Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,269 members, 7,826,031 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. - Travel (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. (517562 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (Go Down)

Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by okeymen: 8:20am On Nov 21, 2013
minudus:

Hmmmm...
Justwise the moderator is here again... 9Ja for you...
We can't all come to you thread.... Most times questions are not NOT fully explained over there now that some of our problems are been solve over here, you deem it fit to overthrow...

God Dey shall!!!

Guys! Dont freak out. Justwise said "locked out" which implies a technical hitch not Banned. besides he has only brought it to our notice to explain the silence and should rather be commended for it.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by kemikemmy: 11:51am On Nov 21, 2013
justwise

please help to beg moderator to please lift the ban because the guy is doing a great job and his forum is still part of Nairaland no matther what.

minudus:

Hmmmm...
Justwise the moderator is here again... 9Ja for you...
We can't all come to you thread.... Most times questions are not NOT fully explained over there now that some of our problems are been solve over here, you deem it fit to overthrow...

God Dey shall!!!

Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by princeonx: 1:40pm On Nov 21, 2013
kemikemmy: justwise

please help to beg moderator to please lift the ban because the guy is doing a great job and his forum is still part of Nairaland no matther what.

It's your type that go around with fake informations in the name of news or talking! what, why, when, how, or who said anything about banning?

1 Like

Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by gogedda: 3:27pm On Nov 21, 2013
Ok..Good day, this is my story, I have a lil bro (step bro) in the US, he got married 2months ago to a lady he met online while he was still in UK( the lady filed for him through the fiancee visa and they got married in US) and has just gotten his green card. Pls I want to know if he can file for me through the family preference immigrant visa but I read he has to be a US citizen first since he is currently a legalised permanent resident(LPR)?. Secondly how long will it take for his LPR to be converted to US citizen?. Lastly can both him and his wife submit financial documents to support the immigration process?.. Thanks and God bless
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by kemikemmy: 8:16pm On Nov 21, 2013
Prince_onx

Firstly 'locking out' has different meaning'

Secondly I am not one of those that spread fake information i was only quoting what somebody said earlier.
I think the first message about 'locking out' was not clear and people were reading different
meanings to it. I even tried to remove my post but i could't after i read okeymen post concerning the matter and the guy
was not rude he only explained what happened.

Thirdly You don't have to be rude i was not even refering to you and I am sure you are not the moderator and
you were not the one that posted the 'locking out message'.

What i noticed on this site some people are very rude and they like to have a say in everything even if it
doesn't concern them.

Please i am new in the forum i dont want to argue with anyone especially someone i was not even having
conversation with, who just want to be notice, there are so many ways to be popular. Being rude is not
one of them.

prince_onx:

It's your type that go around with fake informations in the name of news or talking! what, why, when, how, or who said anything about banning?
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by princeonx: 8:42pm On Nov 21, 2013
kemikemmy: Prince_onx

Firstly 'locking out' has different meaning'

Secondly I am not one of those that spread fake information i was only quoting what somebody said earlier.
I think the first message about 'locking out' was not clear and people were reading different
meanings to it. I even tried to remove my post but i could't after i read okeymen post concerning the matter and the guy
was not rude he only explained what happened.

Thirdly You don't have to be rude i was not even refering to you and I am sure you are not the moderator and
you were not the one that posted the 'locking out message'.

What i noticed on this site some people are very rude and they like to have a say in everything even if it
doesn't concern them.

Please i am new in the forum i dont want to argue with anyone especially someone i was not even having
conversation with, who just want to be notice, there are so many ways to be popular. Being rude is not
one of them.

Well as you may have seen, I've been around for 8yrs and don't need you to recognize or notice me! I also noticed u're real fast in learning NL bad mounting! Keep it up.
Having said that, make sure you read a post next time before commenting or quoting ppl. People use the information they get here for a life changing experience and folks that don't read and comment like you will mislead them.
All the same, sorry if you were offended.

3 Likes

Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by justwise(m): 8:24am On Nov 22, 2013
okeymen:

Guys! Dont freak out. Justwise said "locked out" which implies a technical hitch not Banned. besides he has only brought it to our notice to explain the silence and should rather be commended for it.

prince_onx:

Well said, got nothing more to add.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by favoredgal: 11:26am On Nov 22, 2013
@justwise...pay no mind to the ignorant comments.

