Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,095 members, 7,953,337 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:35 PM

Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. - Culture (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. (54258 Views)

Brief History And Culture Of Babur/ Bura People. / The History And People Of Bende Lga Of Abia State / Yoruba Origin Revisited (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by ladionline: 1:02pm On Dec 09, 2013
Deep down I wish to do this, but I think and halt. Just have a peace of mind that answers exist to your questions, I will correspond these in time. I almost upload what I promised, but the Yoruba bashing on Hoodlum beat Oba in Ogun thread made me suspend that for now. kindly expect my book.
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by mandarin: 2:10pm On Dec 09, 2013
ladionline: Deep down I wish to do this, but I think and halt. Just have a peace of mind that answers exist to your questions, I will correspond these in time. I almost upload what I promised, but the Yoruba bashing on Hoodlum beat Oba in Ogun thread made me suspend that for now. kindly expect my book.

Give a paraphrase at least to get me informed. Thanks in advance.
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by ladionline: 5:26pm On Dec 09, 2013
mandarin:

Give a paraphrase at least to get me informed. Thanks in advance.
Alright, Obatala is the same as Orisala. This mean the white (apparel) deity. He was a contemporary of Olokun. These were Yoruba 'whitie' ancestors so to say. They were OFUN, meaning 'whitie'. In light of this, the Yoruba often say 'Orunmila to to fun~un'. That is, "Orunmila (mo) to-to, o funfun" in our own Yoruba. I quite believe this will help. Thanks. Hope to hear from you. (Ladi Akinleye, aka Prexios)
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by mandarin: 5:57pm On Dec 11, 2013
ladionline: Alright, Obatala is the same as Orisala. This mean the white (apparel) deity. He was a contemporary of Olokun. These were Yoruba 'whitie' ancestors so to say. They were OFUN, meaning 'whitie'. In light of this, the Yoruba often say 'Orunmila to to fun~un'. That is, "Orunmila (mo) to-to, o funfun" in our own Yoruba. I quite believe this will help. Thanks. Hope to hear from you. (Ladi Akinleye, aka Prexios)

oh my! i wrote a long reply before but i can't find it ooo sob.
If Obatala was a contemporary of olokun and he was orisala may be he was Aaron.But wait it was about white cloth not skin abi?I believe all the oral history plus all I have learnt is pointing at some sequences at various times in history of the Yoruba
1. The was a time we can not trace happenings I mean like 10,000BC excavations of Iwo Eleru near Akure
2. Some aborigines lived on this land before any sort of migration may be it was first emigartion to form part of the old Kemet Kingdom or the Kingdom stretched from west to north Africa through the sahara. Because clearly, Yoruba and kemet have had a sort of relationships
3.Adimu or Oduduwa group or Orisha came migrating alongside his contemporaries form 'Orun' or 'Horun'(Horus?)and descended from a ship via a chain or could Oduduwa case be the story of Noah descending from the ark in the Bible? Omoluabi concept may have come from here.
4.Obatala was reputed to be a ruler at Ife when Oduduwa came and Ifa was already in place. It was said that Oduduwa or group merged with the aborigines or may be it was a reverse migration back home and at a certain time there was a fight and the Adimula(Adam?)oduduwa group won and later Obatala(title) that has been the ruling house forged a common ground with the new group and the concept of Oduduwa emerged.....please the concept 'du' or du...du ' in Yoruba.
5. Centuries later came another group which may include the Ijebu in another wave of return while the ORANMIYAN GROUP MAY HAVE COME AGAIN in later centuries.

