Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,731 members, 7,955,781 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:54 PM

Lies Told By 'Jesus' - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lies Told By 'Jesus' (4876 Views)

Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus / 6 Laws Broken By Jesus Christ In The Bible / The Many Lies Told By Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by Rossikk(m): 6:19pm On Jul 18, 2013
Dapo777: Apostle paul warns us against wolves like Rossikk,Alfa seltzer,Tuagbo,Folykaze,Ooman and the rest that havent shown up in Romans 16:17-20 Now I urge you,brethren,keep your eye on those who cause dissensions and hindrances contrary to the teaching which you learned,and turn away from them.For such men are SLAVES,not of our Lord Christ but of their own appetites;and by their smooth and flattering speech they deceive the hearts of the unsuspecting.For the report of your obedience has reached to all;therefore I am rejoicing over you,but I want you to be wise in what is good,and innocent in what is evil.And the God of peace will soon crush satan under your feet.The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.

Take your dirty, fake, bullshiit quotes and stick em up your asss. Slaveboy with no brain quoting rubbish whose origins his dumb head knows nothing about. I bet you think your ancestors are all roasting in fire now, since they were all ''evil'' and ''knew not my oyibo imported tokunbo 'saviour'''. Feckless, brainwashed dummy.

3 Likes

Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by Rossikk(m): 6:29pm On Jul 18, 2013
Joagbaje:

Jesus never lied. You just don't understand the bible that's all . There are balances in the scriptures and there are CONDITIONS attached to promises. Lets help you here a little. Even though you may not understand full . Because you can understand spiritual things mentally as a non christian .

1 Corinthians 2:14
For the natural man is not able to take in the things of the Spirit of God: for they seem foolish to him, and he is not able to have knowledge of them, because such knowledge comes only through the Spirit.

If you observe the highlighted part. The CONDITION There is faith and believing. And such responsibility is not on Gods side , it's on the believer side. Faith must be absolute without doubt.

All things are possible when you have faith without doubt. Peter had FAITH and walked on the water but when DOUBT came the miracle fail ,he sank even right in the presence of Jesus .

Matthew 14:31
. . . . Immediately Jesus reached out His hand, caught hold of him, and said to him, “You of little faith, why did you doubt?”

This is also based on condition . So get the balance.

Firstly it must be asked in faith : I just explained that

Secondly it must be according to Gods will: whatever you desire must not be contrary to Gods purpose.

1 John 5:14
And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

And thirdly it must be with a right motive .. You can ask and not receive if its not based on love or right motive.

[color=#90000]James 4:3
Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.
[/color]

This is how far I can go for now, I hope this will be of help to you . I pray that God will visit you and grant you understanding .

THE PEOPLE YOU ARE QUOTING, GUESS WHAT? THERE IS ZERO EVIDENCE THEY EVER LIVED. Including your precious mythical character 'Jesus'.

James? Who is James? Who is Paul? Where is your evidence that any of these characters lived? Do you realise that nobody knows who wrote that New Testament you're quoting profusely like it came out of your kitchen?

Do you realise that when the scrolls were 'discovered' they were ANONYMOUS? And that 'John, Matthew, Luke' etc are all just names that were dreamt up and attached to the scrolls?

Did your pastor ever tell you this?

Of course he didn't. Why, he's probably as deluded as yourself!

I mean if you can't be bothered to research this BASIC INFORMATION in this day of free internet access, then you have a problem, and certainly are in no position to ''help out'' anyone.

2 Likes

Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by Rossikk(m): 8:13pm On Jul 18, 2013
''None of the Gospel authors is thought to be an eyewitness, and none claims to be. There is a broad consensus that many of the books of the New Testament were not written by the people whose names are attached to them. The Gospels were originally anonymous, and names were not ascribed to them until around 185 CE. None of them was written in Palestine..''

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Testament

How many pastors have ever told these undisputed facts to their congregations?

Not many I can imagine.

Wouldn't be good for 'business' would it?

''None of them was written in Palestine..''

