Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,958 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja (46812 Views)

"What Does The Bible Say About The Virgin Mary?" / Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood / Virgin Mary Image Seen On Hospital Window In Malaysia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jul 22, 2013
Afam4eva:
You can;t be two things at the same time. it's either you're pagan or a Catholic. The two are at variance with each other. You can't be a pagan and be defending the Catholicism you no longer practice. If you believed so much in Catholicism, you would have still being a catholic. The day i decide not to be a Christian again, you won't see me defending Christianity against Islam or any other religion. I think you're confused. Make up your mind fast
* run* . i despise protestants(sorry i can't help) . what do u mean by defending? i'm telling you that protestants are on the wrong path . that's all if you want to b "Christian" u better b Catholic. when u want to practice something take the right thing.

Ps: i'm a new pagan and i'm surrounded by Catholics so of course i still have some Catholic influence
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Afam4eva(m): 3:37pm On Jul 22, 2013
Another angle to the story is, how do you guys know how Virgin Mary looks?
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Abrakhan: 3:39pm On Jul 22, 2013
so what? ;Dso what?
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Afam4eva(m): 3:40pm On Jul 22, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: * run* . i despise protestants(sorry i can't help) . what do u mean by defending? i'm telling you that protestants are on the wrong path . that's all if you want to b "Christian" u better b Catholic. when u want to practice something take the right thing.

Ps: i'm a new pagan and i'm surrounded by Catholics so of course i still have some Catholic influence
I'm a protestant(whatever that means) but not by choice. If you check my post history in the religious section, you'll notice that i attack the protestants more and i have on some occassions praised the Catholic church for being the biggest givers in Christendom and also one of the few churches that have not being consumed by materializing like we see in pentecostal churches. But that won't also stop me from criticizing what appears to be wrong based on my average knowledge of the bible.
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 22, 2013
Afam4eva: Another angle to the story is, how do you guys know how Virgin Mary looks?
undecided what's the aim of your question
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 22, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: I'm not Christian , I don't belong in your made up word( that u protestant& co created to use Catholic as shield) . Catholic are Catholic. I don't want to b associated with people who insult the mother of God, disrespect the pope or don't recognize his authority , don't consider the Catholic Church as the only true church, the only apostolic church etc ....stop trying to put us in the same basket. stand on your own feet .

besides I can't help most of u talk rubbish .and are clueless about the religion.

Ps: i'm proudly Pagan but former Catholic(so I can't miss an occasion to put some sense in your protestant thick heads)

Confusion at its peak, even more confusing is the fact that you think I'm a protestant.
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Afam4eva(m): 3:42pm On Jul 22, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: undecided what's the aim of your question
The aim is that, if you say you saw an image of Mary then you must know what the real mary looks like but it seems everyone keeps using the image they see in Calenders to judge what Mary looks like.
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 22, 2013
masonkz:

Confusion at its peak, even more confusing is the fact that you think I'm a protestant.
i really don't care about your congregation . if u call yourself "Christian" and u are not Catholic . u are stupid . that's all
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 22, 2013
Afam4eva:
I'm a protestant(whatever that means) but not by choice. If you check my post history in the religious section, you'll notice that i attack the protestants more and i have on some occassions praised the Catholic church for being the biggest givers in Christendom and also one of the few churches that have not being consumed by materializing like we see in pentecostal churches. But that won't also stop me from criticizing what appears to be wrong based on my average knowledge of the bible.
well so we are on the same boat . despite being a pagan , i'm able to criticize protestants & co . there's no way u can't b friend with someone who insults your mother . why do u want ur mother to b honored/respected and not the mother of your God?
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Afam4eva(m): 3:49pm On Jul 22, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: well so we are on the same boat . despite being a pagan , i'm able to criticize protestants & co . there's no way u can't b friend with someone who insults your mother . why do u want ur mother to b honored/respected and not the mother of your God?
Where did i state that it's wrong to honour Mary? My point is that what Catholics do is wayy more than Honoring. It's quasi-worshipping. There's no day i hear Catholics pray that i don't hear Mary in it. That can't possibly be honoring. may had no spiritual powers and was no disciple of God. She was just a woman that was used to bring Jesus to the world. it could have been any woman.
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jul 22, 2013
Afam4eva:
The aim is that, if you say you saw an image of Mary then you must know what the real mary looks like but it seems everyone keeps using the image they see in Calenders to judge what Mary looks like.
u have a good point. however based on the teachings of the Bible( we are able to know the semetic origins of Mary therefore we can kinda imagine of she looked like.