Some people are just funny sha...i'm sure they have been wondering where the visa officer went ..yet, they attack the person just being considerate enough to explain whats up

Maybe they think you guys are paid to be moderators or you are paid to answer then endless questions on the other thread.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by kemikemmy: 3:57pm On Nov 22, 2013
I've said it i don't want to argue I am not going to say anything concerning the matter again.
Eventhough i don't like some of the rubbish you sent in your post to me.

prince_onx:
Well as you may have seen, I've been around for 8yrs and don't need you to recognize or notice me! I also noticed u're real fast in learning NL bad mounting! Keep it up.
Having said that, make sure you read a post next time before commenting or quoting ppl. People use the information they get here for a life changing experience and folks that don't read and comment like you will mislead them.
All the same, sorry if you were offended.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by mjan: 4:29pm On Nov 22, 2013
hi vo, a friend of mine introduced me to this site and i find it very interesting especially since i saw this thread, my story Goes like this i am married to an american citizen who is in the US Army, we got married in 2011 and few months after our wedding which took place here in Nigeria he was deployed to Afghanistan for one year military tour and we decided not to go ahead with filing for my immigration visa till he returns from his trip and he returned last year august from Afghanistan and has traveled back twice to visit me here in Nigeria and he filed for my i-30 in July and we got a receipt notice in August and filed the i-129f immediately and also go the receipt notice in September, now my question is as a military spouse how long do u think it will take before i get an approval for my i-129f ( i mean both processing time n getting my visa) or is it going to go through the normal process cos the USCIS website says 5months, please i will really like to know. thanks.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by 2ic(m): 6:41pm On Nov 22, 2013
VisaOfficer

I have a problem which is giving me sleepless night, I am a LPR. I petition for my spouse and the NVC sent me a message that my case is waiting interview at Consulate in Lagos. How does it take for one to be schedule for an interview?

Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by nicejanto: 2:06pm On Nov 23, 2013
Hello Please I need questions I might be asked on couple interview at US embassy in Lagos for visiting
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by oluemmakay(m): 2:55pm On Nov 23, 2013
pls i received this mail in my e-mail box. i wish to know if true and reliable is the information..

[b]Dear Colleagues,

You are cordially invited to participate in the forth - coming World Conference on Human Rights (W. C. H. R) against Child Protection & HIV/AIDS Treatment, Prostitution, Sex Work and forced Labor.

The aims of the conference are to bring together researchers and practitioners in an effort to lay the ground work for future collaborative research, advocacy, and program development as well as to educate social service, health care, and criminal justice professionals on human trafficking and the needs and risks of those victimized by the commercial sex industry.

The World Conference on Human Rights (W. C. H. R) against Child Protection & HIV/AIDS Treatment, Prostitution, Sex Work and forced Labor is scheduled to take place from Feb 16th – 18th 2014 in California the United States and from Feb 20th – 25th 2014 in Dakar-Senegal, the William J. Clinton Foundation and other benevolent donors worldwide.

Note that all interested delegates that requires entry visa to enter the United States to attend this meeting will be assisted by the organization, in obtaining visa in their passport. Free air round trip tickets to attend this meeting will be provided to all participants. The Workshop welcomes paper presentation from any interested participants willing to present papers during the meeting.

For registration information you are to contact the conference Registrar

Please share the information with your colleagues.

