Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Why are Nigerians Siding Amaechi in A Supremacy Battle With His Boss? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why are Nigerians Siding Amaechi in A Supremacy Battle With His Boss? (1901 Views)

Amaechi In A Queue While Boarding A Flight In Abuja.. Photos / This Is Wickedness! See Amaechi In Dustbin(pix) / Picture Of Amaechi In Buba Attire, You Wont Believe He's The One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why are Nigerians Siding Amaechi in A Supremacy Battle With His Boss? by launique: 11:02am On Jul 13, 2013
I'm sick and tired - and also bored - of all these attacks on Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. I believe that all these things are engineered and carefully stage-managed somewhere in the country by people who hate to hear that Jonathan is the president and not someone they annointed or someone from their region or from their political party. These enemies of the public would do anything possible just to see that he is booted out of office.

It's not like this man is the worst president that has ever RULED - yes, that's the word, because our ''leaders" don't lead us - Nigeria, but he is not a saint either. For example we no longer hear of extrajudicial political killings that were rife some years back. Political opponents are no longer assassinated, the economy is booming though some people would want us to believe otherwise and the government is, to some extent, more accountable to the people than it used to be. Only recently, copy-copy journalists and armchair political analyst (or pundits as they style themselves) can now spew trash on the pages of Newspapers and insult their Head of State on the internet without the fear of being assassinated at any time. Worst of all, supposed elder statesmen now come out in the open and boldly say, throwing courtesy to the gutters, that the president should be held responsible if a certain prodigal governor in the south south is killed.

This is the same governor who has been in a much publicized battle of supremacy and popularity with his commander-in-chief over things that would only serve the interest of his pockets - and that of his children and relations - and not the masses that he is now running to for sympathy when the heat has obviously become too much for him. He has also inadvertently placed the security and life of these so-called sympathizers who give little thought to their actions in grave danger should they draw out their swords, scribble instinctive messages on placards and proceed to the street to engage each other in Egyptian-style combat. Tomorrow now the headline in one of the national dailies would read: "Two lose their lives in Port Harcourt in a pro-Amaechi protest as security forcea open fire". When will Nigerians wake up and stop being gullible and believing every lie they told? When are Nigerians going to stop being manipulated by the polarized media and some mischievous political actors who are only out for their own interests and don't give a hoot for the country?
Re: Why are Nigerians Siding Amaechi in A Supremacy Battle With His Boss? by launique: 1:25pm On Jul 13, 2013
angry sad

1 Like

Re: Why are Nigerians Siding Amaechi in A Supremacy Battle With His Boss? by abohrandy: 1:55pm On Jul 13, 2013
dis is not a matter of siding. its about supporting the right thing. do u even know how dis whole thing originated?
Re: Why are Nigerians Siding Amaechi in A Supremacy Battle With His Boss? by akpomeme(m): 2:05pm On Jul 13, 2013
Totally absurd
Re: Why are Nigerians Siding Amaechi in A Supremacy Battle With His Boss? by seunfly: 2:23pm On Jul 13, 2013
Because dt was d same way well meaning Nigerians sided oga jona when he was in d same situation few years ago. It is case of doing the right thing against executive impunity, a case of abuse of power and office, a case of demeaning democrasy, a case of a slave becoming a bad master after regaing his freedom freely and jona is just doing like saul in d bible and i pray he will not end as one.
Any body that sided with jona in ds case is just bias, a regular praise singer like andoaka and co during turai yaradua saga and bootlicker who will disapear if jona is no more who he his today.
A word 4 people who is siding with impunity, abuse of office, illegality, intimidation etc because of one thing or d other should knw dt it may be ur turn to suffer tomorow.

11 Likes

Re: Why are Nigerians Siding Amaechi in A Supremacy Battle With His Boss? by billante(m): 2:34pm On Jul 13, 2013
To me both sides are guilty and should stop all this nonsense!
Re: Why are Nigerians Siding Amaechi in A Supremacy Battle With His Boss? by ochukoccna: 2:37pm On Jul 13, 2013
seunfly: Because dt was d same way well meaning Nigerians sided oga jona when he was in d same situation few years ago. It is case of doing the right thing against executive impunity, a case of abuse of power and office, a case of demeaning democrasy, a case of a slave becoming a bad master after regaing his freedom freely and jona is just doing like saul in d bible and i pray he will not end as one.
Any body that sided with jona in ds case is just bias, a regular praise singer like andoaka and co during turai yaradua saga and bootlicker who will disapear if jona is no more who he his today.
A word 4 people who is siding with impunity, abuse of office, illegality, intimidation etc because of one thing or d other should knw dt it may be ur turn to suffer tomorow.
Thank you for been factual
Kudos

