Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan (40862 Views)

Breaking: Efcc Questions suswan / Special Asistant To Gov. Suswan Dies In Government House / Atiku Says We Need Govt That Values Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by kokosheen(m): 12:16pm On Jul 27, 2013
Zet72: undecided Anybody who feels the statistic raised by Suswan in this article is bogus, should counter it with his/her own verifiable statistic.

On another note, Igbos need to move some of their investment down east as a matter of urgency,because nobody knows what tomorrow hold for this country.

If you read the original post carefully, you'll note that the only statement attributed to Suswan is the OP's thread title, every other thing written in the post was by a Mr. CLEMENT UDEGBE, a lawyer from Lagos who I guess should be Igbo, go figure on the unrealistic statistics.

To put it in context, the amended budget passed for the entire federation of Nigeria this week is N4.9Trillion, imagine all the projects ear-marked in that budget (east-west road, railway rehab, power projects etc) and you say Igbos have assets worth N600 Trillion in Abuja alone!!! Haba, Nigeria as a federation has not made this amount since independence.

9 Likes

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by GangstaGrillz: 12:16pm On Jul 27, 2013
That's a whooping sum of $50 trillion in total!! grin shocked shocked

Is Nigeria even worth $10 trillion? Igbo's are worth more than Nigeria, yet they are just part of the country - defo can't make this up. grin Sell all of Nigeria including all the oil reserves and Igbo's are still worth x5!! shocked

The total worth of Lagos is just about N400 trillion. I guess Igbo's own 90% of everything in Lagos, including all the multi-nationals, lands, businesses, government etc. undecided undecided

You can't but love the Igbo's. tongue grin

13 Likes

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 27, 2013
bad meat: Truth be said!the igbos r the only true nigerians we have in this countrywink
Define a true Nigerian.

2 Likes

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by aurenflani: 12:52pm On Jul 27, 2013
GangstaGrillz: That's a whooping sum of $50 trillion in total!! grin shocked shocked

Is Nigeria even worth $10 trillion? Igbo's are worth more than Nigeria, yet they are just part of the country - defo can't make this up. grin Sell all of Nigeria including all the oil reserves and Igbo's are still worth x5!! shocked

The total worth of Lagos is just about N400 trillion. I guess Igbo's own 90% of everything in Lagos, including all the multi-nationals, lands, businesses, government etc. undecided undecided

grin undecided!!!
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by 1soul(m): 5:10pm On Jul 27, 2013
nedu666: STUPID ONCE AGAIN STUPID WHAT IS THE SOURCE OF THIS SATISTICS. IF IBOS OWN THIS MUCH THEN WHAT DO THE REST OF NIGERIA OWN. THINK NDI IBO THINK IS IT POSSIBLE THAT IBOS OWN THIS MUCH IN BENUE OF ALL PLACES. HOW MUCH IS THE TOTAL CUSTOMER DEPOSIT IN BANKS, HABA MY PEOPLE ARE TOO BOASTFUL. HAVING BEEN TO MOST PARTS OF NIGERIA I CAN CONFIDENTLY DISPUTE THESE FIGURES. THERE IS NO WAY THE IGBOS IN ALL NOTHERN STATE ARE UP TO ONE MILLION UNLESS THEY RESIDE IN THE BUSH. ALSO THERE IS NO WAY ALL THERE ASSETS TRADING, BUILDING, MANUFT IS UP TO ONE BILLION DOLLARS. ABSOLUTELY NO WAY.
how much is one billion dollars? Your post reeks of gross-ignorance. So all the Igbos in Kano alone are not worth 160 billion naira? grin angry

3 Likes

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by 1soul(m): 5:20pm On Jul 27, 2013
FSU: But all this will be worth its salt only if Nigeria remains as one. If we divide, then it is a colossal loss that Igbos may never recover from like they did after Biafra.

