Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,592 members, 7,809,146 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

Windows Mobile Naija Forum - Phones (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Windows Mobile Naija Forum (278331 Views)

Installing Applications On Htc Pro 2 Windows Mobile / He Needs Help On How To Download 2go Messenger On Htc Windows Mobile. / Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 02, 2016
Windows 10 is quite an all rounder.
The calculator is dope,the interface,the groove music player,the mobility of office,the edge browser is what i like most. Its so fluent, sadly nairaland doesnt stay logged in on it.

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Youngpo413: 1:26pm On Dec 03, 2016
Mfunkynation:
hmmm, did u use 3g or 4g? i updated my 535 successfully witout issues..... na thunder spoil d phone n make me go for 540.... i spend 1.8gig to update...
was yours successfully?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Mfunkynation(m): 3:57pm On Dec 03, 2016
Youngpo413:
was yours successfully?
yes broda.......... . i have to sub glo weekend n power it via router for better speed............ currently installing the latest OS windows 10 mobile version 10.0.14393.448
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Youngpo413: 4:07pm On Dec 03, 2016
Mfunkynation:
yes broda.......... . i have to sub glo weekend n power it via router for better speed............ currently installing the latest OS windows 10 mobile version 10.0.14393.448
you are just lucky, it works at your first attempt? Mine was not the matter of speed cos I'm using glo mifi 4G....I just don't know what is happening and the little girl is disturbing me for windows 10 like no tomorrow.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by fijiano202(m): 6:34pm On Dec 03, 2016
Youngpo413:
you are just lucky, it works at your first attempt? Mine was not the matter of speed cos I'm using glo mifi 4G....I just don't know what is h
make sure theres no sim on the fone before u update,try that
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Mfunkynation(m): 6:59pm On Dec 03, 2016
Youngpo413:
you are just lucky, it works at your first attempt? Mine was not the matter of speed cos I'm using glo mifi 4G....I just don't know what is happening and the little girl is disturbing me for windows 10 like no tomorrow.
it wasnt easy ooooo. wit 4g mifi, d speed shld b ok. just keep tryin. yu will updaye twice before u reach d lastest OS version
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Youngpo413: 8:47am On Dec 04, 2016
Mfunkynation:
it wasnt easy ooooo. wit 4g mifi, d speed shld b ok. just keep tryin. yu will updaye twice before u reach d lastest OS version
she don come pack her wahala, make I rest joor, thank you very much.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DY20: 11:31am On Dec 04, 2016
The last Android version I used since I ported to Windows 7 is Ice Cream Sandwich... I love windows because of it's design, the updates made me feel Windows is going to be at the top soon, to top it all, I feel different & I will argue with anyone that compares Windows with sh!tdroid. (That's what it appeared to me them)
After using windows for 4 years, from W7, to W8, 8.1 and finally to W10.. I decided to buy an Android phone as a second phone. (LG running Marshmallow)...
After using it for just a week, I realized that the updates I'm craving for on Windows is already here. The design on Windows closed my eyes but design on Android opened them. Top top it all, I know people feel different using Windows but let me tell you the truth, they shouldn't feel different, they should feel outcasted.

Ladies and gentlemen, android is the future..
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by twosquare(m): 2:13pm On Dec 04, 2016
DY20:
The last Android version I used since I ported to Windows 7 is Ice Cream Sandwich... I love windows because of it's design, the updates made me feel Windows is going to be at the top soon, to top it all, I feel different & I will argue with anyone that compares Windows with sh!tdroid. (That's what it appeared to me them)
After using windows for 4 years, from W7, to W8, 8.1 and finally to W10.. I decided to buy an Android phone as a second phone. (LG running Marshmallow)...
After using it for just a week, I realized that the updates I'm craving for on Windows is already here. The design on Windows closed my eyes but design on Android opened them. Top top it all, I know people feel different using Windows but let me tell you the truth, they shouldn't feel different, they should feel outcasted.