4 Likes

Re: Why are Nigerians Siding Amaechi in A Supremacy Battle With His Boss? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jul 13, 2013
Dont mistake APC e-warrior for Nigerians. They dont, in anyway, represent Nigerians. APC e-rats are pursueing a vicious agenda of turning Nigeria to Tinubu's empire. That is the purpose of all the noise they make on this forum. But FAILURE is staring them in the face

1 Like

Re: Why are Nigerians Siding Amaechi in A Supremacy Battle With His Boss? by akpomeme(m): 2:51pm On Jul 13, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Dont mistake APC e-warrior for Nigerians. They dont, in anyway, represent Nigerians. APC e-rats are pursueing a vicious agenda of turning Nigeria to Tinubu's empire. That is the purpose of all the noise they make on this forum. But FAILURE is staring them in the face
At all. Even nairaland moderators has turned seun's creation into anti-Jonathan blog. Sold out cheaply. There is nothing good about Jonah ever made a front page. I will keep calling these guys out because nairaland is supposed to be for all Nigerians no matter our views and affiliations.
Re: Why are Nigerians Siding Amaechi in A Supremacy Battle With His Boss? by mgbeketoto: 3:01pm On Jul 13, 2013
I ain't siding NADA! kiss
Like ANYTHING NIGERIAN. . . May the BIGGEST THIEF WIN! kiss
Not my GADDEM biZZZZ. kiss
CHEAP ENTERTAINMENT. . . . !

Good Morning H-AMELIKA!!!

. . . .So sick of this 'ZIMMERMAN' case!
Can't wait to go back to work next week. . . before I eat myself to DEATH! angry
Re: Why are Nigerians Siding Amaechi in A Supremacy Battle With His Boss? by Garrithe1st: 3:07pm On Jul 13, 2013
akpomeme:
At all. Even nairaland moderators has turned seun's creation into anti-Jonathan blog. Sold out cheaply. There is nothing good about Jonah ever made a front page. I will keep calling these guys out because nairaland is supposed to be for all Nigerians no matter our views and affiliations.

You're a shameless liar. Just like the retardeen...

cheesy cheesy cheesy.

3 Likes

Re: Why are Nigerians Siding Amaechi in A Supremacy Battle With His Boss? by launique: 3:10pm On Jul 13, 2013
billante: To me both sides are guilty and should stop all this nonsense!
My thoughts exactly. I wonder why Nigerians are making it look as if Jonathan is the only one guilty here. Both sides have erred one way or the other
Re: Why are Nigerians Siding Amaechi in A Supremacy Battle With His Boss? by akpomeme(m): 3:29pm On Jul 13, 2013
Garri the 1st:

You're a shameless liar. Just like the retardeen...

cheesy cheesy cheesy.
Garri the 1st lol... You don come again. You no first like Jonathan so why are you defending the moderators. Are you one?
Re: Why are Nigerians Siding Amaechi in A Supremacy Battle With His Boss? by Garrithe1st: 3:35pm On Jul 13, 2013
akpomeme:
Garri the 1st lol... You don come again. You no first like Jonathan so why are you defending the moderators. Are you one?

LIAR!!!

You're busted...

cheesy cheesy
Re: Why are Nigerians Siding Amaechi in A Supremacy Battle With His Boss? by launique: 3:36pm On Jul 13, 2013
akpomeme:
I kinda concur to what you are saying. I've noticed it too. It's only anti-Jonathan threads that are making the front page. It's either Mr. A accuses Jonathan of this or Mr. B criticizes Patience Jonathan etc
Re: Why are Nigerians Siding Amaechi in A Supremacy Battle With His Boss? by AkinDavid2: 4:00pm On Jul 13, 2013
la_unique: I kinda concur to what you are saying. I've noticed it too. It's only anti-Jonathan threads that are making the front page. It's either Mr. A accuses Jonathan of this or Mr. B criticizes Patience Jonathan etc

la_unique I really don't know where you stand either, is the thread below not one of your views about the president.

https://www.nairaland.com/1247763/open-letter-nigerians-why-jonathan
Re: Why are Nigerians Siding Amaechi in A Supremacy Battle With His Boss? by launique: 5:07pm On Jul 13, 2013
Akin-David:

la_unique I really don't know where you stand either, is the thread below not one of your views about the president.

https://www.nairaland.com/1247763/open-letter-nigerians-why-jonathan
I stand for the truth, equality and fairness. I can support you today and if you mess up tomorrow I will become one of your critics wink
Re: Why are Nigerians Siding Amaechi in A Supremacy Battle With His Boss? by Danhumprey: 5:32pm On Jul 13, 2013
GEJ may not be really involve,but that arrogant wife of his is clearly involved,and as she is involved,she is indirectly dragging the President into the fracas. It's a shame dat Mr.President can't call his wife to order.

