Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,735 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) (67990 Views)

All Data Users,it's Campaign Part Two,come Out Now / Updated:all Data Users Demand Fairness Ongoing Campaign In Nigeria. / Nairaland Mentioned On Topic About Internet Data fairness On Punchng.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by Emmysteve(m): 12:51pm On Jul 18, 2013
GUYS I AM IN SUPPORT OF THIS MOVEMENT. PLS LET APPEAL TO THE MOD TO MOVE THIS THREAD TO THE FRONT PAGE. WE NEED MORE PPLE TO JOIN THE PROTEST

AND I AV ANOTHER SUGESTION. I THINK THOSE IN ABUJA, KADUNA, LAGOS SHOULD MOBILISE OURSELVES FOR PHYSIC AL PROTEST AT NCC OFFICES.

4 Likes

Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by Geniusvic(m): 12:53pm On Jul 18, 2013
Emmysteve: GUYS I AM IN SUPPORT OF THIS MOVEMENT. PLS LET APPEAL TO THE MOD TO MOVE THIS THREAD TO THE FRONT PAGE. WE NEED MORE PPLE TO JOIN THE PROTEST

AND I AV ANOTHER SUGESTION. I THINK THOSE IN ABUJA, KADUNA, LAGOS SHOULD MOBILISE OURSELVES FOR PHYSIC AL PROTEST AT NCC OFFICES.
Great idea! Front page plsssss

3 Likes

Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by deeobserver209(m): 12:57pm On Jul 18, 2013
lordsbiz: The best way to get MTN attention is to storm their pages on twitter and facebook, lets make our request known and if we mount enough pressure we will get the results we desire. Other service provider pages should be stormed as well. Remember, if we all stick together and mobilise people for this, impossibility is nothing. lords

Great idea. A will do that immediately.
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by Naijalastborn(m): 12:58pm On Jul 18, 2013
Guys, don't let us wait on Twitter only, let's bombared them on Facebook page too. Remembered to #tag it #androidusersdemandfairness #letourvoicebeheard

Am going to fb... Spamm their comments Post to their walls Send links of this thread on their Posts....

Go gogogogogo

3 Likes

Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by Naijalastborn(m): 1:04pm On Jul 18, 2013
Front Page .... Moderators what are you waiting for?

1 Like

Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by yehmy(m): 1:08pm On Jul 18, 2013
@Orosun55 remove that post or it will get reported now.
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by Valdblngx: 1:14pm On Jul 18, 2013
yehmy: @Orosun55 remove that post or it will get reported now.

It baffles me that some people can't adhere to simple instruction.

this is a protest thread, someone is already posting cheat. how will those network providers feel if enventually they spy on this thread n see that post

2 Likes

Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by Emmysteve(m): 1:17pm On Jul 18, 2013
follow me at Emmysteve89. pls dont forget to inform ur followers to join the trend #AndroidUsersDemandsFairness.

Mod pls let this thread be on the front page now.
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by deeobserver209(m): 1:29pm On Jul 18, 2013
I have started bombarding MTN facebook page already. Hope that gets their attention. We are tired of this injustice. Enough of this rip off.
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by ITbomb(m): 1:33pm On Jul 18, 2013
[size=14pt]Let's reason together.[/size]

This is not MTN, Airtel, glo, etisalat etc fault.
The networks are still not robust enough to offer larger bandwidth to subscribers.
What happen is that to maintain perculiar efficient blackberry service, RIM allow network providers to channel all data from their devices through their servers. With this, network providers are able to grant voluminous data to blackberry subscribers cos it is not passing through their servers.
Granting non-BB subscribers such data freedom officially through their servers would simply overwhemled network providers' servers and bring internet service to a crawl.
The issue can be solved if google or samsung could provide a specialized server just like that of RIM for BB
, then network providers would simply channel all data from Android devices through the access point: google.com and open unlimited downloads for android devices. Simple
For now, manage with DroidVPN or any other till internet cost comes down.

10 Likes

Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by sunny3kng(m): 1:43pm On Jul 18, 2013
I'm on this train
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by samilo88(m): 2:21pm On Jul 18, 2013
Nice one guys.. I don spam MTN Facebook page with a piece of my mind..
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by switcakes(f): 2:24pm On Jul 18, 2013
deeobserver209: I completely agree. 260mb is just a chicken feet as far as android smartphones are concerned. It hardly last for 1 day.
We need a 1.5Gb data plan for N1000. We can manage with that.
1gb is still not enough even 4 bb sef
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by Mogenerous(f): 2:33pm On Jul 18, 2013
Geniusvic: I've tweeted all the Ntwrk providers' handles; step 1!
What's your handle? So we all can go retweet your tweets
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by viruz007(m): 2:50pm On Jul 18, 2013
ITbomb: [size=14pt]Let's reason together.[/size]

