Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,158 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja (46832 Views)

"What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" / Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood / Virgin Mary Image Seen On Hospital Window In Malaysia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by dollarlander: 5:13pm On Jul 22, 2013
Airhix: Sketching information about the Virgin Mary's Apparition in st Benedicts catholic church,Ubiaja in Esan south-East local government Area of Edo-state ,Nigeria, picture is every where in the blessed land of esan, no surprises at all from me ,because ubiaja was one of the home land of white missionaries who brought christianity to Esan land . As the Esan people celebrate a centenary celebration of Christianity ,its a mark of Blessed Mother of God's prayers to the Esan land. I would be heading to Ubiaja tomorrow to see the exact sport of the apparition . Blessed Mother of God , pray for me.

Devil is deceiving you. You might be serving God under course.

Exodus 20:4 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

If you are still bowing down to Mary or honouring her you are a MUMU!!!
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 22, 2013
Bonny Dominic: U dey read ur bible so? U guys r just interested in judgn,critisizing nd condenming pples faith. We don gooooo,una go remain 4 back.
don't mind the retards ...soulless people
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 22, 2013
[/quote]

But in this case it actually contradicts the bible.[quote]

how does it contradict the scripture?

for all those shouting bible this bble that.Sola bible is not a scriptural teaching rather it is a protestant teacing which they are trying to impose on everyone.
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 22, 2013
dollarlander:

Devil is deceiving you. You might be serving God under course.

Exodus 20:4 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

If you are still bowing down to Mary or honouring her you are a MUMU!!!

it is clear that u don't know the definition of worship . so stop talking about what u don't know. there is no worship without sacrifices being involved I as a pagan can tell u more about worship . do Catholics make sacrifices to Mary ? dum3 azz
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by dezulu1(f): 5:15pm On Jul 22, 2013
"Blessed are you amongst women"....y dint those pple go straight to christ in d wedding @ cana? De went tru mary init? Ds fn hapns evn in our own 'normal world'...derz no harm in having a mediator who shares in d same flesh wiv christ.
kixo: TRINITY says it all: God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit...
I am baffled why christians kneel down before a statue praying to Holy Mary to interceed for them.....
Jesus said, I am the way, the truth and the life, no one comes through the Father(God) except Me(Jesus)....

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 22, 2013
Mary's perfect sanctity

Some few patristic writers expressed their doubts as to the presence of minor moral defects in Our Blessed Lady. [77] St. Basil, e.g., suggests that Mary yielded to doubt on hearing the words of holy Simeon and on witnessing the crucifixion. [78] St. John Chrysostom is of opinion that Mary would have felt fear and trouble, unless the angel had explained the mystery of the Incarnation to her, and that she showed some vainglory at the marriage feast in Cana and on visiting her Son during His public life together with the brothers of the Lord. [79] St. Cyril of Alexandria [80] speaks of Mary's doubt and discouragement at the foot of the cross. But these Greek writers cannot be said to express an Apostolic tradition, when they express their private and singular opinions. Scripture and tradition agree in ascribing to Mary the greatest personal sanctity; She is conceived without the stain of original sin; she shows the greatest humility and patience in her daily life (Luke 1:38, 48); she exhibits an heroic patience under the most trying circumstances (Luke 2:7, 35, 48; John 19:25-27). When there is question of sin, Mary must always be excepted. [81] Mary's complete exemption from actual sin is confirmed by the Council of Trent (Session VI, Canon 23): "If any one say that man once justified can during his whole life avoid all sins, even venial ones, as the Church holds that the Blessed Virgin did by special privilege of God, let him be anathema." Theologians assert that Mary was impeccable, not by the essential perfection of her nature, but by a special Divine privilege. Moreover, the Fathers, at least since the fifth century, almost unanimously maintain that the Blessed Virgin never experienced the motions of concupiscence

1 Like

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by dezulu1(f): 5:18pm On Jul 22, 2013
God d fada,God d son,God d holy spirit(the trinity)...if these 3 r 1,tz logical den 4 U̶̲̥̅̊ to say she is d moda of God(God d son ,of course)....undastnd fns b4 talkin dear...get to d root! Read more!!!
bee444: looks like a stain on the wall for me. Take a closer look at the bottom of the said figure, you'd see a dripping line narrowing to the left. That doesn't look convincing, does it?

