Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,472 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

Group To Name A Multi-Million-Naira Edifice Okonjo-Iweala. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Group To Name A Multi-Million-Naira Edifice Okonjo-Iweala. (8001 Views)

Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only / Exclusive: Rotimi Amaechi's wife In A Multi-billion Naira Corruption Scandal / UN Invites BIAFRA Group To June Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Group To Name A Multi-Million-Naira Edifice Okonjo-Iweala. by Lordave: 8:28pm On Jul 22, 2013
Worried by the alarming rate of unemployed youths in Abia State, Umuahia Premier Club, a social cultural group has concluded plans to build a multi-million Naira Economic Resource Centre in Abuja aimed to create over 1,000 jobs for indigenes of the state.

The Centre to be named after the Coordinating Minister of Economy and Minister of Finance, Mrs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iwaela is basically to address the issue of unemployment, which resulted in incidence of kidnapping, armed robbery and other social vices in the state.Ngozi-Okonjo-Iweala

To actualise this dream, the Minister of Labour and Productivity, Emeka Wogu has made a donation of N.5 million towards the commencement of the edifice, which he described as a welcome development.

Disclosing this at the induction of new members and conferment of meritorious award ceremony, the chairman of Abuja branch of Umuahia Premier Club, Chucks Nwaononiwu, explained that the Club decided to name the centre after Okonjo-Iweala because of her rise to the top of her profession.

He said, “we plan to develop an Umuahia Premier Club complex with an E-library, skill acquisition centre, club house with sports facilities and Economic Resource Centre to be named after Dr. Okonjo-Iweala.

“We have applied for land and we will pursue the development with our strength and trust that when we call for help most of you here will support us to the best of your abilities. The Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iwaela Economic Resource Centre will be responsible for supporting our numerous unemployed graduates in Umuahia and beyond to develop their skills in other vacations like IT, printing technology, graphic arts, music, fashion, design and a lot of other skills. The whole complex will generate jobs for at least 1, 000 youths when completed.”

The highlight of the event was award of excellence in public service bestowed on the Coordinating Minister of Economy and Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala. Other eminent personalities honoured with the Minister include Air Vice Marshal Chimechefulam Onyemaobi, Air Officer Commanding Tactical Air Command, Makurdi, Real Admiral Azubuike Ajuonu, Flag officer Commanding Naval Training Command, Lagos and Chief Onyema Ugochukwu, pioneer Chairman of Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/group-to-name-multi-million-naira-edifice-after-okonjo-iweala/
Re: Group To Name A Multi-Million-Naira Edifice Okonjo-Iweala. by Nobody: 12:19am On Jul 23, 2013
Why Abuja? You wan create jobs for Abia people ni? Why didn't you build the edifice there in Abia state eh?
Hmm

7 Likes

Re: Group To Name A Multi-Million-Naira Edifice Okonjo-Iweala. by enyice(m): 12:39am On Jul 23, 2013
@Max, forget this group, they are only seeking for political relevance. Trust me, the fund realised will be adequately misappropriated as usual

1 Like

Re: Group To Name A Multi-Million-Naira Edifice Okonjo-Iweala. by princesammmy: 12:41am On Jul 23, 2013
shocked
Re: Group To Name A Multi-Million-Naira Edifice Okonjo-Iweala. by IGBOSON1: 1:29am On Jul 23, 2013
enyice: @Max, forget this group, they are only seeking for political relevance. Trust me, the fund realised will be adequately misappropriated as usual

^^^That's the way i see it as well.....a bunch of noise makers!
Re: Group To Name A Multi-Million-Naira Edifice Okonjo-Iweala. by Brimmie(m): 6:43am On Jul 23, 2013
enyice: @Max, forget this group, they are only seeking for political relevance. Trust me, the fund realised will be adequately misappropriated as usual

EXACTLY!!
Re: Group To Name A Multi-Million-Naira Edifice Okonjo-Iweala. by Lordave: 7:15am On Jul 23, 2013
maxwello.yg:
Why Abuja? You wan create jobs for Abia people ni? Why didn't you build the edifice there in Abia state eh?
Hmm
I wonder o.
Coming to add to Abuja's economic growth while thousands are languishing in Abia.

