Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

Separation Of State And Religion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Separation Of State And Religion (1209 Views)

Entitlements Of Former Heads Of State And Presidents / Separation Of Church And State: Do You Support It? / Separation of Religion and Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Separation Of State And Religion by AZeD1(m): 11:26am On Jul 20, 2013
While Nigerians are calling for the repealing of the paedophile act recently passed by the senate, I think it's also time sensible Nigerians take a stand on the separation of state and religion.
I'm a Christian but it's my personal choice and Nigeria should not force people to live by my Christian doctrine. Same goes for Islam.
Those in support of the child molestation act did so under the guise of Islam.
In order to put a stop to all this, we need to separate state from religion.

3 Likes

Re: Separation Of State And Religion by Horus(m): 11:47am On Jul 20, 2013
Separation of state and religion is the only solution

1 Like

Re: Separation Of State And Religion by deeobserver209(m): 11:49am On Jul 20, 2013
The constitution clearly states that Nigeria is a secular state. Recent events however shows otherwise. Government today has been so rooted with religion to the extent that some confused souls are clamoring for ridiculous religious laws. Very unfortunate is the recent child molestation act passed by the highly respected House of Senate! That is a recipe for disaster! It contradict the basic rights of freedom and a blatant disregard of the constitution.
What the senate had done will only give way to more abuse, impunity, disobedience of the law, and unconstitutional acts that will be perpetrated all in the name of religion.
Until religion is rooted out of governance, Nigeria will slide into the pit religious bigotry and conflicts leading to a total breakdown of law and order.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Strike Update: Polytechnics And Education College Join ASUU / Only In Nigeria: Surgery With Lantern (picture) / Federal Min. Of Education; Nationwide Massive Lecturer Recruitment.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.