Ladies and gentlemen, android is the future..
Anyway, to each his own. I've used android all through but last month, I changed to Windows. Reason because I'm tired of android. Just wanna try out a new OS, and with what I've seen, I can say I'm satisfied because I don't do much.Chats on social apps, monitor my business online, a little gaming, film, etc. which I see Windows can handle. I'm not a fan of any OS, can stick to any to satisfy my needs and perhaps curiosity. Can we say android is the future with how technology is going? Let's wait till then, any OS can just emerged and sweep away others we have now in its wake.

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Mfunkynation(m): 3:01pm On Dec 04, 2016
Youngpo413:
she don come pack her wahala, make I rest joor, thank you very much.
hjahahahhahah, dont call her 540 wahala ooo.... na good phone... u can still help her out... was her last update wp 8.1 update 2?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Youngpo413: 4:02pm On Dec 04, 2016
Mfunkynation:
hjahahahhahah, dont call her 540 wahala ooo.... na good phone... u can still help her out... was her last update wp 8.1 update 2?
it came with Lumia denim, 8.1.
What I now noticed about windows phone is that almost all important applications are now available...
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DY20: 4:16pm On Dec 04, 2016
twosquare:
Anyway, to each his own. I've used android all through but last month, I changed to Windows. Reason because I'm tired of android. Just wanna try out a new OS, and with what I've seen, I can say I'm satisfied because I don't do much.Chats on social apps, monitor my business online, a little gaming, film, etc. which I see Windows can handle. I'm not a fan of any OS, can stick to any to satisfy my needs and perhaps curiosity. Can we say android is the future with how technology is going? Let's wait till then, any OS can just emerged and sweep away others we have now in its wake.
You see, I agree with you that the love for an OS is based on preference just like beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
I'm not saying that Windows is bad (Bad for explorers though).. but my point is there's no new or great feature about Windows that Android did not offer. But there are some small small great feature that Android offers that Windows are just on about considering. I use both, and as a developer, I explore both devices as if I am working for Google Inc. & Microsoft Inc. Google is growing faster (in mobile).. if Microsoft take a step, Google have already taken 5 step ahead. Microsoft target class, Google did not, but they are exploring every bit Mobile phones can help us in our day to day activity.
If Microsoft is thinking about an easy way to link a shy guy to woo a girl easily, Google is already thinking about making the mobile an assistance to woo the girl for us. (Just kidding)

Let me end this, Microsoft work with paid developers, and get reviews from insiders.. but Android is an open source project, developers (on their own) can contribute to the Android development.

Security, Android is good but Windows is better.
All other things, Windows is good but Android is better.

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nastydroid(m): 5:43pm On Dec 04, 2016
DY20:

You see, I agree with you that the love for an OS is based on preference just like beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
I'm not saying that Windows is bad (Bad for explorers though).. but my point is there's no new or great feature about Windows that Android did not offer. But there are some small small great feature that Android offers that Windows are just on about considering. I use both, and as a developer, I explore both devices as if I am working for Google Inc. & Microsoft Inc. Google is growing faster (in mobile).. if Microsoft take a step, Google have already taken 5 step ahead. Microsoft target class, Google did not, but they are exploring every bit Mobile phones can help us in our day to day activity.
If Microsoft is thinking about an easy way to link a shy guy to woo a girl easily, Google is already thinking about making the mobile an assistance to woo the girl for us. (Just kidding)

Let me end this, Microsoft work with paid developers, and get reviews from insiders.. but Android is an open source project, developers (on their own) can contribute to the Android development.