The whole mystery of Yoruba lies in the Orunmila and Orisha(migrants) or please I just want to be in the know
Thanks
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by amor4ce(m): 10:16pm On Jan 01, 2014
It is ready.
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by OJODEL10(m): 10:42am On Jan 02, 2014
ladionline: Ifa has her own reformers after Olokun. Wait, Olokun is said to be 'eleri-ipin'. This means 'one who witness the division'. What division is that? If we understood Oluweri to mean the 'Lord of the sea', we wont have problem with '-eri' being sea (or river). Eleri-ipin may be another cryptic verbal picture for (Olokun)-ipin, that is 'eleri' is feedback from 'Olokun', and that both words mean the same thing. Ipin in this colocation is different from it regular usage, to mean lot or fate. Here it means 'division'. Right, eleri ipin is owner of sea-parting. This shows cognitive projection of a remote scholarstic tradition upholding its source to the third millenia. See also, Proverbs 6sad16-19), 20-22.
I THINK ELERI-IPIN IS JOSHUA, NOTE; HE WITNESSED THE DIVISION OF RED SEA AND RIVER JORDAN, THE FALL OF WALL OF JERICHO AND THE DIVISION OF THE LANDS TO THE TRIBES. I WATCH A MOSES FILM WHERE IT SHOWS THAT JOSHUA WITNESSED THE BURNING BUSH
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by OJODEL10(m): 10:49am On Jan 02, 2014
amor4ce: It is ready.
WHAT!
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by ladionline: 2:57pm On Jan 02, 2014
OJODEL10: WHAT!
cheesy Amor4ce is telling you that his blog has been updated, I think. I have always expected metaphisical to write the Yoruba canonical, Albeit, he has found a beloved site that make AfroAsia come from Yoruba (oke ti lo ba muomoh) after the megido encounter. I'm so happy for him. But amor4ce will beat all of us to it, we are his disciples. Nobody know what is on his mind now coming back from wherever 'iji' took him like Elijah. Welcome bruv, miss you, but please be kind now to those you dislike so much, please. One love. cheesy
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by amor4ce(m): 2:33pm On Jan 06, 2014
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by ladionline: 3:17pm On Jan 06, 2014
Amor4ce, I'm laughing seriously now for breaking your suspense. But I must commend you for your great effort and undying spirit. My sumarian crypt is ABIRI and EBORA or Ebira for Abraham, the sumarian. In fact, if you look at Osumare, the circle of continuity, it rhyme with Olodu-mare, sustainer of continuity. Sumer is the closest civilization to this historic token, it is also similar to Osumare (rainbow) when pronounced.
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by OJODEL10(m): 3:20pm On Jan 06, 2014
OGA EJO E MA PA WA. ORI MI! DO U KNOW WHAT? MY HEAD WANT TO BURST.
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by OJODEL10(m): 3:23pm On Jan 06, 2014
IPADA BO ABIJA
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by ladionline: 4:03pm On Jan 06, 2014
OJODEL10: OGA EJO E MA PA WA. ORI MI! DO U KNOW WHAT? MY HEAD WANT TO BURST.
You aint seen anything yet eeti ri nkenken. My own abracadabra is a child's play compare to my two friends. Meanwhile on a serious note, abiri means a.bi.ri. meaning 'having to do with river'. (biri is the root for hebrew according to wiki, check it out). abiri is equal to Obiri. The Yoruba would say obiri laye. Ebora means 'Sacrifice vanish', an ifa precept (omo Odu) is termed ejilaesebora, that is the twelve that emanated from Ebora. The verse was about an ancient Yoruba couple set at discord by divided favouritism to their twins children. This shows that Ebora used to be human back in time. Then when someone dies, the Yoruba says 'o ti deni Ebora' (abraham bosom). Odu Obara meji says baba Abiriyamu lo bi Abiriyamu, baba Abiriyamu lo bi Abiriyamu...
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by MetaPhysical: 4:45am On Jan 07, 2014
amor4ce: OJODEL10, my essay on Yoruba history has been updated/overhauled (100 pages of font size 11.5, minus the images).

ladionline, there's more coming; I'm only waiting for you and the others to identify the necessary pieces of the puzzle. Who will enlighten us on the Sumerians and Eredo?

Amor4ce,

Thanks for what you do on that blogsite, great research and representatiin. God Bless you and give you strength and light to do much more.
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by MetaPhysical: 4:48am On Jan 07, 2014
ladionline: You aint seen anything yet eeti ri nkenken. My own abracadabra is a child's play compare to my two friends. Meanwhile on a serious note, abiri means a.bi.ri. meaning 'having to do with river'. (biri is the root for hebrew according to wiki, check it out). abiri is equal to Obiri. The Yoruba would say obiri laye. Ebora means 'Sacrifice vanish', an ifa precept (omo Odu) is termed ejilaesebora, that is the twelve that emanated from Ebora. The verse was about an ancient Yoruba couple set at discord by divided favouritism to their twins children. This shows that Ebora used to be human back in time. Then when someone dies, the Yoruba says 'o ti deni Ebora' (abraham bosom). Odu Obara meji says baba Abiriyamu lo bi Abiriyamu, baba Abiriyamu lo bi Abiriyamu...