True, and no European-named characters like Matthew, James, John and Luke ever walked the dusty, sun-drenched roads of the Middle East as disciples of anyone!

1 Like

Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by Nobody: 12:57am On Jul 19, 2013
@Rossikk, you keep on saying that Jesus is mythical,that He is an imaginary figure,can you please give concrete evidence for that statement.According to that same wikipedia which is your own book of life,the new testament was written by the apostles of Jesus of nazareth,so why do you state otherwise,did you read that article at wikipedia at all?It is also in that same wikipedia,which is your book of life,that the history of Jesus Christ is also made known of.Please read the article on Jesus Christ on wikipedia since wikipedia is your own book of life. Rossikk you claim that if there is no evidence for the past existence of someone,then that person is mythical,please Rossikk can you give me the evidence that Soccrates the father of philosophy,master of Rossikk ever existed?If you cant then Soccrates is mythical and all your believes and assertions are mere fabrications.Please be logical in your approach.

2 Likes

Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by Nobody: 1:13am On Jul 19, 2013
Or havent you heard of the chronology of Jesus' life.If you havent,go and read it in wikipedia.There are so many records of Jesus' life and lots of histories written about the life of Jesus from when and where He was born and how He was crucified at the order of the pilates.Please read all these things well at wikipedia if you have so much faith in wikipedia,and stop misinforming people with your fabricated assertions.Please.
Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by Joagbaje(m): 7:33am On Jul 19, 2013
Rossikk:

THE PEOPLE YOU ARE QUOTING, GUESS WHAT? THERE IS ZERO EVIDENCE THEY EVER LIVED. Including your precious mythical character 'Jesus'.

James? Who is James? Who is Paul? Where is your evidence that any of these characters lived? Do you realise that nobody knows who wrote that New Testament you're quoting profusely like it came out of your kitchen?

Do you realise that when the scrolls were 'discovered' they were ANONYMOUS? And that 'John, Matthew, Luke' etc are all just names that were dreamt up and attached to the scrolls?

Did your pastor ever tell you this?

Of course he didn't. Why, he's probably as deluded as yourself!

I mean if you can't be bothered to research this BASIC INFORMATION in this day of free internet access, then you have a problem, and certainly are in no position to ''help out'' anyone.

Jesus lives ,he lives in me. He saves ,heals and deliver. If you want to see the evidence of his power , I will give you an invitation. Reach me through my mail.

1 Like

Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:01am On Jul 19, 2013
Joagbaje:

Jesus lives ,he lives in me. He saves ,heals and deliver. If you want to see the evidence of his power , I will give you an invitation. Reach me through my mail.

Let me guess. Your email ends with yahoo.com?

4 Likes

Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by ooman(m): 8:27am On Jul 19, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Let me guess. Your email ends with yahoo.com?

mumu
Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 19, 2013
ooman:

mumu

LOL. Ooman don carry vex and butthurt come from pseudoscience thread come here o.
To be frank, Alfa seltzer, that ur comment was lame. The worst attempt at humour I have seen this week.

1 Like

Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:11am On Jul 19, 2013
PhenomenonVFX:

LOL. Ooman don carry vex and butthurt come from pseudoscience thread come here o.
To be frank, Alfa seltzer, that ur comment was lame. The worst attempt at humour I have seen this week.

Which one?
Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:12am On Jul 19, 2013
ooman:

mumu

ooman, please leave me alone. I am not a goat supplier. Try farmers.

2 Likes

Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by Areaboy2(m): 10:15am On Jul 19, 2013
PhenomenonVFX:

something is wrong with that statement but i cant figure out what undecided

vex and butthurt?

1 Like

Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by Nobody: 11:43am On Jul 19, 2013
Area_boy:

something is wrong with that statement but i cant figure out what undecided

vex and butthurt?

Something is wrong with ur comprehension and I cant figure out what. undecided

Are u worried about a simple case of tautology (which it neccessarily isnt) or u were just having an isolated case of itchy-fingers hence feeling the need to type something in order to ameliorate it?