Any wealthy Igbo living outside Igboland who does not invest at least 30% of his wealth in Igboland is sitting on sand.
There's urgent need to form an organization whose duty would be to woo the Igbos with serious investment outside the SE to bring back home their investments. I want a one Nigeria where most of the Igbo investments would be sited home while place s like Lagos, Kano, Kaduna, Abuja, etc would all be for warehousing and show rooms! Nollywood can be moved down to Asaba, while our big time movie and music marketers relocate to Onitsha. cool

3 Likes

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 27, 2013
GangstaGrillz: That's a whooping sum of $50 trillion in total!! grin shocked shocked

Lol. And they keep taking their imaginary investment to Onitsha every year.
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by udoglory(m): 10:06pm On Jul 27, 2013
nedu666: STUPID ONCE AGAIN STUPID WHAT IS THE SOURCE OF THIS SATISTICS. IF IBOS OWN THIS MUCH THEN WHAT DO THE REST OF NIGERIA OWN. THINK NDI IBO THINK IS IT POSSIBLE THAT IBOS OWN THIS MUCH IN BENUE OF ALL PLACES. HOW MUCH IS THE TOTAL CUSTOMER DEPOSIT IN BANKS, HABA MY PEOPLE ARE TOO BOASTFUL. HAVING BEEN TO MOST PARTS OF NIGERIA I CAN CONFIDENTLY DISPUTE THESE FIGURES. THERE IS NO WAY THE IGBOS IN ALL NOTHERN STATE ARE UP TO ONE MILLION UNLESS THEY RESIDE IN THE BUSH. ALSO THERE IS NO WAY ALL THERE ASSETS TRADING, BUILDING, MANUFT IS UP TO ONE BILLION DOLLARS. ABSOLUTELY NO WAY.
I think u r swimming in an ocean of ignorance

2 Likes

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by biafranqueen: 10:28pm On Jul 27, 2013
torkaka: All this drunken statistics, if the igbos own assets worth trillions then the igbo land will be like Dubai!!
See wettin I talk Igbo's we are just blowing hot air with nothing to prove. If we all take our resources to our Igboland we could never be doubted. He who has eyes should read and take action now!!

1 Like

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by biafranqueen: 10:37pm On Jul 27, 2013
During the Jos crises in 2011, a coalition of people from the South-East , South-South and South-West resident in Jos, Plateau State said “that since the crises started in the state, the Yoruba had lost property worth N450bn; the Igbo, N410bn; and South-South, N110bn.The three groups from the year 1994 to date lost property estimated at over N970bn.”

In Maiduguri in 2011, it was reported that “the majority of the non-natives, especially Igbos, have resorted to selling their houses and other landed property, at ridiculously cheaper rates, saying that they no longer feel safe to carry out their businesses in Maiduguri and other neighboring Northern states.”

In 2012, following the death of some Igbos in a bomb explosion in Kano, an Igbo leader was reported as saying: “With more than one million Igbos and our over N20 billion investments in Kano, this is our home away from home. And no one can force us to return home where… land is scarce and expensive for setting up new businesses.”
This is hardcore facts today today, how long will we keep wasting out resources, our lives and time investing in another mans land. This has been going on throughout history. Must it be by force that you try an belong? We can stop this now!!! Why is the North better then the East why?
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by gidson12(m): 10:41pm On Jul 27, 2013
topics of this nature does not see the light of front page..........pathetic!!
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by biafranqueen: 10:41pm On Jul 27, 2013
1soul:
There's urgent need to form an organization whose duty would be to woo the Igbos with serious investment outside the SE to bring back home their investments. I want a one Nigeria where most of the Igbo investments would be sited home while place s like Lagos, Kano, Kaduna, Abuja, etc would all be for warehousing and show rooms! Nollywood can be moved down to Asaba, while our big time movie and music marketers relocate to Onitsha. cool

Yes we must act now ladies if I could talk sense into my husband you can too! We must make Igboland our top priority it is imperative. All lands in Lagos must be sold and reinvested before the Land Act takes place, and while the market is hot. We must build up the real estate value in the East!!
You are right it must be more organized. I have just advocated this among Nnewians and among my family and those in the diaspora in our Associations.

