Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,676 members, 7,823,910 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Yinka Odumakin Ceased Being Buhari’s Spokesman Since 2011 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yinka Odumakin Ceased Being Buhari’s Spokesman Since 2011 (5969 Views)

Imo Journalist Lists Okorocha's Corrupt Practices & Court Disregard Since 2011 / Jonathan Commissions Cenotaph For Soldiers Killed By BH Since 2011 (Photos) / Enugu APC Donated Largest Amount To Buhari -spokesman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yinka Odumakin Ceased Being Buhari’s Spokesman Since 2011 by Maxymilliano(m): 7:59am On Jul 20, 2013
National Publicity Secretary of the Pan-Yoruba Socio-political Organisation, Afenifere, Yinka Odumakin has declared that he has ceased being the spokesman of the Presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change(CPC) in the 2011 election, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari.

Odumakin in a statement made available to the Saturday Tribune stated that he stopped serving Buhari after the ruling of the Supreme Court on CPC’s election petition over the 2011 election.

He stated that his views on governors of the Action Congress of Nigeria(ACN) which were posted on the internet were not made on Buhari’s behalf, adding that the disclaimer by the CPC was unnecessary.

The statement read: “My attention has been drawn to a statement in the media by the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) on my views published on a chat forum which was lifted by PILOT Newspaper and published in its edition of July 17, 2013.

“In the said view written under my name as I have done several years now, i stated that the corruption going on in the South West States under ACN is far greater than what we witnessed under PDP.

“I buttressed my point with the fact that where I dragged Mr. Alao Akala to EFCC in 2010 for asking each Local Government in Oyo state to award 5 kms of road at N250m to a particular contractor , a company linked to the ACN National Leader is collecting a kilometer of road at N1b each in the same region.

“The newspaper quoted me correctly but mistakenly referred to me as “Buhari Spokesman” but never said I spoke for General Buhari.

“Perhaps the paper did not know that I ceased being Buhari’s media advisor shortly after the Supreme Court ruled on the 2011 elections which brought us together for a period of about 8 months.

“I had expected those who want to provide leadership for the country to read the publication they are reacting to before rushing to the media to “disown” who they don’t own. I guess the desire to appease allies overrides this simple process.

“If they had done this due diligence they would have known that there was nowhere General Buhari was linked to my views.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/item/17146-i-have-ceased-being-buhari%E2%80%99s-spokesman-odumakin

8 Likes

Re: Yinka Odumakin Ceased Being Buhari’s Spokesman Since 2011 by slap1(m): 8:09am On Jul 20, 2013
Ok, man! We have heard. Al-Mustapha can do the job, na the same people!
Re: Yinka Odumakin Ceased Being Buhari’s Spokesman Since 2011 by traffickz(m): 8:10am On Jul 20, 2013
Different in views? The price for Baboons and Monkey blood could not be sorted may be!
Re: Yinka Odumakin Ceased Being Buhari’s Spokesman Since 2011 by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 20, 2013
Can someone help me tell Seun to move that fackin BBA eye off our faces... So disgusting

2 Likes

Re: Yinka Odumakin Ceased Being Buhari’s Spokesman Since 2011 by homesteady(m): 8:34am On Jul 20, 2013
Uncle Gbawe will soon come here and start lecturing us on how much roads are done in other countries!! LOL!! cool

3 Likes

Re: Yinka Odumakin Ceased Being Buhari’s Spokesman Since 2011 by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 20, 2013
homesteady: Uncle Gbawe will soon come here and start lecturing us on how much roads are done in other countries!! LOL!! cool
he dares not.
Re: Yinka Odumakin Ceased Being Buhari’s Spokesman Since 2011 by ebucha: 8:48am On Jul 20, 2013
Good for you and your family.
Re: Yinka Odumakin Ceased Being Buhari’s Spokesman Since 2011 by Maxymilliano(m): 8:55am On Jul 20, 2013

“I had expected those who want to provide leadership for the country to read the publication they are reacting to before rushing to the media to “disown” who they don’t own. I guess the desire to appease allies overrides this simple process.

Has Yinka ported to PDP ?

He sound like the current acting publicity secretary of PDP ...
Re: Yinka Odumakin Ceased Being Buhari’s Spokesman Since 2011 by takedat(m): 9:00am On Jul 20, 2013
^No be crime to port to where the grass is green cheesy

I hear he is part of Iyiola Omisore(PDP Guber aspirant in Osun state) campaign team now.
Re: Yinka Odumakin Ceased Being Buhari’s Spokesman Since 2011 by Feedmemore(f): 9:02am On Jul 20, 2013
I won't be surprise if Odumakin decamp to pdp in the near future.
Re: Yinka Odumakin Ceased Being Buhari’s Spokesman Since 2011 by Nobody: 9:09am On Jul 20, 2013
The Daura-born general is going to learn the most bitter political lesson in 2015. Those that know are warning him now, but, like Macbeth, he is blinded by his ambition.
Why align with Tinubu of all persons? Tinubu is going to leave him on a four-way path.

