Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,816 members, 7,810,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

Jonathan Running A 'one-man-Show' In PDP - Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Running A 'one-man-Show' In PDP - Amaechi (16848 Views)

PMB: The Dangers Of One-man-show - Steve Osuji (The Nation) / Patience Jonathan Fuelled My Conflict With President, PDP – Amaechi / PDP: Amaechi Has Only 5 Commissioners, 7 Lawmakers Left Ernest Chinwo In Port (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Running A 'one-man-Show' In PDP - Amaechi by bcomputer101: 5:59am On Jul 22, 2013
Rivers State Governor Rotimi Amaechi has accused President Goodluck Jonathan of turning the Peoples Democratic Party into a “one-man show” and of condoning “impunity and authoritarianism” in an effort to ensure re-election in 2015.

Amaechi, in an interview he granted the Financial Times of London, added that the President and his wife, Patience, were bent on removing him from office.

He traced his travails to a perceived fear in the Presidency that whoever was in charge of the Nigeria Governor’s Forum had the capacity to influence the presidential election in 2015.

The embattled governor said, “There is this fear in the Presidential Villa that whoever chairs the governors’ forum will influence the presidential election,” Amaechi told FT in Port Harcourt on Tuesday.

In a report posted by FT on Sunday, he alleged that “what has happened has been engineered to the point where the President and his wife are trying to remove me from office.”

“We are seeing an absence of law and order that can breed anarchy. It seems those at Federal Government level are not interested in democracy, but impunity and authoritarianism. The President needs to check this,” the governor added.

Amaechi also told the FT that he had not decided on his plans for 2015. He said that efforts by some in the PDP leadership to claim that he had lost the governors’ forum vote, despite him obtaining 19 votes to his challenger’s (Jonah Jang of Plateau State) 16, was a concerning sign ahead of 2015.

“If they can accept 16 over 19, people should be worried,” he said.

But spokesman for the President, Reuben Abati, denied that Jonathan and his wife were in any way involved in Amaechi’s travails.

“This is all local Rivers politics,” Abati said. “It’s convenient to drag the President into this, but it is not true. All these allegations are baseless.”

Meanwhile, the Rivers State Police Command and the state government on Sunday traded words on the whereabouts of the the Majority Leader of the House of Assembly, Mr. Chidi Lloyd.

Lloyd was last week declared wanted by the police command a few hours before Force headquarters in Abuja invited him for allegedly attacking another lawmaker with a mace during the free-for-all in the Assembly. The fracas was caused by an attempt by five lawmakers loyal to the Minister of State for Education, Nyesom Wike to unseat the speaker.

While the state government claimed that the Police knew where to find the embattled lawmaker, the spokesperson for the command, said they would not have declared him wanted if they knew where to locate him.

Chief of Staff, Government House, Port Harcourt, Mr. Tony Okocha, who accused the police of bias in handling the crisis, said they (police) were free to search the Government House for Lloyd.

He said, “Lloyd is not in Government House. He has been receiving treatment since the incident in the House of Assembly. I am sure that the police know where he is. You can see how one-sided they (police) are.

“Even when Evans Bipi was the first to hit Chidi Lloyd, the only person declared wanted is Lloyd. We saw a video clip where Bipi was boasting that he hit Chidi Lloyd. We also heard how he dealt Ngo, a lawmaker in the House a blow.

“We are shocked that nobody is inviting them (Bipi and four other anti-Rotimi Amaechi lawmakers) for interrogation. In the matter, there must be what we call cause and effect relationship. Bipi was the first to hit Lloyd before he (Lloyd) retaliated.”

Okocha however said the government was ready to embrace anything that would ensure that peace reigned in the state.

The State Police Public Relations Officer, Mrs. Angela Agabe, however, said it was wrong for any person to insinuate that the police knew the whereabouts of the Majority Leader.

Agabe, who spoke with The PUNCH said that the police were not biased in handling of the matter.

“If the police knew where Chidi Lloyd is, they (police) would not have declared him wanted. The search for the lawmaker over the assault on a fellow member is still on,” she explained.

