Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,894 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:29 PM

All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) - Phones (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) (67959 Views)

All Data Users,it's Campaign Part Two,come Out Now / Updated:all Data Users Demand Fairness Ongoing Campaign In Nigeria. / Nairaland Mentioned On Topic About Internet Data fairness On Punchng.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by Iaz93: 10:34am On Jul 19, 2013
This is one of the reasons why I love airtel. But 2GB is not even enough. I used 500MB in just 2days. We need more than 2 or 3GB per month. They should just create our own plan for us
10GB is manageable. This device sucks data like mad.
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 19, 2013
Jd_fada: Well said. You've had ur say guys.
Now tell the government to improve on power supply. If its done and all data and call rates doesn't go down and at a cheap flat rate then lets burn all the masts nationwide.
U dey go forward or backwards?
What happens after we might hav burn dwn all mast? Back to square 1 i guess

1 Like

Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 19, 2013
Gan gannnnn. I like tis. Change starts wit n from d mind. We r getin rit tis time. Am lovin it
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by Naijalastborn(m): 10:36am On Jul 19, 2013
Please those posting on twitter, please used the #tagged plss so it could be traced and round up together
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by Paschal007: 10:36am On Jul 19, 2013
Fourcade:

I feel your pain bro,which plan are you on now?
I subscribed to Airtel "Unlimited" yesterday.In the evening,i checked my data balance,1.59gb remaining sad

I'm using my airtime. undecided
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by OCTAVO: 10:36am On Jul 19, 2013
adewasco2k: Just to add to what i said earlier...I have come across alot of video tutorials online on different fields which will be beneficial to people in the plight of development but most are even above 5GB in size also recently in the US they are trying to make online schools come to reality, I participated in a programming course straight from MIT for 4 months.... streaming videos, downloading materials etc with in that time i pulled over 8gb....are we ever expected to partake in such educative classes online? I wipe for Nigeria, too much limitations, that's why anytime i see successful people in the country i sure understand all they have passed through... if you have ever lived outside the country then you might understand better.... sad
You are very right! For online schooling, one needs a lot of Internet data. I've pulled almost 5gig already for some programming courses. 250mb for 1k is highly ridiculous and too expensive!
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by Unitedforever(m): 10:38am On Jul 19, 2013
Mail forwarded to lindaikeji@gmail.com with a link to this thread
#AllDataUsersDemandsFairness
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by lordsbiz(m): 10:38am On Jul 19, 2013
Emmysteve: Guys i av another idea, i think we should refer those news paper on twitter to read this thread, i will give out their handles shortly
thanks bro, you are an example of better nigerians that seek way forward and not fools settling for less everyday of their life.
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by lordsbiz(m): 10:41am On Jul 19, 2013
We need ideas please, they must hear us oh, please guys come up with ideas.
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by solelymade: 10:43am On Jul 19, 2013
dis network providers don kolocraze....250mb only last 2 days on my n3 and dey expect me 2 pay 1k for dat, it is madness of d highest degree. Wetin come pain me pass na d mtn bis i subscribed 2 on tuesday has stopped workin since thursday morning because mtn go fry Android systems on their bis platform.
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by Bawss1(m): 10:43am On Jul 19, 2013
Will you e-warriors take some time to understand the technology?

I reiterate, keep your aims realistic.

Those who are calling for unlimited mobile data access misunderstand how things really work. Do you imagine that with a token amount, say N1000, you will be able to download 1Tb of data? What happens when 1000 people are able to do so - the network will be crippled! It is to curb that effect that data caps and throttling are introduced.

Instead of that pipe dream agree on a specific and reasonable cost for data bundles. Demand improved quality of service.
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 19, 2013
yehmy:

Bro let me remind you this at a point glo was giving us unlimited data on blackberry, let me tell you this it is possible they only want us to bliv it is not.

look at the new bb q10 nd z10 are they using the same plan as oda blackberry.