Sincerely,
Alisa Alfred

(M.D) Activities Coordinator[/b]
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by ciscoicom(m): 12:28am On Nov 24, 2013
Thanks for your candid opinion concerning visa issuance,
There is a date of birth mistake in my waec result . It has 14th Nov on it, instead of 12th Nov. I have gone for error correction which might take sometime. I have all photocopied documents backing the error correction such like photocopy of waec result,letter from the school principal,birth certificate,bank draft,receipt of payment,a filled form for error correction. Please I want to know if the photocopied documents are acceptable or can my University degree result serve me for the interview ? So I want to know what to do. Please I seek for advice.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by ikjay: 11:21am On Nov 25, 2013
Good day, I did my Interview on the 19th last tuesday. I don't seems to understand what the c.o, she told me i will be contacted very soon, that my case is not close yet. Please kindly reply me back because i gave her all the document and she was satisfy and i need my visa. I am writing who ever is in charge there to kindly look onto this issue urgently cos i should have bought my flight ticket. my case number again is (LGS2013753024). Kindly get back to me as soon as possible. Thanks. God Almighty Is Taking control....
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by omonla10(m): 11:32am On Nov 25, 2013
omonla10: Hello VO. I can see you're doing a good job here. I have a religious conference in the US on 21st January. And I have 3 questions.
1 do I need a sponsor in the USA. Since I am being paid by the church and as a manager of a company.
2. Is 10th January not too late as an interview date at the embassy.
3. Do I need to bring along my original academic qualifications to the right embassy.
4. How many days does it take to get a visa since I'll be interviewed 10 days to the conference.
U can help me out @justwise
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by VCTROKOYE: 2:19pm On Nov 25, 2013
Hi Justice. Please what has happened to our Visa Officer. Is he permanently banned or what? We have questions he/she needs to answer. My interview date is fast approaching? If he/she is banned, please release him. Or has he/she refused to come back? Please lets know how long we need to wait.
Thanks
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by aforex4u: 5:09pm On Nov 25, 2013
Good day consular, thank u so much for ur effort as regards our question and worries may God continue to bless and guide u.
please my cousin need to know if his wife can file the spouse petition here in Nigeria at the American embassy here in Nigeria ? because they have been married now about a year and they have been together all along so they want to know if she can do the filing here in Nigeria and More so how long will it take to be approved or if she should go back to the united state to do the filing. hope to read from u. Thank you.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by amiableobi: 7:29pm On Nov 25, 2013
My husband filed a spousal visal (i130) since june. Pls I would love to know how long the whole process takes. Been to uscis site but couldn't really understand the processing time table. The processing time I saw for i130 was in date like 13th feb 2013, pls could you explain further. Been really looking forward to my interview...thanks
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by 2ic(m): 9:45pm On Nov 25, 2013
Please i need help, i have a question for you (I AM A U.S Consular Officer)

I have a problem which is giving me sleepless night, I am a LPR. I petition for my spouse and the NVC sent me a message that my case is waiting interview at Consulate in Lagos. How does it take for one to be schedule for an interview?
Thank you for helping me out
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by Nobody: 2:13am On Nov 26, 2013
mjan: hi vo, a friend of mine introduced me to this site and i find it very interesting especially since i saw this thread, my story Goes like this i am married to an american citizen who is in the US Army, we got married in 2011 and few months after our wedding which took place here in Nigeria he was deployed to Afghanistan for one year military tour and we decided not to go ahead with filing for my immigration visa till he returns from his trip and he returned last year august from Afghanistan and has traveled back twice to visit me here in Nigeria and he filed for my i-30 in July and we got a receipt notice in August and filed the i-129f immediately and also go the receipt notice in September, now my question is as a military spouse how long do u think it will take before i get an approval for my i-129f ( i mean both processing time n getting my visa) or is it going to go through the normal process cos the USCIS website says 5months, please i will really like to know. thanks.

While you await the most generous VO, please have your Husband go to the USCIS website and study expedite processing which is available for active military members who are going to be deployed. So if your Husband is going to go on another deployment then he should look into it.

Thank you both for your service to our nation (military Wives also serve the nation too, albeit indirectly).
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by Nobody: 4:08am On Nov 26, 2013
Hi VO,
When filling DV 2014 loterry form I mistakely skipped an alphabet anD this was only noticed when I received my first NL. But I filled the correct names on the forms I sent to Kcc.
I hope this won't affect my chances of reciving my second NL and won't be an issue during the interview proper?
My CN is AF***10*** pls when am I likely to be current.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by Nobody: 4:53am On Nov 26, 2013
VO, pls excpecting ur response.
Re: I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. by sanjayPH(m): 10:04am On Nov 26, 2013
Goodday VO,
I would like to know what to do. i have been given visa with my wife in the past, and my wife gave birth in the US. We only made 70 percent of the hospital bill. we have applied twice and denied. i decided to pay up all the outstanding hospital bill and still we were denied.
My question is
1. my son that we had in the US 6 YRS ago is demandidng to go to US, how do we go about the visa application.
2.When would he be eligible to go to the state on his own and can he file for his parent and his younger one in the future.
3. What do need to do to get a visa without being denied again, (we are a frequently flyer to the U.K and EU countries)

Your advise will be appreciated

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.