Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. - Culture (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. (52204 Views)

Brief History And Culture Of Babur/ Bura People. / The History And People Of Bende Lga Of Abia State / Yoruba Origin Revisited (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by macof(m): 12:48pm On Jan 08, 2014
MetaPhysical:

Ifa to me is a spirituality, that was a slip, and i should correctly say that it was the spirituality of Noah, Abraham and the tribes.

Why do I make this reference?

I can only share publicly what i feel is safe and favorable to share, i cannot divulge everything in that regard.

First, Do you doubt that Ephod is the same thing as Ifa Odu? Looking at the images of the Ephod around the neck and the image of the pouches sitting in the Shango altar, would you say these two objects are the same instruments of worship attributed to Aaron?

When a person suffers from terminal disease or a severe ailment and a Babalawo is consulted for help, a specific livestock is often the offering that will be recommended in divination. The slaughtered animal is patted or touched with contact on different parts of the patient with some incantations. The objective is to wake the body back up, give it renewal.

See this quote from the Quran, Musa is Moses.

Al Baqarah (Chapter of The Cow 2.67-2.73)

Look at the last sentence - "So We said". Moses was communicating God's commandment, but when God revealed Himself He said "We". Who is in company of God and in witness of these interchange?

Lets go to something else. Yoruba has traditional clothing and colors - heirlooms.
We commonly call them Aso Oke, but customarily the name is " ofi". What is the history of this clothing in our culture? They have been commercialized now beyond our culture and land and you see them made in all kind of colors that broke their cultural meaning. Traditionally in Yorubaland they come in three colors, a plain natural in khaki or sand color (sanyan); a deep blue almost indigo color (etu) and a crimson or red color (alaari). They are woven in strips using blue thread or plain or crimson to produce each type and then the strips are joined together to make a spread. Here is a quote from the Old Testament. What is the history of our ofi?

When we turn away from these we will also come in contact with precise acts of worship and rituals (most of which I shared in old discussions already) that have correspondence, whether its in the manner of rituals at the altar or the instruments of priesthood or the acts of prayer or the stages of purification and renewal.

Ok. Now there's few questions
1. Are you saying Ancient Hebrew- that is starting from Abraham; used Oracles to Communicate with primordial forces?

2. If your answer to 1 is Yes- are you saying the oracle is the same as Ifa

3. Are you saying Ephod is the original clogging style of the Yoruba
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by macof(m): 12:48pm On Jan 08, 2014
Tony Spike: Yeah, I've started reading Amor4ce's hypothesis. It is well loaded but I think a lot of distractions exist therein that needs to be modified or excised. I agree with Mandarin's position that it should be more of an intellectual article also.

Oga Metaphysical, sorry I've been a little bit busy from work. I should drop you a mail one of these days. I've been digging into the YORUBA-EUROPA lexicon and I think you've perhaps unlocked the mystery of the word YORUBA. This is very ground-breaking...

EUROPA (R-P) was coined by Phoenicians and was later used to described the whole of EUROPE as it is today. It is also pronounced as YORUPA (R-P) as EU and YO are virtually the same. I simply wonder why the people of the ancient OYO axis were described by such foreign name.

The Phoenicians are more or less Canaanites, Europa was a Goddess equivalent of Astarte that the Greeks adopted into their spirituality.
Historical Europa was a Phoenician princess and priestess of Asterte who later became Queen of Crete and mother of King Minos.
The worship of Astarte became modified as Europa

The name "yoruba" was derived from a word used to describe Oyo by Hausa speaking Fulani
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by ladionline: 1:19pm On Jan 08, 2014
@amor4ce, I don't know what to say but I give you my vote just as others. Its as good as saying we have to know a lot to understand the simplest of Yoruba details. With that, it is no longer the Yoruba we use to know, but the Yoruba that belong to hundreds of worlds set apart by borders, space and time. Yet I will give you a title:

Chief Amor4ce Yemiton, "Ajagbalura" of Yorubaland.

Ajagbalura is someone with capacity to burrow through time and make epochs connect.

That's what you have done. However, I wish you try push to press. It might not be as terrifying as you think, I have been there before. Test your hypothesis and see.

Although the feedback here will do, but to publish, endure to give your work more Yoruba bearing, forget the need to touch down at every Kemet/Greco-Roman lexico-port, except it forms a pillar of what you do.

Then stop beefing the neighbors, its not Yoruba WORLD, it's a whole wide world, "IGI KAN KII DAGBO SE" It is Gods world, it belongs to all life.

Goodluck.
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by MetaPhysical: 8:08pm On Jan 08, 2014
macof:

Ok. Now there's few questions
1. Are you saying Ancient Hebrew- that is starting from Abraham; used Oracles to Communicate with primordial forces?

In a metaphysical sense, the cosmic world is a flooded dimension. We are carried in a vessel safely through the unseen but perceived deluge. Those that fail to board the vessel are drowned. The vessel is what OPON IFA is. In it you have TWO of every animal (possible permutations of events or ODU).

All the numbers and dimensions given to Noah are all cryptic messages for the ORACLE.

Divination started with Noah, Abraham spread it across the land. Moses canonized it.

2. If your answer to 1 is Yes- are you saying the oracle is the same as Ifa

Thats a YES!

3. Are you saying Ephod is the original clogging style of the Yoruba

Ephod is just a bag or a sack or container in which must be kept the tools of divination. The tools as well as the bag are sacred and at all times must be maintained in a purified state.