4 Likes

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by biafranqueen: 10:45pm On Jul 27, 2013
gidson12: topics of this nature does not see the light of front page..........pathetic!!
My Dear the important thing is those like you that are important will see it and spread the word and take the necessary actions! grin This is the real Biafra Movement I don't believe in separating as a tribe from the country, but I believe 100% in separating economically for all the points raised in the topic by the OP

1 Like

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by biafranqueen: 11:05pm On Jul 27, 2013
Kingspin: Highly, envy,anger,hate,fear, etc against Igbos are due to there solely economic development and talent skills across Nigeria.Laziness is the best facts y other tribes dislike igbos but God is their strength...Jealousy is a natural disease...Up 9ja
Our strength is in numbers when we reinvest all of our money back into the East they will see the truth.
Kama mmanya ga-esere ogo na ogo okwu, ya waa n'uzo

1 Like

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Onlytruth(m): 1:40am On Jul 28, 2013
biafranqueen:

Yes we must act now ladies if I could talk sense into my husband you can too! We must make Igboland our top priority it is imperative. All lands in Lagos must be sold and reinvested before the Land Act takes place, and while the market is hot. We must build up the real estate value in the East!!
You are right it must be more organized. I have just advocated this among Nnewians and among my family and those in the diaspora in our Associations.

Nne this topic of relocation to Igboland is older than you and I, eziokwu.
From the times of our grand fathers up till now, Ndigbo disperse naturally, sometimes (or often) to the disadvantage of Igboland. There is a good and bad with it, the details of which I cannot cover here. But I am one of those who advocate that we NEVER sell our landed properties acquired outside of Igboland because of many reasons (I cannot cover all points here). All I can say is that if we are prepared to FIGHT outside of Igboland, the chance of a Biafra-like defeat is almost ZERO. Even the enemy will think twice before picking on us again. But to do that we must start living in enclaves as much as possible. Buying land simply because it is cheap is a strategic mistake. We should be buying lands in close proximity with other Igbos outside of Igboland. Sparse settlement makes us easy targets.
Nothing stops us developing Igboland as well as other parts of Nigeria where we live. We can do both.
We should not always kill flies with sledge hammers that destroy everything including our strategic positions in Nigeria. Let us use our brains. I cannot emphasize this point enough.

4 Likes

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Nobody: 2:06am On Jul 28, 2013
gift to the thread angry angry
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by biafranqueen: 2:29am On Jul 28, 2013
Onlytruth:

Nne this topic of relocation to Igboland is older than you and I, eziokwu.
From the times of our grand fathers up till now, Ndigbo disperse naturally, sometimes (or often) to the disadvantage of Igboland. There is a good and bad with it, the details of which I cannot cover here. But I am one of those who advocate that we NEVER sell our landed properties acquired outside of Igboland because of many reasons (I cannot cover all points here). All I can say is that if we are prepared to FIGHT outside of Igboland, the chance of a Biafra-like defeat is almost ZERO. Even the enemy will think twice before picking on us again. But to do that we must start living in enclaves as much as possible. Buying land simply because it is cheap is a strategic mistake. We should be buying lands in close proximity with other Igbos outside of Igboland. Sparse settlement makes us easy targets.
Nothing stops us developing Igboland as well as other parts of Nigeria where we live. We can do both.
We should not always kill flies with sledge hammers that destroy everything including our strategic positions in Nigeria. Let us use our brains. I cannot emphasize this point enough.
How many of our people go to the North and end up coming back rich men helping the community. Look at our teaching hospital the motherless baby home they are all falling down. Are youth's leave because nothing is happening. They kidnap because we come home and build mansions while they feel useless. Ibeto factory is polluting every where I can't even breath when I come to the village. We have to do something to build the community why do we only think about ourselves? We are living on our grandfathers infrastructure are we not ashamed yet?

2 Likes

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by biafranqueen: 2:41am On Jul 28, 2013
Are governor built this in Abuja we need this type of shopping center in the East !