Do u know how the real jesus Looks like? don't u have a representation of him in your temple?
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by tunjidj3: 3:50pm On Jul 22, 2013
stop sayiny unbiblical so are u saying nothing new can not happen that we become our own generation history that we be part of life style that other generation unknown can practice.
Note your everyday life is history to those unborn
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 22, 2013
Airhix: Sketching information about the Virgin Mary's Apparition in st Benedicts catholic church,Ubiaja in Esan south-East local government Area of Edo-state ,Nigeria, picture is every where in the blessed land of esan, no surprises at all from me ,because ubiaja was one of the home land of white missionaries who brought christianity to Esan land . As the Esan people celebrate a centenary celebration of Christianity ,its a mark of Blessed Mother of God's prayers to the Esan land. I would be heading to Ubiaja tomorrow to see the exact sport of the apparition . Blessed Mother of God , pray for me.

I THOUGHT JESUS CHRIST THOUGHT HOW TO PRAY....HMMM
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Afam4eva(m): 3:53pm On Jul 22, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: u have a good point. however based on the teachings of the Bible( we are able to know the semetic origins of Mary therefore we can kinda imagine of she looked like.

Do u know how the real jesus Looks like? don't u have a representation of him in your temple?
If Mary was Igbo will you be able to represent her too? Does everyone from the Igbo tribe look alike? Are everybody from semetic origin identical?

The same thing applies to the image of Jesus and in the churches i attend, there's no such thing as a representation of Jesus. The only thing you would find is a cross, chikena.

1 Like

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by swaggzo(m): 3:56pm On Jul 22, 2013
Some Christians are very funny. They don't know how to practice Christianity

They say virgin Mary appear somewhere

Ok

is that what your own mother Mary looks like?. as smallish and shorter than a single window pane?
haba guys.. you don't need a wolves nose to smell or sense the dead fouls play from that so called appiration image. I can even draw that with my pee!

look well.. zoom in.
from my own sight of view, I think I saw a hand holding a statue, stretched out. that's all. there wasn't no appiration or some sort of silly a$$ religious shi.t.. yeah.
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by OBILOLIGHT(m): 3:57pm On Jul 22, 2013
I would shed blood. Yes i would. If i were the 'earthly' mother of the Saviour of the world. After being with him all his life and seeing that all his words, thought and deeds were directed at showing all men that he Jesus was the way to heaven, the truth of all religion, and the life now called Christianity. If Mary shed tears watching her son suffer and die for you. What do you think she would be shedding watching you ignore all Christ did for you and now we focus on her. Why? is it biblical? Did Christ command it? Why take chances with your soul? Christ family were as he said THOSE THAT DO THE WILL OF MY FATHER. In these times of uncertainty, doubt and diversity.CHRIST SHOULD BE OUR FOCUS. BE HEAVENLY FOCUSED. Mary should be an icon not an idol. WHICH IS BETTER HONOURING MARY AND MISSING HEAVEN. OR HONOURING CHRIST AND MAKING HEAVEN. You can't serve two masters... Even if they are related.
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Beey(f): 3:57pm On Jul 22, 2013
At this age people are still chasing after images and shadows instead of chasing after God?What's this obsession that Catholics have with Mary praying for them?Is it even Biblical??I don't mean to attack your faith,even my Dad is Catholic though we differ on certain issues when it comes to faith.But the Bible calls both Jesus and the HolySpirit our intercessors.It says that the HolySpirit is groaning before the father.Jesus is called the High priest who's intercerding for us before the father.Mary was just a humanbeing,who was favored by God.When the curtain was torn into two after Jesus died & later rose,we were given direct access to the father. You and I don't need men to be our intercessors whether the saints or Mary.We all have direct access to God.