Actually Yoruba priests carry two bags, the other one is called LABA - the bag of secrets!
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by MetaPhysical: 8:11pm On Jan 08, 2014
macof:

The Phoenicians are more or less Canaanites, Europa was a Goddess equivalent of Astarte that the Greeks adopted into their spirituality.
Historical Europa was a Phoenician princess and priestess of Asterte who later became Queen of Crete and mother of King Minos.
The worship of Astarte became modified as Europa

The name "yoruba" was derived from a word used to describe Oyo by Hausa speaking Fulani

What was the Hausa word from which the Oyo descriptor, Yoruba, derived?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by MetaPhysical: 8:45pm On Jan 08, 2014
Tony Spike: Yeah, I've started reading Amor4ce's hypothesis. It is well loaded but I think a lot of distractions exist therein that needs to be modified or excised. I agree with Mandarin's position that it should be more of an intellectual article also.

Oga Metaphysical, sorry I've been a little bit busy from work. I should drop you a mail one of these days. I've been digging into the YORUBA-EUROPA lexicon and I think you've perhaps unlocked the mystery of the word YORUBA. This is very ground-breaking...

EUROPA (R-P) was coined by Phoenicians and was later used to described the whole of EUROPE as it is today. It is also pronounced as YORUPA (R-P) as EU and YO are virtually the same. I simply wonder why the people of the ancient OYO axis were described by such foreign name.

There is a movie titled "300". It is a screenplay of an attack by Spartan and Greece against Persia. Leonidas was the Spartan King leading the campaign against Xerxes the Persian King.

At one point Xerxes threatened to call for a league of formidable fighters and their immortals to join the war if Leonidas refuses to surrender. Here he called the name of this nation of immortals, The Yorubas.

It sounded like he said The Europas, until you realize that Spartan and Greece back then were the Europas and so that could not be it. The movie script is rendered in American English and Ive had Black and White Americans listen to it and give opinion on what they heard. It ranged - Eurubas, Eurobas, Europas, Yurobas, Urobas, Yourrubas...

The congenity of the Yoruba, Greek/Latin lexicons and the co-occultic practices of Yoruba and Cannan is a definte hit placing the three axis (North Meditarranean, Mediterranean and Yoruba) in the same cultural spot in ancient geoposition. Canaan is the template.

Tony, Thanks for bringing that up.
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by ladionline: 8:55pm On Jan 08, 2014
^^Yarba or Yoruba. Meta, the Sango ephod may have been modified to bante over time, as this folksong shows: "Oni bante owo jingbinni, Oba koso". mum shared that with me, but I came across exactly the same song with Obaluaye, instead of Oba koso. Mum said the song belongs to Sango adherents, but the other source, Obaluaye pertains with Ota masquerade call Oya.
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by TonySpike: 9:18pm On Jan 08, 2014
Hi Metaphysical,

Et (Latin) - Ati (Yoruba) - And (English)

I believe the Phoenician influence must have had little effect on the Yoruba language. What we see are basically little word fragments which can be dispelled on the surface. Interesting stuff though.
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by macof(m): 6:11pm On Jan 09, 2014
MetaPhysical:

In a metaphysical sense, the cosmic world is a flooded dimension. We are carried in a vessel safely through the unseen but perceived deluge. Those that fail to board the vessel are drowned. The vessel is what OPON IFA is. In it you have TWO of every animal (possible permutations of events or ODU).

All the numbers and dimensions given to Noah are all cryptic messages for the ORACLE.

Divination started with Noah, Abraham spread it across the land. Moses canonized it.

True explicit study and you would realize Most Bible characters used Oracle but there's still no basis to conclude that Ifa is one and the same oracle of Ancient Semites.

Those any Ifa corpus state any character similar to Noah's personality?

According to Wat I heard from elders Orunmila developed Ifa in Ilesun(now Ado-Ekiti)
So are you saying Ekiti oral history is wrong or wat?

Ephod is just a bag or a sack or container in which must be kept the tools of divination. The tools as well as the bag are sacred and at all times must be maintained in a purified state.

Actually Yoruba priests carry two bags, the other one is called LABA - the bag of secrets!

Ephod is not just a bag, it's an actual clog worn and placed across the shoulders by priest and others during rituals and ceremony.

I haven't seen an actual ephod but I've seen pictures of it worn by ancient Hebrews

Do you have pictures of Laba since am not actually sure how it looks?
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by itstpia1: 3:30am On Aug 26, 2014
Radoillo: You all want to hear the truth? Here it is:

No ethnic group in Southern Nigeria can trace its origin to anywhere north of the West African Sahel region. If any Semitic trader/explorer ever wandered as far south as Yorubaland, it is highly improbable that they came in numbers large enough for us to speak of Yoruba origins and culture in terms of immigration of Semitic-speaking peoples. Any Semite who managed to have wandered into the area probably found Yoruba-speaking people already well-entrenched there, and simply disappeared in the mix.

But there's no evidence that a Semite ever came so far south!

There are undeniable evidence of Afroasiatic influence on Yoruba culture and language. But it is more likely that they came from Islamised people from Hausaland and Nupe, and not from any Canaan. Hausas still speak an Afroasiatic language, anyway.

Most of the 'linguistic' 'evidence' that has been advanced on this thread would simply be laughed at by professional linguists. (Obatala is Oba of Atlantis, etc etc. LMFAO! WTF)

Let's consider this picture:

Europeans came to parts of Nigerian Coast between 15th and early 19th centuries to trade in slaves. There's evidence that there was some 'interbreeding'. Some Kalabari and itsekiri people among other groups carry portuguese, dutch, french and british blood from that era. Portuguese Catholic influencence is still evident in the attire of the Bini nobility. Portuguese words still occur in the Itsekiri language. The Ijaws and the Efiks still bear Anglicanized names from that Period. Briggs and Blue-jack. Pepple and Allison. Duke and Henshaw. Bassey and Cobhams. European hats are still ubiquitous throughout the Delta as part of the traditional dress.

Now imagine that someone assembles all these 'evidence' and postulates that the Nigerian Coast was peopled from Europe between the 15th and the early 19th centuries. Would that someone be correct?