Wise up nigerians dont live in deceit this pple are extorting us

Rim parted ways with blackberry now BLACKBERRY is a stand alone os

lets stop living in darkness
#AllDataPlanUsersDemandsFairness
ff the trend on twitter @blak_xtar is my handle
I culdnt agree more.... Some peeps just posted how ignorant and informed they are. Please stop digracing urselves, this is a public forum.
RIM and BB are no longer partners. Blackberry is on its own(dat's wen the Unlimited data for BB was slashed to 3Gb)
Please, if u guys dnt hav a clue or a pinch of salt idea about wats happening in the world of internet, Just chill with a bottle of BoBo and watch the elites carry on with wats good 4 all.
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by sheelay(m): 10:46am On Jul 19, 2013
yehmy:

Add me on whatsapp
What's ur number on WhatsApp? I'm a android thread owner on here too, we sure can work together...... Been clamouring for this for a long time...... Even sent them a tweet too, n re tweeted u
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by yehmy(m): 10:47am On Jul 19, 2013
Bawss1: Will you e-warriors take some time to understand the technology?

Those who are calling for unlimited mobile data access misunderstand how things really work. Do you imagine that with a token amount, say N1000, you will be able to download 1Tb of data? What happens when 1000 people are able to do so - the network will be crippled! It is to curb that effect that data caps and throttling are introduced.

Instead of that pipe dream agree on a specific and reasonable cost for data bundles. Demand improved quality of service.

AGREED LETS SAY THEY GIVE US 50GB OR MAYB 100GB tongue
Bawss1: Will you e-warriors take some time to understand the technology?

AGREED LETS SAY THEY GIVE US 50GB OR MAYB 100GB
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by Emmysteve(m): 10:47am On Jul 19, 2013
Michael Sokoto: #500 for 1gb? OP u be crook!
Go & buy BB my friend! tongue
must you comment?
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by sheelay(m): 10:47am On Jul 19, 2013
yehmy:

Add me on whatsapp
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by Naijalastborn(m): 10:48am On Jul 19, 2013
If Nairaland thread can feature on Yahoo news. Then I see no reason why this Thread who hit the global world!!
Brothers and sisters aim for the highestn search. And severals mails to Nigeira Newspapers, let them know Nigeria call, they should Obey, as they once pledge, take it to SaharaReporters, let the guy be involved in this, we have been listening and reading his blogs and news, its time for them to read our ownm...

Take it to Nigerians newspaper and blogsite...on twitter pls put the #tagged #alldatausersdemandfairness #androidusersdemandfairnesss #letourvoicesbeheard..
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by Revolva(m): 10:48am On Jul 19, 2013
thats the reason i dont wanna use android fone..data is very small to manage i go with my Blackberry all d time
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by dinoescobar(m): 10:49am On Jul 19, 2013
luluosas:
Supported. It is not just about MTN, it cuts across all the network in Nigeria.
1. Glo is offering miserable 200MB + 60MB bonus = 260MB data volume for a whopping N1,000. Their N1,200 Somonth BIS plan gives 3GB data volume.
2. MTN is offering deadly 100MB + 100MB bonus = 200MB data volume for N1,000. Their N1,000 BBC plan is 'Unlimited'.
3. Airtel is offering 200MB for N1,000. Their N1,200 BSM plan is 1GB data volume.
4. Etisalat is offering 200MB for N1,000 data volume. Their N1,000 BIS plan is 'unlimited'.

This folly have to stop now.

Correction: There is nothing like unlimited blackberry plan, both MTN and EtIsalat give 3Gig of Data for 1 thousand Naira, so that promo thingy they were doing is all a sham, just to attract customers and leave them hanging.
Imagine I was downloading some series and the next thing Etisalat sends me a Msg saying that my BB10 data plan is exhausted, I use a bold 6 and I need to renew. The pple are just a bunch of crooks ripping us off.
I'm going Android Next month and dey better improve on their data cost.