..And why call Mary mother of God? Jesus is not God (the maker of heaven and earth). God cannot be giving birth to!
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by onuwaje(m): 5:18pm On Jul 22, 2013
This is nonsense!!! This clearly shows that a statue was just removed from that spot!.... And by d way why is it that when catholics claim to see an appariton people seems to gain interest but when other denominations claim to see biblical figures they re seen as lunatics!! Y

1 Like

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 22, 2013
onuwaje: This is nonsense!!! This clearly shows that a statue was just removed from that spot!.... And by d way why is it that when catholics claim to see an appariton people seems to gain interest but when other denominations claim to see biblical figures they re seen as lunatics!! Y
don't compare ur meaningless congregation with the catholic church . the only one and true church . the apostolic church .
do u have 2billion of followers ?
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 22, 2013
The miracle in Cana

The evangelists connect Mary's name with three different events in Our Lord's public life: with the miracle in Cana, with His preaching, and with His passion. The first of these incidents is related in John 2:1-10.

There was a marriage feast in Cana of Galilee. . .and the mother of Jesus was there. And Jesus also was invited, and his disciples, to the marriage. And the wine failing, the mother of Jesus saith to him: They have no wine. And Jesus saith to her: Woman, what is that to me and to thee? my hour is not yet come.

One naturally supposes that one of the contracting parties was related to Mary, and that Jesus had been invited on account of his mother's relationship. The couple must have been rather poor, since the wine was actually failing. Mary wishes to save her friends from the shame of not being able to provide properly for the guests, and has recourse to her Divine Son. She merely states their need, without adding any further petition. In addressing women, Jesus uniformly employs the word "woman" (Matthew 15:28; Luke 13:12; John 4:21; 8:10; 19:26; 20:15), an expression used by classical writers as a respectful and honourable address. [82] The above cited passages show that in the language of Jesus the address "woman" has a most respectful meaning. The clause "what is that to me and to thee" renders the Greek ti emoi kai soi, which in its turn corresponds to the Hebrew phrase mah li walakh. This latter occurs in Judges 11:12; 2 Samuel 16:10; 19:23; 1 Kings 17:18; 2 Kings 3:13; 9:18; 2 Chronicles 35:21. The New Testament shows equivalent expressions in Matthew 8:29; Mark 1:24; Luke 4:34; 8:28; Matthew 27:19. The meaning of the phrase varies according to the character of the speakers, ranging from a most pronounced opposition to a courteous compliance. Such a variable meaning makes it hard for the translator to find an equally variable equivalent. "What have I to do with thee", "this is neither your nor my business", "why art thou troublesome to me", "allow me to attend to this", are some of the renderings suggested. In general, the words seem to refer to well or ill-meant importunity which they endeavour to remove. The last part of Our Lord's answer presents less difficulty to the interpreter: "my hour is not yet come", cannot refer to the precise moment at which the need of wine will require the miraculous intervention of Jesus; for in the language of St. John "my hour" or "the hour" denotes the time preordained for some important event (John 4:21-23; 5:25-28; 7:30; 8:29; 12:23; 13:1; 16:21; 17:1). Hence the meaning of Our Lord's answer is: "Why are you troubling me by asking me for such an intervention? The divinely appointed time for such a manifestation has not yet come"; or, "why are you worrying? has not the time of manifesting my power come?" The former of these meanings implies that on account of the intercession of Mary Jesus anticipated the time set for the manifestation of His miraculous power [83]; the second meaning is obtained by understanding the last part of Our Lord's words as a question, as was done by St. Gregory of Nyssa [84], and by the Arabic version of Tatian's "Diatessaron" (Rome, 1888). [85] Mary understood her Son's words in their proper sense; she merely warned the waiters, "Whatsoever he shall say to you, do ye" (John 2:5). There can be no question of explaining Jesus' answer in the sense of a refusal
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by BonnyDominic: 5:21pm On Jul 22, 2013
whether anyone likes it or not,Mary is d Mother of God d Son wu is d saviour of d world. She deserve our honour cos God honours her first. D church will not stop facing persecution but one thing i knw is dat d gate of hell nd dos judgers,criticizers,antagonist,bad belles etc cannot, i repeat cannot prevail against it. Mk dos wey no gv Mama Mary regard go house,luk dea mother face, tell her say she be FAKE.
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 22, 2013
Fact# : Protestants&co spend more time talking about Catholic than Catholics talk about them