This needs to be re examined.
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by tpia1000: 1:22am On Jan 04, 2015
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by lawani: 6:17pm On Jun 24, 2015
Keep it simple and assume people who started oral traditions had a grip on themselves and are not fools or idiots.

A group of extra terrestrials landed on the very first patch of land above the oceans immediately or soon after the Earth became habitable. They named this place Ile Ife meaning where land started to expand. They were led by Obatala the most senior orisa. From here, humans spread across the Earth. Where that Ife known as Otu Ife was located is unknown. It was destroyed and the civilization lost, hence the name Ife Otu. The people of this Ife were humans but far more developed than us and could do things we may only imagine. Since the loss of that Ife, there have been many Ifes probably hundreds that have been established across the world. These are known as Ife Ooye. The Ife of the survivors. The present one is the one in Osun state Nigeria. The obvious rule in determining Ife is by chosing the one most prosperous of the cities of the people maintaining the tradition, then others would defer to her. This present Ife was originally known as Igbomokun before it became prominent as Ife. I think it rose to prominence as a result of production of Segi beads which made her prosperous. 140 kings have ruled since inception. 90 before Oduduwa and 50 since Oduduwa. That might stretch back to at least 4600 years back if they averaged 40 years on the throne. We however can not rule out earlier Obas ruling for centuries. This present Yoruba era is however 10057 years this year. The first leader is Obatala while the first crowned King was Orunmila who also landed from space from an extra terrestrial civilization. Orunmila was also seen as an incarnation of Obatala. Landing from space by aliens was fairly common back then.

Now to Oduduwa, keeping it simple again. One man arrived from Mecca, note Mecca and not Egypt or Ethiopia. Our ancestors knew Geography, the burial site of a monarch was discovered in Anambra dating to over 1000 years ago and evidence of trade with Egypt was found there. Many believe our ancestors referred to Egypt as Ejigbo. So Mecca is Mecca. The man who came from Mecca described himself to Ife people as a descendant of Nimrod, thesame way a Yoruba man will describe himself as a son of Oduduwa. This is because Nimrod could not have been his direct father. Nimrod was the most prominent man in the ancient middle East and they say of him that he ruled over all the Earth. He was credited with killing Huwawa the God who flooded the Earth by Sumerian legends. It is this man's name that Oduduwa used as a signature. Ife people christened him Oduduwa after recognising him as an incarnation of the deity Oduduwa. Incarnation is routine among the Yoruba. Also, the man might have been able to communicate with Ife people as Kemitic Egyptian was a form of Ife language by vocabulary and this man might have had a knowledge of the language.

To piece everything together we have to summon up the will to accept that people passing down oral traditions are not fools and they mean well. The Yoruba could accept a stranger as King because they see all humans as Ife diasporeans. The answer to all these questions lie in Ifa verses, if we search deep enough even if veiled. That is the purpose for which the body of knowledge has been passed down from generation to generation. People are often confused by seeming contradictions in Ifa. Portraying people as male, then later as female and etc but the reason is the occurrence of these people in more than one incarnations. Ogun is not less than seven for instance and that is not even mentioning Ewuare, the Oba of Benin. Obatala and Oduduwa also featured as both male and female. The notion that the bulk of the Yoruba migrated from somewhere else have no basis and there is no need to labour ourselves trying to find a basis for it.
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by London2011(f): 11:46am On Dec 26, 2015
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by lawani: 7:39pm On May 20, 2016
One thing is that the Yoruba came from Ile Ife or Ife. Maybe the original Ife is in Asia, Europe or South America may be debateable but it is Ife. We have spoken many languages in the past, the penultimate ones being Akokoid languages still in Ondo and Northern Edo state. The language we now speak is of Egyptian origin adopted the way we are now adopting English maybe 2 to 3 thousand years ago. Ptahhotep the most ancient recorded philosopher with a published work used that language. I will say a large number of Egyptians relocated back to where they consider home 2 to 3 thousand years ago and we adopted their language same way the Spanish, the French, Italian, Portuguese adopted Romance languages and Britain adopted a Germanic langiuage. The exact same way. The early Jews were Egyptians. Moses, David, Miriam were Egyptian origin names and the ancient Jews spoke an ancient form of Yoruba language before adopting Phoenician which is the ancestor of Hebrew, Arabic and etc.

Alleluyah obviously means same as Eriwoya which as someone pointed out, means 'Get out of the way if you are not an intiate!' Aya gbo Aya to Aya je means As we get out of the way we will grow old, we will grow right and we will get answers.

Eriwoya is the Ogboni cry. Ogboni belongs to Obatala. Oba patapata lode Iranje! Iba o! I will posit that when the irunmales landed on Earth, Obatala was the first Olu Awo while Ogun Laakaye was the first Olu of Ife or Olofin Aye. The Ogboni was the only party in Yoruba domains. A monarchy can not succeed without the Ogboni. The US is successful because the CIA operates like the Ogboni. The rule of the Ogboni. 'Igba omo ile ki e gbo o. Eni ba se ka ko ma lao, irinwo omo ile ki e gbo o, eni ba se ka ko mo la. Gbogbo omo ile ki e gbo o. E ma ma se ka ki e le la o. In an Ogboni if any resolution is unfair to anybody anywhere on Earth it will be rejected. So the Ogboni and the Eriwoya cry is as old as government in Yoruba land and Ife Ooyelagbo was inaugurated 10060 years ago as the first on Earth after Ife Oodaye was destroyed. Israel was inaugurated maybe around 4000 years ago by Egyptian monotheists who spoke an ancient Yoruba language hence the similarities in Eriwoya and Alleluyah as victory cries or sounds made when entering a city , Peter and Apata meaning rock. Daodu as David, Moremi as Miriam. I will say all were derived from Egypt and the Ife people later adopted an Egyptian language. That is where it ends. Judaism is descended from Pharaoh Akhenaten's religion in Kemitic Egypt that was banned after his demise. The Yoruba adopted the Kemitic Egyptian language 2 to 3 thousand years ago, hence the overlap. Our old language was Akokoid. Ife Ooyelagbo was in existence over 5 thousand years before Egypt and over 6000 years before Israel.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by lawani: 12:19am On May 21, 2016
To buttress the position of those who offered the meaning of Eriwoya, I will add a saying 'Ile je irin ma je oje. Oje di Eriwo'.