Wassup pardner! grin
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by MetaPhysical: 5:08am On Jan 07, 2014
On Sumaria and Osumare, are we sure that the people that translated and rewrote these names on maps and in books actually got them right? In other words, Osunmare could be the original from which they got Sumaria; handiccaped in the tongue amd lexicon of the original they gave the best approximation they could. Yoruba tongue has not been colonized, we are speaking the same tongue for centuries. The same cannot be said of AfroAsia. They have experienced many colonizations and had their tongues suppressed in favor of the colonizing tongue. This word and many like it suffer from this noted handicap.

Lets look at some words in our own land that suffered similar handicaps.

Ebute Meta is often written as Ebute Metta.
Ido is wrongly written as Iddo.
Dosunmu was changed to Docemo.
Ota is on some maps written as Otta
Oto is written as Otto
Leki is documented as Lekki. On some old maps its spelled Lecce.
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by MetaPhysical: 6:59am On Jan 07, 2014
Ladi,

Share what you know about these three miracles.

1. The serpent - as in Eden and Moses' staff.
What is a Yoruba reference, if any?

2. The fish - as in parting of Red Sea.
What reference can you share?

3. The rat - as in the journey through the wilderness.
What do you know?

Im beginning to think, and quite convincingly, that these miracles were actually rituals and offerings prescribed by divination. In other words, in a time of tribulation a divination was cast to obtain guidance on what to do to avert the malevolent energy. These three animals were the offerings that Orunmila prescribed for that situation. The three of them appear in various odus in Ifa.

The serpent is a symbol of the earth, of fertility, of renewal, of life. In times of distress and opression one craves relief and change. Offering the serpent will ease the way for a new beginning, a new journey, a deliverance from a burden and start of new cycle of life.

The mystery of the serpent in Pharaoh's palace would indicate that Moses' miracle with the rod was in fact a offering.

Fish is a very interesting one, it lives in water. Fish symbolizes a breakthrough, an awakening, a phenomenon. Water symbolizes subconscious and depth of knowledge and the sustainer for life whether in form of amniotic fluid or a flowing river or stream. It is the abode of fish.

When one is faced with a daunting situation and in moment of monumental and overpowering force an offering of fish would help to guide a rescue. An inspirational breakthrough will provide a guided way forward just as the fish glides forward and easily through the voluminous deep sea.

This offering is what is suggested in the parting of the Red Sea for the Israelites to cross safely and away from the pursuing danger.

The rat is a survivor, it lives and adapts to all conditions. Symbolically the rat is a pathfinder through a wilderness. It represents endurance and foresight. When lost and we need our way to the right path, the pathfinder is the proper offering to ward off confusion and negative energy fighting to keep us distracted and diverted from our destination.

After the crossing of Red Sea the Israelites camped and spent time in Mount Sinai when Moses took time to approach and communicate with God. After he was gone the Israelites cast a cow image out of molten metals and started worshipping it - the earth cult. Moses came down with the ten commandments and established a new law for them. Thereafter they left heading Eastward and spent time through the wilderness camping and awaiting guidance for settlement. Aaron became the priest in charge of divinations and the keeping of shrine and altar. Part of the sacrifices and offering made to the altar was rat, some other time dove.

This offering of rat is to provide foresight and endurance through the many difficulties of the hardship in that stage of their being; it will find for them a path through the maze of obstacles and get them finally to their destination.

These parallels of the Biblical miracles and the various Ifa verses in which they are cryptically described in the animal symbolisms and offerings is an eye opener for me.

I also believe the ephod that the Rabbis wear is a divination plate.

Download the pdf on this link below, you go to this page and scroll to where they illustrate a Shango Shrine in Ibadan. I want you to zoom in on the instruments of office in the interior and you see two or three ephod pouches sitting in there. This is what L. Frobenius witnessed and documented in 1920s although he did not call it an ephod. The Jewish ephod consists of two parts, a "urim" and a "thumim" sitting in a pouch. The pouch is the beautiful decorated fabric we see, we dont see the contents inside. Arab divination tool is also called "ruml". Yoruba divines to "orunmila". This I believe nails the quest on whether or not Ifa is older than Judaism. If urim and thumim predated Judaism, then Ifa should correctly be called the OLDEST OF THE ABRAHAMAIC FAITHS.

http://www.frobenius-institut.de/images/stories/Ausstellungen/Nigeria/yorubaland.pdf

Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by TonySpike: 7:06am On Jan 07, 2014
MetaPhysical:

Ebute Meta is often written as Ebute Metta.
Ido is wrongly written as Iddo.
Dosunmu was changed to Docemo.
Ota is on some maps written as Otta
Oto is written as Otto
Leki is documented as Lekki. On some old maps its spelled Lecce.