Pray tell, o pedantic one, what do u think is wrong with it?
Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by noblefada: 4:18pm On Jul 19, 2013
Very funny all I see in this bunch of anti-christ guys is serious ignorance and in- comprehension! its amazes me how the bible clearly prophesied about this lot, who knowing nothing are puffed up with their ignorance! one saying Christ did not exist and another saying He is a liar bunch of confused dudes.
@Rossikk u sud be ashamed of urself, first u said Jesus was a liar, only to come back in the same thread to say he didn't exist and all the people u quoted earlier did not exist, so which one sud we believe?
Like I said earlier to logicboy and the rest anti-christ crusaders, you can't discredit or prove the bible to be wrong or a lie n I will take on any of you and all of you, anytime and expose ur ignorance.
Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by noblefada: 6:33pm On Jul 19, 2013
FOLYKAZE: Adding :

In Luke 23:43 Jesus said to the thief on the cross, "Today shalt thou be with me in paradise." This obviously has to be false, for Jesus was supposed to lay dead in the tomb for three days following his crucifixion.
Ignorance! Jesus was not telling any lie, paradise is another word for Abraham's bosom (Luke 16: 19-32) and it was found in the regions of Hades (the place of the dead) and was the place all those who believed and hoped in Jesus went to before His death and resurrection, hence when the thief believed, Jesus simply told him the outcome. And that's the beauty of Christianity who you need to be saved is simply believing in Jesus.
Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by noblefada: 7:15pm On Jul 19, 2013
ooman: And Jesus said the holy spirit could not come except he left..John 16v7.. but the holy spirit was already present even before jesus was born..Luke 1v41

The Holy Spirit has always been in the earth, but however was never indwelling any man (living inside anyone) so Christ had to go away to fulfill what was necessary for the Spirit to indwell His believers ( Joh 14:16-17 UKJV 16: And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17: Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it sees him not, neither knows him: but all of you know him; for he dwells with you, and shall be in you), and this he achieved when He died & rose again and in Acts 2:1-4, His disciples then received the indwelling of the Holy Spirit! Now tell me where is the lie in this?
Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 19, 2013
[quote
author=noblefada]

The Holy Spirit has always been in the earth, but however was never
indwelling any man (living inside anyone) so Christ had to go away to
fulfill what was necessary for the Spirit to indwell His believers ( Joh
14:16-17 UKJV 16: And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you
another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17: Even the
Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it sees him not,
neither knows him: but all of you know him; for he dwells with you, and
shall be in you), and this he achieved when He died & rose again
and in Acts 2:1-4, His disciples then received the indwelling of the
Holy Spirit! Now tell me where is the lie in this?[/quote] @ noblefada u be correct man,abeg help me lead the confused antichrist along the right path before their doom meets up with them.
Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by Rossikk(m): 11:08pm On Jul 19, 2013
Dapo777: @Rossikk, you keep on saying that Jesus is mythical,that He is an imaginary figure,can you please give concrete evidence for that statement.According to that same wikipedia which is your own book of life,the new testament was written by the apostles of Jesus of nazareth,so why do you state otherwise,did you read that article at wikipedia at all?It is also in that same wikipedia,which is your book of life,that the history of Jesus Christ is also made known of.Please read the article on Jesus Christ on wikipedia since wikipedia is your own book of life. Rossikk you claim that if there is no evidence for the past existence of someone,then that person is mythical,please Rossikk can you give me the evidence that Soccrates the father of philosophy,master of Rossikk ever existed?If you cant then Soccrates is mythical and all your believes and assertions are mere fabrications.Please be logical in your approach.

First, wikipedia is a source of sources, not a primary source, so it cannot be anyone's ''book of life''. Second, there is nothing in wikipedia that proves the existence of Jesus. All they did was recount the stories, claims and accounts related to the NT.