All Ogboni are omo ile ie children of the Earth. Iba ile o! Ile otete Langbua! Aterere kari aye. tooto. Je a gbo, Je a to. Ase. The Earth is the mother of all. Our Iya and we are all going to end up in its belly. We are Omo iya. So the Ogboni call themselves Omo ile or Omo iya. Everything rots when buried but Oje does not. Oje is lead. Iron rots, humans rots but Oje does not hence the saying 'Ile je irin ma joje. Oje di eriwo'. Which is saying that ile does not eat Oje and that Oje is Eriwo which is distinct from Omo ile. Oje represents the uninitiated who are not Omo ile. Oje di Eriwo. I think that seals the meaning of Eriwoya the Ogboni cry.
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by lawani: 12:34am On May 21, 2016
Odo does not always mean river. It is also used to describe a settlement of lower elevation above sea level. Esa odo is lower above sea level than Esa oke which is higher and wherever you see Ado odo, it means the settlement is lower in elevation above sea level than an adjacent settlement. Ijebu ode is prominent as in ode while Ijebu Igbo is in the countryside ie Igbo. Odi mean wall. So Mo nlo sehin odi means I am going behind the city walls. Mo nlo sode means I am going into the city or town and etc All ancient Yoruba cities were walled cities.

Ado (reh mih) means we settled here and was used to refer to human settlements. Ado (doh mih) is used to refer to Benin, it also means talisman as represented in the saying Atakoro wonu ado ko le mu omo e dani'. A magician who can vanish inside a talisman can not take his whole family along. Edo (doh mih) I think is the Benin rendition of Ado and is used there not in Yoruba land. The Alawiye family in Ipetu Ijesa my maternal grandma's family are saluted as Omo onile lAdo. They came from the old Benin, the one that spoke Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by lovejah: 9:46pm On Dec 26, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by mandarin: 10:47am On Nov 15, 2019
Well there are valuable insight concealed in that piece: today people says oduduwa came thru a chain from heaven. That tradition had not existed at Bowen's time because oduduwa has not been plucked from Yoruba classic. Sometime somewhere, odu'a gotta hang on d chain from heaven. When Awo started 'egbe omo oduduwa,' some Yoruba declared that olofin and not odu'a was the father of Yoruba.

May be the chain must have been from a ship when they seek - ''owa'' seeker, from the city of 'On' called Orun in Yoruba.
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by mandarin: 12:04pm On Nov 15, 2019
ladionline:
Well this exactly how fatomilola put it: ifa olokun asorodayo, eleri-ipin,... omo inajoko majerun. The witness of that event is Olokun, hence the name Olokungbajo, meaning "Olokun saved his contemporary" Now the people of ipetu-ijesha would say: awa la njudi nigba Olokun, awa lonje abori jagajigi. Awa londani ti ale eni nkoni, elegbe wa maitu o, aya gbogbo nso kule-kule.

Hit on this page again, a pointer to Exodus of Israelites or Hebrews from Egypt. Either the progenitors of this verse learnt from the Hebrew or were parts of that history. Having many pantheons or players in Yoruba history also mean many influence.

Olokun- Moses(pulled from the sea)
Ifa(Ephah- contain Urim & Thumim) - These two could mean the Ephah associated with Olokun or Moses, may be a historical narration of events involving Moses
Asorodayo- Turn things around to joy(oro means circumstance)
Eleri Ipin - Witness of division(not fate) division of the sea by Moses
Omo inajoko majerun- the burning fire and the bush not consumed- that is Moses

If you say Agboniregun is the father of Ifa could it mean the one who carry or throw the Urim and Thumim, that should be Aaron the Priest.
Can someone tell me something?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by mandarin: 12:54pm On Nov 15, 2019
[quote author=MetaPhysical post=20760435]

Have you thought about a baby in the womb. When sperms are released could be male or female into the 'water' of the ovum, the ones that catch it are fertilized and others are drowned. Just look at a baby in the womb, its the creation.

i see it in this dimension!
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by nlPoster: 1:33pm On Nov 15, 2019
Sperm can move but they are not designed to be sentient.

Note the difference.

Why too many sperms spoil the egg:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/how-we-do-it/201708/why-too-many-sperms-spoil-the-egg
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by mandarin: 4:48pm On Nov 15, 2019
You know when babies grow in the mother's womb, it descend into this world by the umbilical cords. The baby grows in the deep 'waters' of sojourn in its mother's womb. When sperms are released, one or few can ferterlize the egg and those that lost out are drown. Am i missing something?
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by nlPoster: 6:47pm On Nov 15, 2019
They disintegrate, same as the egg when no sperm is present.

Outside of the body, sperm cells cant stay that long.

Sperm consists of a single cell with DNA, my point is it doesnt have organs as if it's an actual human.

It's not sentient, just as the egg is not sentient.
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by Olu317(m): 5:44am On Nov 16, 2019
mandarin:

Hit on this page again, a pointer to Exodus of Israelites or Hebrews from Egypt. Either the progenitors of this verse learnt from the Hebrew or were parts of that history. Having many pantheons or players in Yoruba history also mean many influence.

Ifa(Ephah- contain Urim & Thumim) - These two could mean the Ephah associated with Olokun or Moses, may be a historical narration of events involving Moses

If you say Agboniregun is the father of Ifa could it mean the one who carry or throw the Urim and Thumim, that should be Aaron the Priest.

