Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,625 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:07 PM

Obasanjo Denies Reports Of Removal As AU Observer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Denies Reports Of Removal As AU Observer (7980 Views)

Obasanjo Denies Snubbing Jonathan, Shagari, Other Ex-presidents / Akiolu Slams Obasanjo, Denies Endorsing Buhari / Amaechi: Why Presidency Wants My Removal As NGF Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Denies Reports Of Removal As AU Observer by maximunimpact(m): 2:18am On Jul 25, 2013
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo, yesterday, brushed aside reports that he had been dropped from the African Union, AU, Observer Mission to Zimbabwe’s forthcoming general elections.

Speaking on telephone from China, where he is presently on a private mission, Obasanjo debunked the speculations, saying that he was headed for his assignment to Zimbabwe as head of the AU Observer Mission to monitor the July 31 elections.

Obasanjo was recently named at the head of a 60-man observer mission for the Zimbabwean election by chairperson of AU Commission, Dr. Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma.

The international observer mission also includes one time governor of Abia State, Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu.

Reports, earlier yesterday, had alleged that Obasanjo had been dropped both as leader and team member of the observer mission.

An e-mail message to the AU secretariat on the issue had not been replied at press time, yesterday.

Asked if he was still going to Zimbabwe yesterday, on telephone, Obasanjo quipped:

”Who said I am not going?”

www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/obasanjo-denies-reports-of-removal-as-au-observer/

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Denies Reports Of Removal As AU Observer by OmoOshodi(m): 2:38am On Jul 25, 2013
Goodd one
Re: Obasanjo Denies Reports Of Removal As AU Observer by sexkilzaphull: 3:06am On Jul 25, 2013
If true, LWKMD for Nigerian haters of OBJ! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Denies Reports Of Removal As AU Observer by sambos994(m): 3:08am On Jul 25, 2013
OBJ just gave an "F-U" to them.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Denies Reports Of Removal As AU Observer by Cultured(m): 11:45am On Jul 25, 2013
My compatriots and their pull him down syndrome, especially the poor folks present in this forum , whose mantras are : Every successful businessman is a criminal that must be destroyed at all cost ; Every successful politician is corrupt and the bane of stagnation in the country and their personal lives , therefore deserve nothing but death ; A successful career person is a pen robber that deserves nothing but lifetime jail . Folks stop hating the elites.

8 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Denies Reports Of Removal As AU Observer by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 25, 2013
lol
Re: Obasanjo Denies Reports Of Removal As AU Observer by greatestman(m): 11:47am On Jul 25, 2013
OBJ man of few words full of action
Re: Obasanjo Denies Reports Of Removal As AU Observer by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 25, 2013
The international observer mission also includes one time governor of Abia State, Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu.

Jokers grin
Re: Obasanjo Denies Reports Of Removal As AU Observer by Amoshie(m): 11:51am On Jul 25, 2013
I hail thee baba u r d only person in nigeria dat speaks the way i like "who told u i am not going"? i like dis.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Denies Reports Of Removal As AU Observer by EnairatofroUK: 11:51am On Jul 25, 2013
politics and its wahala

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Denies Reports Of Removal As AU Observer by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 25, 2013
My favourite line 'Who said I am not going?” grin
Re: Obasanjo Denies Reports Of Removal As AU Observer by Temismith(f): 11:54am On Jul 25, 2013
Hmmundecided
Re: Obasanjo Denies Reports Of Removal As AU Observer by thrugemaster(m): 11:55am On Jul 25, 2013
obj a certified rigger and orji uzor kalu, another certified rigger.............. Then mugabe a battle tested rigger....