3 Likes

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by biafranqueen: 2:49am On Jul 28, 2013
All I can say is that if we are prepared to FIGHT outside of Igboland, the chance of a Biafra-like defeat is almost ZERO.

Kano was built by an Igbo man and he had to come back after the war with almost nothing embarassed

Biafran's have to fight economically not with guns. This is a fight to build the east. We keep bragging we are holding up Nigeria but where is the physical proof.
In 40 more years the leased land in Lagos will now expire for some... then your factory and land will be at the discretion of the current Governor. How will you leave a legacy to your children's children. All we can think about is now now now. Who is going to modernize our town if it is not the business people?

2 Likes

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Onlytruth(m): 4:06am On Jul 28, 2013
biafranqueen:

Kano was built by an Igbo man and he had to come back after the war with almost nothing embarassed

Biafran's have to fight economically not with guns. This is a fight to build the east. We keep bragging we are holding up Nigeria but where is the physical proof.
In 40 more years the leased land in Lagos will now expire for some... then your factory and land will be at the discretion of the current Governor. How will you leave a legacy to your children's children. All we can think about is now now now. Who is going to modernize our town if it is not the business people?

If our rich men like Gov Peter Obi can build that type of mall in Onitsha, I have no doubt that it would be busy and successful, but he chose to build it in Abuja (maybe because he wants a quicker return on his investment). That is what I quarrel with, not the general idea of all Igbo doing the same, especially those based outside of Igboland.

We've discussed this issue several times here and I have basically "lectured" Ndigbo on their thinking style and how it threatens our very existence (not just survival) in Nigeria. We usually don't think collectively; we think INDIVIDUALLY. That is the real problem, not the issue of being easy targets outside Igboland. There is enough Igbo population for instance in the North or even the West, to stand our grounds in any war right where they live, instead of always running back to the East. But crude and unbridled individualism makes it impossible. There are nations on this earth which number less than 5 million, yet they have formidable armies to defend them in times of war. Some of such nations even raise up to 500,000 man military. Why should 4 million Igbos (someone said this is Igbo number in the North) always run back to the East at the sight of any trouble? Pray why did they go there in the first place if they cannot organize to defend themselves in -situ? The Igbos in Lagos are the ones I think that actually think like I'm advising here, but I digress.

The main point I'm trying to make is that the East is already developing (I see all the roads in Enugu, Anambra, Imo, Ebonyi and even Abia). Asaba is our city and it is developing too. Soon, very soon, these states will explode in economic activities and start maximizing the use of these roads. Once Enugu airport takes off, this will escalate.

So, in essence, the East will develop whether our people returned to it or not. I just don't like us dwelling on this point as if our very existence depends on it. Nothing stops others from coming to Igboland (like they did in Biafra) and killing us there. My mindset is that we should rather stand our grounds where we live first. We stand a better chance of protecting the East and even inflicting real defeat on the enemy should they dare to return to their dirty tricks of the past.

We are Nigerians, and must stake our claim to ALL parts of Nigeria where we live. cool

3 Likes

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by 1oracle(m): 5:19am On Jul 28, 2013
muktarl: suswan is one sided. he forgot to record that hausa fulanis are great merchants. economically and commercially the north is very relevant. i will release more infor
Every section of this country is relevant but the truth still remains that without the Great Igbos.........have you wondered why your ancestors risked their lives to retain them in the so called one Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by geeez: 6:27am On Jul 28, 2013
Does this mean the SE state governors have themselves been ignoring Igbos because economies of the SS and SW have grown faster and bigger than that of the SE as a region since 1999?

5 Likes

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Nobody: 9:24am On Jul 28, 2013
biafranqueen:

please you've been on and on about the land lease stuff.
Any link where I can get more insight on it?

1 Like

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 28, 2013
kokosheen: "Mr. CLEMENT UDEGBE, a lawyer, wrote from Lagos"..
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/the-igbos-have-more-at-stake-in-nigeria/#
grin grin grin grin grin

The mere mention of N300 Trillion, N600 Trillion like pure water wraps really got me…
Haba, N300 Trillion is nearly $2 Trillion dollars na!!!
Like it’s said, if you tell a lie long enough, you end up believing it.
undecided

LMHO!!!