2 Likes

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Afam4eva(m): 3:58pm On Jul 22, 2013
Beey: At this age people are still chasing after images and shadows instead of chasing after God?What's this obsession that Catholics have with Mary praying for them?Is it even Biblical??I don't mean to attack your faith,even my Dad is Catholic though we differ on certain issues when it comes to faith.But the Bible calls both Jesus and the HolySpirit our intercessors.It says that the HolySpirit is groaning before the father.Jesus is called the High priest who's intercerding for us before the father.Mary was just a humanbeing,who was favored God.When the curtain was torn into two after Jesus died& later rose,we were given direct accessto the father. You and I don't need men to be our intercessors whether thesaints or Mary.We all have direct access to God.
You just hit the nail on the head.

1 Like

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 22, 2013
Afam4eva:
You are an illierate. I said "What importance does she have to Christendom"?

gringrin
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 22, 2013
Afam4eva:
Where did i state that it's wrong to honour Mary? My point is that what Catholics do is wayy more than Honoring. It's quasi-worshipping. There's no day i hear Catholics pray that i don't hear Mary in it. That can't possibly be honoring. may had no spiritual powers and was no disciple of God. She was just a woman that was used to bring Jesus to the world. it could have been any woman.
it is only an impression .
i really don't get your point. they shouldn't pray Mary to intercede for them or what?

Od course she was a woman, hope u didn't expect a man . it couldn't have been any woman . GOD knows best . lemme ask u do you think it was necessary to send Gabriel to her? since we all agree that God knows best and that she was a mere conduct to bring Jesus on earth . what did God send Gabriel to her? why did he say all generations should call u blessed? being the mother of God is a blessing even in God's book so she was the chosen one and deserve all kind of honors she gets. and there's no real "Christian" who will call Mary a LovePeddler like most Protestants do . esp that dude called frosbel

God made her special who are u to say she's not? did Gabriel said to any woman that all generations should call her blessed? he said it to Mary.

Now what was the first miracle of Jesus . who the people went to see? why? who asked Jesus to help them? what did Jesus said first?
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 22, 2013
Afam4eva:
If Mary was Igbo will you be able to represent her too? Does everyone from the Igbo tribe look alike? Are everybody from semetic origin identical?

The same thing applies to the image of Jesus and in the churches i attend, there's no such thing as a representation of Jesus. The only thing you would find is a cross, chikena.
like i said it is just a representation . i have been in many churches . in some she's is black in others she is white, or brown. it doesn't have any importance .
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Adamskuty(m): 4:05pm On Jul 22, 2013
O'yemie:
Y wld Mary still be carrying Jesus?the Jesus i know grew up, died , ressurected and ascended to heaven..so who is dat child Mary is still carrying?[
quote author=cutievik]Guys believe it or yes it was real,I was there it was said by the priest of the churuch during his sermon in the service that Jesus would visit them yesterday,At about 12PM yesterday the image was found on the left upper most part of the church.I came to uromi to pay a visit to my grandma which I had to just stop by at ubiaja to see my aunty when I noticed the whole town was agog with people all trouping to the church to see the image of mary which they said appeared on the wall,so my cousins and my aunt said we should join them,so w e did.When we got to the church believe I shouted out to my cosins saying 'Na water be this'I had to turn round to verify by the wall behind was as dry as a desert,there and then. I agree it was and image but who's image I do not knw,all I saw was a woman carrying a child of which I haven't seen marry before so I cudn't tell.But if there was an image on the was YES THERE WAS!!!
hhahahahhaha! F00ls,i thought God said he wasn't begotten nor beget?? Moda'vckers! grin
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Afam4eva(m): 4:05pm On Jul 22, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: it is only an impression .
i really don't get your point. they shouldn't pray Mary to intercede for them or what?
They should only if the bible says they should. Did the bible state it anywhere that we can pray to mary to intercede on our behalf. The bible only made mention of Jesus. Jesus even said it that "No one cometh to the father except through me". This is the bible that i'm quoting to you.
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by swaggzo(m): 4:06pm On Jul 22, 2013
Afam4eva:
You just hit the nail on the head.

on CAMEROONPRIDE's headcheesy
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 22, 2013
Afam4eva:
They should only if the bible says they should. Did the bible state it anywhere that we can pray to mary to intercede on our behalf. The bible only made mention of Jesus. Jesus even said it that "No one cometh to the father except through me". This is the bible that i'm quoting to you.
did the bible asked you to make the sign of the cross , when u enter the church or before praying?

