Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Have You Think About All These Before Saying "I Want To Marry You?" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have You Think About All These Before Saying "I Want To Marry You?" (947 Views)

21 Questions To Ask Before Saying “I Do” / 7 Reasons Why Your Long Time Boyfriend Will Never Marry You / Things To Consider Before Saying I Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Think About All These Before Saying "I Want To Marry You?" by homerevival(m): 12:29pm On Jul 26, 2013
Before you propose to her!

A brother came for a session few days ago and when he came in, I knew he was up to something. During the conversation, he said, "sir, I will like to propose to my fiancee in few days time", I congratulate him and we shook hands.
Few minutes later, he said "sir, won't you say anything about my intention?" and I laughed, then I shared some few things with him.

Marriage is an everlasting project that is meant to outlive the couples' in it, infact, a successful marriage is the one that outlived the couple. It is a project that requires all your energy, zeal, concentration, love, attention, commitment, loyalty, patience, time and you must be sound and fit spiritually, psychologically, emotionally and financially.

As a man, before you propose to a lady, have you ever asked yourself some hard facts questions? Have you been plain and faithful to yourself by asking and answering some technical but true and logical questions? Have you appraise yourself psychologically, spiritually, emotionally and financially and you can give yourself a pass mark? Are you not been pushed or pressurise to get married?

Have you asked yourself some of these questions:

Do I really love her? Will I be able to live with her for the rest of my life? Will I be able to stand her weaknesses? Will I be able to forgive her if I discover she commit adultery with my friend, younger brother, elder brother, father, my Pastor, her boss, her ex, her friend's husband? Can I forgive her if she abuse my parents or beat them up? Can I forgive her if she abuse or curse me? What will I do if her sister seduce me? What will I do if her friends seduce me? What will be my reaction if she was raped in my presence? What will I do if she had an accident that makes her paralyse or deform? What will be my reaction if I discovered she is a witch? What will be my reaction if I heard she had aborted pregnancy for my father, my brothers or friends? What will be my reaction if she open up to me that our first born is not mine? What will be my reaction if she steals, fight, bed-wet, gossip or cannot cook? What will I do if she confess to me that she had
aborted pregnancy for her father before? What will I do if I discover that she is a lesbian or hermaphrodite? Will I be able to stand by her if I discover she will not be able to give birth? Will I still love her if she give birth to five, six, seven girls? Can I vouch for myself that I will not cheat on her for any reason? Can I make her happy always?

Also, can I stand a pregnant woman? Will I be comfortable with her during pregnancy? Won't I be feeling irritated during her trimesters? Will I be strong enough to be patient with her when she will become too heavy and can't do much? Can I stand the cry of a baby in the midnight? Will I be able to stand her new physique after delivery? Will I be able to change diaper for my baby, pet my baby to sleep? Can I help her with some domestic chore?

Also, can I pray for her even when we are fighting? Can I support her dreams and visions? Won't I be intimidated if she is successful than me? Can I help her parents, siblings and relatives? Can I take her parents and siblings as mine? Can I live in peace with for the rest of my life?

Marriage is not all about how much I have in my bank account, it is more than how many houses I have or my status in the society. Marriage is more than having sex and bearing children, "marriage is not meant for boys, but men".

Have you think about all these before saying "I want to marry you?"

The Listening Ears Counseling Group

www.listeningears.net

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Listening-Ears-Counseling-Group/

1 Like

Re: Have You Think About All These Before Saying "I Want To Marry You?" by Galads(m): 2:40pm On Jul 26, 2013
homerevival: Before you propose to her!

A brother came for a session few days ago and when he came in, I knew he was up to something. During the conversation, he said, "sir, I will like to propose to my fiancee in few days time", I congratulate him and we shook hands.
Few minutes later, he said "sir, won't you say anything about my intention?" and I laughed, then I shared some few things with him.

Marriage is an everlasting project that is meant to outlive the couples' in it, infact, a successful marriage is the one that outlived the couple. It is a project that requires all your energy, zeal, concentration, love, attention, commitment, loyalty, patience, time and you must be sound and fit spiritually, psychologically, emotionally and financially.

As a man, before you propose to a lady, have you ever asked yourself some hard facts questions? Have you been plain and faithful to yourself by asking and answering some technical but true and logical questions? Have you appraise yourself psychologically, spiritually, emotionally and financially and you can give yourself a pass mark? Are you not been pushed or pressurise to get married?

Have you asked yourself some of these questions:

Do I really love her? Will I be able to live with her for the rest of my life? Will I be able to stand her weaknesses? Will I be able to forgive her if I discover she commit adultery with my friend, younger brother, elder brother, father, my Pastor, her boss, her ex, her friend's husband? Can I forgive her if she abuse my parents or beat them up? Can I forgive her if she abuse or curse me? What will I do if her sister seduce me? What will I do if her friends seduce me? What will be my reaction if she was raped in my presence? What will I do if she had an accident that makes her paralyse or deform? What will be my reaction if I discovered she is a witch? What will be my reaction if I heard she had aborted pregnancy for my father, my brothers or friends? What will be my reaction if she open up to me that our first born is not mine? What will be my reaction if she steals, fight, bed-wet, gossip or cannot cook? What will I do if she confess to me that she had
aborted pregnancy for her father before? What will I do if I discover that she is a lesbian or hermaphrodite? Will I be able to stand by her if I discover she will not be able to give birth? Will I still love her if she give birth to five, six, seven girls? Can I vouch for myself that I will not cheat on her for any reason? Can I make her happy always?

Also, can I stand a pregnant woman? Will I be comfortable with her during pregnancy? Won't I be feeling irritated during her trimesters? Will I be strong enough to be patient with her when she will become too heavy and can't do much? Can I stand the cry of a baby in the midnight? Will I be able to stand her new physique after delivery? Will I be able to change diaper for my baby, pet my baby to sleep? Can I help her with some domestic chore?

Also, can I pray for her even when we are fighting? Can I support her dreams and visions? Won't I be intimidated if she is successful than me? Can I help her parents, siblings and relatives? Can I take her parents and siblings as mine? Can I live in peace with for the rest of my life?

Marriage is not all about how much I have in my bank account, it is more than how many houses I have or my status in the society. Marriage is more than having sex and bearing children, "marriage is not meant for boys, but men".

Have you think about all these before saying "I want to marry you?"

The Listening Ears Counseling Group

www.listeningears.net

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Listening-Ears-Counseling-Group/
Wow!!!am inspired...nice questions to consider before saying I wanna marry u
Re: Have You Think About All These Before Saying "I Want To Marry You?" by malaria(f): 9:44pm On Jul 26, 2013
Nice one
Re: Have You Think About All These Before Saying "I Want To Marry You?" by Cholls(m): 9:59pm On Jul 26, 2013
My brother mark it! U have a new client added to your list.

Bravo!

(1) (Reply)

Inspector General Of Romance: Police IG MD Abubakar Set To Remarry In September / Who Would U Choose, A Or B? / The Way To The Heart Of A Real Man!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.