1 Like

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 22, 2013
Mary's perpetual virginity

In connection with the study of Mary during Our Lord's hidden life, we meet the questions of her perpetual virginity, of her Divine motherhood, and of her personal sanctity. Her spotless virginity has been sufficiently considered in the article on the Virgin Birth. The authorities there cited maintain that Mary remained a virgin when she conceived and gave birth to her Divine Son, as well as after the birth of Jesus. Mary's question (Luke 1:34), the angel's answer (Luke 1:35-37), Joseph's way of behaving in his doubt (Matthew 1:19-25), Christ's words addressed to the Jews (John 8:19) show that Mary retained her virginity during the conception of her Divine Son. [65]

As to Mary's virginity after her childbirth, it is not denied by St. Matthew's expressions "before they came together" (1:18), "her firstborn son" (1:25), nor by the fact that the New Testament books repeatedly refer to the "brothers of Jesus". [66] The words "before they came together" mean probably, "before they lived in the same house", referring to the time when they were merely betrothed; but even if the words be understood of marital intercourse, they only state that the Incarnation took place before any such intercourse had intervened, without implying that it did occur after the Incarnation of the Son of God. [67]

The same must be said of the expression, "and he knew her not till she brought forth her firstborn son" (Matthew 1:25); the Evangelist tells us what did not happen before the birth of Jesus, without suggesting that it happened after his birth. [68] The name "firstborn" applies to Jesus whether his mother remained a virgin or gave birth to other children after Jesus; among the Jews it was a legal name [69], so that its occurrence in the Gospel cannot astonish us.

Finally, the "brothers of Jesus" are neither the sons of Mary, nor the brothers of Our Lord in the proper sense of the word, but they are His cousins or the more or less near relatives. [70] The Church insists that in His birth the Son of God did not lessen but consecrate the virginal integrity of His mother (Secret in Mass of Purification). The Fathers express themselves in similar language concerning this privilege of Mary
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 22, 2013
Mary's perpetual virginity

In connection with the study of Mary during Our Lord's hidden life, we meet the questions of her perpetual virginity, of her Divine motherhood, and of her personal sanctity. Her spotless virginity has been sufficiently considered in the article on the Virgin Birth. The authorities there cited maintain that Mary remained a virgin when she conceived and gave birth to her Divine Son, as well as after the birth of Jesus. Mary's question (Luke 1:34), the angel's answer (Luke 1:35-37), Joseph's way of behaving in his doubt (Matthew 1:19-25), Christ's words addressed to the Jews (John 8:19) show that Mary retained her virginity during the conception of her Divine Son. [65]

As to Mary's virginity after her childbirth, it is not denied by St. Matthew's expressions "before they came together" (1:18), "her firstborn son" (1:25), nor by the fact that the New Testament books repeatedly refer to the "brothers of Jesus". [66] The words "before they came together" mean probably, "before they lived in the same house", referring to the time when they were merely betrothed; but even if the words be understood of marital intercourse, they only state that the Incarnation took place before any such intercourse had intervened, without implying that it did occur after the Incarnation of the Son of God. [67]

The same must be said of the expression, "and he knew her not till she brought forth her firstborn son" (Matthew 1:25); the Evangelist tells us what did not happen before the birth of Jesus, without suggesting that it happened after his birth. [68] The name "firstborn" applies to Jesus whether his mother remained a virgin or gave birth to other children after Jesus; among the Jews it was a legal name [69], so that its occurrence in the Gospel cannot astonish us.

