Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,860 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:41 AM

How Chimamanda Is Changing African Ladies Hair With Americanah - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Chimamanda Is Changing African Ladies Hair With Americanah (942 Views)

South African Ladies Are The Most Beautiful In Africa ! Check This Photo And Jud / African Ladies Please Learn How To Pamper Your Men / Reasons Why You Love Nigerian/ African Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Chimamanda Is Changing African Ladies Hair With Americanah by blesseffy: 12:37pm On Jul 18, 2013
When Chimamanda Adichie launched her book Americanah, people thought it was another fiction story but behold, it turns out to be a story of love with 80% concentration on African woman's hair (Afro Kinky Hair), we were then forced to ask, what is it about African hair anyway, is it the kinky style or the darkness?

Before now, it was only ladies who attends some specific church like Deeper Life, Apostolic Faith etc that grows natural kinky hair but i was surprised immediately after Chimamanda launched Americanah, i went out for some corporate event to find some cool babes flaunting natural kinky hair, i was then forced to asked one of them about it and she said, read Americanah, the next day i ordered America from Konga.com and i rushed it up in just 3 days and before i even finished reading, i had gone to barb my relaxed straight hair off my head and now i'm also growing my natural hair.

The big question remains, what is it about kinky hair anyway? Chimamanda in her different interviews has affirmed that African hair is political.

I'm really loving my hair right now and can't ever think of going back to relaxer for my hair, i feel beautiful, i also attract more admirers now *wink*

Last week i was at Google Africa Summit in Kenya, i was also flaunting my natural kinky hair and feeling ontop of the world before i met this four ladies who are also with their natural hair and proudly Africans, they told me if Chimamanda put it in a book, they are here to translate it into a web series, they want the world to experience the true beauty of an African Woman - It's an adventure

Ladies and gentlemen introducing Afro City Series, tune in and enjoy an adventure of four African ladies, where beauty meets fashion, friendship and passion http://www.twotv.net/introducing-afro-city-series/

Thank me later *wink*

Re: How Chimamanda Is Changing African Ladies Hair With Americanah by robedu: 12:39pm On Jul 18, 2013
black is beautiful and Chimamanda just nailed it, i watch this series immediately you posted it and i cant wait for more episodes

1 Like

Re: How Chimamanda Is Changing African Ladies Hair With Americanah by Schonebaby: 2:00pm On Jul 24, 2013
Looooool. I actually also did the same after reading Americanah and I'm loving it baaaad. I don't think I can go back to relaxing again grin

1 Like

Re: How Chimamanda Is Changing African Ladies Hair With Americanah by blesseffy: 9:02am On Aug 01, 2013
I like the lady in the middle, the hair fits her so much

(1) (Reply)

GUYZ, Which Do U Prefer?underpants Or BOXERS. / 11 Old-fashioned Relationship Habits We Should Bring Back / Thread closed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.