9 Likes

Re: Yinka Odumakin Ceased Being Buhari’s Spokesman Since 2011 by Goddex: 9:30am On Jul 20, 2013
Thank God you have abandoned that blood thirsty baboon.

1 Like

Re: Yinka Odumakin Ceased Being Buhari’s Spokesman Since 2011 by kehinde1588(m): 9:30am On Jul 20, 2013
This yinka must have smoked before the write up..."corruption in ACN is worst than PDP"but i can see ACN govts performing well than thier counterparts. I guess he has moved to PDP

2 Likes

Re: Yinka Odumakin Ceased Being Buhari’s Spokesman Since 2011 by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:32am On Jul 20, 2013
Maxymilliano:

everyman has a price. He has been outta job since 2011, he needs to eat. So, if PDP approaches, as a politian, no-shame entity, he will accept.

Roads under akala were don by JB and PW!

And how will Akala, a staunch PDP, who is even thriving to overthrow ACN by liasing with ladoja be awarding roads, under compulsion to a company thru an ACN leader?

Mumu
Re: Yinka Odumakin Ceased Being Buhari’s Spokesman Since 2011 by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 20, 2013
kehinde1588: This yinka must have smoked before the write up..."corruption in ACN is worst than PDP"but i can see ACN govts performing well than thier counterparts. I guess he has moved to PDP
Are you saying Fayemi is a saint? Lol I can tell you corruption under him is worse than under Oni's administration! Look closely at their so much talked about achievements!

3 Likes

Re: Yinka Odumakin Ceased Being Buhari’s Spokesman Since 2011 by Maxymilliano(m): 9:49am On Jul 20, 2013
take dat: ^No be crime to port to where the grass is green cheesy

I hear he is part of Iyiola Omisore(PDP Guber aspirant in Osun state) campaign team now.

I heard he secured the contract for printing the gubernatorial campaign poster for Omisore, never knew he has been drafted in fully as part of the campaign team.
Re: Yinka Odumakin Ceased Being Buhari’s Spokesman Since 2011 by gratiaeo(m): 9:52am On Jul 20, 2013
I don port o!
Re: Yinka Odumakin Ceased Being Buhari’s Spokesman Since 2011 by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 20, 2013
Odumakin can see clearly now.......
.....well, better late than never.

2 Likes

Re: Yinka Odumakin Ceased Being Buhari’s Spokesman Since 2011 by enm(m): 9:58am On Jul 20, 2013
SLIDE waxie: everyman has a price. He has been outta job since 2011, he needs to eat. So, if PDP approaches, as a politian, no-shame entity, he will accept.

Roads under akala were don by JB and PW!

And how will Akala, a staunch PDP, who is even thriving to overthrow ACN by liasing with ladoja be awarding roads, under compulsion to a company thru an ACN leader?

Mumu

My guy you fall my hand no be small. Haba! read the post again

2 Likes

Re: Yinka Odumakin Ceased Being Buhari’s Spokesman Since 2011 by kasiem(m): 10:06am On Jul 20, 2013
kehinde1588: This yinka must have smoked before the write up..."corruption in ACN is worst than PDP"but i can see ACN govts performing well than thier counterparts. I guess he has moved to PDP
dont u know that allocation and igr have improved? what of the rate of borrowing? when you sincerely know all this things, u will see why acn governors are able to embezzle and still patch some roads left by pdp

3 Likes

Re: Yinka Odumakin Ceased Being Buhari’s Spokesman Since 2011 by Goddex: 10:12am On Jul 20, 2013

ACN governors only have loud mouths and have bought over the Lagos media. They are not performing.

4 Likes

Re: Yinka Odumakin Ceased Being Buhari’s Spokesman Since 2011 by 1bunne4lif(m): 10:12am On Jul 20, 2013
How is it my problem?
Re: Yinka Odumakin Ceased Being Buhari’s Spokesman Since 2011 by Brimmie(m): 10:13am On Jul 20, 2013
Good To Know.. Next!!?
Re: Yinka Odumakin Ceased Being Buhari’s Spokesman Since 2011 by Pedagogue: 10:14am On Jul 20, 2013

If Odumakin is surprised that the statement was linked to Buhari-then he has shown he's a political neophyte.
Since PDP is interested in pulling down the APC,a statement rubbishing the governors of ACN by a former spokesperson of Buhari is bound to be linked to him- in order to cause disunity in their camp!

