Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,632 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. - Travel (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. (517079 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (Go Down)

Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by 4teelaw(f): 9:43pm On Dec 03, 2013
oluemmakay: pls i received this mail in my e-mail box. i wish to know if true and reliable is the information..

[b]Dear Colleagues,

You are cordially invited to participate in the forth - coming World Conference on Human Rights (W. C. H. R) against Child Protection & HIV/AIDS Treatment, Prostitution, Sex Work and forced Labor.

The aims of the conference are to bring together researchers and practitioners in an effort to lay the ground work for future collaborative research, advocacy, and program development as well as to educate social service, health care, and criminal justice professionals on human trafficking and the needs and risks of those victimized by the commercial sex industry.

The World Conference on Human Rights (W. C. H. R) against Child Protection & HIV/AIDS Treatment, Prostitution, Sex Work and forced Labor is scheduled to take place from Feb 16th – 18th 2014 in California the United States and from Feb 20th – 25th 2014 in Dakar-Senegal, the William J. Clinton Foundation and other benevolent donors worldwide.

Note that all interested delegates that requires entry visa to enter the United States to attend this meeting will be assisted by the organization, in obtaining visa in their passport. Free air round trip tickets to attend this meeting will be provided to all participants. The Workshop welcomes paper presentation from any interested participants willing to present papers during the meeting.

For registration information you are to contact the conference Registrar

Please share the information with your colleagues.

Sincerely,
Alisa Alfred

(M.D) Activities Coordinator[/b]

SCAM!!!!

6 Likes

Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by calchikwe8685: 8:03am On Dec 04, 2013
Dear sir,
Good day , I am a nigerian American born and raised in US. Both of my parents were born and raised in Nigeria I recently visited Nigeria to visit my boyfriend . During this recent trip he became my fiance! We met through his brother who is my friends husband early this year 2013.

Long story short my family and his family are excited about our engagement. We are both igbo's from abia state and we want to do traditional rights but. Everything is on hold because we filed for the 129f. We don't want to do anything that will cause us to stay separated by causing our petition to be denied.

So we wait. We want to marry in US because naturally most of my family and friends that would attend are here in US. As well as 3 out of 5 of his siblings are here in US

My question is: Is there anything I we can do to ensure a smooth K1 process.. Our packet was mailed 2days ago. I've read so many horror stories online. Truth is all i know is we love each other we want to be together and I would hate for us to be denied or all our wedding plans to go to waste because of a denial.

Thank You in advance
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by Fin1: 8:52am On Dec 04, 2013
Goodday VO
My mum got her immigration visa with 2 of my siblings this week and am going for my student visa interview next week,What document should I present to convience them that am returning back after my studies since she's the 1 sponsoring me.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by AnthonyLofty(m): 9:07am On Dec 04, 2013
@ V.O Please what is d current exchange rate at the embassy for those doing DV lottery Interview. Thanks
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by Daudsmart: 10:03am On Dec 04, 2013
Good day,good job your doing here. please I have a question. I'm a dv2014 winner waiting 4 2nl. Pls I used initials for my second name and first name in the original entry last year,only the surname in full. in the forms I submitted to kcc I included the full names. Pls hope this is not going to affect on interview day. Pls awaiting ur thanks.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by Darhmee(f): 11:44am On Dec 04, 2013
Hello VO

Pls I have an issue.. We went for interview yesterday and our vsa was approved and during the interiview, the lady said she was gonna return our original waec cert but we ended up not leaving with it. I guess she forgot to give us and we diddnt know we were to collect it from her. Ho do we get it back? Will it come with our passport/visa? Your urgent reply pls
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by Nobody: 12:05pm On Dec 04, 2013
Darhmee: Hello VO

Pls I have an issue.. We went for interview yesterday and our vsa was approved and during the interiview, the lady said she was gonna return our original waec cert but we ended up not leaving with it. I guess she forgot to give us and we diddnt know we were to collect it from her. Ho do we get it back? Will it come with our passport/visa? Your urgent reply pls

Don't sweat! You'll receive it along with your Passport.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by Darhmee(f): 12:48pm On Dec 04, 2013
Amefrica:

Don't sweat! You'll receive it along with your Passport.
Thanks Amefrica.. Hope u are sure about this? Have u had similar experience? Because some people were given back their originals right on the spot.
Thanks
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by Nobody: 2:39pm On Dec 04, 2013
Darhmee:
Thanks Amefrica.. Hope u are sure about this? Have u had similar experience? Because some people were given back their originals right on the spot.
Thanks