1 Like

Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by sheelay(m): 10:49am On Jul 19, 2013
As some people have pointed out.... Let's keep our agitation realistic.... 5GB for 1k is okay...... Stop this unlimited talks...... Pls
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by myhobbies(m): 10:49am On Jul 19, 2013
blink182: with the way things are being run presently, do you think NCC is for us or the networks?
NCC is not helping us.
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by Sike(m): 10:50am On Jul 19, 2013
luluosas:
Let's stop the deceit my dear. Glo gives me 5MB for N5 daily on G-BAM plan but, I ended using their so called 5MB for total 25MB (20MB extra FREE). Now, you just tell me, why do I need to pay N100 for a miserable 10MB when the same Glo is giving me 5MB for N5 daily? Let's wake and face the reality jor.
Excuse me, how'd you get the additional 20MB you posted? It's like i'm also interested in that stuff.cheesy Thanks.
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by adewasco2k(m): 10:51am On Jul 19, 2013
You guys should know, if Linda Ikeji publish anything against MTN no more advert contract for her again also same applies to others and even our national dailies.

Only way is any unbias well known Blogger or better still international bodies because this is related to development, we can't develop we out internet access, it all link to bad governance, MTN will tell you not to compare them with MTN Ghana because of power supply and all that. It's true but they are still hiding under that fact to rip us off, they can do better

1 Like

Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by yehmy(m): 10:52am On Jul 19, 2013
sheelay:
What's ur number on WhatsApp? I'm a android thread owner on here too, we sure can work together...... Been clamouring for this for a long time...... Even sent them a tweet too, n re tweeted u

1 Like

Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by sheelay(m): 10:52am On Jul 19, 2013
Sike: Excuse me, how'd you get the additional 20MB you posted? It's like i'm also interested in that stuff.cheesy Thanks.
Pls, don't derail this thread.....
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by Wiseoldman: 10:52am On Jul 19, 2013
#AllDataUsersDemandsFairness
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by murorun1(m): 10:53am On Jul 19, 2013
Its high time we stood up for our right, since we android users are nw majority. We earnestly wait for their(telecoms) positive response towards dis protest.
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by Akell(m): 10:54am On Jul 19, 2013
We(ANDROID USERS) need our own fair share of the National MB
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by yehmy(m): 10:54am On Jul 19, 2013
Godvilla: I culdnt agree more.... Some peeps just posted how ignorant and informed they are. Please stop digracing urselves, this is a public forum.
RIM and BB are no longer partners. Blackberry is on its own(dat's wen the Unlimited data for BB was slashed to 3Gb)
Please, if u guys dnt hav a clue or a pinch of salt idea about wats happening in the world of internet, Just chill with a bottle of BoBo and watch the elites carry on with wats good 4 all.

bro u quoted d wrong person read my post wella grin
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by Thayay(m): 10:55am On Jul 19, 2013
I sent this to NCC FEEDBACK AND FACEBOOK PAGE
Pls.we android users are not satisfied the way we've been treated by these network providers concerning data suscription.this is getting out of hand.Imagine suscribing with the sum of #1000 with my hard-earned money and won't last for a week.we're urging the service providers should pls add to the data and treat us like our fellow blackberry users.THANKS
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by Picomon(m): 10:57am On Jul 19, 2013
Guys lets make this trend on twitter. #AllDataUsersDemandsFairness. Please. Kip reppin @Blak_Xtar
Re: All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 19, 2013
luluosas:
Supported. It is not just about MTN, it cuts across all the network in Nigeria.
1. Glo is offering miserable 200MB + 60MB bonus = 260MB data volume for a whopping N1,000. Their N1,200 Somonth BIS plan gives 3GB data volume.
2. MTN is offering deadly 100MB + 100MB bonus = 200MB data volume for N1,000. Their N1,000 BBC plan is 'Unlimited'.
3. Airtel is offering 200MB for N1,000. Their N1,200 BSM plan is 1GB data volume.
4. Etisalat is offering 200MB for N1,000 data volume. Their N1,000 BIS plan is 'unlimited'.

This folly have to stop now.
MTN and ETISALAT BB plans are capped @ 3GB and not UNLIMITED as stipulated by u.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (38) (Reply)

How To Use Your Droidvpn Unlimitedly(rooted/non-rooted) / A Nigerian Man Rejects 5G Phone Worth N370K / Easiest Way To Download Youtube Videos On Your Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.