Please don't spoil the party for our brothers

grin

4 Likes

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 28, 2013

When it comes to pulling stats out of their a.s.s.e.s, you gotta give it to them.

The way the ones you even assume are intelligent (pro01 for instance) fall for it is really amusing.

6 Likes

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by biafranqueen: 8:06pm On Jul 28, 2013
Imanuelle:

please you've been on and on about the land lease stuff.
Any link where I can get more insight on it?
yes
The first link is the actual law http://www.nigeria-law.org/Land%20Use%20Act.htm
The second is broken down very well in layman terms
https://www.nairaland.com/289462/lawyer-pls-deed-lease-deed

President Goodluck is working on trying to revise some of the act that's the good news.

My point is that we as Nigerians have stopped planning for our children's childeren. We will not know how the Governor in 40 years time will handle this they might sign a new lease for occupancy for another 99 years and your legacy will continue or maybe they won't.
Don't get me wrong I am all for flipping land in the area buy it keep it a few years and sell it at a higher cost , but I know so many of my personal people that are building hotels, estates etc; which they can sell as well after the ROI but I just want us to fully understand that land does not belong to us!

1 Like

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by biafranqueen: 8:19pm On Jul 28, 2013
Onlytruth:

We've discussed this issue several times here and I have basically "lectured" Ndigbo on their thinking style and how it threatens our very existence (not just survival) in Nigeria. We usually don't think collectively; we think INDIVIDUALLY. That is the real problem, not the issue of being easy targets outside Igboland. There is enough Igbo population for instance in the North or even the West, to stand our grounds in any war right where they live, instead of always running back to the East. But crude and unbridled individualism makes it impossible. There are nations on this earth which number less than 5 million, yet they have formidable armies to defend them in times of war. Some of such nations even raise up to 500,000 man military. Why should 4 million Igbos (someone said this is Igbo number in the North) always run back to the East at the sight of any trouble? Pray why did they go there in the first place if they cannot organize to defend themselves in -situ? The Igbos in Lagos are the ones I think that actually think like I'm advising here, but I digress.

So, in essence, the East will develop whether our people returned to it or not. I just don't like us dwelling on this point as if our very existence depends on it. Nothing stops others from coming to Igboland (like they did in Biafra) and killing us there. My mindset is that we should rather stand our grounds where we live first. We stand a better chance of protecting the East and even inflicting real defeat on the enemy should they dare to return to their dirty tricks of the past.

We are Nigerians, and must stake our claim to ALL parts of Nigeria

Nna why are you hoping that we will have to fight for our lives that is not my point. You must be single if you pray that one day you may have to pick up arms to protect your children and wife. I am talking about the responsibility of Igbo men to build up the East. So you are hoping China or Hausa's will come and reap the benefits of the east. I do not pray that one day another war will break out, or more killing of Igbo 's will happen in the North, those recent killing were not really ethnic cleansing's,as we have seen Boko Boys have killed thousands of Muslims too.

I am just a women and can only as a wife and daughter of Ndi Igbo, advise the men to take responsibility of our land like Dangote did for his people. My grandfather was one of the first to build a factory after the war, he built schools and private roads. He and his friends created jobs and the infrastructure you now visit. When will this generation take responsibility?

We must stop building mansions that we visit once a year and help to build schools like the Prince of our Land Obi did. That is what I am talking about. We must help develop the east instead of shamelessly coming here bragging that we run this country, we are the economic power but we are waiting to see what government will develop.

It's ok I am doing my own part to reap the benefits and to develop it is just a shame I have to bring in outsider investors because my own people can not see the value of investing in the East.

We have to stop getting into public offices and spending the tax money to create personal wealth. We have to stop getting contracts and doing shoddy jobs if it is even done at all. We have to learn how to create wealth and not focus on being just rich! I am glad that we both agree that our thinking and INDIVIDUALISM is hampering our success as a community of people. But we can be the change we seek! It has to start somewhere!