Security, Android is good but Windows is better.
All other things, Windows is good but Android is better.

what is that special security in windows
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DY20: 6:31pm On Dec 04, 2016
Nastydroid:
Nothing special.
Some apps modify some facilities on your phone to work like Contacts, call history, message inbox, etc.
It takes some extra effort and resources on Windows phone to breach them.
Aside that, nothing special.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Youngpo413: 7:08pm On Dec 04, 2016
Nastydroid:
Anti-phishing.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 08, 2016
Has any lumia 930 user experienced over heating and battery drain when doing basic stuffs like texting or using whatsapp Is there a fix for this
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 08, 2016
HanXolo:
Has any lumia 930 user experienced over heating and battery drain when doing basic stuffs like texting or using whatsapp Is there a fix for this

Soft reset or hard reset.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 08, 2016
Vorpal:

Soft reset or hard reset.

volume key plus power button?
if thats it it didnt work for me..thinking of sending it back to jumia
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 10:58pm On Dec 08, 2016
HanXolo:

volume key plus power button? if thats it it didnt work for me..thinking of sending it back to jumia
No complete reset at settings.
Wipes the phone completely.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 3:58pm On Dec 11, 2016
HanXolo:
Nope. Take it back.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DJEhimond(m): 4:27pm On Dec 11, 2016
So I see a .448 update on my phone. I'm sure that must have accounted for the battery drain and abnormal brightness but is it also the reason why my phone is not charging anymore? Make una epp abev
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 8:52am On Dec 12, 2016
DJEhimond:
So I see a .448 update on my phone. I'm sure that must have accounted for the battery drain and abnormal brightness but is it also the reason why my phone is not charging anymore? Make una epp abev
What phone?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DJEhimond(m): 4:35pm On Dec 12, 2016
UjSizzle:
What phone?
Lumia 535
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 9:11pm On Dec 12, 2016
DJEhimond:

have long updated to .448 and am not experiencing that.... I once had issue of not charging on my L535 and I changed the charging port with 1K
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by arazanbal: 9:48pm On Dec 12, 2016
I saw smtn in google dt microsoft is planning to run full windows 10 OS in their mobile phones,that is it will be 32bit windows 10 via an emulator come 2017 ooo,guys make una google am ,microsoft r planing smtin bigger o

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DJEhimond(m): 5:19pm On Dec 13, 2016
Unseen:

have long updated to .448 and am not experiencing that.... I once had issue of not charging on my L535 and I changed the charging port with 1K
Thanks man. I finally updated but the charging issues still persist so I'll have to change the port.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 8:01pm On Dec 13, 2016
DJEhimond:
Thanks man. I finally updated but the charging issues still persist so I'll have to change the port.

Before changing the port, the technician should check if it's the port or panel....... Mine was port.. .. Changing phone panel is expensive and don't visit quack technician
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Larule007(m): 8:40am On Dec 16, 2016
Quite a while now my L535 has been reading only one sim at a time. Either sim1 is working or sim2, both ain't working together again. Pls what can i do to rectify dat? Thinking of resetting it, but i'm tired redownloading some apps after reset. Checked d 'smart dual sim' and it's showing ''OFF'' - then later go back to the 'extras' menu - guess course it's only reading one sim at a time or what. Pls what can i do? Thanks
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Mfunkynation(m): 5:35am On Dec 17, 2016
Did u update d phone?
Larule007:
Quite a while now my L535 has been reading only one sim at a time. Either sim1 is working or sim2, both ain't working together again. Pls what can i do to rectify dat? Thinking of resetting it, but i'm tired redownloading some apps after reset. Checked d 'smart dual sim' and it's showing ''OFF'' - then later go back to the 'extras' menu - guess course it's only reading one sim at a time or what. Pls what can i do? Thanks
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 9:10am On Dec 17, 2016
Larule007:

It's obvious you're still on win 8.1
Go to network + under settings and turn off 3G only. Then restart..... That's all
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Larule007(m): 8:31pm On Dec 17, 2016
Unseen:

It's obvious you're still on win 8.1
Go to network + under settings and turn off 3G only. Then restart..... That's all

I'm not on 8.1, i'm even on the latest 10.0.14393.448. And there's no network+ in settings again.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Larule007(m): 8:34pm On Dec 17, 2016
Mfunkynation:
Did u update d phone?
Yeah, on d latest win10 version

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (158) (Reply)

Links To Downgrade From BBM8 To BBM7 / Innjoo Note Discussion Thread / Code For Flashing Nokia Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.