They then ended it with the words:

''None of the Gospel authors is thought to be an eyewitness, and none claims to be. There is a broad consensus that many of the books of the New Testament were not written by the people whose names are attached to them. The Gospels were originally anonymous, and names were not ascribed to them until around 185 CE. None of them was written in Palestine..''

So basically, that's like me spinning you a yarn about some really incredible, magical occurrences, and then at the end of my gripping tale, I end it with ''Hey dude...I just made that all up''.

But you're so hypnotized and bamboozled by my tale, that those last, cautionary words fail to register...

As for Socrates, we know he lived because numerous records were left by his CONTEMPORARIES, regarding his activities. People like Plato, Aristotle etc lived at the same time as Socrates and wrote extensively about him. Plato was his student!

In the case of 'Jesus' there is not a single word written about him until at least 70 AD, ie 70 years after he was supposed to have 'ascended' to 'heaven'. None of the gospel writers was an eyewitness. ''And none claimed to be''. All testimonies regarding 'Jesus' derive from HEARSAY several decades AFTER the alleged events. There is no SINGLE credible eyewitness report on Jesus made by anyone who actually claimed to have seen him, either in the bible or outside.

4 Likes

Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by edcode(f): 12:21am On Jul 20, 2013
Case of what we believe to be real. Some keep believing even if real facts and reason tell otherwise. A kilogram of lead weighs as much a kilogram of cotton. Fact. Even if it seems otherwise. All powerful GOOD and LOVING god that permits evil. Fact? Maybe. But escuses have to be made. You can believe in santa claus or the WWE (yes the WWE). OK. But PLEASE keep your stupidity to yourself. Christians,especially, in the mornings on my way to work. Had to say.
Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by Nobody: 12:57am On Jul 20, 2013
Rossikk:

First, wikipedia is a source of sources, not a primary source, so it cannot be anyone's ''book of life''. Second, there is nothing in wikipedia that proves the existence of Jesus. All they did was recount the stories, claims and accounts related to the NT.

They then ended it with the words:

So basically, that's like me spinning you a yarn about some really incredible, magical occurrences, and then at the end of my gripping tale, I end it with ''Hey dude...I just made that all up''.

But you're so hypnotized and bamboozled by my tale, that those last, cautionary words fail to register...

As for Socrates, we know he lived because numerous records were left by his CONTEMPORARIES, regarding his activities. People like Plato, Aristotle etc lived at the same time as Socrates and wrote extensively about him. Plato was his student!

In the case of 'Jesus' there is not a single word written about him until at least 70 AD, ie 70 years after he was supposed to have 'ascended' to 'heaven'. None of the gospel writers was an eyewitness. ''And none claimed to be''. All testimonies regarding 'Jesus' derive from HEARSAY several decades AFTER the alleged events. There is no SINGLE credible eyewitness report on Jesus made by anyone who actually claimed to have seen him, either in the bible or outside.
thanks for this Rossikk. You never fail to teach open-minded learners like me.

3 Likes

Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by ooman(m): 9:24am On Jul 20, 2013
noblefada:

The Holy Spirit has always been in the earth, but however was never indwelling any man (living inside anyone) so Christ had to go away to fulfill what was necessary for the Spirit to indwell His believers ( Joh 14:16-17 UKJV 16: And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17: Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it sees him not, neither knows him: but all of you know him; for he dwells with you, and shall be in you), and this he achieved when He died & rose again and in Acts 2:1-4, His disciples then received the indwelling of the Holy Spirit! Now tell me where is the lie in this?

sorry but this isn't true. Luke 1v41 says the holy spirit was already in Lizzy(Elizabeth) so try again.