The networks are still not robust enough to offer larger bandwidth to subscribers.
What happen is that to maintain perculiar efficient blackberry service, RIM allow network providers to channel all data from their devices through their servers. With this, network providers are able to grant voluminous data to blackberry subscribers cos it is not passing through their servers.
Granting non-BB subscribers such data freedom officially through their servers would simply overwhemled network providers' servers and bring internet service to a crawl.
The issue can be solved if google or samsung could provide a specialized server just like that of RIM for BB
, then network providers would simply channel all data from Android devices through the access point: google.com and open unlimited downloads for android devices. Simple

Right on all counts bro but they should have test ran contract plans for us here like other network providers do outside the world. Internet in NIgeria is damn too expensive. Where it not for wi-fi in my office i wld have gone mad.
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by lordsbiz(m): 3:13pm On Jul 18, 2013

your post is pure falacy, do you think we protesting are just bunch of fools? You are talking about BB apn helping MTN reduce traffic, what about Airtel apn which works flawlessly if used for BB Subscription, where by MTN Apn does not even work with BB subscription, what if we all choose to to subscribe to MTN GIG PLANS, are they going to return our money and say oh please take back your money we cant handle the data? Bro wise up, MTN is making billions of naira in profit here in nigeria and its high time they started investing the money back into our country and provide us with cheaper better services, No make me vex oh, Oya make una join the movement scatter their twitter, fb and customer care line they must reply us. With God all things are possible. Lords'.

4 Likes

Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by deeobserver209(m): 3:47pm On Jul 18, 2013

It's the responsibility of this networks to provide good services to all their customers. Not some customers. Infact I completely disagree with you. Server or no server they must provide us with 4-5Gb monthly. Nothing more nothing less. We have suffered enough.

2 Likes

Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by yehmy(m): 4:21pm On Jul 18, 2013
MTN once lied to us that we cnt b charge on per secs bill buh later when glo started they change dere tariff pls tell me how come that is possible after there first claim.... say No to deceit WISE UP NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by Naijalastborn(m): 4:21pm On Jul 18, 2013
My brothers and Sisters in Lagos, Let round up and Organise a Protesting rally to their offices. Or what do you guys think...
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 18, 2013
Mods why not move this thread to fp so that more people can join this crusade

P L E A S E oga seun
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by macen(m): 4:36pm On Jul 18, 2013
I am definitely joining this struggle. ALUTA CONTINUA

1 Like

Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by Naijalastborn(m): 4:43pm On Jul 18, 2013
If na Emeka a Nairalander and Tonto hanged out dem go don carry am go front page
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by omotayos01(m): 4:43pm On Jul 18, 2013
Dis mods don dey craze sha, were is my post. Abegi make una giv una sense o and stop deletin pple post
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by ibietela2(m): 4:51pm On Jul 18, 2013
[size=38pt]SUPPORTED[/size]
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by lordsbiz(m): 4:53pm On Jul 18, 2013
MTN is making billions in profit from hard working nigerians, they must give us what we need, all Nairalanders with private blogs should use their platform to voice loud our demands, anybody with ideas on how to make our voice heard should post, tell your friends and family about it, send them links and clicks to this movement, i promise you when this will be over we would av achieved beyond our expectation.
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by Juell(m): 5:16pm On Jul 18, 2013
WOW!!! THIS IS REVOLUTION!!! IT HAS STARTED O!!! OUR LEADERS SHOULD WATCH OUT THE YOUTH ARE TIRED OF ALL THE BULLLSHITS!
1000000% SUPPORT!

1 Like

Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by Juell(m): 5:17pm On Jul 18, 2013
WOW!!! THIS IS REVOLUTION!!! IT HAS STARTED O!!! OUR LEADERS SHOULD WATCH OUT THE YOUTH ARE TIRED OF ALL THE BULLLSHITS!
1000000% SUPPORT!

We shall overcome......8r
We shall overcome this day!
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by samilo88(m): 5:35pm On Jul 18, 2013
Now I know all these mods are nothing but bunch of hypocrites. Controversial issues that spark tribal war hit front page in no time while issues affecting the average Nigerian are relegated to d background. Am now beginning to doubt if they aren't on the payroll of these network providers. If una like make una hide my post, I don tell una my mind..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply)

How To Use Your Droidvpn Unlimitedly(rooted/non-rooted) / Top Free Sites And App To Stream Live Football Matches / A Nigerian Man Rejects 5G Phone Worth N370K

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.