Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,821 members, 7,831,675 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark (24446 Views)

List Of 28 Senators With Saraki At CCT By Geopolitical Zone And Party / Top Politicians Woo Senators With $50,000 Each To Impeach Saraki - Daily Indept. / N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by Capisco(m): 10:39am On Jul 25, 2013
Mark is very correct,in Nigeria religious issues as regards islam must not be taken lightly coz they are so quick to violence,especially doz up north.we all rememba hw small issues have caused crisis in sum northern states in d past leadin to lost of life and property.let dem have thier way as long as it does'nt impede d ryt of christians at least 4 peace to reign

4 Likes

Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by kwaraguy(m): 10:39am On Jul 25, 2013
As if they can't stop Yerima if they had wish to. Rabbish!!!!!!
Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by josseyjessey: 10:39am On Jul 25, 2013
slap1: Yerima blackmailed how many of them? Is blackmail not a crime in Nigeria?

You have completely lost the sense in which the term 'blackmail' was used. Mr Yerima used religion as a weapon against any Muslim senators who would support what he termed 'un-Islamic'.

The Irony of it is that not even in Saudi Arabia is underage marriage allowed. Trying to be more Islamic than the origin of Islam itself is a backward mentality that has saddled the country with boko haram, a murderous sect of renegades!

Mr Yerima should sort out the mayhem boko haram is doing in his home state first and forget about championing underage sex in the Senate!

8 Likes

Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by mariong(m): 10:43am On Jul 25, 2013
ashile: You use d word blackmail

Is blackmail no longer a crime.

Also are u sure u guys have the interest of d majority or d nation at heart.

I doubt

All I can say its well
Blackmail also means the act of putting pressure on a person or a group to do something they do not want to do. Yerima used religion to make them feel guilty, that is blacmail

1 Like

Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by Keky(m): 10:44am On Jul 25, 2013
point5: Very Disappoint,,our senators r cows of 21st century..
Very Disappoint ke? Na wa oooo

1 Like

Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by PStacks(m): 10:46am On Jul 25, 2013
David Mark failed to handle this scenerio as the Head of the Senate..

Yerima Blackmailed and got away with it with David Mark at the Helms of Affair..

Was it Yerima presiding over the House or David Mark!

Was Yerima Smarter than David mark and all the other Senators that voted "YES"

These are question we should ask our incompetent Fat cat, Fat Salary, fat allowance senators being the highest paid in the world.. The money is too much it has blocked their reasoning faculty and Yerima could Perpetrate Religion even in the Hallowed Chambers of the senate...

Live Pension for Senate leaders..
Fat Pension for senators
Fat salaries and allowances,

If u were working hard for every penny, and remember what the people in your local constituency would say, if you remember the votes and how difficult they came by,, as the senate head, u won't allow a Blackmail scale thru..

Executives are causing crisis in Rivers state.
Legislators are Creddle rubbers
Judiciary sets Al-Musthapaha Free (I don't even know where I stand on Al-Musthapah) but a section of the society felt deprived of justice..

The Executive, Legislative and Judiciary arms hav let this country down and no arm to hold on to..

Then to the main Matter...

Religion.. I already talked religion this morning on nairaland and tot I would end it there on Etsu-Nupe issues and Islam little did I know Religion was going to raise its ugly head today again..

If Religion could be used to blackmail the best of the very best in our society today. Cream dela cream, high and mighty of the society, then what is the hope of the common man..

I categorically put it to anybody today and stand to be challenged, that if Religion can Tear the Senate of The Federal Republic Apart, then in no time, it would bring the whole country to crumbles..

These are our senators, these are our elected, these are our representatives, these are the best choosen from amongst us...

Religion has torn them apart. Religion can tear anything and everything..

Christains and Muslims use Religion to perpetrate evil...

Religion is a scourge.
Religion is a cancer.
Religion is a virus capable of Consuming mankind and still survive humanity..