1 Like

Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by noblefada: 11:00am On Jul 20, 2013
@Rossikk stop this nonsense that Jesus never existed because there a lot of evidence he did, just spend more time doing ur research, even the Koran and Jews gave evidence he did and the place he walk while on earth are still there. For your information the bible were by only Jews who gave accurate happenings in those esp the NT. But let me tell you this, the bible is self sustaining and self confirming and those not need outside historians or academicians to verify its authenticity. You know why, because in the bible all event were foretold long before they happened by different people at different times, which were accurate predictions and also in the bible are predictions for ur times which are being fulfilled more are still to be fulfilled and that why till date there is no other book like the bible.
By the way a guess u missed my earlier reply or may be ur still confused.
Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by noblefada: 11:17am On Jul 20, 2013
ooman:

sorry but this isn't true. Luke 1v41 says the holy spirit was already in Lizzy(Elizabeth) so try again.

I guess u're having problems comprehending the scriptures! u see b4 Acts 2:1 everyone else had the Spirit upon and not the Spirit within, meaning the Holy Spirit only came on them at certain times to perform certain function and left afterwards but now we've the Holy Spirit permanently dwelling in us as 1 Cor 6:19 says we're the temple of the Holy Ghost. Pls stop showing ur ignorance in public.
Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 20, 2013
@noblefada; didn't Jesus say in the gospels that the holy spirit lives [within] in the disciples? Didn't Jesus say to them 'receive the holy spirit'? both incidences occurred in the gospels and gospels are supposed to be before acts, because in acts Jesus was no more there with them, but he was throughout the gospels.

how is it possible that what was supposed to be in them and with them forever suddenly left them? who is being disingenuous here? something is wrong because somebody or some group is lying. Did Jesus speak the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth about the holy spirit, or did Paul and you are the ones tell us the truth?

Jesus contain the holy spirit to only those disciples. You just said it departed from them and now rest in you, permanently because you accept what Paul said while disregarding what Jesus said.

I am going to take a leap of faith here based on Quran; what Jesus truly said was changed to first contained it to a holy spirit that does not talk and need not to listen because it is from the trinitarian concept. This way no one who comes in later in the world could possibly be deemed as the one spoken about by Jesus to restore monotheism to its original quality.

when the community realized that it makes those who will come into the fold of christianity as was later identified, they had to prolong the 'holy spirit' to a stretch where it will touch everyone that accepts what Paul imposed. With all of that, these holy ghost infected people, you included mr noblefada are not morally better than those of us without at all. i guess the effect of the holy ghost is zero if you ask me.

In my humble opinion to you mr. noblefada, since you are a 'noble' man with the holy ghost going and coming in you, people lied and their lies they dump on Jesus to carry for them as well as the wooden cross, so on the face of it, they seem legitimate. They know he is not able to defend himself against these lies until God let him returns. But by then, those whose who have accept it all would have been in billions and have passed on with the lies. Paul had been victorious over them, being a helper against Jesus. He had lied to make in his own word "so that God is gloried"!

"For if the truth of God hath more abounded by my lie unto his glory, why yet am I also adjudged a sinner?" – St. Paul, Romans 3.7. - See more at: http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/lying.htm#sthash.9xIMFNEI.dpuf

Its shameful to propose that you are better than the disciples of Jesus because the holy spirit resides in you while I am sure you are not beyond temptations of every kind and you are proposing the disciples lost the holy spirit.

Holy spirit, in the context of what Jesus said should be expected was a God sent spiritual man, a prophet, the very man they ask John son of Zacharia about as "The Prophet". Only human prophet speaks to humans with what sent them, a major revelation as in Book; Torah [what was revealed on the occasion of the 10 Commandments], Injil [not the Gospels about Jesus], Psalm and Quran among others to include minor book; scroll.
Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by noblefada: 1:19pm On Jul 20, 2013
RoyPCain: @noblefada; didn't Jesus say in the gospels that the holy spirit lives [within] in the disciples? Didn't Jesus say to them 'receive the holy spirit'? both incidences occurred in the gospels and gospels are supposed to be before acts, because in acts Jesus was no more there with them, but he was throughout the gospels.

how is it possible that what was supposed to be in them and with them forever suddenly left them? who is being disingenuous here? something is wrong because somebody or some group is lying. Did Jesus speak the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth about the holy spirit, or did Paul and you are the ones tell us the truth?

