Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Patience Blames Elders For Fueling Rivers Crisis - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Blames Elders For Fueling Rivers Crisis (2189 Views)

Jonathan Has Nothing To Do With Rivers Crisis - Okupe / Junaid Muhammad Blasts Patience For Role In Rivers Crisis / Patience Jonathan Denies Involvement In Rivers Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patience Blames Elders For Fueling Rivers Crisis by Nobody: 1:46am On Jul 16, 2013
Wife of the President, Mrs. Patience Jonathan, on Monday faulted the contributions of some unnamed persons she referred to as “otherwise respected elders” who, by their views, had been contributing to the crisis in Rivers State.

While describing their utterances as unfortunate, she called on all feuding parties in the state to sheathe their swords in the interest of innocent women and children, who, she said, would naturally be victims of the mayhem.

The president’s wife’s position was contained in a statement by her spokesman, Mr. Ayo Osinlu.

The statement read, “We therefore call on elders of the state to position themselves appropriately in the circumstances, and continue to seek the highest good of Rivers State and its people, by stone-walling the activities of the few, who would rather fan little embers into a consuming inferno.

“Recent experience whereby certain otherwise respected elders of the country, both from within and outside Rivers State, were canvassing views that seemed to intensify the heat in Rivers State, is certainly unfortunate.”

Mrs. Jonathan, who has been roundly criticised as one of the masterminds of the crisis alongside her husband, called on warring politicians in the state to spare a thought for the social, political and economic costs of the crisis, and consider an urgent way to resolve all political differences.

She warned all stakeholders to ensure that the situation in the state did not degenerate to a level that could be hijacked by miscreants and hoodlums, thus exposing everyone to insecurity from which there might be no easy escape.

http://www.punchng.com/news/patience-blames-elders-for-role-in-rivers-crisis/

Politics is an interesting game thats all I can say... At least people are beginning to disassociate themselves from this crisis which will ultimately lead to its end. No one wants the wrath of the masses, the presidency inclusive.

Re: Patience Blames Elders For Fueling Rivers Crisis by EPOMA(m): 3:34am On Jul 16, 2013
You are guilty number one
Re: Patience Blames Elders For Fueling Rivers Crisis by Nobody: 4:29am On Jul 16, 2013
Soyinka: PEJ you are behind Rivers Crisis!

PEJ: Soyinka you are an Embarrassment... Why mention my name in that crisis!

PEJ: Rivers Elders you are behind Rivers Crisis!

Curious Nigerian: PEJ why point fingers at someone else when you dont want fingers pointed at you!

NLers Isn't this a case of Pot calling kettle black...

2 Likes

Re: Patience Blames Elders For Fueling Rivers Crisis by braine(m): 4:39am On Jul 16, 2013
^don't mind that woman. Soon, the elders will respond harshly, then they'll point at someone else. And the circle continues.
Re: Patience Blames Elders For Fueling Rivers Crisis by Nobody: 5:14am On Jul 16, 2013
Better call your lapdogs on nl to order as well. Words cannot begin to describe the antics of the dropouts manning keyboards on nl
Re: Patience Blames Elders For Fueling Rivers Crisis by Nobody: 5:16am On Jul 16, 2013
They said i amb. Jesus - it wasnt me
They said i funded a wedding - it wasnt me
Apc outside my hotel - it wasnt me
Re: Patience Blames Elders For Fueling Rivers Crisis by dayokanu(m): 5:24am On Jul 16, 2013
This Hippo has now found someone else to blame for her family's executive cluelesness.
Re: Patience Blames Elders For Fueling Rivers Crisis by Brimmie(m): 5:56am On Jul 16, 2013
See Hw Dat Bag Of Beans Dey Slow My Network.. Her Wowo Pishure Go Reach 25mb! Very Heavy Woman!! sad
Re: Patience Blames Elders For Fueling Rivers Crisis by badassnigga(m): 6:09am On Jul 16, 2013
Brimmie: See Hw Dat Bag Of Beans Dey Slow My Network.. Her Wowo Pishure Go Reach 25mb! Very Heavy Woman!! sad