Long After humanity is gone, Inanimate Religion would still be alive..

I don't have anything to say to Yerima but to express my Displeasure to David Mark for letting me down to have not sensed a Blackmail.. As a leader, he should have seen the bullet coming. He owes the whole country that.. You don't cry after spilled milk..

If it were in America, somebody must take responsibility, somebody would'a been fired but here we are.. Business as usual..

And lest I forget.. I'm not controversial, I'm not a Yerima Fan but I reason with Yerima on some of the reason why he sited to have called for Child-marriage.. Everything he cited all exist in the society we live in today but if a wealthy man can marry a small girl, feed her, educate her, accomodate her and take her off the streets without having sex with her, in my opinion, that's ok, but how many northern illitrates would read such meaning to such a law? Already u see a jobless man with 4 wives and 20 children, non of them going to school and still want to pass such laws encouraging Childbride...

Evil is perpetrated thru Religion..
Religion is bigger than Mankind..

We should start looking at Abolishing Religion from our society..

No more xtains, no more muslims...
Nigeria is supposed to be the most developed country in the world if we go by number of churches and mosques we hav in this country but what do we have? Backwardness, wickedness and corruption every where in a very Religious Nation... What an Irony..

Until we emancipate ourselves from this mental slavery called Religion.. We are not going anywhere..

Religion has done more harm than good in this country nigeria and both religion were never custom to us but imported believes to this country..

Something that is not original to us.. Yet we kill ourselves over what they told us and don't know for certainty what Truth is..

Islam is Truth
Xtainity is Truth...

So where is the Truth... There is no truth anywhere, we will die for a Truth we will never know..

I believe in GOD but Religion has absolutly notin to do with God.

Until Muslims and xtains go back in time to mend their difference and agree on the Supreme God, we would keep fighting for our small gods that would destroy us..

We can Abolish Religion..
Yes we can..

9 Likes

Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by freecocoa(f): 10:47am On Jul 25, 2013
HNosegbe:

The OFFENDER is a Nigerian.
No doubt but then I thought it becomes a crime if committed against the nigerian child, no?
Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by lutheran(m): 10:48am On Jul 25, 2013
Senate should revisit and let's see hw many of the senate in support av listen to the voice of the masses
Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by afeeshassan: 10:48am On Jul 25, 2013
If she can't vote, she can't marry. Senate are indirectely legalize rape. God will help us in Nig. SAY NO TO UNDER AGE MARRIAGE.

1 Like

Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by Profidada: 10:52am On Jul 25, 2013
Senator yerima has gotten his own fair share of the media bashing. Lets focus our attention to other senators who supported him .
Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by nzeadichie: 10:52am On Jul 25, 2013
cryIndeed there was a country•i weep for this country•i don't understand why we are stil together as one country•

1 Like

Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by extraflyfineboy(m): 11:03am On Jul 25, 2013
All these talk make me want to vomit. Therez a world class story, a painful one about child bride here http://umehoma.com
Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by PStacks(m): 11:07am On Jul 25, 2013
Pls I have a question.. A right thinking GEJ Fan should pls answer..

Is this thesame Yerima GEJ want to use to substitute Namadi Sambo?

GEJ just keeps getting it wrong everyday.

First u support Jonah Jang 16 is greater than 19

Second 5 is greater than 27 and the Presidency doesn't have a hand in Rivers state house of Assembly Crisis

Nao u want to replace Namadi Sambo with Yerima...

Is this The same Yerima GEJ was talking about or there is another Yerima somewhere? Someone pls educate me..

If Yerima can finish David Mark Hands down, he would send GEJ back to the creeks in 2 days after 2015 elections..

Let's not forget the anticidents of David Mark, yet Yerima used Religion to manoeuvre him and the entire senate..

If Yerima can finish David Mark.. GEJ is childs play...
Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by Dovahkiin(m): 11:08am On Jul 25, 2013
Keneking: Oga Mr. King- it is secular not circular.