Jesus contain the holy spirit to only those disciples. You just said it departed from them and now rest in you, permanently because you accept what Paul said while disregarding what Jesus said.

I am going to take a leap of faith here based on Quran; what Jesus truly said was changed to first contained it to a holy spirit that does not talk and need not to listen because it is from the trinitarian concept. This way no one who comes in later in the world could possibly be deemed as the one spoken about by Jesus to restore monotheism to its original quality.

when the community realized that it makes those who will come into the fold of christianity as was later identified, they had to prolong the 'holy spirit' to a stretch where it will touch everyone that accepts what Paul imposed. With all of that, these holy ghost infected people, you included mr noblefada are not morally better than those of us without at all. i guess the effect of the holy ghost is zero if you ask me.

In my humble opinion to you mr. noblefada, since you are a 'noble' man with the holy ghost going and coming in you, people lied and their lies they dump on Jesus to carry for them as well as the wooden cross, so on the face of it, they seem legitimate. They know he is not able to defend himself against these lies until God let him returns. But by then, those whose who have accept it all would have been in billions and have passed on with the lies. Paul had been victorious over them, being a helper against Jesus. He had lied to make in his own word "so that God is gloried"!

Its shameful to propose that you are better than the disciples of Jesus because the holy spirit resides in you while I am sure you are not beyond temptations of every kind and you are proposing the disciples lost the holy spirit.

Holy spirit, in the context of what Jesus said should be expected was a God sent spiritual man, a prophet, the very man they ask John son of Zacharia about as "The Prophet". Only human prophet speaks to humans with what sent them, a major revelation as in Book; Torah [what was revealed on the occasion of the 10 Commandments], Injil [not the Gospels about Jesus], Psalm and Quran among others to include minor book; scroll.
I think u're mistaken or greatly misinformed. I never said the Holy Ghost left the disciples and came to me and there is nothing like Paul's HS (wondering where u got that from). There has always been and there is still only One Holy Spirit! The difference is in His residing. Before Jesus the same HS spirit was in Moses, David, the prophets but the problem was that it was not indwelling them permanently and that is why you will keep hearing and the Spirit came upon me in their time. Jesus never said the HS was in the disciples but said the HS was with them (in Jesus) and shall be in them. When Jesus told the disciples receive the HS, He was preparing for what they were about to receive and that why the final word of Jesus to them was for them to wait for the promised HS Act 1:4-8 UKJV 4: And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, says he, all of you have heard of me. vs 8: But all of you shall receive power, after that the Holy Spirit (o. pneuma) has come upon you: and all of you shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. It is this HS receive in Acts 2:1-4, the same Paul received in Acts 9:17 and it is that same HS that is in me now, that's why we're brethren because we all have the same HS. Hope u get it
Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by noblefada: 1:57pm On Jul 20, 2013
Let me deal with this issue of people saying the Paul lied, Paul never said he lied, lets examine the scripture again
Rom 3:1-8 UKJV 1: What advantage then has the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?
2: Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.
3: For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
4: God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That you might be justified in your sayings, (o. logos) and might overcome when you are judged.
5: But if our unrighteousness commend the righteousness of God, what shall we say? Is God unrighteous who takes vengeance? (I speak as a man)
6: God forbid: for then how shall God judge the world?
7: For if the truth of God has more abounded through my lie unto his glory; why yet am I also judged as a sinner?
8: And not rather, (as we be slanderously reported, and as some affirm that we say,) Let us do evil, that good may come? whose damnation is just.
Paul was simply replying accusation that he was teaching lies esp by the Jews and was simply saying that is you say I'm lying but it is bringing so much Glory to God, then why call a sinner? because if Paul was lying his words would not bring such glory to God, let read the amplified version
7 But [you say] if through my falsehood God's integrity is magnified and advertised and abounds to His glory, why am I still being judged as a sinner?