1 Like

Re: Why are Nigerians Siding Amaechi in A Supremacy Battle With His Boss? by Delafruita(m): 5:40pm On Jul 13, 2013
la_unique: I kinda concur to what you are saying. I've noticed it too. It's only anti-Jonathan threads that are making the front page. It's either Mr. A accuses Jonathan of this or Mr. B criticizes Patience Jonathan etc
perhaps because jonathan and his wife have a penchant for doing more of negative than positive.the question you should ask yourself is if the things said about jonathan are true or false.if you can honestly answer that question,then you have the answer to your question
Re: Why are Nigerians Siding Amaechi in A Supremacy Battle With His Boss? by launique: 5:58pm On Jul 13, 2013
Danhumprey: GEJ may not be really involve,but that arrogant wife of his is clearly involved,and as she is involved,she is indirectly dragging the President into the fracas. It's a shame dat Mr.President can't call his wife to order.
I am not denying the fact that either or even both of them are involved. My problem is that Nigerians have been treating this issue as if Jonathan should shoulder the whole blame. And Amaechi cannot, if he is a true politician, engage the president in a supremacy and popularity battle in public. The Igbos say that the Sparrow that dances to the tune of the Surugede music does not know that it is a dance of the spirits/death.
Re: Why are Nigerians Siding Amaechi in A Supremacy Battle With His Boss? by launique: 6:01pm On Jul 13, 2013
Delafruita: perhaps because jonathan and his wife have a penchant for doing more of negative than positive.the question you should ask yourself is if the things said about jonathan are true or false.if you can honestly answer that question,then you have the answer to your question
Some of them are true, but they are blown out of proportioned by the opposition-leaning-and-dominated press. It's not like he's done worse things than some of his predecessors in Aso Rock, but each mistake he makes is usually blown out of proportion.
Re: Why are Nigerians Siding Amaechi in A Supremacy Battle With His Boss? by scribble: 6:02pm On Jul 13, 2013
Nigerians are siding Amaechi cos every1 likes to root for the underdog

also nobody can see why Jonathan is mad that Amaechi has political ambitions...every man is entitled to having vision

finally Jonathan impact isnt being felt by majority of Nigerians and they want the PDP house of cards to finally fall so the likes of APC can bring change hopefully

1 Like

Re: Why are Nigerians Siding Amaechi in A Supremacy Battle With His Boss? by launique: 6:22pm On Jul 13, 2013
scribble: Nigerians are siding Amaechi cos every1 likes to root for the underdog

also nobody can see why Jonathan is mad that Amaechi has political ambitions...every man is entitled to having vision

finally Jonathan impact isnt being felt by majority of Nigerians and they want the PDP house of cards to finally fall so the likes of APC can bring change hopefully
I agree with you on the first point you raised that people root for underdogs, but the subsequent ones are rather spurious and hasty generalizations. First, how sure are you that Amaechi vying for the Vice Presidential position is the cause of all these. I believe that there is something else behind all these that they don't want to let us know. Secondly, I do believe that most Nigerians don't see the APC as the solution to the country's woes. Who make up the APC? Is it not the same bunch of politicians that decamped from the PDP, because they were denied their own share of the "National Cake"?
Re: Why are Nigerians Siding Amaechi in A Supremacy Battle With His Boss? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 13, 2013
Point of correction, GEJ is Rotimi Amaechi's boss. They are both elected.
Re: Why are Nigerians Siding Amaechi in A Supremacy Battle With His Boss? by launique: 8:08pm On Jul 13, 2013
Ola Johnson: Point of correction, GEJ is Rotimi Amaechi's boss. They are both elected.
Rivers state is under Nigeria so GEJ is Amaechi's boss
Re: Why are Nigerians Siding Amaechi in A Supremacy Battle With His Boss? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 13, 2013
la_unique: Rivers state is under Nigeria so GEJ is Amaechi's boss
Would you then say GEJ is under Boni Yayi of Benin Republic as current chairman of AU because Nigeria is under Africa? Put on your thinking cap, man.

2 Likes

Re: Why are Nigerians Siding Amaechi in A Supremacy Battle With His Boss? by iorfy: 8:24pm On Jul 13, 2013
la_unique: I'm sick and tired - and also bored - of all these attacks on Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. I believe that all these things are engineered and carefully stage-managed somewhere in the country by people who hate to hear that Jonathan is the president and not someone they annointed or someone from their region or from their political party. These enemies of the public would do anything possible just to see that he is booted out of office.

It's not like this man is the worst president that has ever RULED - yes, that's the word, because our ''leaders" don't lead us - Nigeria, but he is not a saint either. For example we no longer hear of extrajudicial political killings that were rife some years back. Political opponents are no longer assassinated, the economy is booming though some people would want us to believe otherwise and the government is, to some extent, more accountable to the people than it used to be. Only recently, copy-copy journalists and armchair political analyst (or pundits as they style themselves) can now spew trash on the pages of Newspapers and insult their Head of State on the internet without the fear of being assassinated at any time. Worst of all, supposed elder statesmen now come out in the open and boldly say, throwing courtesy to the gutters, that the president should be held responsible if a certain prodigal governor in the south south is killed.