The PDP in the state had earlier accused Governor Amaechi of hiding Lloyd in the Government House.

A statement by the Special Adviser to the state party Chairman, Mr. Jerry Needam, called on the government to hand over Lloyd to the police for investigation.

“The Rivers State Governor knows where Lloyd, declared wanted by the police is hiding. We call on the state government to hand him over to the police for investigation,” Needam said.

Also on Sunday, the Action Congress of Nigeria accused the PDP of being unrelenting in its determination to overheat the polity and set the country on fire .

In a statement in Lagos on Sunday by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the ACN said it was left with no choice than to reach that conclusion after a faction of Rivers PDP reportedly loyal to President Jonathan expelled Amaechi, at a time all people of goodwill were calling for a resolution of the state’s lingering crisis.

It warned that since PDP ‘s sole interest was power and not the responsibility that goes with it, it must be checked through all constitutional means before it plunges the country into chaos.

The ACN said one of the reasons Amaechi had been targeted by his “all-powerful enemies”, who have used national institutions – including the police – against him, was his strenuous defence of the NGF.

http://www.punchng.com/news/president-running-a-one-man-show-in-pdp-amaechi/

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Running A 'one-man-Show' In PDP - Amaechi by Burger01(m): 6:01am On Jul 22, 2013
This Amaechi self!

sad
Re: Jonathan Running A 'one-man-Show' In PDP - Amaechi by Pk001(m): 6:18am On Jul 22, 2013
Won't this guy shut up!!

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Running A 'one-man-Show' In PDP - Amaechi by KwoiZabo(m): 6:46am On Jul 22, 2013
This is not a fight for good governance but a purely political fight and the last time i checked the president is far stronger politically than a state governor coupled with the enormous support this president has from the people. Governors from the South-west, Orji Kalu e.t.c have advised this man but he has chosen to stick to arrogance. Anyway i am all eyes and ears as events unfold.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Running A 'one-man-Show' In PDP - Amaechi by seunfly: 6:57am On Jul 22, 2013
Pk001: Won't this guy shut up!!
When presidency is using all d presidential amoury and state resources to pepetuate inpunity against him, if he was you, won't u shout out so that people will know what is going and curb d excesses.

22 Likes

Re: Jonathan Running A 'one-man-Show' In PDP - Amaechi by Brimmie(m): 6:57am On Jul 22, 2013
[size=20]Its Been Long We Heard Frm Bipi's Brother; Reuben Abati! grin[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Running A 'one-man-Show' In PDP - Amaechi by bcomputer101: 7:04am On Jul 22, 2013
Pk001: Won't this guy shut up!!

You are insulting a man who is old enough to be your father!

Mr. Seun!!! Please get me a MASE or sledge hammer, blade, scissor, tread and needle.

I need to conduct a brain surgery for somebody.

Doctors on board for the operation:
Sexkillz,
Afam,
Okija_juju,
Musiwa,
Adaobi,

Please I need more experience doctors on board.

This guy need serious attention.

God bless!

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Running A 'one-man-Show' In PDP - Amaechi by Rhino5dm: 7:27am On Jul 22, 2013
Amaechi, I dobale for you ooooooooooo, for looking at a spade and calling it a spade. Your dexterity is a source of calmness to me. Portharcourt first son, meka o.

The stupíd dehydrated donkeys braying here should know that, any further attack(s) on amaechi will usher in the marshal law. You think coup is now old school? Then ask Morsi and his Islamic brotherhood.