8 And why should we not do evil that good may come?--as some slanderously charge us with teaching. Such [false teaching] is justly condemned by them.
So you see Paul was replying an accusation and never said he lied. Pls u guys should stop all this falsehood & deceiving people, pls say the whole truth instead of half truths.
Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jul 20, 2013
@noblefada:
by noblefada: 11:17am

ooman:

I guess u're having problems comprehending the scriptures! [b]u see b4 Acts 2:1 everyone else had the Spirit upon and not the Spirit within, meaning the Holy Spirit only came on them at certain times to perform certain function and left afterwards]/b] but [b]now we've the Holy Spirit permanently dwelling in us as 1 Cor 6:19 says we're the temple of the Holy Ghost.]/b] Pls stop showing ur ignorance in public.

The two bold indicate that in acts 3/1 whatever spirit they had they didn't have permanently and by Paul's 1 Cor 6/19 you now have it holy spirit, permanently.

This is what i was pointing out in my post to you, meaning thats what you said. But responded as if I was making this up as if you didnt say it.

Didnt Jesus say to the disciples "receive" the holy spirit, to mean they received it from him and it is for that reason Jesus said "the holy spirit" is in them, dwelling and shall remain so forever, until he returns, supposing to return to meet at least some alive? if the spirit is still dwelling in those dead now, did it die with them, contained in the graved, even those killed tragically, the spirit was experiencing it?

since Jesus never returned to those folks waiting and waited in vain, if we believe Jesus is not a lair, which is my position, should we naturally say that somebody else lied and said it was the saying of Jesus?

God is Powerful, because He has not let all the lies become truth, a sign for those who reflect to walk away when they finally realize its a lie.

You seem to maintain that Paul didn't lie when he says his "lies" advance the Glory of God [as if lying is a good thing and God needs it to make His decision succeed], the reason Paul ask why is he being persecuted, when he had persecuted those who truly believed before and they said nothing.

Please stop defending the indefensible.
Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by ooman(m): 4:00pm On Jul 20, 2013
noblefada:

I guess u're having problems comprehending the scriptures! u see b4 Acts 2:1 everyone else had the Spirit upon and not the Spirit within, meaning the Holy Spirit only came on them at certain times to perform certain function and left afterwards but now we've the Holy Spirit permanently dwelling in us as 1 Cor 6:19 says we're the temple of the Holy Ghost. Pls stop showing ur ignorance in public.

ode, shouting for lack of answers.. What Jesus said was that the holy spirit cannot come except he left, never that it cannot be within or without. This is the lie revealed by Luke 1v41 when it says the holy spirit was already around, possessing people, Lizzy in particular

so once again, try this dumb lie else where

1 Like

Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by Vansnickers: 4:05pm On Jul 20, 2013
Nomski0: You are simply trying to explain what is far bigger than you hence making a total mockery of yourself.

It was in this same bible that God said 'My ways are not your ways.' in order words: 'I'm mysterious- live with it.' Stop trying to analyze God's words like its your philosophy textbook, and stop with blasphemy before it cuts your life short.

Why should he not analyze it like a philosophy book?! Were both books not written by men?

2 Likes

Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by noblefada: 5:09pm On Jul 20, 2013
RoyPCain: @noblefada:

The two bold indicate that in acts 3/1 whatever spirit they had they didn't have permanently and by Paul's 1 Cor 6/19 you now have it holy spirit, permanently.

This is what i was pointing out in my post to you, meaning thats what you said. But responded as if I was making this up as if you didnt say it.

Didnt Jesus say to the disciples "receive" the holy spirit, to mean they received it from him and it is for that reason Jesus said "the holy spirit" is in them, dwelling and shall remain so forever, until he returns, supposing to return to meet at least some alive? if the spirit is still dwelling in those dead now, did it die with them, contained in the graved, even those killed tragically, the spirit was experiencing it?

since Jesus never returned to those folks waiting and waited in vain, if we believe Jesus is not a lair, which is my position, should we naturally say that somebody else lied and said it was the saying of Jesus?

God is Powerful, because He has not let all the lies become truth, a sign for those who reflect to walk away when they finally realize its a lie.

