Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,448 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

Bakare Threatens To Mobilise Nigerians Against N’assembly - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bakare Threatens To Mobilise Nigerians Against N’assembly (15611 Views)

House Leadership: Northern Reps Make U-turn, Mobilise Against Gbajabiamila / Legislators Agree To Belt-tightening, Cut N’assembly’s Budget By 25%-thisday / 2015: Northern Youths Vow To Mobilise Support For Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bakare Threatens To Mobilise Nigerians Against N’assembly by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 23, 2013
MAYOWAAK:

In his reaction, Serving Overseer, The Latter Rain Assembly, Pastor Tunde Bakare, threatens to mobilise Nigerians to storm the National Assembly if the controversial resolution of the Senate on child marriage is not reversed immediately.

Bakare, who spoke in his Sermon, Separation is Inevitable, in his church in Ogba, Lagos, on Sunday, believes the federal lawmakers have lost all moral grounds to make rational laws for the country.

Bakare, who is also the Convener of Save Nigeria Group, also challenged the lawmakers to name any of their children, who has been given out in marriage at the age of 13, wondering what could have motivated the Senators to propose such “immoral amendment.”

“Yerima has polluted the Senate and his colleagues have joined him to tell us that what we have in the National Assembly are pedophiles. The Senators must come out to tell us how many of them have married out their 13-year-old girls. Why should any sane person be legislating on how a 13-year-old should be married out in this age when such children should be in school?

“I want to call on the House of Representatives and state Houses of Assembly to reject this clause completely. I also want the Senators to know that I will mobilise Nigerians and we are going to storm the National Assembly if this evil clause is not expunged from the constitution immediately. A constitution that cannot be bent will break.”

Bakare also led his congregation to pray against what he described as the “insatiable sexual appetite” of the lawmakers, calling on God to “dry up their uncontrollable libido.”

http://omojuwa.com/2013/07/bakare-threatens-to-mobilise-nigerians-against-nassembly/
This man is a real good man,always fighting for the good.it is not enough to sit on the fence,other men proclaiming the good gospel should take note.Jesus didn't look away when there was wrong being done,he spoke,acted.we are all wise,no one is a fool.
Private jets and gold chains don't impress God,when you help the poor,homeless and orphans you please God.when you don't cheat,steal,covert and lie-you please God.
Re: Bakare Threatens To Mobilise Nigerians Against N’assembly by Soloter(m): 9:17pm On Jul 23, 2013
Sir, mobilise us to demonstrate against those legislators bribed by the thiefing governors not to grant autonomy to local governments.
Re: Bakare Threatens To Mobilise Nigerians Against N’assembly by Omotolaaraujo(f): 9:53pm On Jul 23, 2013
It's a noble cause. Little girl children deserve protection.
Re: Bakare Threatens To Mobilise Nigerians Against N’assembly by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 23, 2013
what is he waiting for.
we are tired of threats!
Re: Bakare Threatens To Mobilise Nigerians Against N’assembly by drstone1: 11:24pm On Jul 23, 2013
austinkenneth: Oh Bakare is just realising the behavior of the people he has been allied with? lol.

This one na small. by the time they get power in 2015, jungle go mature and who no know go know.
Only God can open any ones Eye's. Imagine d kind of mindset these people He allied himself with have despite their seeming good intentions,education,affluence,religiosity n calling. I am just imaginin.. Were it dat d likes of Buhari were president n dis kind of issues were proposed on whose side he Bakare wud be. Wat wud his stand amount to. What if d boko haramist had their way in power. Issues like dis wud not even be debatable. They have a time tested prescription for his type dat wud want to test their will n religious sensibilities- a very sharp sword wud be tested on his neck while chantin allahu akubaru:
Re: Bakare Threatens To Mobilise Nigerians Against N’assembly by Nobody: 4:04am On Jul 24, 2013
I respect Bakare, but it seems he is only blowing hot air.

Is this the only issue that would prompt him to mobilise?