PEJ 2 U : I am a disappointment with ur grammar. grin
Re: Patience Blames Elders For Fueling Rivers Crisis by Tolexander: 6:09am On Jul 16, 2013
She warned all stakeholders to
ensure that the situation in the
state did not degenerate to a
level that could be hijacked by
miscreants and hoodlums, thus
exposing everyone to insecurity
from which there might be no
easy escape.
that is if you and jonathan wish!
Re: Patience Blames Elders For Fueling Rivers Crisis by slap1(m): 7:12am On Jul 16, 2013
She 'speaks' more from her spokesman these days. . . I want it raw, from the horse's mouth!
Re: Patience Blames Elders For Fueling Rivers Crisis by SlyIg(f): 7:19am On Jul 16, 2013
slap1: She 'speaks' more from her spokesman these days. . . I want it raw, from the horse's mouth!
nairalanders eh ... Always praying for her bomb explosions.
Re: Patience Blames Elders For Fueling Rivers Crisis by spartan66(m): 7:36am On Jul 16, 2013
One could look at this from another angle. Perhaps she's tryin to pacify the would-be protesters in abuja.
Re: Patience Blames Elders For Fueling Rivers Crisis by Super1759: 7:40am On Jul 16, 2013
Please who is PEJ's political adviser?
Re: Patience Blames Elders For Fueling Rivers Crisis by sexymoma(f): 9:57am On Jul 16, 2013
Why is she so involve in this political thing
The past first ladies would rather be concern with motherless home, donating goods to them,
what did she know about politics, abi kilon se woman yii gan.
Re: Patience Blames Elders For Fueling Rivers Crisis by moscobabs(m): 9:58am On Jul 16, 2013
dey look ooo.....so guys will still blame GEJ ooo!!!
Re: Patience Blames Elders For Fueling Rivers Crisis by yuzedo: 9:58am On Jul 16, 2013
Chill! Why the f..uck does a [size=3pt]barely literate[/size] First Lady have so much "political relevance" and mouth in government?! undecided As in!! What the f..uck is this sh..it?!?!?! No, really! Am i missing something here?!?! angry Beach needs to be gagged and sh..it! QUICKLY! angry
Re: Patience Blames Elders For Fueling Rivers Crisis by Meekzy(f): 9:58am On Jul 16, 2013
madam,u started d crisis directly or indirectly,go back there nd resolve it,dnt accuse innocent or partially innocent ppl unnecessarily.
Re: Patience Blames Elders For Fueling Rivers Crisis by Fazhy: 9:58am On Jul 16, 2013
“otherwise respected elders”

namely,......

Re: Patience Blames Elders For Fueling Rivers Crisis by alaoeri: 9:59am On Jul 16, 2013
Super1759: Please who is PEJ's political adviser?
No matter whom they are, her political advisers are incompetent including that of GEJ.
Re: Patience Blames Elders For Fueling Rivers Crisis by Kzinne: 9:59am On Jul 16, 2013
braine: ^don't mind that woman. Soon, the elders will respond harshly, then they'll point at someone else. And the circle continues.
the cycle not the circle
Re: Patience Blames Elders For Fueling Rivers Crisis by clubone05: 10:02am On Jul 16, 2013
“Recent experience whereby certain otherwise respected elders of the country, both from within and outside Rivers State, were canvassing views that seemed to intensify the heat in Rivers State, is certainly unfortunate.”

thats is another swipe at prof....i think she is just a Bas.tard.....

why cant she come out to say..."i'm not anybody's jesus on earth and if u bring cult members to break into the assembly house,you should be arrested and jailed"

1 Like

Re: Patience Blames Elders For Fueling Rivers Crisis by Lordave: 10:03am On Jul 16, 2013
EPOMA: You are guilty number one
SHUT THAT YOUR BUCKET OF MOUTH!
Re: Patience Blames Elders For Fueling Rivers Crisis by ABsI1: 10:04am On Jul 16, 2013
Remove the LOG from ur own eyes and those of Husband Umbllera 1st. God will suprise u both. U think u can eat ur cake and still have it. Never. 2015 is ur exit date no mata what Insha Allah. We are counting already
Re: Patience Blames Elders For Fueling Rivers Crisis by ABsI1: 10:05am On Jul 16, 2013
Lordave: SHUT THAT YOUR BUCKET OF MOUTH!
Re: Patience Blames Elders For Fueling Rivers Crisis by phaya(f): 10:05am On Jul 16, 2013
Brimmie: See Hw Dat Bag Of Beans Dey Slow My Network.. Her Wowo Pishure Go Reach 25mb! Very Heavy Woman!! sad

Looking at this ur comment am not really surprised y u were BANNED by FREIBURGER

1 Like

Re: Patience Blames Elders For Fueling Rivers Crisis by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 16, 2013
Super1759: Please who is PEJ's political adviser?
Its Bipi 'cos PEJ is her Jesus.
Re: Patience Blames Elders For Fueling Rivers Crisis by Super1759: 10:05am On Jul 16, 2013
alaoeri:
No matter whom they are, her political advisers are incompetent including that of GEJ.
I lost it for her,when she lost respect and accuse people that gave Nigeria fame worldwide and have contributed immensely to NIGERIA's fairness.

A million of PEJ cannot be equal to one soyinka.
Re: Patience Blames Elders For Fueling Rivers Crisis by ABsI1: 10:06am On Jul 16, 2013
Lordave: SHUT THAT YOUR BUCKET OF MOUTH!
may ur mouth cease uttering sound u wretch
Re: Patience Blames Elders For Fueling Rivers Crisis by israel007: 10:08am On Jul 16, 2013
Blaming
Re: Patience Blames Elders For Fueling Rivers Crisis by Super1759: 10:08am On Jul 16, 2013
ebenezer4o2:
Its Bipi 'cos PEJ is her Jesus.
how can a thug advice president's wife? Bipi is a disappointment on his own...so the system has failed
Re: Patience Blames Elders For Fueling Rivers Crisis by Okelity2812(m): 10:11am On Jul 16, 2013
PEJ playing good cop, bad cop

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chibok Girls Families Reject Presidential Meeting, Jonathan Blames Opposition / Fear As Tinubu’s Health Worsens, Can’t Recognize Relatives / (documentary) Nigeria's HIDDEN WAR : the hunt for Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.