Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,497 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark (24432 Views)

List Of 28 Senators With Saraki At CCT By Geopolitical Zone And Party / Top Politicians Woo Senators With $50,000 Each To Impeach Saraki - Daily Indept. / N40 Pump Fuel Price Is My Figure, Not Buhari’s, Says David-west (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by Delafruita(m): 11:43am On Jul 25, 2013
obailala:
Now if the bolded statement above is truly in the Nigerian constitution, then the issue of considering under-aged but married girls as being of full age should be invalid as the constitution already regards the marriage as illegal.

The problematic clause should simply be deleted as it contradicts itself
there is no contradiction as regards that matter.that bolded statement is not in the nigerian constitution but in the child rights act.

1 Like

Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by Hero10001: 11:44am On Jul 25, 2013
If MM could do it, why not Yerima!?
They'v abandoned their older Women for tight-little pussy..
No wonder 90% rich aboki Women are Sugar-Mommas, i enjoyed some of em during my service year sha..
Islamabad indeed.

1 Like

Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by mima247(f): 11:59am On Jul 25, 2013
Which law do we operate under ? maybe the senate are tryin to tell us that they cant uphold the law and they have no shame whatsoever openin their dirty mouths to say they were blackmailed ... is it yerima that pays their salary... if uve been elected to speak and collect a fat unjustified salary, then you you owe us the right to properly represent your constituency... smh bloody idiots
Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 25, 2013
If there's anything I have come to understand about Senator David Mark, it is that he as no allegiances and takes sides with whatever position will improve his popularity and public acceptance. He has no value systems or moral standards to always do WHAT IS RIGHT. He plays politics strictly with NO CONSCIENCE whatsoever.
Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by Longeria(m): 12:05pm On Jul 25, 2013
toprealman: Yerima and co are PEDO-PHILES.David Mark and co are confused thieves. Nigeria under GEJ's administration is a big joke.
If you don't add Jonathan‘s name will thunder fire you?

4 Likes

Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by Abbey2sam(m): 12:07pm On Jul 25, 2013
mr_king: Sharap your mouth there David!!! How could you morons allow Stupid Religious sentiment to Becloud your sense of Reasoning in a circular country like Nigeria? You all A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ fools!!! Big Fools!!! This is what we get from you stupid lawmakers as †ђξ highest paid globally?

I thought nigeria is a triangular country

Its Secular my friend.......

1 Like

Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by jude33084(m): 12:11pm On Jul 25, 2013
freecocoa: The said girl isn't Nigerian, I'm not sure that part of the law applies to her.

At first, for her to enter into the country legally, she must be under the law of the land.

it is too late now sha wink
Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by AlabaSlim: 12:11pm On Jul 25, 2013
HNosegbe:

How come Sani Yerima is still a free man?
You talk as if you were born in america. I hope you haven't 4gotten that 9ja is still & will always be a religious country.
I may hate david_mark but i love the wisdom he used that day cos it may have been bloody (remember hausas anywhere don't joke with i$lam).
Do you know what will happen in the north (a zone where radical imams/emirs preach the message of HATE to their devilish/satanic/radical & blood_letting almajiris) should Yerima or any islamic jihadist be arrested esp as regards tenets/teachings of islam?

1 Like

Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by jude33084(m): 12:14pm On Jul 25, 2013
Delafruita:
there is no contradiction as regards that matter.that bolded statement is not in the nigerian constitution but in the child rights act.

if it is not in the Nigerian constitution then there is problem because I doubt if the said pedophiles will ever allow it in sad
Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by jude33084(m): 12:16pm On Jul 25, 2013
Alaba_Slim:
You talk as if you were born in america. I hope you haven't 4gotten that 9ja is still & will always be a religious country.
I may hate david_mark but i love the wisdom he used that day cos it may have been bloody (remember hausas anywhere don't joke with i$lam).
Do you know what will happen in the north (a zone where radical imams/emirs preach the message of HATE to their devilish/satanic/radical & blood_letting almajiris) should Yerima or any islamic jihadist be arrested esp as regards tenets/teachings of islam?