did the bible asked u to sing loud?

did the bible asked u the shout blood of Jesus anyhow?
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Afam4eva(m): 4:07pm On Jul 22, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: like i said it is just a representation . i have been in many churches . in some she's is black in others she is white, or brown.that's really doesn't have any importance .
But representations is not the same thing as the real thing. So, i don't know why i should believe the image of mary in Edo state if it's meant to be just a representation. Btw, Jesus and God is supposed to be represented in our hearts and not in images.

1 Like

Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Beey(f): 4:09pm On Jul 22, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: it is only an impression .

Od course she was a woman, hope u didn't expect a man . it couldn't have been any woman . GOD knows best . lemme ask u do you think it was necessary to send Gabriel to her? since we all agree that God knows best and that she was a mere conduct to bring Jesus on earth . what did God send Gabriel to her? why did he say all generations should call u blessed? being the mother of God is a blessing even in God's book so she was the chosen one and deserve all kind of honors she gets. and there's no real "Christian" who will call Mary a LovePeddler like most Protestants do . esp that dude called frosbel

God made her special who are u to say she's not? did Gabriel said to any woman that all generations should call her blessed? he said it to Mary.

Now what was the first miracle of Jesus . who the people went to see? why? who asked Jesus to help them? what did Jesus said first?
But Mary isn't the only woman in the Bible that received angelic visitation.What of Elizabeth & Samson's mother??What shall we say of Moses that saw God at the mountain?He's the only one in the Bible & that makes him very special.Should we know start asking him to pray for us?Come out of idolatry.
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Afam4eva(m): 4:10pm On Jul 22, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: did the bible asked you to make the sign of the cross , when u enter the church or before praying?

did the bible asked u to sing loud?

did the bible asked u the shout blood of Jesus anyhow?
I quoted a part of the bible that says that jesus is the only intercessor which invariably means that no one else can assume that status. So, these questions don't make sense except you can tell me where the bible says we should sing low as opposed to singly loud or where the bible says we shoult not shout the blood of Jesus. These things were invented by humans without scriptural backings but that doesn't mean it's wrong to do these things. It's different from going against what the bible says.
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jul 22, 2013
Afam4eva:
But representations is not the same thing as the real thing. So, i don't know why i should believe the image of mary in Edo state if it's meant to be just a representation. Btw, Jesus and God is supposed to be represented in our hearts and not in images.
i have never seen God image in the catholic church or i'm missing something?

and please since we must follow the bible , can u tell us where exactly Jesus said do not represent me?

i don't see the face or the color of marry in these pics so what are u worrying about? di
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by agbalej(m): 4:13pm On Jul 22, 2013
I was in d church when all of a sudden, d image started appearin on d wall. We were all amazed at d sight of it, as i was seated right there where d image is. I jst came back frm dia nw n d image is stil present. We r nt 2 judge, b b dt as it may, i ve 2 things in mind. Its is eida such is 2 prove dt dia s power in d Catholic church, or dt d people ve sinned. Until d air is cleared on ds by d church, i refuse 2 judge. Besides, in d days of Jesus Christ, dia ws Doubtin Thomas! I am a native of Ubiaja, i saw it myself.
Re: Virgin Mary's Image Seen In Edo At St Benedicts Catholic Church In Ubiaja by Afam4eva(m): 4:13pm On Jul 22, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: i have never seen God image in the catholic church or i'm missing something?

and please since we must follow the bible , can u tell us where exactly Jesus said do not represent me?

i don't see the face or the color of marry in these pics so what are u worrying about? di
You're shifting goal post. The thread is about Mary's image been cited in Edo state and i said since we don't know what the real Mary looks like, we can't say it's Mary's image but we can say it's "Accepted Mary's image" or some thing else. I'm not in anyway against those images. I'm just saying that they should remain what they are "Representations".

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Sins That Cry To Heaven For Vengeance / Father Mbaka Speaks On Assassination Attempt, Gunshots Fired At Him (Video) / Churches, Mosques To Remain Closed In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.