You see, the Ifaodu & Ephod is the same thing though the interpreters of the classic Hebrew are also with their own flaws whixh cannot be overlooked because the language is said to be in extinction which is also false. If Classic Hebrew is in extinction, how do they now translated the ones that they were able to ?

The point here is that many prominent Yoruba scholars( Professors/Ph.D, Maven etc ) are the problems with their concluded postulations because of doubt and assumption that Yoruba people of today are dark skin people and supposed to be from Africa whose offsprings are now in settlement in present day Nigeria and her environment in a nearly 98% homogeneous closely related settlement pattern.
Something of interest is that the language of Yoruba seemingly found in Arabic are thought to be loaned or shared between these two group,which was once raised by Al Ilori. While Arabic and Ancient Hebrew shared some lexicons too which showed the reality about the identity of the Yoruba's ancestors and their language that was brought to Africa and through th deep forested West Africa because Ancient Hebrew shared more Strong linguistics relationship with Yoruba more than it shares with Arabic .

The fact on ground according to oral narration and document presented by Sultan Bello in the early 18th century pointed at Yoruba as a people of ‘Khanan'. Shockingly as it is, Khanan is the same as kana and it meaning(same thing/same). Conton and Dierk Lange agreed to the fact that the Yoruba lifestyle pattern or mode of ritual practise are of the lost tribe of Israel . Indeed, there are so many words that are used daily which are of Middle/Near East origin found in both Arabic and Semitic Hebrew and the Semitic Hebrew is more evidently seen in Yoruba language which ought to be basis for all these Yoruba historians to move backward into pre 1200AD as to see the pattern employed by ancient Yorubas who were so unique in Africa because the Art work , Tradition, language of Yoruba etc which are closer to ancient Classic Hebrew, that are found in the scrolls taken away as war spoils when these invaders destroyed the first and the second Temple in Israel. It is of a fact that the ancient Hebrew language through interpretation by European/English interpreters showed thus far that Yoruba language is the biblical narrative of the chosen people of God. History has it that, 1604-1611, the Bible was translated to English through Middle Age Hebrew scroll and Greek interpretation to English language. The Book Bible is basically about self teaching or teaching moral to one's child, or morally upright which the Ancient Hebrew called ‘Torah' according to the Semitic writing in pictographs. This word is accurately fit into same meaning with Yoruba's word ‘Tora'/Tòr(Tò) for teaching/training/instruction to be morally upright.

On the name you pointed out as Olokun is a corrupted way of the name pronunciation because Yoruba of Oyo is the group which use the word O instead Èlúkun which is the actual name pronunciation before the drifting away by Oyo speakers. There are challenges to these drift which make the Yoruba language to dwell between the ancient( rural dwellers who speak the older dialect) and the modern speakers.Challenge as these rewriting the true identity of Yoruba is very important, since there are names whose footprint had been forgotten through time but still in memory of the elders of the Yoruba society via oral. Such name as Èbòrá which is equivalent to Biblical A-b-r-m or E-b-r-m. The same goes for Aroní( a mystical man in ancient Yoruba folklore) and the equivalent in Classic Hebrew. A more pronounced Ogun(,king of war/mighty man of valour) and the Classic Hebrew Og(warrior king/mighty man of war).

As far as I have seen, there are narrative that became muddled up with Ela; God, the creator who was the one who taught the ancient ancestors of the Yoruba on how to connect with him because some account claimed Agboniregun was the principal man who taught the world Ifaodu when in fact, IfaOdu is to draw out information from vessel or conduit the ‘base' or foundation of life( Aiye or Iye). This among other reasons I tend to suspect some later IfaoduYoruba priests who out of self interest tried so much to infuse Odua and Obatiseala into the cosmetic myth of creation which ought not be so because these two men died while Ela has no beginning nor end. This is the reason Ela is the one we worship in the morning when we pray which is traditionally called ‘bori' and Christian as well as Muslim know as prayer to God. Interestingly, Allah is Muslim name for God. Ella is ancient Hebrews name for God and the same Ela is ancient and still serve as modern name for God.

Another misleading information about the Yoruba is the Opa Oranmyian which was claimed to be a waking stick of the man. This information is nothing but fallacy as far as I have seen and read the inscriptions through the classic Semitic/pictographs/hieroglyphs language on it which is not about a walking stick but show that the inscriptions are information about a migrants Race that their descendants of today's people need to know where their original ancestors came from and their strength as a people of God.
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by Olu317(m): 6:19am On Nov 16, 2019
MetaPhysical:

There is a movie titled "300". It is a screenplay of an attack by Spartan and Greece against Persia. Leonidas was the Spartan King leading the campaign against Xerxes the Persian King.

At one point Xerxes threatened to call for a league of formidable fighters and their immortals to join the war if Leonidas refuses to surrender. Here he called the name of this nation of immortals, The Yorubas.

It sounded like he said The Europas, until you realize that Spartan and Greece back then were the Europas and so that could not be it. The movie script is rendered in American English and Ive had Black and White Americans listen to it and give opinion on what they heard. It ranged - Eurubas, Eurobas, Europas, Yurobas, Urobas, Yourrubas...

The congenity of the Yoruba, Greek/Latin lexicons and the co-occultic practices of Yoruba and Cannan is a definte hit placing the three axis (North Meditarranean, Mediterranean and Yoruba) in the same cultural spot in ancient geoposition. Canaan is the template.

Tony, Thanks for bringing that up.
Quite shocking! I didn't notice the word Yorubas, Eurubas, Eurobas, Europas, Yurobas, Urobas, Yourrubas(as the land of immortals... when I watched this movie. Can you remember the exact the scene where ‘Leonidas' say so? I want to review it.

What this could mean is that there were people of Yoruba ancestors who were part of the kingdom of Greece either before or during the era Greek invaded the Near East through Alexander (the great ). This is quite astonishing.
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by mandarin: 9:48am On Nov 18, 2019
Olu317:

You see, the Ifaodu & Ephod is the same thing though the interpreters of the classic Hebrew are also with their own flaws whixh cannot be overlooked because the language is said to be in extinction which is also false. If Classic Hebrew is in extinction, how do they now translated the ones that they were able to ?