Finally, the "brothers of Jesus" are neither the sons of Mary, nor the brothers of Our Lord in the proper sense of the word, but they are His cousins or the more or less near relatives. [70] The Church insists that in His birth the Son of God did not lessen but consecrate the virginal integrity of His mother (Secret in Mass of Purification). The Fathers express themselves in similar language concerning this privilege of Mary
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Cynluv(f): 5:24pm On Jul 22, 2013
This ȋ̝̊̅§ not the first time virgin mary ȋ̝̊̅§ appearing and it will not be the last! I have witness her apperance I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ enugu state.holy mary,pray 4 us sinners

1 Like

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by onuwaje(m): 5:24pm On Jul 22, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: don't compare ur meaningless congregation with the catholic church . the only one and true church . the apostolic church .
what's d difference between u and idol worshippers?!!!... It is written 'thou shall not place any image in form of me' you and ur 2billion gay priests are nothing but a bunch or nitwiits!! D**khead. *spits*

1 Like

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 22, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: scriptures . it doesn't have to b explicit or in full word, how do u call what happened in Canaan? undecided undecided
Mary interceding for Human is in the bible .so what's ur problem?

answer the question, yes or no... Stop beating around the bush
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by dezulu1(f): 5:27pm On Jul 22, 2013
Kashimawo, U̶̲̥̅r own brain is damaged nd beyond repairs if his is damaged.
kasheemawo: so God has mother? Who is now God's father? Am sorry to say ur brain is already damaged
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by bokohalal(m): 5:27pm On Jul 22, 2013
Dan bura uba! Who is doing this to my people?
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jul 22, 2013
onuwaje: what's d difference between u and idol worshippers?!!!... It is written 'thou shall not place any image in form of me' you and ur 2billion gay priests are nothing but a bunch or nitwiits!! D**khead. *spits*
pastor worshipper I will answer ur question when u buy a jet like the wives' snatcher u guys call pastors. lwkmd. so when are u going to buy a jet?
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jul 22, 2013
ochongonoko:

answer the question, yes or no... Stop beating around the bush
did u ask me something?
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Cynluv(f): 5:29pm On Jul 22, 2013
onuwaje: what's d difference between u and idol worshippers?!!!... It is written 'thou shall not place any image in form of me' you and ur 2billion gay priests are nothing but a bunch or nitwiits!! D**khead. *spits*
Don't bring a life curse upon urself and ur generations
May God have mercy on u
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Beey(f): 5:29pm On Jul 22, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: don't compare ur meaningless congregation with the catholic church . the only one and true church . the apostolic church .
Meaningless congregation you say?The blood-bought church of Christ cannot be meaningless.A price has been paid for all those that believe in Christ regardless of denomination.Are you trying to say that the Catholic church now has the monopoly of God.It's not about numbers btw.It's about your heart and whom you have. Believed. The church cannot take one to heaven.Speaking of the Catholic church, the apostles established the Catholic church Meaning that all believers were united before men came & brought in some twisted doctrines and started the ROMAN CATHOLIC.Come out of your self-righteous religious piety.
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by dezulu1(f): 5:29pm On Jul 22, 2013
Maybe U̶̲̥̅̊ were d 1 she gave birth to afterwards shey? Rubbish!
the_ripper3: How can she still be a virgin even when she gave birth to some other people after jesus.

Catholics should leave this delusion for the Muslims abeg.

