Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,436 members, 7,954,734 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:10 AM

Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial (33393 Views)

Jose Mourinho Takes A Jab At Arsene Wenger Over Arsenal’s Transfer Spending... / Mourinho Agrees With Wenger Over FIFA Ballon D'or / Oboabona Denies Receiving Arsenal Invitation For A Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 27, 2013
Adufaye: seconded
well,howmuch do u think arsenal will have to pay to have those players in their team?
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Freddieyankee(m): 5:43pm On Jul 27, 2013
Trials are meant for local and unproven players.... This guy has shown himself to the world and has proven how good a player he is and even won a nations cup so that been said I suggest arsenal should shove there insulting and embarrassing trial letter up there ass. Nonsense and ingredient

1 Like

Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by noblejazz(m): 5:45pm On Jul 27, 2013
This is the most matured statement that has ever come from a Nigerian footballer in our national history. Ibrahimovic did the same thing to Arsene Wenger when he was invited for trials in Arsenal. But "IBRA" told Wenger that "IBRA" dont do trials. Today, Ibra is one of the best strikers in the world.

All Aboabona needs now is to move on with his confidence and GOD will make a way someday.

2 Likes

Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Freddieyankee(m): 5:46pm On Jul 27, 2013
tommykiwi: what is wrong being called up for trial in such a big club like Arsenal,he is not the first and wouldn't neva be the last too.

F big club wat av they won in years...... Na santos better pass obaobona?
Why dem no invite santos for trials before them sign am, Nigeria is footballing nation just like brazil and we demand respect too

1 Like

Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by AbuMikey(m): 5:46pm On Jul 27, 2013
Nomski0:

The guy should go for the trials jare. A player who is hungry for success will see this as a mere road block on the way to the top. Arsenal will give him exposure, he should not be too proud and ruin this opportunity.
I beg to disagree!
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Freddieyankee(m): 5:51pm On Jul 27, 2013
Diasporan:
Dude going for a trial in a nasty club like Arsenal and you are not taken automatically spoils your profile as a Player.So its better to sign on to a club in Ukraine or Turkey instead of attempting that career suicide of a trial in a club like Arsenal.

Agreed 101% go play in other European countries, win trophies and even make good money than going to arsenal that pays peanut
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Lustig(m): 5:53pm On Jul 27, 2013
Ibanga p: Sorry, but which club does obaobona play for?
u I knw sabi read am for boko ko?
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by ideylaff: 5:54pm On Jul 27, 2013
Freddieyankee:

Agreed 101% go play in other European countries, win trophies and even make good money than going to arsenal that pays peanut

Make he go wia Monkey Racism chants go dey welcome am every game right. LOL
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Adufaye(m): 5:55pm On Jul 27, 2013
milehigh06:

and how old is heare you guys even getting the irony in your posts?they call young players that have never played any where for trials not people who play for national teams.has zalelam or whatever is name is ever played for the german national teamor u21?
well dy bobo dy play 4 german U16,just 16yrs of age,e can stil play 4 Ethiopia
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Funpeter: 5:59pm On Jul 27, 2013
honeric01:

What are you saying? These 'youth' players you're talking about played where? Their own local leagues before they were signed, true or false?

He should go and prove himself where? By coming for trials? So trial is now a bigger platform to prove yourself than the nations cup and confederations cup? Whatapity!
yes ooo sanogo played in the french league and ramsy played in the championship guess u can compare nigeria league with dose league dont lets go dere cos u and i knw dat no player i mean no player from dese generations is sign directly from our league into tope teams in europe shey na lie
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by edi287: 6:04pm On Jul 27, 2013
Wow so according to this guy the npl is as good as the brazilian league?? He's as good as neymar?? Last time i checked, i didnt see Barca, Milan, chelsea, lining up to sign you. For his sake, i hope he signs for a big club or this utterance will come back to hunt him.
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Funpeter: 6:04pm On Jul 27, 2013
honeric01: Some Nigerians and their complex issue.

To be a regular in a national team like Nigeria is not beans. How many defenders at Arsenal were national team regulars in their various countries before they were signed?

How many joined Arsenal via trial?

where is nigeria in world ranking and if oboabona is now nigeria best defenders dont u think will ave to be worried cos is not a world defender right now but he will get dere am sure dats if he sign for a team in europe and now against ivory coast home based score is currently two nil in favour of ivory coast i jst hope we qualify
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Freddieyankee(m): 6:04pm On Jul 27, 2013
ideylaff:

Make he go wia Monkey Racism chants go dey welcome am every game right. LOL

Anywhere wey him go join Sabi all na foreign players.... Even Tunisia and Egypt sef join
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Rossikk(m): 6:06pm On Jul 27, 2013
Look at HOPELESS Arsene Wenger that has won NOTHING in nearly TEN YEARS asking a CHAMPION like Oboabona to come for ''trials''.