The point here is that many prominent Yoruba scholars( Professors/Ph.D, Maven etc ) are the problems with their concluded postulations because of doubt and assumption that Yoruba people of today are dark skin people and supposed to be from Africa whose offsprings are now in settlement in present day Nigeria and her environment in a nearly 98% homogeneous closely related settlement pattern.
Something of interest is that the language of Yoruba seemingly found in Arabic are thought to be loaned or shared between these two group,which was once raised by Al Ilori. While Arabic and Ancient Hebrew shared some lexicons too which showed the reality about the identity of the Yoruba's ancestors and their language that was brought to Africa and through th deep forested West Africa because Ancient Hebrew shared more Strong linguistics relationship with Yoruba more than it shares with Arabic .

The fact on ground according to oral narration and document presented by Sultan Bello in the early 18th century pointed at Yoruba as a people of ‘Khanan'. Shockingly as it is, Khanan is the same as kana and it meaning(same thing/same). Conton and Dierk Lange agreed to the fact that the Yoruba lifestyle pattern or mode of ritual practise are of the lost tribe of Israel . Indeed, there are so many words that are used daily which are of Middle/Near East origin found in both Arabic and Semitic Hebrew and the Semitic Hebrew is more evidently seen in Yoruba language which ought to be basis for all these Yoruba historians to move backward into pre 1200AD as to see the pattern employed by ancient Yorubas who were so unique in Africa because the Art work , Tradition, language of Yoruba etc which are closer to ancient Classic Hebrew, that are found in the scrolls taken away as war spoils when these invaders destroyed the first and the second Temple in Israel. It is of a fact that the ancient Hebrew language through interpretation by European/English interpreters showed thus far that Yoruba language is the biblical narrative of the chosen people of God. History has it that, 1604-1611, the Bible was translated to English through Middle Age Hebrew scroll and Greek interpretation to English language. The Book Bible is basically about self teaching or teaching moral to one's child, or morally upright which the Ancient Hebrew called ‘Torah' according to the Semitic writing in pictographs. This word is accurately fit into same meaning with Yoruba's word ‘Tora'/Tòr(Tò) for teaching/training/instruction to be morally upright.

On the name you pointed out as Olokun is a corrupted way of the name pronunciation because Yoruba of Oyo is the group which use the word O instead Èlúkun which is the actual name pronunciation before the drifting away by Oyo speakers. There are challenges to these drift which make the Yoruba language to dwell between the ancient( rural dwellers who speak the older dialect) and the modern speakers.Challenge as these rewriting the true identity of Yoruba is very important, since there are names whose footprint had been forgotten through time but still in memory of the elders of the Yoruba society via oral. Such name as Èbòrá which is equivalent to Biblical A-b-r-m or E-b-r-m. The same goes for Aroní( a mystical man in ancient Yoruba folklore) and the equivalent in Classic Hebrew. A more pronounced Ogun(,king of war/mighty man of valour) and the Classic Hebrew Og(warrior king/mighty man of war).

As far as I have seen, there are narrative that became muddled up with Ela; God, the creator who was the one who taught the ancient ancestors of the Yoruba on how to connect with him because some account claimed Agboniregun was the principal man who taught the world Ifaodu when in fact, IfaOdu is to draw out information from vessel or conduit the ‘base' or foundation of life( Aiye or Iye). This among other reasons I tend to suspect some later IfaoduYoruba priests who out of self interest tried so much to infuse Odua and Obatiseala into the cosmetic myth of creation which ought not be so because these two men died while Ela has no beginning nor end. This is the reason Ela is the one we worship in the morning when we pray which is traditionally called ‘bori' and Christian as well as Muslim know as prayer to God. Interestingly, Allah is Muslim name for God. Ella is ancient Hebrews name for God and the same Ela is ancient and still serve as modern name for God.

Another misleading information about the Yoruba is the Opa Oranmyian which was claimed to be a waking stick of the man. This information is nothing but fallacy as far as I have seen and read the inscriptions through the classic Semitic/pictographs/hieroglyphs language on it which is not about a walking stick but show that the inscriptions are information about a migrants Race that their descendants of today's people need to know where their original ancestors came from and their strength as a people of God.

Impressive.
The brickwalls of decoding old inscriptions and language is in the transformation from east to west of Yoruba country. Limiting the prefix such that 'u' is eliminated etc will only leave us frustrated. I will take for instance ' Eledua' or ' Eledumare' would be the correct not 'Olodumare'
That could me Obiri laye would probably be Ebiri laye. Now, the Ebora you mentioned when I see the amin on them is not in pronounciation as we know, kindly clarify, that would sound like Abram to me.
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by mandarin: 9:57am On Nov 18, 2019

Yoruba often find a way to make amends in history but such often distort historical naratives and confuse oncoming generations. Sir, can uyou kindly brief us things we should know about these:
Oduduwa
Oranyan
Agboniregun
Orunmila
Ela
Irunmole
ogun( if this personality id Og in Bible narratives that would be Og the King of Bashan, a powerful king overtaken by Joshua)
Owa people : The people in eastern Yoruba euologies are omo owa( seekers i guess)
And any other perspectives that would help us especially about the Ephod
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by Olu317(m): 4:49pm On Nov 18, 2019
mandarin:

Impressive.
The brickwalls of decoding old inscriptions and language is in the transformation from east to west of Yoruba country. Limiting the prefix such that 'u' is eliminated etc will only leave us frustrated. I will take for instance ' Eledua' or ' Eledumare' would be the correct not 'Olodumare'
That could me Obiri laye would probably be Ebiri laye. Now, the Ebora you mentioned when I see the amin on them is not in pronounciation as we know, kindly clarify, that would sound like Abram to me.