My Dad mentioned to me a few days ago that Leki was actually known as Oju-Leke back in those days. Lecce seems more appropriate.

Ibadariki (I think) became Badagry
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by MetaPhysical: 7:11am On Jan 07, 2014
Here it is

Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by MetaPhysical: 7:18am On Jan 07, 2014
Tony Spike:

My Dad mentioned to me a few days ago that Leki was actually known as Oju-Leke back in those days. Lecce seems more appropriate.

Ibadariki (I think) became Badagry

Exactly! How does one go from Ibadariki to Badagry? It has been 100yrs and future generations may never know Ibadariki is the original. If we can correct for these errors im sure we will discover that most of these place names in Yorubaland are a match with similar correspondences in AfroAsia. Names like Ado, Eredu, Edomite, Ijebusite, Amalekite, Sumeria, Nineveh and so on.

I heard Badagry was Agbadaigi. Ladi can clarify, he is more familiar with the history of that area.
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by ladionline: 12:59pm On Jan 07, 2014
MetaPhysical: Ladi,

Share what you know about these three miracles.

1. The serpent - as in Eden and Moses' staff.
What is a Yoruba reference, if any?

2. The fish - as in parting of Red Sea.
What reference can you share?

3. The rat - as in the journey through the wilderness.
What do you know?

Im beginning to think, and quite convincingly, that these miracles were actually rituals and offerings prescribed by divination. In other words, in a time of tribulation a divination was cast to obtain guidance on what to do to avert the malevolent energy. These three animals were the offerings that Orunmila prescribed for that situation. The three of them appear in various odus in Ifa.

The serpent is a symbol of the earth, of fertility, of renewal, of life. In times of distress and opression one craves relief and change. Offering the serpent will ease the way for a new beginning, a new journey, a deliverance from a burden and start of new cycle of life.

The mystery of the serpent in Pharaoh's palace would indicate that Moses' miracle with the rod was in fact a offering.

Fish is a very interesting one, it lives in water. Fish symbolizes a breakthrough, an awakening, a phenomenon. Water symbolizes subconscious and depth of knowledge and the sustainer for life whether in form of amniotic fluid or a flowing river or stream. It is the abode of fish.

When one is faced with a daunting situation and in moment of monumental and overpowering force an offering of fish would help to guide a rescue. An inspirational breakthrough will provide a guided way forward just as the fish glides forward and easily through the voluminous deep sea.

This offering is what is suggested in the parting of the Red Sea for the Israelites to cross safely and away from the pursuing danger.

The rat is a survivor, it lives and adapts to all conditions. Symbolically the rat is a pathfinder through a wilderness. It represents endurance and foresight. When lost and we need our way to the right path, the pathfinder is the proper offering to ward off confusion and negative energy fighting to keep us distracted and diverted from our destination.

After the crossing of Red Sea the Israelites camped and spent time in Mount Sinai when Moses took time to approach and communicate with God. After he was gone the Israelites cast a cow image out of molten metals and started worshipping it - the earth cult. Moses came down with the ten commandments and established a new law for them. Thereafter they left heading Eastward and spent time through the wilderness camping and awaiting guidance for settlement. Aaron became the priest in charge of divinations and the keeping of shrine and altar. Part of the sacrifices and offering made to the altar was rat, some other time dove.

This offering of rat is to provide foresight and endurance through the many difficulties of the hardship in that stage of their being; it will find for them a path through the maze of obstacles and get them finally to their destination.

These parallels of the Biblical miracles and the various Ifa verses in which they are cryptically described in the animal symbolisms and offerings is an eye opener for me.

I also believe the ephod that the Rabbis wear is a divination plate.

