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Wahala90: 12:17pm On Jul 13, 2013
This is no issue of age. Soyinka said something that I think has some sense and maybe some nonsense. However, I don't think the Prof has not gone far with his utterances as some think. If Baba's comments were directly for GEJ, he will keep quiet and learn from the Baba himself. But with women, you can't tell. I still think GEJ should caution her. Being in this position requires a high level of tolerance, wisdom and social tact. Remember Abdulsallam's wife?
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by W0Clinton: 12:20pm On Jul 13, 2013
size38: Are we sure its GEJ's wife that spoke all those grammar? I seriously doubt. I know she hardly make any correct sentence. But that aside, I expect GEJ and his wife to listen to the words of this distinguished prof. Instead of Abusing him. I totally agree that d wife of d president matches exactly what our respected prof described her "As a mere Domestic Appendage". Pro. Soyinka is well lettered and educated more than GEJ and his wife put together no doubt.
. And wit all the education you tink he acquired...GEJ is our president,God is the giver of power, his educational level can not make him a president. He is old n wil go soon.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Pygru: 12:20pm On Jul 13, 2013
Carlmax:

Pygru U are very intelligent
cool
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by striker9(m): 12:22pm On Jul 13, 2013
bestview:

Now you have accepted the fact that the Africa's most influential celebrity and father of modern African literature is Achebe.
While your local champion Soyenka will be remembered for introducing campus cultism and killing of millions of students along the line. It is an undeniable fact that Soyenka will not be remembered for any positive thing.
ode!

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 13, 2013
TO BE A FIRST LADY IS FOR NOT 4EVA BUT Wole soyinka will 4eva be a prof

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Saintgabs(m): 12:25pm On Jul 13, 2013
I will keep my fingers cross and my lips shot, i want to really see were this whole drama will end.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by tempilo2k(m): 12:29pm On Jul 13, 2013
Pygru:
dat one come give am the leeway to run him mouth
If your father dey run him mouth u dey reply am?!
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Sloan: 12:31pm On Jul 13, 2013
This fat, rotund, smelly sack of shaite woman should not even qualify to open are odoriferous orifice among human beings with any atom of sense! Yet, she thinks her achievement of nothing but shame in life gives her the audacity to even respond or address Professor Soyinka. This is worse than an insult for the dirtiest sandals of the Professor should not even be approached by this useless, fat animal whose only achievement in life is being married to the daftest president Nigeria has ever heard. If not for Professor Soyinka and co., the retardeen would have remained a low-life houseboy in Aso Rock isn't it? It's sad really but let it be known to this retardeeness woman that since the days of IBB, Obasanjo, Yaradua and co., after their clay horses of "power" went back to dust, the Professor's trajectory of tact, respect, popularity continues to impress and soar! It is a matter of time before retardeen and this embarrassment of a thing called Patience is deleted from our life, nation and consciousness!
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 13, 2013
Patient abi patience jona can neva speak dis good english, ma pls who wrote dis article for you... So I can direct ma anger to dat unfortunate writer who couldn't even sell or convinced a publisher to print a copy of his/her journal/manuscript anything.

Mtcheeew b kiaful wen u insult such a calibre of man...
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Policewoman(f): 12:31pm On Jul 13, 2013
Na dem sabi. Me i just dey pass.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by hugafella(m): 12:36pm On Jul 13, 2013
Wole Soyinka f**Ked up in this one. He has recently been talking too much. Let's be honest about it.

Making such open comments cannot make him look respectable. He needs to talk less and be more diplomatic in finding solutions.

He is a prof of Letters and not words.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Puvguy: 12:39pm On Jul 13, 2013
Well, Soyinka maybe right about President Jonathan's involvement in the River state saga. But no sitting president would allow himself to be ousted openly by an upstart. Governor Amaechi is ambitious, which in politics attracts friends and enemies because someone is already on every aspired positions.

I don't subscribe to violence but lets see who wins. I am neutral.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by mdfishers: 12:39pm On Jul 13, 2013
I fink our dear prof is beginning to suffer the sickness of old age rather too soon, that he had to convene a press conference to address PEJ, another man's wife rather than a national issue that calls for a rational attention, smacks of idleness and a penchant for mouth running.

As a sage he is acclaimed to be, We don't expect any less of sound and constructive assessment of issues than to join issues with a woman. His action rather than assuage, is capable of inflaming an already flagrated situation.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by DerideGull(m): 12:39pm On Jul 13, 2013
I am deeply disappointed that Wole Soyinka has turned himself into a political pestilence by making political pronouncements without weighing them on the political balance of maturity. Where was Wole Soyinka when most of the goofy governors such as Rotimi Amaechi were busy suspending and destroying the bedrock of democracy-Local Government Council?

What the hell were Amaechi and his entourage of thugs doing in the chamber of Rivers State House of Assembly? Has Amaechi assumed the functions of CP in Rivers State? It is very unbecoming Wole Soyinka to have allowed himself to be drawn into Nigerian messy politics by publicly attributing the political crisis in Rivers State to Mrs. Patience Jonathan.

Since a person of humanly repute such as Wole Soyinka has come out publicly to accuse Patience Jonathan as the genesis of the political mess in Rivers State, it is safe to conclude that Patience Jonathan instructed Rotimi Amaechi to disrupt the plenary session in the Rivers State House of Assembly, suspend the elected officials of Obio/Akpo LGA and singlehandedly changed the process of succession in NGF.

Again, Nigeria’s problem lies deeply in tribal bias, insincerity and praise singing.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nichobabe(m): 12:40pm On Jul 13, 2013
The First Lady "PEJ" should have given the husband the honour of replying and even abusing the PROF instead of replying him herself. Is this not what people have been saying that GEJ don't have a say when it comes to PEJ?

I admire the first lady for being a strong and stubborn lady. But at least let her be a Lady (African Lady for that matter) before "First Lady".

In Africa it is better for your husband to do the fight for you the wife except if the victim is a lady like you.

My Opinion.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by chinedum45(m): 12:40pm On Jul 13, 2013
Soyinka is afraid of losing relevance in Nigeria so he has to identify with threading political issues and the go with the majority. Unlike Achebe if blessed memory who remained relevant for his continuous contributions in his chosen field. Soyinka should desist from political ashewoism and focus on literature.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Sweetlemon(f): 12:41pm On Jul 13, 2013
olatomiwa: P[color=#000099][/color]ity! This forum has been infliterated by paid publicists from the Presidency. It is soooo obvious

Too obvious!
I started suspecting this from the day I saw a thread about people going to jail for insulting top politicians.

It is either the 'laptop crew' have duplicated their IDs here or they have bought over or intimidated people here to join the GEJ campaign.

It's obvious they are now competing for likes on NL! Lol!
These people ehn! Anyway, no be their fault, power sweet wallahi! And the crumbs falling from GEJ's table are enough to make their generations comfortable.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (25) (Reply)

36 State Governors Drag Buhari To Supreme Court / Emir Sanusi's Reaction On Meeting Ganduje At Eid Prayer Ground / Nnamdi Kanu Shares 50-Year-Old Newspaper About Aburi Agreement (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.