Yes you are right about the name ẹ́lú- ẹ́ -dú -mà -rẹ́ as being the correct form even if both mean the same. Although there are :

1. àlẹ́ or ẹ́lẹ́
Meaning: mighty/almighty/strong/powerful

Then here is the proper breakdown of ‘ẹ́lú- ẹ́ -dú -mà -rẹ́'

2. ẹ́lú
Meaning: Lord

ẹ́
Meaning: the/it

Meaning: conduit/base/vessel/mystery void

mà:
Meaning:act/do/

rẹ́ :this

2. The Yoruba interchange ‘à'and ‘ẹ̀' at times which you can see from the above illustration. This is also found amongst the early ancient Hebrew's foundational alphabets. The aleph ' א‘ is the first letter of the Hebrew alephbet. This consonant is silent and pronounced ‘ah'/ ‘eh', though then ‘aleph' is written in the pictographs as ' א‘, al or el which is translated to mean,‘ mighty/strength/powerful'. During the early stage, all Hebrew's alphabets didn't have a diacritics called Nikkut dot, before gradual translation through research work though with some error to different languages such as Aramaic, Greek,Roman-Latin, English etc. So, this explain the reason ẹ̀bọrà‘m' ̀or àbọrà‘m could pass for Hebrew's e-b-r-m or a-b-r-m. Interestingly, Ora(brighten/shine/light/ in Yoruba is also evident in ancient Hebrew's as Or/Orah(light/shine/sun light. The beauty of this information is Ora was and still anciently used as a prefix or as suffix in Yoruba language ,even till forever. In the same manner or is synonym with ancient Hebrew's name.

3. ẹ́lẹ́dúa contraction of ẹ́lẹ́dúwa; mighty one with a just character,compassionate, loving, untainted personality without flaws. Shockingly, YHWH is actually the word ,Yoruba ancestors were calling. This name is another name of God. How do I know? : there is an alphabet called Yud. And this yud is a "y" as a consonant or an "i’ as a vowel. According to scholars,tge ‘y' is always used in the beginning of word if it is found. While the ‘i' is used in between.

Note:
It is important to emphasise, despite the fact that it is assumed that the Hebrew Semitic language is in extinction, which is I found that the language of the Semitic people is being spoken by Yoruba people in modern day Nigeria, which I found shocking too. Though there are argument amongst the western scholars on the identity of the Yoruba people which prompted heavy research being carried out on them being tagged as the most researched ethnic group in Subsahara Africa. And research is still being carried out on Yoruba people till today. It eeven went to another dimension when Yoruba Dna is always being separated from Bantu group because scientific evidence does not support Pygmy bloodline amongst Yoruba people and other discoveries that are yet to be released, despite over thousands of years of Yoruba in Africa.

As far as the research world is concerned, the Yoruba people is a stand alone ethnic group in Africa and these historians as well as western geneticists understood Yoruba people more than Yoruba scholars do because these Yoruba scholars always want to pin Yoruba to west Africa or Africa as the base of origin. This is the reason Yoruba's claim as the foundational mankind can't pass beyond fallacy because evidence showed Berbers land of Morocco ,followed by Ethiopia and closely followed by Israel remain the order of the oldest place where humans fossil are found on earth.
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by mandarin: 5:00pm On Nov 21, 2019
ale - to mean strength is Ondo/Ikale
du - vessel/base is Ekiti as in Odu to mean pot usually large pot variants of this are usha, ishaashun, ukere, amu, oru etc

Am completely taken aback but the Yoruba has variant of tribes and would you think all the tribes poses such trouble in the DNA that you mentioned?
Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by Olu317(m): 7:11am On Nov 22, 2019
Trust me, Yoruba language is a continuum language, though it drift slightly from their archaic form of spoken but does conform with the dialect spoken by Oyo people. A typical example : Oyo and modern Yoruba township says, in question: ta ni( who is),while the largest Yoruba dialects speakers says, e si ye-n/ e si wa ( it is who?).

As far as I am concern the Yoruba are the people with the highest pride in the world because they don't feel inferior to anyone,which has been proved through research work. I have never seen a Yoruba person that feel subdued mentally or ideologically by any ethnic group in the world.
Though the Yoruba aknowledge people, no matter how truth hurt. This is the reason, Idoko (Nupe) are acknowledged because Yoruba met these people,despite Yoruba's superior knowledge and establishment of kingdoms without tampering with these people's way of life. Funnily, Yoruba use Ifaodu as a leverage to teach people Yoruba language, which was the modus operandi for assimilation of somw of these people into Yoruba's family through intermarriages. This is the reason, you can find different ethnic group who migrated to Yoruba enclave to dwell and accept their form of worshipping God.This is reason, that you will notice Yoruba will always acknowledge the difference between them ,Nupe, Hausa Idoko or Gu(ègun) people because Yoruba have Oriki(panegyric), which they don't have until contact with Yoruba via marriage ; either through patrilineal or matrilineal.

Ale is not only used in Ekimogun and Ikale because it is general word which is same in all Yoruba lexicon. This is the yoruba dialects is the toast of the rural people. Though Oyo, use ‘ole' to identify the same meaning, it is still within the same language. Surprisingly, the foundation of Yoruba settlement is their statement on such land. The ancient Yoruba identify ere(land which has mud to be used for art work), ule/ile( land for where to inhabit,ule/Ile( place of habitation), ode( foundation of one's settlement,O ba(one that reign over,lord etc. Interestingly, Oyo and general Yoruba use ode as synonymous with going out or to go partying, when in fact, Yoruba major dialects don't agree with this drift from Oyo speakers. This is reason that I discovered some erroneous words among Yoruba.