Download the pdf on this link below, you go to this page and scroll to where they illustrate a Shango Shrine in Ibadan. I want you to zoom in on the instruments of office in the interior and you see two or three ephod pouches sitting in there. This is what L. Frobenius witnessed and documented in 1920s although he did not call it an ephod. The Jewish ephod consists of two parts, a "urim" and a "thumim" sitting in a pouch. The pouch is the beautiful decorated fabric we see, we dont see the contents inside. Arab divination tool is also called "ruml". Yoruba divines to "orunmila". This I believe nails the quest on whether or not Ifa is older than Judaism. If urim and thumim predated Judaism, then Ifa should correctly be called the OLDEST OF THE ABRAHAMAIC FAITHS.

http://www.frobenius-institut.de/images/stories/Ausstellungen/Nigeria/yorubaland.pdf

I always know you have good information strapped somewhere meta, thank God for this homecoming, I really am delighted that you come home, though I don't know how long you will stay with us on the Hebrew homeland. But what you have shared is remarkably perfect for situation, brother.

That was what Aron was wearing in MY BOOK OF BIBLE STORY by JEHOVAH WITNESS back as a kid. I remember drawing all these picture or watch other skillful kids do the same when I was 10 in primary school, i think i can relate easily with the picture!

I know those people did good research and even modern bible with back page concordance often show this as ephod, well I use to think its bones and so on usually cast to find the path of scriptural "Odu" or something. But you have reveal a great secret.

Now check page 8 of the link you share where ori Olokun was position in exhibition, the cloth that is hanging there is of especial significance, that is the shawl I called Shaki at the Gele thread.
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by ladionline: 1:28pm On Jan 07, 2014
MetaPhysical:

Exactly! How does one go from Ibadariki to Badagry? It has been 100yrs and future generations may never know Ibadariki is the original. If we can correct for these errors im sure we will discover that most of these place names in Yorubaland are a match with similar correspondences in AfroAsia. Names like Ado, Eredu, Edomite, Ijebusite, Amalekite, Sumeria, Nineveh and so on.

I heard Badagry was Agbadaigi. Ladi can clarify, he is more familiar with the history of that area.

Yes the Egun are my mum's people. My mum is Egun, but she was raised as Yoruba on the Island. I was partly raised in the Egun village at (Idolehin), Ado from age 2 to age 7, before I was transferred to Sango Otta for schooling, then I visited home regularly and I'm close to the culture right from childhood.

Yes ooo, Ladi is Egun boy ooo. Guvi-special grin

I was actually born at my father's house in Isale Ado loun. as those Awori folks use to call it.

But with my mums people, Badagry is called Gbagri or Gbagli? They were Tori, so they do not miss 'r' for 'l', but i am familiar with some that write gbagri as gbagli. Do you know that gbagri sounds like "Gbagi?" More than that there was once a broadcast from the palace of the Agbara monarch that I once heard and, the leader said that Agbara means "a gba ra", meaning we took it outright. from the era of Dahomey war.

Then when you split the word Gbagri, you have something similar: Gba-gri, Gba-giri, taken by force or "taken with surprise". Compare with Gbagi. Badagry is the English rendition of the word on ground with the colonial force.

You know the English have bad and Aggrey, or bad and agree, so its easy to see how their intonation will go. And then that will make it to their gazettes and influence how those old elite (who were distance from the place in question) when they will be pronouncing the word (that has always been with the locals) in academic circle.
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by ladionline: 1:31pm On Jan 07, 2014
My time is far spent, will be back shortly.

Please where is my tpia for God sake?

Please come back baby.

I'm missing you cry
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by ladionline: 1:46pm On Jan 07, 2014
Ah metaphysical, in respect to the three miracles, I do not have any thing special ooo. But I always look to you at this miraculous junction, I can't attempt demystifying the scripture ooo, lest I miss it altogether.

But I know some of us have the grace to see with the third eye and breakthrough. Albeit, I am content with the givings that is in the scripture. Yet, I will enjoy your miraculous espose. I know you are close to the three wise men, the Sufi or as to Dee Apostle tongue
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by ladionline: 1:49pm On Jan 07, 2014
MetaPhysical:

Wassup pardner! grin

alter egoooooooooooooooogrin
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by macof(m): 4:36pm On Jan 07, 2014
Metaphysical Can I know your basis for referring Ifa as an Abrahamic religion?