Good point you have up there I must say but why do we still deceive ourselves about being one country? undecided
Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by Delafruita(m): 12:18pm On Jul 25, 2013
Alaba_Slim:
nigeria is not a religious country and david mark should be condemned for allowing another round of voting after the issue had already been voted upon.it was david mark who caused the entire problem.why should he have succumbed to yerima's pressure for another voting?all he needed to do was bang his gavel and call for the next agenda but the iddiot didnt.he called for another round of voting
Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jul 25, 2013
mr_king: Sharap your mouth there David!!! How could you morons allow Stupid Religious sentiment to Becloud your sense of Reasoning in a circular country like Nigeria? You all A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ fools!!! Big Fools!!! This is what we get from you stupid lawmakers as †ђξ highest paid globally?

Waoh! Thanks Bro. I didn't know that Nigeria was a CIRCULAR country.
And I stupidly thought we were a SECULAR country.
Thanks again Bro.
Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by Igholize(m): 12:24pm On Jul 25, 2013
P.Stacks:
David Mark failed to handle this scenerio as the Head of the Senate..

Yerima Blackmailed and got away with it with David Mark at the Helms of Affair..

Was it Yerima presiding over the House or David Mark!

Was Yerima Smarter than David mark and all the other Senators that voted "YES"

These are question we should ask our incompetent Fat cat, Fat Salary, fat allowance senators being the highest paid in the world.. The money is too much it has blocked their reasoning faculty and Yerima could Perpetrate Religion even in the Hallowed Chambers of the senate...

Live Pension for Senate leaders..
Fat Pension for senators
Fat salaries and allowances,

If u were working hard for every penny, and remember what the people in your local constituency would say, if you remember the votes and how difficult they came by,, as the senate head, u won't allow a Blackmail scale thru..

Executives are causing crisis in Rivers state.
Legislators are Creddle rubbers
Judiciary sets Al-Musthapaha Free (I don't even know where I stand on Al-Musthapah) but a section of the society felt deprived of justice..

The Executive, Legislative and Judiciary arms hav let this country down and no arm to hold on to..

Then to the main Matter...

Religion.. I already talked religion this morning on nairaland and tot I would end it there on Etsu-Nupe issues and Islam little did I know Religion was going to raise its ugly head today again..

If Religion could be used to blackmail the best of the very best in our society today. Cream dela cream, high and mighty of the society, then what is the hope of the common man..

I categorically put it to anybody today and stand to be challenged, that if Religion can Tear the Senate of The Federal Republic Apart, then in no time, it would bring the whole country to crumbles..

These are our senators, these are our elected, these are our representatives, these are the best choosen from amongst us...

Religion has torn them apart. Religion can tear anything and everything..

Christains and Muslims use Religion to perpetrate evil...

Religion is a scourge.
Religion is a cancer.
Religion is a virus capable of Consuming mankind and still survive humanity..

Long After humanity is gone, Inanimate Religion would still be alive..

I don't have anything to say to Yerima but to express my Displeasure to David Mark for letting me down to have not sensed a Blackmail.. As a leader, he should have seen the bullet coming. He owes the whole country that.. You don't cry after spilled milk..

If it were in America, somebody must take responsibility, somebody would'a been fired but here we are.. Business as usual..

And lest I forget.. I'm not controversial, I'm not a Yerima Fan but I reason with Yerima on some of the reason why he sited to have called for Child-marriage.. Everything he cited all exist in the society we live in today but if a wealthy man can marry a small girl, feed her, educate her, accomodate her and take her off the streets without having sex with her, in my opinion, that's ok, but how many northern illitrates would read such meaning to such a law? Already u see a jobless man with 4 wives and 20 children, non of them going to school and still want to pass such laws encouraging Childbride...

Evil is perpetrated thru Religion..
Religion is bigger than Mankind..

We should start looking at Abolishing Religion from our society..

No more xtains, no more muslims...
Nigeria is supposed to be the most developed country in the world if we go by number of churches and mosques we hav in this country but what do we have? Backwardness, wickedness and corruption every where in a very Religious Nation... What an Irony..

Until we emancipate ourselves from this mental slavery called Religion.. We are not going anywhere..

Religion has done more harm than good in this country nigeria and both religion were never custom to us but imported believes to this country..

Something that is not original to us.. Yet we kill ourselves over what they told us and don't know for certainty what Truth is..

Islam is Truth
Xtainity is Truth...

So where is the Truth... There is no truth anywhere, we will die for a Truth we will never know..

I believe in GOD but Religion has absolutly notin to do with God.