16 Likes

Re: Jonathan Running A 'one-man-Show' In PDP - Amaechi by justsayemma(m): 7:28am On Jul 22, 2013
Amechi should not bow 2 Gej 4 d wrong reasons.if he wants 2 win 2015,he should deliver on his promises,n stop playing dirty politics,if Amechi is bold enuf 2 speak out,what is a president n d leader of d ruling party doin? Some sick people wil say he is a silent performer,a good father wil not stay quiet,when there's problem in his house.pls he shuld silently deliver on his promises,we r tired of sincere9gerian n his co noise makers

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan Running A 'one-man-Show' In PDP - Amaechi by israel007: 7:35am On Jul 22, 2013
Amaechi just shut up. Nigeria is bigger than you two! We have other pressing issues

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Running A 'one-man-Show' In PDP - Amaechi by Goddex: 7:35am On Jul 22, 2013
Ameachi will need to try "Tinubu" and "Buhari" if he needs a definition of "One Man Show". It's obviously high time he decamped.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Running A 'one-man-Show' In PDP - Amaechi by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 22, 2013
I really like amechi but I think he talks too much and I don't see him winning this war. My fear is that this man is standing alone he just don't know it yet.

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Running A 'one-man-Show' In PDP - Amaechi by Btruth: 7:43am On Jul 22, 2013
If I were you Amaechi, I will keep my mouth mute for now. Two wrongs can never be right you know?

Take your case to the Lord in prayers, never you trust any man. Remember, those you see as your worst enemies can eventually be your best friend, while your best friends could be your closet enemies

A word they say is enough though......

cry

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Running A 'one-man-Show' In PDP - Amaechi by takedat(m): 7:45am On Jul 22, 2013
As it is, Amaechi and the Presidency keep squandering opportunities to put the best interest of Rivers people ahead of their narrow egoistic interests. They should opt for peace before the conflict degenerates any further. The muscle-flexing is overheating the polity!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Running A 'one-man-Show' In PDP - Amaechi by bknight: 7:46am On Jul 22, 2013
With more careless words, more people think Amaechi is just being plain stupid and over bold. GEJ hasn't been very crafty in dealing him.

Power is Power. All who fairly understand the concept of power who it has to be absolute. The quest for political power is what it is.
Re: Jonathan Running A 'one-man-Show' In PDP - Amaechi by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 22, 2013
bcomputer101:

Seun!!! Please get me my sledge hammer, blade,
scissor, tread and needle.

Sexkillz,
Afam,
Okija_juju,
Musiwa,
Adaobi,

God bless!

What you need is a Mace.Use it on the e-diot.
Re: Jonathan Running A 'one-man-Show' In PDP - Amaechi by iamswizz(m): 7:59am On Jul 22, 2013
bcomputer101:

Seun!!! Please get me my sledge hammer, blade,
scissor, tread and needle.

Sexkillz,
Afam,
Okija_juju,
Musiwa,
Adaobi,

God bless!
all these 'old enough to be ur father' rant is getting out of Hand.. So because of that, he shouldnt express his views?

Do you know wat it means to be as old as a father? A father is someone who cares and takes care of you which amaechi clearly doesnt fit in.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Running A 'one-man-Show' In PDP - Amaechi by DeCleff(m): 8:04am On Jul 22, 2013
Btruth: If I were you Amaechi, I will keep my mouth mute for now. Two wrongs can never be right you know?

Take your case to the Lord in prayers, never you trust any man. Remember, those you see as your worst enemies can eventually be your best friend, while your best friends could be your closet enemies

A word they say is enough though......

cry
Ameachi my governor; what kind of blood do u have that makes u so fearless and bold?

Take this things easy because i wouldn't want to see or hear that u were disgraced at the end oooo.

Just concerntrate on delivering the dividens of democracy to Rivers people.
Re: Jonathan Running A 'one-man-Show' In PDP - Amaechi by Nobody: 8:07am On Jul 22, 2013
And this is the man that claims to want peace? Still making inflammatory statements and insulting the presidency? For a man that unilaterally sacked local council chairmen . . .and who is known to brook no opposition in Rivers State, isn't it ironic that he is accusing the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of running a "one-man show"?

I think it is now a matter of urgent importance to relieve this man of his position, whether via impeachment or via a declaration of State of Emergency. With him in the government house, it is clear Rivers wouldn't know peace, let alone progress. He seems obsessed with the NGF and his useless 2015 pipe-dream rather than actually governing his state.