Shocking information on the word, ‘baba', is a word that's used for priest, father in Indus valley,Arabia or as mother in part of Europe. Amongst, Nigeria , Yoruba use it as father's father, priest, highly respected man. Among the t Hausa language which is classified as Asiatic (Afro-Asia), use the word for father. The fact is, Yoruba ancestors brought this word to West Africa and Hausa picked it. The reason, I know this is that Hausa language is infiltrated with Islamic value and words. Unlike Yoruba people that have Ifaodu as the teacher's language. The Yoruba people's language is actually the teacher's language in Africa .It is a fallacy of the highest order to think Ibo and Yoruba language developed along same line when in fact, Yoruba language infiltrated the Ibo language, and they loaned words from Yoruba speakers which make some scholars to ignorantly assume Yoruba parted ways with Ibo's language some years ago.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by Olu317(m): 4:13pm On Nov 22, 2019
mandarin:

Yoruba often find a way to make amends in history but such often distort historical naratives and confuse oncoming generations. Sir, can uyou kindly brief us things we should know about these:
Oduduwa
Oranyan
Agboniregun
Orunmila
Ela
Irunmole
ogun( if this personality id Og in Bible narratives that would be Og the King of Bashan, a powerful king overtaken by Joshua)
Owa people : The people in eastern Yoruba euologies are omo owa( seekers i guess)
And any other perspectives that would help us especially about the Ephod

Oduduwa:
This name flips between odudawa(odudua/odua) or dawaodu(daodu). And the name's origin is found both in ancient time in Near East and presently in Yoruba land in Nigeria. Interestingly, the man is seen as the progenitor of yoruba people and with the legitimate kingly title of Òoni(Àani); owner, wealthy, wealth,etc., although the title of bà or o bà is a generic identity which means king, lord , father, reign over, domineer etc is an absolute Yoruba word for a king. However, it is important to inform that this personality was the second king in term of priest king leader,who became known as the first priest-king in Yoruba's ancestors history. This doesn't mean there were no leaders before these two people but the past leaders didn't operated as full fledged King. According to a source of, ‘The Ikedu oral history text addressing Ife’s history (an annotated kings list transposed from the early Ife dialect; Akinjogbin n.d.) indicates that it was during the reign of Ife’s 46th king—what appears to be two rulers prior to the famous King Obalufon II that this violent civil war broke out that Odudua emerged as the king. Therefore, they were about 43 priest leaders before Odudua.

Oranyan:
History has it that odèdé , popularly known as, ora ni mi yah is his name, who was a name of a descendant of Odudua via Ogun La ka àyé's descent. He was said to be mightily strong both physically and spiritually . A prince with legitimate crown who was a mercenary. He left Ileife to establish Yoruba's O bá dynasty both in Igodomigodo known alternatively as Edo and Oyo to later returned back to Ileife to be crowned as Ooni.

Agboniregun:
The name agbon -ire- ogun is claimed amongst some set of ifaodu priests as the pioneer ifaodu priest. Interestingly, around 18th century, among different postulation about different views of the pioneer ifaodu priest . The major problem is that many people were assimilated into Yoruba family, who were servants from distant lands as votaries of Yoruba ancestors method of worshipping God which is heavily embedded in ifaodu,which is the more reason we find people referred to Ifaodu as oduifa. Furthermore it was said that one of the pioneer of ifaodu is shetila,who came to Ileife and was said to be a blind Nupe man and founder of ifaodu .Funnily, in Nupe land, there were no speaker of any form of Yoruba language in the ancient times nor any Shetila. The truth is that the pioneer of ifaodu priest was Ebiora/Ebora), who was the actual founder of Yoruba Race from the land Oru in the middle East, amongst the people of Aryan Race,whom the Yoruba addressed as Eniyan.

Orunmila :
This is a descriptive word of how the Eluron/Olorun(God) who domineer over the mystery of life and spirit world who is the God of creation that formed the earth through a complex part of him in the personality known as Ela. Ora un mi Ela is creator of mankind and his creation word is what is known as purity or light break forth light known and called ‘Ala'. In the Yoruba's ifaodu, the creator Ela is the one who created everything that has all to do with good or ills. He formed purity, holiness and fashion the fate of mankind on earth via Ala in what's is known as eleri ipin. This is explained the reason Orisha is what we as human worship in the morning. This orisa is the prayers rendered every morning in Yoruba's knowledge of good or evil. Each day, we pray for success, longlife, good health, peace of mind etc devoid of evil.

Ela:
This the name of creator and personality as above is same though the above name is a description of how things came to existence through Ela and the manifestation by ‘Ala'.

Irumole: Imale
This is an ancestral worship associated with God. Unfortunately, Many Yoruba Christians oriented and their Muslim counterpart ignorantly assumed, ancestral veneration are demonic,when in fact, people of old communicated with God via Shebo(ritual) while Ruruebo/Rubo is the ascension of it ,and prayer being offered to God for the acceptance.

Owa
It is a corruption of Iwa or Uwa. A name identified with Almighty God. This name is a perfectionist identity of God which is flawless,just, compassionate and every attribute of goodness. This is a name appeared as suffix in the progenitor of Yoruba; Da uwa odu Odu da uwa(Da'odu). At a point in time, descendants of Ooni Oshi imole picked up this name to identify with him either through patrilineal or matrilineal as a form of panegyric which is solely of Ooni's lineage.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Origin, History and Canaanland connection. by Opiletool(m): 7:07pm On Nov 25, 2019
mandarin:

Since it was written in the Bible that Moses means 'I picked from the river (Nile)', could Moses mean 'Mose Nilę' in Yoruba? Or 'Mosha (Musa) Nilę'? Could 'Nilę' now mean Nile?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Lagos King, Oniba Of Iba, Brags With His Gold Chain, Dance Gbefun At Party / Ladi Kwali:The Woman on The N20 Note / Oore Of Mobaland: Only Person Who's Qualified To Break The News Of Ooni's Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 172
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.