And why you even refer Ifa as a religion?
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by ladionline: 6:35am On Jan 08, 2014
Still on the eponimous name, the sharing is much between. But what stun me often is when the villagers call Lagos, Ahonri and fine girl, Awiri. Its like they were just twisting things. So I kept asking them questions as a kid on holiday does. At a point someone scream 'pon ovie, aho teeh ni jeh, oho dho jhan ayor kansey'. that is, 'you are heck asking for the root of words!' ...t.b.cont'd
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by MetaPhysical: 9:33am On Jan 08, 2014
ladionline:

I always know you have good information strapped somewhere meta, thank God for this homecoming, I really am delighted that you come home, though I don't know how long you will stay with us on the Hebrew homeland. But what you have shared is remarkably perfect for situation, brother.

That was what Aron was wearing in MY BOOK OF BIBLE STORY by JEHOVAH WITNESS back as a kid. I remember drawing all these picture or watch other skillful kids do the same when I was 10 in primary school, i think i can relate easily with the picture!

I know those people did good research and even modern bible with back page concordance often show this as ephod, well I use to think its bones and so on usually cast to find the path of scriptural "Odu" or something. But you have reveal a great secret.

Now check page 8 of the link you share where ori Olokun was position in exhibition, the cloth that is hanging there is of especial significance, that is the shawl I called Shaki at the Gele thread.

I saw it, the white shawl draped over a door or some upright structure.
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by mandarin: 10:23am On Jan 08, 2014
amor4ce: OJODEL10, my essay on Yoruba history has been updated/overhauled (100 pages of font size 11.5, minus the images).

ladionline, there's more coming; I'm only waiting for you and the others to identify the necessary pieces of the puzzle. Who will enlighten us on the Sumerians and Eredo?

I took my time to go through all your write ups and wish to commend your painstaking efforts at digging out a whole lots of information out. I have many points of agreements with you like the popular migration of the Oduduwa from the East that it was a return to the original motherland and that at a time some Yoruba progenitors may have been rulers or priest in old Egypt and that it was either they have ruled in Egypt or have been within the same empire with old Egyptians and also have something to do with either Hebrews or were Hebrews themselves.
However I have some grey areas and my reservations
1. I would want you to take it as a purely intellectual discourse and so edit it to remove every area that belittle Yoruba neighbours like the Edo , Igbo people and Europeans.
2.I do not agree with you that the current Igbo people(remember this name was a coinage for them by Europeans and was a 19th century nomenclature) or their progenitors have ever occupied any area of Yoruba land before but rather they have been subjects of the Bini Kingdom at certain times in history even though we have to be reminded that only a part of that country actually was.
3.That Yoruba is divided into two parts and should be done for historical accuracy.The first is the Ife axis extending eastward to Ekiti, Yagba, Akoko, Bini, Ondo down to Ilaje,Itsekiri and Ijebu. The second part is the western part because the eastern side is more ancient and less mixed like the western side covering Osun,Egba,and Oyo which are more recent in history.
4.I agree with you on Oranmiyan though he has been wrongfully classified in the Oyo history while sango may have been an alien as you argued
5. I disagree on how you tried to fix Yoruba progenitors into Biblical history, Yoruba may have been Hebrew as descendants of Abraham but may be not Jewish as of the tribe of Judah you tried to mimic although some may be.May be at certain times in history there was a mix but not as exhaustive as you posted. I believe the Phoenicians may have been parts of Yoruba or share common boundary with some tribes of Yoruba.
That there were many Ife will also make it imperative for history of the Igala be looked into for source information while upper Egypt will also be of help.Have you ever thought of the sahara civilization before the drought.
6. In the pre earth period you mentioned you did not clarify the position of Obatala whether as angel or unknown heavenly being
7.Ephod/Epha you mentioned may have actually been Ifa but Ifa as we have it may have been a corrupted version as all the eulogies to terrestrial powers including wicked powers are rife in current versions.You may wish to enlighten me.The similarity between Ephod and Ifa is too close but along the line Yoruba version may have been mixed with idolatry bearing in mind that children of Israel went into idolatry at some point.
8. I believe God ended all rituals in JESUS CHRIST by offering Him up for mankind to settle the spiritual woes of mankind. There may be some unknown reasons but honestly the name JESUS Christ work wonders which confirms that God is at work which bring an end to many religious activities including Ifa, Judaism,Islam, Buddhism etc.
9.You did not mention how Ifa came into being which I believe was a way of finding the mind of God and it could either be from Noah's time or codes received by Moses. Please enlighten us

Lastly I want to congratulate you for giving us reasons to see things ne and hope you can challenge our historians by publishing this in daily newspapers.
Thank you.
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by MetaPhysical: 10:26am On Jan 08, 2014
macof: Metaphysical Can I know your basis for referring Ifa as an Abrahamic religion?