19 Likes

Re: Jonathan Running A 'one-man-Show' In PDP - Amaechi by bcomputer101: 8:15am On Jul 22, 2013
iamswizz: all these 'old enough to be ur father' rant is getting out of Hand.. So because of that, he shouldnt express his views?

Do you know wat it means to be as old as a father? A father is someone who cares and takes care of you which amaechi clearly doesnt fit in.

Shut up there!

Knew down, close your eyes, hands up for the next 30mins.

Next time, you will learn not to put your mouth for wetting no concern you.

Okija_juju ooo, I donate him to the gods in your shine
Re: Jonathan Running A 'one-man-Show' In PDP - Amaechi by dridowu: 8:19am On Jul 22, 2013
I still find it difficullt how 16 is greater than19, 5 is greater 27, sometimes all ds attrocities are done b4 2015, only God will prevent rigging in 2015, rigging right in front of our eyes in a broad day light
Re: Jonathan Running A 'one-man-Show' In PDP - Amaechi by princesammmy: 8:22am On Jul 22, 2013
we don hear
Re: Jonathan Running A 'one-man-Show' In PDP - Amaechi by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 22, 2013
The PDP has no option but to re-admit Rotimi Amaechi. The more he is left on suspension, the more he reveals things about the Presidency.
Re: Jonathan Running A 'one-man-Show' In PDP - Amaechi by Symphony007: 8:28am On Jul 22, 2013
I could'nt agree more. Jonathan has monopolized the PDP in a way no one before him did. Pushing out deserting voices. At times i think i am in some third world dictatorial banana republic.
Re: Jonathan Running A 'one-man-Show' In PDP - Amaechi by ukemilia(f): 8:35am On Jul 22, 2013
Haba-habatically. One thing is certain:Amaechi is scared.When u don't hv d police apparatus,party structure to ur side then what do u hv.u better port to APC b4 is late.

On a serious note, this man shud just press pause.is ironic hw these governors don't want local government autonomy but wud want autonomy frm d federal govt. Nawaoo

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Running A 'one-man-Show' In PDP - Amaechi by Omen100(m): 8:57am On Jul 22, 2013
please, "Is today really Monday" ? cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Re: Jonathan Running A 'one-man-Show' In PDP - Amaechi by hillsate: 9:02am On Jul 22, 2013
REUBEN ABATI is very right. It is an ALL LOCAL RIVERS AFFAIR. But Abati forgot that PATIENCE JONATHAN is also a LOCAL RIVERS girl and by implication GEJ is an IN-LAW to the LOCAL RIVERS people.
Re: Jonathan Running A 'one-man-Show' In PDP - Amaechi by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 22, 2013
Omen100: please, "Is today really Monday" ? cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
U mean your sisters' friend's uncle's fish died?! Where did you learn Engrrish from?
Re: Jonathan Running A 'one-man-Show' In PDP - Amaechi by alaoeri: 9:28am On Jul 22, 2013
Even if Amaechi 'll go down many 'll have to follow.
Re: Jonathan Running A 'one-man-Show' In PDP - Amaechi by Omen100(m): 9:41am On Jul 22, 2013
smartchoice:
U mean your sisters' friend's uncle's fish died?! Where did you learn Engrrish from?

My friend enter motor joor & b4 u go dey fine watin dem write 4 motor body, b4 u dey fine d motor wey dey write Jesus is great or Allah is wonderful angry angry angry angry angry

answer my question or u self nor know weather today na monday 2?

I dey come, make I quickly go take my bath 2 prepare for Service

Re: Jonathan Running A 'one-man-Show' In PDP - Amaechi by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 22, 2013
I just HATE it when our inferiority complex-ridden politicians run out to grant interviews to foreign news agencies.

What is the business of FINANCIAL TIMES OF LONDON with a political crisis in Rivers State, Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Running A 'one-man-Show' In PDP - Amaechi by Enkaynwa(f): 9:55am On Jul 22, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osinbajo, APC Governors Storm Benin For Governorship Flag Off / FIRS Generates 5 Trillion Naira Tax In Six Months-Highest Ever / Ganduje Returns From Saudi Arabia As Kano People Welcome Him (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.