Keky: Very Disappoint ke? Na wa oooo

Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by Chimerase(m): 11:09am On Jul 25, 2013
P.Stacks:
David Mark failed to handle this scenerio as the Head of the Senate..

Yerima Blackmailed and got away with it with David Mark at the Helms of Affair..

Was it Yerima presiding over the House or David Mark!

Was Yerima Smarter than David mark and all the other Senators that voted "YES"

These are question we should ask our incompetent Fat cat, Fat Salary, fat allowance senators being the highest paid in the world.. The money is too much it has blocked their reasoning faculty and Yerima could Perpetrate Religion even in the Hallowed Chambers of the senate...

Live Pension for Senate leaders..
Fat Pension for senators
Fat salaries and allowances,

If u were working hard for every penny, and remember what the people in your local constituency would say, if you remember the votes and how difficult they came by,, as the senate head, u won't allow a Blackmail scale thru..

Executives are causing crisis in Rivers state.
Legislators are Creddle rubbers
Judiciary sets Al-Musthapaha Free (I don't even know where I stand on Al-Musthapah) but a section of the society felt deprived of justice..

The Executive, Legislative and Judiciary arms hav let this country down and no arm to hold on to..

Then to the main Matter...

Religion.. I already talked religion this morning on nairaland and tot I would end it there on Etsu-Nupe issues and Islam little did I know Religion was going to raise its ugly head today again..

If Religion could be used to blackmail the best of the very best in our society today. Cream dela cream, high and mighty of the society, then what is the hope of the common man..

I categorically put it to anybody today and stand to be challenged, that if Religion can Tear the Senate of The Federal Republic Apart, then in no time, it would bring the whole country to crumbles..

These are our senators, these are our elected, these are our representatives, these are the best choosen from amongst us...

Religion has torn them apart. Religion can tear anything and everything..

Christains and Muslims use Religion to perpetrate evil...

Religion is a scourge.
Religion is a cancer.
Religion is a virus capable of Consuming mankind and still survive humanity..

Long After humanity is gone, Inanimate Religion would still be alive..

I don't have anything to say to Yerima but to express my Displeasure to David Mark for letting me down to have not sensed a Blackmail.. As a leader, he should have seen the bullet coming. He owes the whole country that.. You don't cry after spilled milk..

If it were in America, somebody must take responsibility, somebody would'a been fired but here we are.. Business as usual..

And lest I forget.. I'm not controversial, I'm not a Yerima Fan but I reason with Yerima on some of the reason why he sited to have called for Child-marriage.. Everything he cited all exist in the society we live in today but if a wealthy man can marry a small girl, feed her, educate her, accomodate her and take her off the streets without having sex with her, in my opinion, that's ok, but how many northern illitrates would read such meaning to such a law? Already u see a jobless man with 4 wives and 20 children, non of them going to school and still want to pass such laws encouraging Childbride...

Evil is perpetrated thru Religion..
Religion is bigger than Mankind..

We should start looking at Abolishing Religion from our society..

No more xtains, no more muslims...
Nigeria is supposed to be the most developed country in the world if we go by number of churches and mosques we hav in this country but what do we have? Backwardness, wickedness and corruption every where in a very Religious Nation... What an Irony..

Until we emancipate ourselves from this mental slavery called Religion.. We are not going anywhere..

Religion has done more harm than good in this country nigeria and both religion were never custom to us but imported believes to this country..

Something that is not original to us.. Yet we kill ourselves over what they told us and don't know for certainty what Truth is..

Islam is Truth
Xtainity is Truth...

So where is the Truth... There is no truth anywhere, we will die for a Truth we will never know..

I believe in GOD but Religion has absolutly notin to do with God.

Until Muslims and xtains go back in time to mend their difference and agree on the Supreme God, we would keep fighting for our small gods that would destroy us..