Anyway, I don't blame them completely cuz if Thiefeodore A. Orji had provided constant electricity and good road with security they wouldn't have given a thought about ABJ.
Re: Group To Name A Multi-Million-Naira Edifice Okonjo-Iweala. by Okijajuju1(m): 10:20am On Jul 23, 2013
Okay!!!
Re: Group To Name A Multi-Million-Naira Edifice Okonjo-Iweala. by fitzmayowa: 10:23am On Jul 23, 2013
We don hear

1 Like

Re: Group To Name A Multi-Million-Naira Edifice Okonjo-Iweala. by koolet: 10:25am On Jul 23, 2013
ct)(:
First tooooooooooooooooooooo commmmmmmmmmmeeeennnnttttt
thunder fire MuMuNess ma guy like peak itz in Yougrin

1 Like

Re: Group To Name A Multi-Million-Naira Edifice Okonjo-Iweala. by ogunteluwo(m): 10:26am On Jul 23, 2013
Na wa ooo. Na only Abuja, if u wan hear d remuneration now, it fit b N20,000. U can even imagine politics donation; N.5 million which is N500k. Hmmmmmm na dem sabi anyway.
Re: Group To Name A Multi-Million-Naira Edifice Okonjo-Iweala. by ogunteluwo(m): 10:27am On Jul 23, 2013
Na wa ooo. Na only Abuja, if u wan hear d remuneration now, it fit b N20,000 per month for each graduate . U can even imagine politics donation; N.5 million which is N500k. Hmmmmmm na dem sabi anyway.
Re: Group To Name A Multi-Million-Naira Edifice Okonjo-Iweala. by rozayx5(m): 10:38am On Jul 23, 2013
SOme Groups are so daft ( fighting Unemployment in Abia from Abuja, SMH cry cry cry undecided

1 Like

Re: Group To Name A Multi-Million-Naira Edifice Okonjo-Iweala. by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 23, 2013
I believe NOI is from Delta State so why are they famzing her
Re: Group To Name A Multi-Million-Naira Edifice Okonjo-Iweala. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:04am On Jul 23, 2013
I think it's high time we stop this issue of 'unemployment being the cause of people going into kidnapping and robbery'.

The main reason is the 'get-rich-quick', and the 'i-am-a-graduate' syndrome.

I am sure anybody can take on a modest job, save, and build his business overtime!

But not in Nigeria. We want a biz dt will start today and 200% profit the next month!

1 Like

Re: Group To Name A Multi-Million-Naira Edifice Okonjo-Iweala. by sparkln1(f): 11:06am On Jul 23, 2013
NDI IBERIBE....FIGHTN FOR UNEMPLOYMENT INDEED FROM ABUJA
Re: Group To Name A Multi-Million-Naira Edifice Okonjo-Iweala. by Paentera(m): 11:14am On Jul 23, 2013
Lordave:
Worried by the alarming rate of unemployed youths in Abia State, Umuahia Premier Club, a social cultural group has concluded plans to build a multi-million Naira Economic Resource Centre in Abuja aimed to create over 1,000 jobs for indigenes of the state.

I stopped right there. Shows how this club really cares about the Youth and how their priorities are misplaced.
Re: Group To Name A Multi-Million-Naira Edifice Okonjo-Iweala. by lacasa: 11:19am On Jul 23, 2013
This people reason in reverse mode grin
Re: Group To Name A Multi-Million-Naira Edifice Okonjo-Iweala. by Emperiorceasar(m): 11:19am On Jul 23, 2013
maxwello.yg:
Hmm
I totally agree with you.A social club wanting to esthablish a job creation centre for its indigenes in another man's land.

1 Like

Re: Group To Name A Multi-Million-Naira Edifice Okonjo-Iweala. by Emperiorceasar(m): 11:20am On Jul 23, 2013
maxwello.yg:
Hmm
I totally agree with you.A social club wanting to esthablish a job creation centre for its indigenes in another man's land.
Re: Group To Name A Multi-Million-Naira Edifice Okonjo-Iweala. by maskid(m): 11:28am On Jul 23, 2013
%looks at thread .. and passes by SMH%
Re: Group To Name A Multi-Million-Naira Edifice Okonjo-Iweala. by stpat1(m): 11:33am On Jul 23, 2013
is this not funny? You wan to create jobs for Abia youths and then you decide to build the edifice in Abuja. does that make sense?
Re: Group To Name A Multi-Million-Naira Edifice Okonjo-Iweala. by Afam4eva(m): 11:54am On Jul 23, 2013
This is sickening. How can an you be building a economic resource center in Abuja instead of in Abia. Are this people brain in reverse mode? I'm sure Theo Orji has a hand in this cos it sounds so much like him.
Re: Group To Name A Multi-Million-Naira Edifice Okonjo-Iweala. by basilo101: 1:06pm On Jul 23, 2013
emk4lif: I believe NOI is from Delta State so why are they famzing her
I tnk her huzband is frm Abia
Re: Group To Name A Multi-Million-Naira Edifice Okonjo-Iweala. by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jul 23, 2013
Ok good for her
Re: Group To Name A Multi-Million-Naira Edifice Okonjo-Iweala. by born9ice: 1:30pm On Jul 23, 2013
cheap pulicity

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Is Live. Listen Here As He Exposes The Impostor In Aso Rock / FRSC Begins Test Transmission Of Its Radio Station, Unveils FRSC National Radio / Evidence Showing SS And SE Senators Killing Lagos Calabar Rail Project--vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.