But, Mr. Odumakin, let's do a terse analysis of ur statement. U said "the corruption in South West is far greater than that under PDP".
To start with, I think you are right on the score that there is corruption going on- Afterall,we know it's almost impossible in present day Nigeria for contracts not to be inflated...

But on the score of it being greater now than that under PDP, I beg to disagree! In Oyo state (which Odumakin used as reference point), the former Governor embarked on few cosmetic projects at whooping billions of naira which only lasted for few months. In the same Oyo state, the incumbent has embarked on numerous enduring capital projects without borrowing a dime...! My point is, if a government that is just 2 years old has embarked on more enduring projects than a PDP govt that ruled for 8 years, what more can one say? And if anybody is under the mistaken believe that the present govts in d S/West are enjoying more allocations than their predecessors, can we cast our minds to the huge allocations that states got in 2010/2011...what did they do with it!!!

I'm not in anyway defending ACN- but the truth is, Odumakin's comparison is in bad taste. We were all alive when PDP govts were in power in d west, so Odumakin cannot deceive us with his hogwash .
It is also true that Odumakin and his elder brother (Tunde Bakare) are not in good terms with Bola Tinubu...Thus, d statement is more or less aimed at hitting at Tinubu! But why cut a tree because you want to kill a bird? My major grouse with Odumakin's statement is that he has indirectly given an award of 'better government ' to PDP - and this is not TRUE!

****On the other hand, the continuous tackling of Tinubu and co by people like Odumakin and Bakare will put him on his toes...There is no democracy if leaders and people in govt are not criticised/checked.. Odumakin's comment is particularly more credible since he's seen as an opposition insider! Thus, I pray his statement will lead to increased transparency in ACN govts.
If other Regions in Nigeria have one tenth of government critics / activists like the ones in d South West, Nigeria would be better for it !!! Democracy cannot work in Nigeria if there are no critics /parties and people that will check the excesses of govts....

7 Likes

Re: Yinka Odumakin Ceased Being Buhari’s Spokesman Since 2011 by 80million1: 10:19am On Jul 20, 2013
Yinka used to be respected personality in my opinion. I still remember d Fuel Subsidy protests at FREEDOM PARK,Ojota in 2012.
Also when Yaradua was missin in action,he was very vocal wit d Save Naija Group.
But now what,am hearing he's wit Omisore now,if its true,then this boy has lost it.
Adieu Yinka.
Re: Yinka Odumakin Ceased Being Buhari’s Spokesman Since 2011 by 80million1: 10:19am On Jul 20, 2013
Pedagogue: .
You again? Smh
Re: Yinka Odumakin Ceased Being Buhari’s Spokesman Since 2011 by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 20, 2013
He said he quit being Buhari's spokesman since 2011, but how come he continued speaking on Buhari's behalf since then? Isnt this a contradiction?
Re: Yinka Odumakin Ceased Being Buhari’s Spokesman Since 2011 by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:29am On Jul 20, 2013
enm:

My guy you fall my hand no be small. Haba! read the post again
grin dude, if i point a gun at u, u go raise up ur hand sharp sharp grin
Re: Yinka Odumakin Ceased Being Buhari’s Spokesman Since 2011 by kasiem(m): 10:59am On Jul 20, 2013
#80million:
Yinka used to be respected personality in my opinion. I still remember d Fuel Subsidy protests at FREEDOM PARK,Ojota in 2012.
Also when Yaradua was missin in action,he was very vocal wit d Save Naija Group.
But now what,am hearing he's wit Omisore now,if its true,then this boy has lost it.
Adieu Yinka.
tackle d points he raised

1 Like

Re: Yinka Odumakin Ceased Being Buhari’s Spokesman Since 2011 by Donykua: 11:18am On Jul 20, 2013
Maxymilliano:

if he has done that i'm wishing him REST IN PEACE politically.
Re: Yinka Odumakin Ceased Being Buhari’s Spokesman Since 2011 by cyril10(m): 12:00pm On Jul 20, 2013
People are now rubbishing Odumakin for voicing out what is happening in the south west, the pro south west ACN would not want to hear this because it is affecting their masters hence they will want to blindly defend them. If it is Jonathan now they would have swallowed Yinka's statement line hook and sinker insulting Jonathan of wanting to plunge the nation into penury. Tribalism thriving in this forum so much.

4 Likes

Re: Yinka Odumakin Ceased Being Buhari’s Spokesman Since 2011 by Melancholy(m): 12:02pm On Jul 20, 2013
Odumakin should know that making a constructive criticizm unilaterally in this our present polity can never get him nowhere becos JAGABAN hates hearing truth and possibly no position vacant in PDP.I guess he should stuck himself to this true activism we know him and his wife for.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hello World / 'if U Vote Buhari For Second Term, It Shall Never Be Well With Your Generation' / Buhari To Open EFCC’s Anti-corruption Summit On Tuesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.