We can Abolish Religion..
Yes we can..
. Oh!!! Wil u sharap!!!! angry

4 Likes

Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by indoorlove(m): 11:13am On Jul 25, 2013
Religion is indeed the opium of the people!
Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by PStacks(m): 11:13am On Jul 25, 2013
Chimerase: . Oh!!! Wil u sharap!!!! angry

You can tell me to shut up all you want..

What do you know other than what u've been taught in Islamic School or Sunday School?

You are a victim of Religion and it would swallow you.. You can shut me up one more time Mr...
Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by obailala(m): 11:16am On Jul 25, 2013
HNosegbe: The Senate president has still not addressed the issue closest to my heart.

Section 21 of the Child Rights Act of 2003, a federal law, states unequivocally that a child below the age of 18 shall be deemed a minor and not eligible to marry. The law goes on to stipulate imprisonment for those who break this law.

How come Sani Yerima is still a free man?
Now if the bolded statement above is truly in the Nigerian constitution, then the issue of considering under-aged but married girls as being of full age should be invalid as the constitution already regards the marriage as illegal.

The problematic clause should simply be deleted as it contradicts itself

1 Like

Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by santosesq1(m): 11:16am On Jul 25, 2013
Its a pity only sani yerima can manipulate doz aclaimed hon.men & women in the upper house. For ur information there's nothing like Hon. Akpan Okowa Yerima but Mr Igodomigodo Agoda Ibori of the Hon.house of senate.... Not sectn 4 but second 3 sub sectn b take note
Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 25, 2013
freecocoa: No doubt but then I thought it becomes a crime if committed against the nigerian child, no?

Let's not descend into unnecessary legalese here.

Senator Yerima married an underage Egyptian and brought her INTO Nigeria. A law OF Nigeria says no child BELOW THE AGE OF EIGHTEEN shall be given out in marriage WITHIN THE BOUNDARIES OF NIGERIA.

It doesn't matter what nationality you are, if you live IN Nigeria, YOU ARE BOUND BY NIGERIAN LAW.

Sani Yerima should be in prison.
Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by Caseless: 11:18am On Jul 25, 2013
Keneking: Oga Mr. King- it is secular not circular.
*falls from yacht* hahaha.....na me ma see am .......

Never knew nigeria is circular in shape. U can even see that from the map.
Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by ceejayluv(m): 11:25am On Jul 25, 2013
freecocoa: So laws are now being made in this country based on religious grounds?

Ok na, oya pagans, christians and the other religions practiced in this country should stand up and fight for their rights cos I'm sure they'll want some laws amended to suit their religion.

Like how daft are these men in power?
I remember a certain same sex marriage (prohibition) Bill was passed on strictly religious and cultural grounds... Should we then lift the ban on gay marriage?
Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by Finland(m): 11:26am On Jul 25, 2013
mr_king: Sharap your mouth there David!!! How could you morons allow Stupid Religious sentiment to Becloud your sense of Reasoning in a circular country like Nigeria?
Nigeria is not a secular country..we have the highest spiritual of everything in the world. grin
Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by Burger01(m): 11:27am On Jul 25, 2013
Let one yeye agbaya child abuser come near my daughter and see fire. I would cut his pecker and make mince meats out of it. This yerima should be hanged. Pervert.

sad

1 Like

Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by gerald09(m): 11:28am On Jul 25, 2013
U see no matter how una insult Mr Mark reach what happened in the House dat day is best explained by some1 in d house dat day. For heaven sake dis is Nigeria a country where d smallest religious blasphemy can cos a massive bloodshed. Nigeria will not n can not change religious believes but they can find ways around dem to suit both religion. Its a horrible tin dey did for vote for child marriage but ask urselves imagine what wuld have happened if reverse was d case, I bet u what we wuld be hearing in d news is how Boko Haram kill xtians for trying to change their religion. All the house needs to do is if a muslim marries out his 13yr old daughter under d Sharia law there in Zamfara State or any other state dat practise Sharia Law den we leave them to their faith, that way eventually d muslims may or may not tink twice about under age marriage. So to the Christian states in Nigeria. cos I know if d house remove "prayers worship" in government buildings una go start trouble, even if we all know it not appropriate. I am not comparing prayer worshipping wif these horrible tin called child marriage but d truth is dat 1 mans rubbish is another mans belief. So abeg make u xtian no chop my head off.