He should have mobilised against corruption since undecided
Re: Bakare Threatens To Mobilise Nigerians Against N’assembly by beordune(m): 5:02am On Jul 24, 2013
domack99: Bakare can't say these things, i believe he is we educated, well informed about the issue and understand the unnecessary media uproar. so he can't be talking blindly like Stella Damascus

Sure, I believe he's more educated to jump on a wagon as this..,
So sad how people twist action to suit their plans, anyway,Scott Prestwich Charles said it all:-
“Comment is free but facts are sacred”-
Re: Bakare Threatens To Mobilise Nigerians Against N’assembly by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 24, 2013
Okija_juju:
Crack head. Lol

[b]It was obvious to everyone around the country that the NLC guys were compromised.. Bakare didnt come out the following day to continue the protest. Infact, immediately the Army came out of the barracks, the 'leaders' ran to their houses. Bakare and co used us during that protest for selfish gains.. To increase their popularity.

Tell Bakare that we, the ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIAN PROTESTERS, RALLIERS, RIOTERS AND REBELS make the following demand before mobilizing into the streets;

1. We must be paid for our services;
- Normal protest (No violence) = 100,000 Naira each/day.
- Angry protest (Destruction and carnage) = 250,000 each/day.
- We must get subsidized food & refreshments during the protest for protesters.
- Free T-Shirt for all the protesters.
- Bulletproof vest and Helmet for all protesters.
- Ballistic shield for protesters.
- Face mask for teargas for all protesters.
- 2 40ft containers of tear gas must be provided for us.

2. Insurance (life assurance policy) of atleast 10million Naira against death must be provided for us.

3. 1 plot of land for each Protester in any state of their choice.

4. 1 Kia car for all junior staff protesters & 1 German SUV for all Senior Staff protesters.

5. 100 Million Naira deposited in Firstbank to be used to bail our members from Police custody, bury the dead ones and other such costs associated with the protest.

If he agrees, we can even capture Tambruwal, Yerima, David Mark and PEJ and deliver them to his church or house by tomorrow evening..

[/b]
Re: Bakare Threatens To Mobilise Nigerians Against N’assembly by ceejayluv(m): 7:41am On Jul 24, 2013
Horus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_knQ-XpR3s

Nigerian movie star and singer Stella Damasus expresses her anger over
the issue of underaged marriage being discussed in the Nigerian senate.
she spat venom, whoa..... but I doubt she understood the core issue on ground. in my opinion, she saw headlines and heard one or two hearsays and ran straight to youtube.
she keeps talking of a bill encouraging child marriage. pls anyone heard of such bill?
Re: Bakare Threatens To Mobilise Nigerians Against N’assembly by danielebeh: 10:25am On Jul 24, 2013
I'm appealing to the youths to come out and contest elections so that we can do away with these old and corrupt politicians before they do more damages to the entire system of our dear countyI'm appealing to the youths to come out and contest elections so that we can do away with these old and corrupt politicians before they do more damages to the entire system of our dear countyI'm appealing to the youths to come out and contest elections so that we can do away with these old and corrupt politicians before they do more damages to the entire system of our dear county
Re: Bakare Threatens To Mobilise Nigerians Against N’assembly by Solowande(m): 6:01pm On Jul 24, 2013
Only mobilise dis one dey do, na dat God call u 4? u nor go mind ur biz
Re: Bakare Threatens To Mobilise Nigerians Against N’assembly by Soloter(m): 8:28pm On Jul 24, 2013
[quote author=Phlegmwash][/quote]YOu are not patriotic. I certainly believe you are one of those hired to fight for this criminal cause.
Re: Bakare Threatens To Mobilise Nigerians Against N’assembly by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 24, 2013
@Okija juju, it luks lyk u were a leader durin d protest, i lyk ur spirit & post & would want 2 hear u live but dont give up. Som youths were on d streets of libya 4 months protestin thou a lot of dem died. if we must protest, let it b 4 a just cause

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Biafra Tv Begins Broadcast On STRONG Decoders!- pics / CAN Visits Buhari, Says APC Becoming Corrupt Politicians’ Safe Haven / Rev Oluoma: Do Not Vote For PDP If You Believe In Equitable Power Rotation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.