And why you even refer Ifa as a religion?

Ifa to me is a spirituality, that was a slip, and i should correctly say that it was the spirituality of Noah, Abraham and the tribes.

Why do I make this reference?

I can only share publicly what i feel is safe and favorable to share, i cannot divulge everything in that regard.

First, Do you doubt that Ephod is the same thing as Ifa Odu? Looking at the images of the Ephod around the neck and the image of the pouches sitting in the Shango altar, would you say these two objects are the same instruments of worship attributed to Aaron?

When a person suffers from terminal disease or a severe ailment and a Babalawo is consulted for help, a specific livestock is often the offering that will be recommended in divination. The slaughtered animal is patted or touched with contact on different parts of the patient with some incantations. The objective is to wake the body back up, give it renewal.

See this quote from the Quran, Musa is Moses.

Al Baqarah (Chapter of The Cow 2.67-2.73)

"And when Musa said to his people: Surely Allah commands you that you should sacrifice a cow; they said: Do you ridicule us?

He said: I seek the protection of Allah from being one of the ignorant.

They said: Call on your Lord for our sake to make it plain to us what she is.

Musa said: He says, Surely she is a cow neither advanced in age nor too young, of middle age between that (and this); do therefore what you are commanded.

They said: Call on your Lord for our sake to make it plain to us what her color is.

Musa said: He says, Surely she is a yellow cow; her color is intensely yellow, giving delight to the beholders.

They said: Call on your Lord for our sake to make it plain to us what she is, for surely to us the cows are all alike, and if Allah please we shall surely be guided aright.

Musa said: He says, Surely she is a cow not made submissive that she should plow the land, nor does she irrigate the tilth; sound, without a blemish in her.

They said: Now you have brought the truth; so they sacrificed her, though they had not the mind to do (it).

So We said: Strike the (dead body) with part of the (Sacrificed cow), thus Allah brings the dead to life, and He shows you His signs so that you may understand."

Look at the last sentence - "So We said". Moses was communicating God's commandment, but when God revealed Himself He said "We". Who is in company of God and in witness of these interchange?

Lets go to something else. Yoruba has traditional clothing and colors - heirlooms.
We commonly call them Aso Oke, but customarily the name is " ofi". What is the history of this clothing in our culture? They have been commercialized now beyond our culture and land and you see them made in all kind of colors that broke their cultural meaning. Traditionally in Yorubaland they come in three colors, a plain natural in khaki or sand color (sanyan); a deep blue almost indigo color (etu) and a crimson or red color (alaari). They are woven in strips using blue thread or plain or crimson to produce each type and then the strips are joined together to make a spread. Here is a quote from the Old Testament. What is the history of our ofi?

Moreover you shall make the tabernacle with ten curtains of fine woven linen and blue, purple, and scarlet thread; with artistic designs of cherubim you shall weave them." Exod 26:1"..

When we turn away from these we will also come in contact with precise acts of worship and rituals (most of which I shared in old discussions already) that have correspondence, whether its in the manner of rituals at the altar or the instruments of priesthood or the acts of prayer or the stages of purification and renewal.

Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by MetaPhysical: 10:39am On Jan 08, 2014
Mandarin,

I read your post and I add backing to your call for a clean up. More on that later.
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by TonySpike: 11:06am On Jan 08, 2014
Yeah, I've started reading Amor4ce's hypothesis. It is well loaded but I think a lot of distractions exist therein that needs to be modified or excised. I agree with Mandarin's position that it should be more of an intellectual article also.

Oga Metaphysical, sorry I've been a little bit busy from work. I should drop you a mail one of these days. I've been digging into the YORUBA-EUROPA lexicon and I think you've perhaps unlocked the mystery of the word YORUBA. This is very ground-breaking...

EUROPA (R-P) was coined by Phoenicians and was later used to described the whole of EUROPE as it is today. It is also pronounced as YORUPA (R-P) as EU and YO are virtually the same. I simply wonder why the people of the ancient OYO axis were described by such foreign name.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Okenegoro: Sex Slavery In Cross River State (money Wives) Public Eye Episode 5 / Emir Sanusi Lamido Shares His Payslip To Debunk N12Million Salary (Photo) / Protest Against Reinstatement Of Sanusi As Emir Of Kano Hits Villa, NASS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.