4 Likes

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by druid06(m): 8:53pm On Jul 28, 2013
biafranqueen:

Nna why are you hoping that we will have to fight for our lives that is not my point. You must be single if you pray that one day you may have to pick up arms to protect your children and wife. I am talking about the responsibility of Igbo men to build up the East. So you are hoping China or Hausa's will come and reap the benefits of the east. I do not pray that one day another war will break out, or more killing of Igbo 's will happen in the North, those recent killing were not really ethnic cleansing's,as we have seen Boko Boys have killed thousands of Muslims too.

I am just a women and can only as a wife and daughter of Ndi Igbo, advise the men to take responsibility of our land like Dangote did for his people. My grandfather was one of the first to build a factory after the war, he built schools and private roads. He and his friends created jobs and the infrastructure you now visit. When will this generation take responsibility?

We must stop building mansions that we visit once a year and help to build schools like the Prince of our Land Obi did. That is what I am talking about. We must help develop the east instead of shamelessly coming here bragging that we run this country, we are the economic power but we are waiting to see what government will develop.

It's ok I am doing my own part to reap the benefits and to develop it is just a shame I have to bring in outsider investors because my own people can not see the value of investing in the East.

Kindly explain what is there to invest in the east. Isn't it when you have a great demand you try to supply. We all know there's little or no money to be made in the east and that's why we're scattered all over..

The Igbo brethren are not stupid to leave the gold mine in their back if there's any to go harvest cocoa in another.. Think!!

5 Likes

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by biafranqueen: 9:40pm On Jul 28, 2013
druid06:

Kindly explain what is there to invest in the east. Isn't it when you have a great demand you try to supply. We all know there's little or no money to be made in the east and that's why we're scattered all over..

The Igbo brethren are not stupid to leave the gold mine in their back if there's any to go plant cocoa in another.. Think!!
Did you know that the company that makes Indomie is Indian owned and the are building a 30 million dollar processing plant for Palm Oil. Can you name me one Palm Oil processing plant in Nigeria. Every single cosmetic industry in the world uses palm oil every packaged food company uses it. http://www.saynotopalmoil.com/palm-oil.php
The west is boycotting Malaylaia palm oil because they are cutting down trees to plant Palm Oil trees to meet the worlds demand. We already have them in the east in abundance. Fruit plantations are very profitable. How about growing tomatoes and bottling it instead of importing it. Palm Wine is so hard to get in the western world. If you know how much we pay for Igbo soup ingredients in America, very expensive. One just one dry fish is 2,500 NGNis $15.00 A small bag of egusi is $12.00. 2,000 NGN.

Are you getting my point?

Did you know that a hospital can be built for profit as well as serving the community. Agriculture is not just coco. What about fish, bush meat, chicken farming? The east has the space for so much industry. We have to think outside the box. My town alone has 1.5 million people, just Nnewi. You think Abuja has more opportunities because they have already been created. The youth have to stop looking for jobs and creating opportunities. By the way Nigerians spend $300,000 million dollars a year on Indomie

Dangote built a cement factory in Kogi because limestone is in abundance as it is in IMO state. What is stoping Igbos from doing the same, the land is rich with mineral resources untouched.

Kaolin is used for ceramics, lead for tv, Natural gas and oil is in the area but have not been taken advantage of because owners of the land are afraid of being exploited. Sandstone is in abundance. The East is full of natural resources in our own backyard trust me. The Japanese are interested big time in the east but your brothers won't tell you that. The ones in government that know are acquiring land silently. So I suggest you do look in your backyard. I know we have enough to go around that is why I refuse to keep silent anymore.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Soldiers Storm Kogi To Stop Fulani Herdsmen Vs Farmers Clashes(pics) / Ferry Gberegbe's Children Gets N200M Scholarship From Wike / Fulani Herdsmen Kill Pastor And His Two Workers During Attack In Edo (graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.