This is the same governor who has been in a much publicized battle of supremacy and popularity with his commander-in-chief over things that would only serve the interest of his pockets - and that of his children and relations - and not the masses that he is now running to for sympathy when the heat has obviously become too much for him. He has also inadvertently placed the security and life of these so-called sympathizers who give little thought to their actions in grave danger should they draw out their swords, scribble instinctive messages on placards and proceed to the street to engage each other in Egyptian-style combat. Tomorrow now the headline in one of the national dailies would read: "Two lose their lives in Port Harcourt in a pro-Amaechi protest as security forcea open fire". When will Nigerians wake up and stop being gullible and believing every lie they told? When are Nigerians going to stop being manipulated by the polarized media and some mischievous political actors who are only out for their own interests and don't give a hoot for the country?
quite bigotry,I mean even if GEJ is a saint as u have claimed in this piece,your failure to point to the fact that its unnecesary for him to sit and be engeneering crisis in the home state of his wife is condemnable,if all well meaning nigerians come out to cut the excesses of their leaders by critisizin tyrany/oppresive acts,it'll be comendable,don't forget that not so soon GEJ was also a victim of dis oppresion from the Northern Leaders and all nigerians came out to support him,what's good for the goose is good for the Gander
Re: Why are Nigerians Siding Amaechi in A Supremacy Battle With His Boss? by launique: 9:18pm On Jul 13, 2013
Ola Johnson:
Would you then say GEJ is under Boni Yayi of Benin Republic as current chairman of AU because Nigeria is under Africa? Put on your thinking cap, man.
Your comparison is not related at all. Boni Yayi and Jonathan are presidents of sovereign country that don't report to any other authority. They are equal, but in Amaechi's case he is answerable to GEJ because Rivers is a division of Nigeria. A governor and a president can never be equal
Re: Why are Nigerians Siding Amaechi in A Supremacy Battle With His Boss? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jul 13, 2013
la_unique: Your comparison is not related at all. Boni Yayi and Jonathan are presidents of sovereign country that don't report to any other authority. They are equal, but in Amaechi's case he is answerable to GEJ because Rivers is a division of Nigeria. A governor and a president can never be equal
A governor and the President are not equal, right. They are elected separately and are answerable to them. I repeat Amaechi can not take orders from GEJ. Their functions are clearly spelt out in the constitution, where the draw their power, a perfect characteristics of federalism which Nigeria is practising. The constitution spells out federal functions in exclusive list; state functions in residual list; and areas where both have jurisdiction in concurrent list.
Re: Why are Nigerians Siding Amaechi in A Supremacy Battle With His Boss? by wirinet(m): 9:54pm On Jul 13, 2013
I wonder why people are spewing ignorance here, it is becoming embarassing. How is Jonathan amaechi's boss. Was he responsible for Amaechi becoming the governor of rivers state? Did the constitution make jonathan the boss of all the governors in Nigeria? Ijaw people and their Biafran supporters are arrogating powers to Jonathan the constitution did not give him.So simply because Jonathan controls the police and the armed forces he has suddenly become thr emperor of Nigeria.

Even as power drunk as OBJ was, he or his kinsmen did not make him the overlord of Nigeria governors. He had to beg his vice ( who incidently was his subordinate) and the governors before he was given second term nomination. So many governors fell out with OBJ, ie the governors of plateau, ekiti, oyo, lagos, Imo, Bayelsa and even his home governor - Gbenga Daniel, and we did not hear the boss-servant argument.

1 Like

Re: Why are Nigerians Siding Amaechi in A Supremacy Battle With His Boss? by Abagworo(m): 10:16pm On Jul 13, 2013
Nigerians sided him when he declared State of emergency in some States and even condemned ACN for their criticism of the SOE. It is here on Nairaland. At that stage, Jonathan's popularity skyrocketed only to be dwarfed by unnecessary show of shame by his wife.

1 Like

Re: Why are Nigerians Siding Amaechi in A Supremacy Battle With His Boss? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jul 13, 2013
Abagworo: Nigerians sided him when he declared State of emergency in some States and even condemned ACN for their criticism of the SOE. It is here on Nairaland. At that stage, Jonathan's popularity skyrocketed only to be dwarfed by unnecessary show of shame by his wife.

gej constantly dragging defeat from the jaws of victory

(1) (2) (Reply)

True Picture of the Light Situation in Anambra State.!! / I Love You Stella Oduah! / INTERNATIONAL ISIS Terrorist Who Murdered James Foley Unmasked As Special Force

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.