Until Muslims and xtains go back in time to mend their difference and agree on the Supreme God, we would keep fighting for our small gods that would destroy us..

We can Abolish Religion..
Yes we can..
. And lest I forget.. I'm not controversial, I'm not a Yerima Fan but I reason with Yerima on some of the reason why he sited to have called for Child-marriage.. Everything he cited all exist in the society we live in today but if a wealthy man can marry a small girl, feed her, educate her, accomodate her and take her off the streets without Being Intimate with her, in my opinion, that's ok, but how many northern illitrates would read such meaning to such a law? Already u see a jobless man with 4 wives and 20 children, non of them going to school and still want to pass such laws encouraging Childbride.... Oga , u no try 4 dis part atall.. Y will u bliv all dis cheap lies, re dat gullible ?.
Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by Beync(f): 12:27pm On Jul 25, 2013
Very pathetic to islamatise a national constitution. These senators are bunch of disappoints.
Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by kumbalo(m): 12:28pm On Jul 25, 2013
bowtie: It is better u abide by d word of God.u called mark u ar not up to were u ar.is it d yerima dat put d section dat talks abt d child marriage dere.prostitution as takin all over d world,d best way 2 cub it,u refuse 2 listin 2 it.every 1 of u w see d consequence.u dis group gerontocrate.
wetin this one dey talk? Na English language be this?
Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by justplainpaul(m): 12:30pm On Jul 25, 2013
I`ll continue saying it. it all boils down to GEJ. the guy na didiri.

1 Like

Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by ddeola: 12:30pm On Jul 25, 2013
I thot we had serious-minded people in d senate. This statement by d senate president doesn't sound responsible to me. So people can import underaged gals and marry dem with the assurance dat d gals can now become Nigerians abi?

What a shame. Cry the beloved country cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by Delafruita(m): 12:32pm On Jul 25, 2013
Igholize: . And lest I forget.. I'm not controversial, I'm not a Yerima Fan but I reason with Yerima on some of the reason why he sited to have called for Child-marriage.. Everything he cited all exist in the society we live in today but if a wealthy man can marry a small girl, feed her, educate her, accomodate her and take her off the streets without Being Intimate with her, in my opinion, that's ok, but how many northern illitrates would read such meaning to such a law? Already u see a jobless man with 4 wives and 20 children, non of them going to school and still want to pass such laws encouraging Childbride.... Oga , u no try 4 dis part atall.. Y will u bliv all dis cheap lies, re dat gullible ?.
you're okay with child slavery?the world is filled with women who were born poor,had poor childhood but rose above adversity to make changes in their societies.are you saying because a child is from a poor family,she shouldnt have the opportunity to make a better future for herself?rather she should be subjected to the horrors of underaged marriage simply because a rich man will feed her?its even more ridiculous that you propose such marriage be without intimacy.why not just advocate adoption instead of marriage?

2 Likes

Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 25, 2013
Delafruita:
good point.

first,the child rights act has only been passed by 16 states and is still below the 24 states required.the law can only be enforced when the required number of states pass it and even then,the states that dont pass it wont be subject to it.

secondly,even if the child rights act becomes law,the age of consent cannot be enforced.because the constitution is clear in section 1(3) that if anyn other law is at odds with the constitution on a particular matter,the constitution will be supreme and the other law voided as regards that inconsistency.in essence,the child rights act cannot be used to send anyone to jail for underaged marriage because it can be argues and interpreted that section 29 doesnt forbid gay child marriage.it will be a case of seperating argument from fact but a good lawyer will always get an acquittal for his client in such a case.

technically,underaged marriage is still legal in nigeria

What you're saying (if I get the part in bold correct) is that the social media hue and cry over Section 29 is actually in order, that the Senators and the consitution (inadvertently) endorse child marriage by virtue of section 29?
Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by extraflyfineboy(m): 12:35pm On Jul 25, 2013
Capisco: Mark is very correct,in Nigeria religious issues as regards islam must not be taken lightly coz they are so quick to violence,especially doz up north.we all rememba hw small issues have caused crisis in sum northern states in d past leadin to lost of life and property.let dem have thier way as long as it does'nt impede d ryt of christians at least 4 peace to reign

Don't make me call u a fool
Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by jafsumar07: 12:36pm On Jul 25, 2013
masterdre:

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/141612-yerima-blackmailed-senators-with-islam-claim-david-mark.html
. Keeping religion out is secularism nd wit dat, we will neva get it right. Consider both religion, or u gt ready to consider dealing with anarchy, simple!
Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by Delafruita(m): 12:41pm On Jul 25, 2013
HNosegbe:

What you're saying (if I get the part in bold correct) is that the social media hue and cry over Section 29 is actually in order, that the Senators and the consitution (inadvertently) endorse child marriage by virtue of section 29?
exactly.the senators themselves know the child rights act is currently a toothless bulldog with regards age of consent.section 29 will always remain the point of reference and it doesnt forbid underage marriage
Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by jejeannetteya(f): 12:41pm On Jul 25, 2013
HNosegbe: The Senate president has still not addressed the issue closest to my heart.

Section 21 of the Child Rights Act of 2003, a federal law, states unequivocally that a child below the age of 18 shall be deemed a minor and not eligible to marry. The law goes on to stipulate imprisonment for those who break this law.

He married an Egyptian not a Nigerian.
Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by justplainpaul(m): 12:41pm On Jul 25, 2013
Beync: Very pathetic to islamatise a national constitution. These senators are bunch of disappoints.
you sabi english well well.
Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by pek(m): 12:43pm On Jul 25, 2013
Nigeria is not a secular state. Rather, Nigeria is a multi religious nation!
Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by Delafruita(m): 12:47pm On Jul 25, 2013
jeje.annette@ya:
He married an Egyptian not a Nigerian.
he married an egyptian so its alright?will his egyptian wife not be subject to nigerian law?
Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by francisbiz: 12:49pm On Jul 25, 2013
[quote author=mr_king]Sharap your mouth there David!!! How could you morons allow Stupid Religious sentiment to Becloud your sense of Reasoning in a circular country like Nigeria? You all A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ fools!!! Big Fools!!! This is what we get from you stupid lawmakers as †ђξ highest paid globally?
SHOUT IT INTO THEIR EARDRUMS
SENATOR MARK SHOULD STEP DOWN AS THE SENATE PRESIDENT FOR ACCEPTING DEFEAT, WHICH IS A BLUNDER AND FOR THROWING UP STUPENDOUS EXCUSES.
We need two constitutions in this country; one for CHRISTIANS and the other for Muslims.
If we can not coexist in principle, then the PROTECTORATE OF SOUTHERN NIGERIA and THE PROTECTORATE OF NORTHERN NIGERIA should be given a thought.
BECAUSE WE ARE JUST PRETENDING TO BE IN UNITY; just look at the voting pattern of the controversial clause, all you see is crass polarization of the country in the vote.
WHY POSTPONE THE EVIL DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by funmeme(f): 12:56pm On Jul 25, 2013
HNosegbe: The Senate president has still not addressed the issue closest to my heart.

Section 21 of the Child Rights Act of 2003, a federal law, states unequivocally that a child below the age of 18 shall be deemed a minor and not eligible to marry. The law goes on to stipulate imprisonment for those who break this law.

The girl in question is an Egyptian, not a Nigerian but that doesn't make it right though, the man is just being foolish, he shud atlist know better as a father, a Nigerian n a leader for that matter.
Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 25, 2013
Delafruita: exactly.the senators themselves know the child rights act is currently a toothless bulldog with regards age of consent.section 29 will always remain the point of reference and it doesnt forbid underage marriage

Apparently so is the Fiscal Responsibility Act, Freedom of Information Act and even EFCC Act.

undecided
Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by Kingspin(m): 1:09pm On Jul 25, 2013
Yerima have PhD in Sharia Law....thats y he cant offer beyond brainwashing.
Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by obadaye: 1:19pm On Jul 25, 2013
..easy man..this is tooo much 4 them na...haba
Re: Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark by Biggyd2: 1:34pm On Jul 25, 2013
Really! So people 'voted' the 'blackmailed' senators to the senate to do what Mr. Yerima dictates and not the constitution? Don't they have their own brains? And after this they take home their armed-robber salaries for sitting down to discuss such rubbish!

This is just the herd-mentality at work, if you ask me. The constituencies involved should recall the 'blackamailed senators, including Mr Yerima immediately. LHM.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Meets With Narendra Modi, India's Prime Minister (Photo) / Recession Exit: US Denies Praising Nigerian Government / LASG Rescues Distressed American Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.