You seem to maintain that Paul didn't lie when he says his "lies" advance the Glory of God [as if lying is a good thing and God needs it to make His decision succeed], the reason Paul ask why is he being persecuted, when he had persecuted those who truly believed before and they said nothing.

Please stop defending the indefensible.

That's the problem I've with this you guys things you din't fully understand u claim u know. Jesus was telling is disciples that from then the HS will always indwell believers till he comes back, He didn't mean the HS will be with them till the grave but as long their are believers the HS spirit will always be with them, unlike in the OT times when for a while the spirit will departed n there were no vision or prophecy in the land, one of such times is in the days of Eli the priest when they gave birth to a male child and called him icabod the glory had departed, but Jesus told His disciple that that can never happen again.

Pls read my post very the HS only start dwelling in people from Acts 2:1-4 n is still the same HS today.

Again pls go n read Romans 3 again n see that was asking a rhetorical quest. Shalom!
Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 20, 2013
@noblefada: I quote the below from the Bible. I want you to respond to each issue i am gonna raise about them

John 14:15-18
“If you love me, keep my commandments. “And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another comforter, to be with you forever, the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him; but you know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you.”

John 14:26
“But the Comforter, the holy spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.”

John 15:26
“But when the Comforter comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceeds from the Father, he shall testify of me.“

John 16:7
“Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is to your advantage that I go away: for if I do not go away, the Comforter will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. “

John 16:8-15
“And when he has come, he will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: of sin, because they do not believe in me; of righteousness, because I go to my Father and you see me no more; of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged. I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. However, when he, the spirit of truth, has come, he will guide you into all truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak; and he will tell you things to come. he will glorify me, for he will take of what is mine and declare it to you. All things that the Father has are mine. Therefore I said that he will take of mine and declare it to you.”
please show me from the above that anybody else apart from the disciples will receive the holy spirit that is a comforter that can hear and talk like Jesus, a prophet of God? Please point to where you can possibly be included in the group that Jesus promised the holy spirit. If the holy spirit was going to be inside them, was it a thing not to be know later but was just not known to the world when Jesus was speaking to the disciples? can we say the hearing and talking without any of his own but all from God is a servant comforter, like Jesus was, a human being?

‘And when he [Jesus] had said this, he breathed on them, and said unto them, Receive ye the Holy Spirit’” (John 20:22).

Receiving the holy spirit here, not in OT and not in Acts but in Gospels goes against what you said above. Did the holy spirit leave then after this, rendering it as something remaining with them forever as untrue? Did any of them falter even with it as we see Paul who didn't have anything to do with it was later confronting Peter as if Peter knew nothing and at fault?

I say to you that "receive" the holy spirit, since it is another comforter and the comforter must be a hearing and speaking one, simply means a clearer description of him was given, thinking that he will arrive during their lifetime. Unfortunately, the bible made Jesus to things he wasnt, proposing him to be returning in the time of the disciples, so when they hallucinated on day of pentecost it was assigned to holy spirit. Yet not of the responsibility of the comforter like Jesus was discharged that day.

if you know that it was fulfilled on that day, show me the proof by corresponding the evidence to each of the things the expected comforter was to do as stated by Jesus which i quoted, above.
Re: Lies Told By 'Jesus' by noblefada: 7:02pm On Jul 20, 2013
ooman:

ode, shouting for lack of answers.. What Jesus said was that the holy spirit cannot come except he left, never that it cannot be within or without. This is the lie revealed by Luke 1v41 when it says the holy spirit was already around, possessing people, Lizzy in particular

so once again, try this dumb lie else where
ts obvious you didn't read my post, pls read the passage I quoted, the HS has been around and coming people but usually left so the coming Jesus spoke about for indwelling.
Your abuse or name calling will not divert people from the facts. Shalom

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Apostle Joshua Selman: A Gift To This Generation / Christ Embassy Will Hand Out Free Gifts On Independence Day / God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.