AFRICA HOUSE OF COMMEDY

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Denies Reports Of Removal As AU Observer by Novabright: 11:56am On Jul 25, 2013
Still on first page tinz.
Re: Obasanjo Denies Reports Of Removal As AU Observer by omotayo9177: 11:57am On Jul 25, 2013
Lol.....abeg,who is funnier-obj or basketmouth?
Re: Obasanjo Denies Reports Of Removal As AU Observer by tellwisdom: 12:00pm On Jul 25, 2013
--------------------> ”Who said I am not going??”
Re: Obasanjo Denies Reports Of Removal As AU Observer by abatajjvii: 12:04pm On Jul 25, 2013
beware not to pull others down because someone will also plan same for you

all haters of baba i tell you beware
Re: Obasanjo Denies Reports Of Removal As AU Observer by Cmoyor: 12:06pm On Jul 25, 2013
Obj... D best gift to Africa lolz

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Denies Reports Of Removal As AU Observer by oladistinct(m): 12:09pm On Jul 25, 2013
u just can't get that man
Re: Obasanjo Denies Reports Of Removal As AU Observer by naijaswag1: 12:11pm On Jul 25, 2013
He has been removed. Read this story from

http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v7/wn/newsworld.php?id=965976

AU Commission Chair Arrives In Zimbabwe On Election Observer Mission

HARARE, July 25 (Bernama) - African Union (AU) Commission chairperson Dr Nkosazana Dhlamini-Zuma arrived in Zimbabwe to join the continental body's election observer mission.

AU commissioner for political affairs, Dr Aisha Abdulla arrived in Zimbabwe, on Wednesday, Zimbabwean news agency New Ziana reported.

The AU team is in the country to observe electoral processes ahead of the July 31 polls.

Dr Zuma said the AU election observer team will be holding meetings with various stakeholders on the electoral processes and will release a pre-election report on Thursday.

"We are here to talk to a number of people about the elections, electoral commission and candidates just to see how things are before election day," she said.

[size=20pt]Dr Zuma said former Nigerian President Olusegun Obasanjo, who is heading the short-term observer mission, will only come once cleared by the government.[/size]

The AU election observer team has 70 members.

--BERNAMA
Re: Obasanjo Denies Reports Of Removal As AU Observer by Policewoman(f): 12:19pm On Jul 25, 2013
Politicians must always deny. Even when caught pantz down.
Re: Obasanjo Denies Reports Of Removal As AU Observer by Isiterere(m): 12:20pm On Jul 25, 2013
Ebora-owu still dey laff on top his enemy matter
Re: Obasanjo Denies Reports Of Removal As AU Observer by Policewoman(f): 12:21pm On Jul 25, 2013
Meanwhile what are they observing, when the dictator cum chief rigger, Robert Mugabe is still in charge??
Re: Obasanjo Denies Reports Of Removal As AU Observer by leoweblinkblog(m): 12:24pm On Jul 25, 2013
if u are a blogger her
Re: Obasanjo Denies Reports Of Removal As AU Observer by point5: 12:32pm On Jul 25, 2013
I reserv my comment..
Re: Obasanjo Denies Reports Of Removal As AU Observer by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 25, 2013
Obasanjo is one of the most referred man in African and Black Nation :::::::::

Who go remove baba ...... Dem no go well if only they achieved what baba's score !!!
Re: Obasanjo Denies Reports Of Removal As AU Observer by bknight: 12:38pm On Jul 25, 2013
Baba at it again grin
Re: Obasanjo Denies Reports Of Removal As AU Observer by alaoeri: 12:53pm On Jul 25, 2013
Ebora owu.
Re: Obasanjo Denies Reports Of Removal As AU Observer by NSNA: 12:54pm On Jul 25, 2013
[size=13pt]Obasanjo in China on private mission

Buying more farming equipment
Investigating recent loan by GEJ[/size]
Re: Obasanjo Denies Reports Of Removal As AU Observer by KingsleyOGBITI(m): 1:04pm On Jul 25, 2013
Who
started the
news
of his
removal
Re: Obasanjo Denies Reports Of Removal As AU Observer by Positiveminds(m): 1:07pm On Jul 25, 2013
Make una leave this elderly man alone na. Wetin. Whom God has blessed, He has blessed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Rochas Dead??? / Mai Buni Led APC Caretaker Committee Tenure Extended To June 2021 / FG Raises 14-Man Panel To End Fuel Scarcity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.