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by onuwaje(m): 5:29pm On Jul 22, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: pastor worshipper I will answer ur question when u buy a jet like the wives' snatcher u guys call pastors. lwkmd. so when are u going to buy a jet?
soon hater soon...
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by BonnyDominic: 5:30pm On Jul 22, 2013
Lenny5000:

There was no Apparition of MARY and there has never been one throughout history. WHY? Because Mary was a mortal that lived and died. She is not DIVINE! Again God have messengers to do his errands and these messengers are called ANGELS! Now tell me why on earth would Mary be making an appearance? What purpose does it serve? Whenever it comes to things of GOD, we should remove our personal feelings and beliefs and stay within Scriptures. Again there was never a Picture or Image of Mary, so why conclude that the Statute, Image or Apparition of A White woman whose head is covered is MARY? What makes her Mary?... If you collect all the Millions of Statues and Pictures of Mary around the world, you would be looking at more that a thousand different women and yet they call these different women one and the same MARY! Please let us leave the "Traditions of men and Focus on GOD... Stay Blessed
Oga Lenny, u seem to be a bible scholar, pls a question nd an errand. Do U knw aw come abt d px nd statute of Jesus? If yes tell us. Secondly read Rev12:1-17 nd tell us wat U read. Tnks
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 22, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

this has already been debunked . Mary stayed virgin .
they are cousins of Jesus not his blood brother(if we can call it like that)
In Igbo there is no word for cousins they are all called brothers . u can ask Afam tongue tongue tongue

in igbo, there's a name for cousin..stop lying

ok, so igbo language was now spoken by peter, john and co?...smh
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by onuwaje(m): 5:31pm On Jul 22, 2013
Cynluv:
Don't bring a life curse upon urself and ur generations
May God have mercy on u
it is u and ur generations that re already cursed!!!! Stop worshipping idols.... SIMPLE!!!
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 22, 2013
free2ryhme:

Debunked by who?human or the word of God ( Bible)

who is afam where the bible exist ..

no mind am grin
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jul 22, 2013
stop telling them the truth, catholics never accept the truth..they breed in deceit and falsehood
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by luluosas(m): 5:34pm On Jul 22, 2013
Airhix: Sketching information about the Virgin Mary's Apparition in st Benedicts catholic church,Ubiaja in Esan south-East local government Area of Edo-state ,Nigeria, picture is every where in the blessed land of esan, no surprises at all from me ,because ubiaja was one of the home land of white missionaries who brought christianity to Esan land . As the Esan people celebrate a centenary celebration of Christianity ,its a mark of Blessed Mother of God's prayers to the Esan land. I would be heading to Ubiaja tomorrow to see the exact sport of the apparition . Blessed Mother of God , pray for me.
Deceit of the devil.
Catholics, stop wasting your time and stop deceiving yourselves. Mary is not the mother of God, for GOD cannot be conceived nor giving birth to.
Mary was only favoured as a virgin woman to have been the instrument God used to fulfil the Prophecy of the virgin birth of OUR LORD and Saviour, Jesus Christ.
Now, ever since the prophecy was fulfilled when Jesus was born, Mary seized to be anything again. She does not deserve any form of honour, worship or reverence, as she is not God, neither is she occupying any place in the plan of God Almighty.
Mary was an ordinary woman and she will remain so, as far as the plan of God for salvation and redemption for mankind is concerned.
Catholics, destroy the images of Jesus Christ, Mary, angels, or supposed saints in your churches. They are nothing but idols, which if you people don't destroy, remove from among you and repent for your salvation and redemption, you are all heading to HELL FIRE. I have warned you people right now.
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by swaggzo(m): 5:36pm On Jul 22, 2013

haha.. I'll just keep reading on o.. laugh one kill me.
una just dae argue trash.. those wey go make heaven go make am. those wey go burn for hell go burn, no matter ur believe or religion. if u like worship God, if you like worship stone... if you ain't doing the right things, you ain't doing nothing.. nigga!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Father Mbaka Speaks On Assassination Attempt, Gunshots Fired At Him (Video) / Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos / George Weah Visits TB Joshua's SCOAN (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.