I'm 101% sure.. The VO has nothing to do with it..
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by metakure2013: 4:46pm On Dec 04, 2013
Good day VO,my company is sponsoring my masters program(MBA) to the US because my dad is an investor, so i could come back and manage his business properly, they believe so much in me, i have been promoted 2wice in 2yrs, my company have sent over 1500 students to the US for studies. i have been to England before, but i was denied twice and all my students appearing for visas have been getting it, don't know what is wrong. this is like blocking my future career and uttering my parents and company's plans. the i-20 i went with read my dad has my sponsor instead of my company. but now i have the i-20 that reads my company. should i reapply sir. dont know what to do because all interview went well, only to get a sorry at the end.

thankyou
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by justwise(m): 3:47pm On Dec 05, 2013
@cap4soul

If you want your post to be visible here then post without adding your contact detail
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by cap4soul: 4:00pm On Dec 05, 2013
Good Day Sir,
My name is Biodun. I need you to put me through few process of the visa requirment and processing that will be needed for my own case of trvaling. I have a job in Nigeria and i am looking forward to next year to travel to america when i have a break(3weeks leave). I have my aunty there and she is in america for 8 to 9 years now and i am planning to visit her. My branch manager has agreed to get me a letter from the company for my performance quarterly and he is willing to sponsor my trip to anywhere of my choice and i have choosen to visit my aunty which she is aware of it.....I dont know how to go about it cos its just a new development and i am planning toward it.

I am the only son of my parent and my both parent already have a multiple visa to america which it was my sister that put in the application for them. I havent seen my sister for a long time in 8years and i havent seen the kids before. I want to use this opportunity to go visit her and see the kids but dont know how to go about it. Shw agreed to send invitation letter to me and also start the processing there but i need to you help me with the things i will need to get prepare with here. I also have a company which will be starting soon and I am the owner of it. Can this also be added to the documentation as the tier.

My sister is involve, my branch manager is also involve and i am also involved. My sisiter is involved in the sense that, she will provide the invitation letter, copy of passport and also financial status and she bought a house which she stays in the state.She did all necessary document for my parent when they wanted to go visit her. pls do i need to do hotel reservation to get this visa cos i have read so many stories whereby people who tells the V.O that they have someone in the state and they were refused the visa. And again what other document does she needs to make me scale through the interview.

My branch manager is involve in the sense that, he wants to issue out the sponsorship letter with the companies letter head to state my performance and the reason why he wants to sponsor my trip. He is willing to grant me his bank statement as the sponsor and with any other necessary document i will be needing here.

I am involved by providing my work place, pay slip and also avidence of tier. I have my own business here which i have registered since 2010 and i have the TIN CERTIFICATE and other document which i can show to prove my committment that i am coming back to Nigeria.

Please Sir, what do u think about all my stories and what do u think i can add or remove from the things i have said so far....I will really appreciate your response as soon as possible. Thanks and God bless
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by ozzy2: 4:11pm On Dec 05, 2013
Hello Sir, thanks for you good work here. I got a 2years us visa(B1/B2) in july 2013 to attend an academic conferece in hawaii. But unfortunately it was И̲̮̣̥̅̊o longer possible as a result of dis ASUU strike. Another one will be coming up in feb which i intend to attend by God's grace. I will be on my maternity leave then and i intend to staay back and have my baby since i and my husband can meet the financial expenses.

My problem now is that @ d time i went for the interview i was И̲̮̣̥̅̊ot pregnant.
D̶̲̥̅̊ö i nid to inform the embassy of my new plans after my conference so i đθƞt have any problem @ POE?
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by Ijenze: 11:36pm On Dec 05, 2013
VisaOfficer:

Adoption cases are very complicated. In order for a child to receive an immigrant visa as an adopted child (IR3), the adoption must be full and final under Nigerian law, and the child must meet the definition of an "orphan" under U.S. immigration law. Unfortunately, we see many cases in which the adoption is not legal under Nigerian law. If steps can be taken to make a legal adoption, we advise the petitioner as to what to do. If, however, the child is simply not eligible for the visa, we return the case to USCIS with a memo outlining the findings.

There are also cases in which a petitioner wants to bring an adopted child over on an IR2 visa. The requirements are slightly different for IR2s but, again, the adoption must be full and final under Nigerian law, and the child must meet the definition of an "orphan" under U.S. immigration law.

The best course of action is to send an e-mail to LagosIV@state.gov asking what your next steps are. If you came to see us in person last week, though, the officer should have explained things to you in person.