2 Likes

Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by andyanders: 11:33am On Jul 25, 2013
mr_king: Sharap your mouth there David!!! How could you morons allow Stupid Religious sentiment to Becloud your sense of Reasoning in a circular country like Nigeria? You all A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ fools!!! Big Fools!!! This is what we get from you stupid lawmakers as †ђξ highest paid globally?

Well said. Complete fools indeed.
Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by Olufonade: 11:33am On Jul 25, 2013
Whether the senate retain it or delete it after voting and re-voting and re-voting, I know what I want for my children and I know how to achieve it, so NOBODY, (whether senate, Yerima, or whosoever) can decide for me what to do. Nigerians fail to protest bad road, death houses called hospitals, bad education, corruption, kidnapping, unemployment, insecurity, robbery that abound everywhere in the country, instead they sentimentally raise unnecessary displeasure on issues which does not bound on anybody at all cost who chooses not to obey it because of its religion undertone and the personality involved. Our leaders know us well and know how to deal with us.

3 Likes

Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by kaycrystal(m): 11:34am On Jul 25, 2013
Btruth: Congregation of morons.

cry

And the assembly of evil doers!!
Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by curtain: 11:36am On Jul 25, 2013
Just one APC agenda...., just one cat let out of the bag and nigerian is about to be splited.... Yarima betrayed APC because his decision was bad timing, he should have been patient for buhari to be on the throne, atleast not just yet.

1 Like

Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by Delafruita(m): 11:39am On Jul 25, 2013
HNosegbe: The Senate president has still not addressed the issue closest to my heart.

Section 21 of the Child Rights Act of 2003, a federal law, states unequivocally that a child below the age of 18 shall be deemed a minor and not eligible to marry. The law goes on to stipulate imprisonment for those who break this law.

How come Sani Yerima is still a free man?
good point.

first,the child rights act has only been passed by 16 states and is still below the 24 states required.the law can only be enforced when the required number of states pass it and even then,the states that dont pass it wont be subject to it.

secondly,even if the child rights act becomes law,the age of consent cannot be enforced.because the constitution is clear in section 1(3) that if any other law is at odds with the constitution on a particular matter,the constitution will be supreme and the other law voided as regards that inconsistency.in essence,the child rights act cannot be used to send anyone to jail for underaged marriage because it can be argued and interpreted that section 29 doesnt forbid underaged marriage.it will be a case of seperating argument from fact but a good lawyer will always get an acquittal for his client in such a case.

technically,underaged marriage is still legal in nigeria

1 Like

Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by Delafruita(m): 11:41am On Jul 25, 2013
HNosegbe:

Let's not descend into unnecessary legalese here.

Senator Yerima married an underage Egyptian and brought her INTO Nigeria. A law OF Nigeria says no child BELOW THE AGE OF EIGHTEEN shall be given out in marriage WITHIN THE BOUNDARIES OF NIGERIA.

It doesn't matter what nationality you are, if you live IN Nigeria, YOU ARE BOUND BY NIGERIAN LAW.

Sani Yerima should be in prison.
the constitution of nigeria doesnt forbid underaged marriage.if yerima is arrested and taken to court,he'd win

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ogudu Residents Reject Commissioning Of Partially Rehabilitated Road / Workers Day : Drama As Workers Reject Being Addressed By Perm Sec. / Ezekwesili: Why I Pulled Out Of Presidential Race (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.