Thank you so much sir,you are very kind.The problem with this is that this is a child that me and my spouse travelled to Nigeria from the states to do the adoption in the court and in the presence of the magistrate who approved this adoption .My daughter has been under our foster care since 2006 when she was born.We finalized her adoption in 2012 then filed for her immigrant visa in 2013.We were not asked to submit any further documents we would have done so because we have nothing to hide.The consular officer only told me that the orphanage we adopted our child from has had a lot of issues recently and that was the reason why he was denying the visa.When we fostered my daughter 7 years ago this orphanage was in good standing with the state.My daughter is completely devasteted and my children and my whole falimy here in the State are also.My child is currently being cared by people that are not related to me because my sister who has been keeping her has travelled out of the country.I just don't know what to do and how to fix this ,I will be travelling home just to see her and will do everything I can to make this work.Thank you so much sir for your input.
Ijenze.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by yuthikalayan: 6:36am On Dec 06, 2013
Dear Sir,
In August 2013, I applied for visa in order to transfer to Southeast Missouri State University, USA to complete my higher studies. My request was rejected, without even going through my documents to my disappointment. I was told that the visa request was rejected since there apparently was an error in my application. After speaking to my parents, we remembered that back in 2006, I forwarded an application to a university in USA requesting to attend a workshop. Unfortunately, the programme had already started by the time I applied and as a result, my request for visa was rejected. I did not remember this particular incident because it was not me who filled the application back then since I was a young child and did not think that it would make an impact on the application I submitted almost 7 years later.

Once again, I applied for visa about a week after my request was rejected (in August 2013) and it was rejected once more. I was told by the officer that there was absolutely nothing wrong with my documents and also that I had excellent academic qualifications which included 2 years of higher studies at American College of Higher Education, Dehiwala. The officer also mentioned that I was not granted visa under the law, 214B.

I was hoping to transfer in August, this year in order to complete the final two years of my degree in Cyber Security. As you may know, it cannot be completed here in Sri Lanka. Also, since I have completed the first half of my degree in American College, it is of no point transferring to a university in any other country as well. Even if I do, I would have to start over from the beginning which is not the most sensible thing to do.

I would like to know if there is any way that I can correct this initial mistake made by me when filling the application and re-apply for visa . Also, provided I can apply for visa, is there a chance for me to get visa
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by winbyforce: 1:55pm On Dec 06, 2013
VisaOfficer: Greetings! I am a U.S. Foreign Service Officer working in a Consular section in western Africa. I primarily handle Immigrant Visas and Diversity Visas. I've noticed a significant amount of discussion about visas on this website (yes, we read the websites smiley) and wanted to give people the opportunity to ask questions. I will check this site daily and make every effort to respond for the next two weeks, through Friday, July 26. [Edit: Let's make that August 8.] [Another edit: Okay, September 30!] [Well... until someone tells me to stop.]

Please note that I cannot answer questions about specific cases, nor may I reveal my identity or any personal information. Any responses in this forum are not to be taken as legally binding, as they will be based only on what you tell me in your questions, not on the information in any actual case. While I will attempt to explain U.S. immigration policies, any opinions expressed are my own views and do not necessarily reflect the views of the United States Government.

I may not be able to respond to every post in this thread, and I will not answer abusive or insulting posts. Let's see how the conversation develops...
The Oga at the top has told her to stop cry cry cry what a pity. She was really helpful sad
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by Outstandingsand(m): 2:11pm On Dec 06, 2013
Good day officer, please i really will like to know if NPC birth certificate is compulsory because i have a birth certificate that was issured to my parents in oyo state 23yrs ago and that has been what i have been using. Please should i get an NPC BIRTH CERTIFICATE Or go to the interview with the birth cert i have? Thank u as i await your responds..
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by miz4oxley(m): 12:30pm On Dec 09, 2013
Hello VO,

Its a real great job you're doing on here, bless you and always. Sometimes ago I mailed regarding a friend who won the DV Lottery and has little issue about the D.O.B which was registered being different from his Original D.O.B that's on all his documents.

In your reply, you advice he should apply. Now, he ready to send his details, but on the DS form he's asked his D.O.B, I'll like you to advice which of the dates should he registered on the form, is it the Original D.O.B on all his documents or the wrong one used in registering for the DV-Lottery. Also, do you support him sending a letter clarifying the D.O.B issue with his form to KCC.

Your advice and concern has been changing lives... Bless.
I hope to read your reply.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by oladayo042: 2:16pm On Dec 09, 2013
@Justwise

Can you please confirm from the VO if she has been barred from responding on this thread (as she said in her OP)?

If yes, please close this thread and save people the effort of asking questions to which answers will never come.

4 Likes

Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by justwise(m): 5:50pm On Dec 09, 2013
oladayo042: @Justwise

Can you please confirm from the VO if she has been barred from responding on this thread (as she said in her OP)?

If yes, please close this thread and save people the effort of asking questions to which answers will never come.

Unfortunately she is not replying her emails any more, sent couple of emails but yet to get a reply.

Because of the title of this thread, allowing other people to reply to questions here will send a wrong impression and its misleading.

I will lock this thread today and if the VO comes back it will be unlocked.

Thank you.

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.