If anything Oboabona should be the one inviting Wenger for trials to check if he, Wenger is up to the job of coach.

Personally, Wenger has no business coaching a top class team, given his record of failure, and is only at Arsenal cos someone is probably fcking his nyash there.

Also, Oboabona really should be looking to sign for another club, not this bunch of arrogant underachievers that never win shite.

1 Like

Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by honeric01(m): 6:07pm On Jul 27, 2013
Funpeter: yes ooo sanogo played in the french league and ramsy played in the championship guess u can compare nigeria league with dose league dont lets go dere cos u and i knw dat no player i mean no player from dese generations is sign directly from our league into tope teams in europe shey na lie

So the championship now better than our league? Pls stick to what you know.

Is trial also better than AFCON and Conf cup?
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by honeric01(m): 6:07pm On Jul 27, 2013
Funpeter: where is nigeria in world ranking and if oboabona is now nigeria best defenders dont u think will ave to be worried cos is not a world defender right now but he will get dere am sure dats if he sign for a team in europe and now against ivory coast home based score is currently two nil in favour of ivory coast i jst hope we qualify

Nigeria is 32, so?

Where did i say he's our best?

Djorou and co Arsene used, did he send them on trial?

Yes, we're 2 0 down, so what? SPAIN was 0:3 down against Brazil, so does one game make you bad?

Can't recycle this argument, the guy has stated his mind, its his business and not yours, he has a clearer pix of his future, so he knows what he wants, not everyone is desperate to move in any circumstance.
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Funpeter: 6:08pm On Jul 27, 2013
Komedy: D young man does not want to go for trials and some of yu here are killing urselves,there's something called selfworth and it is not cowardice.he is a proven international,an afcon gold medalist,checked d exploits of dreaded strikers like drogba,suarez,cavani and others and as such derseves some respect!.offer him a year contract if ur not convinced of his abilities but a trial session for a full nigerian international?wenger wud neva do that to a french international!.
my syand is if is dat good why didnt other teams bid for him? Well maybe he as a bad agent shall, i jst pray he didnt end up in poland or grecce or evn sweden
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by sambos994(m): 6:08pm On Jul 27, 2013
Chukskalidon:
9 years trophyless club but still a top team in Europe. Oboabanna just play mediocre teams like Burkina Faso and expects to come to a top team like Arsenal without trial. How many Nigerian players do well in Europes and how many plays for top teams......he's just afraid cos he knows he's below standard.

What about Ivory Coast? Do you have a brain?

1 Like

Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Funpeter: 6:12pm On Jul 27, 2013
honeric01:

So the championship now better than our league? Pls stick to what you know.

Is trial also better than AFCON and Conf cup?
far better dan our league with fact my brother not league where players and fans beat up refree not league where an away team hardly win not league where players are hardly pay nd go un strike i can continue like dat nd playing in afcon doesnt make u a great player even Bance of burkina faso played dere nd also playing in confedration doesnt make u a better player my brother shey u here
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Jobig(m): 6:12pm On Jul 27, 2013
who ever call him a fool is refering to his self.how on earth should Arsenal call him for trail.they are not serious.broda bigger clubs will soon need your service.
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Funpeter: 6:21pm On Jul 27, 2013
Jobig: who ever call him a fool is refering to his self.how on earth should Arsenal call him for trail.they are not serious.broda bigger clubs will soon need your service.
like acmilan, mancity,manutd or who? He has to move first aving trial @ arsenal will exposed him even if arsenal didnt sign him remember no knowledge is lost guy move first evn if na bolton jst go too europe and proof ur self no need for arsenal trials cos when u are good arsenal will begged to sign u latter jst like drogba.
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by honeric01(m): 6:21pm On Jul 27, 2013
Funpeter: far better dan our league with fact my brother not league where players and fans beat up refree not league where an away team hardly win not league where players are hardly pay nd go un strike i can continue like dat nd playing in afcon doesnt make u a great player even Bance of burkina faso played dere nd also playing in confedration doesnt make u a better player my brother shey u here

Can't argue bindly bro, the man's not interested in the offer, so let him be, he knows his worth!
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Dagbolu: 6:23pm On Jul 27, 2013
Oboabona is right to turn down this trial. If Arsenal wants him they should make his club an offer. What trial did Joel Campbell attend when Arsenal bought him. He was playing in a far smaller league in the Caribbean. Clubs in Europe do not take Arsenal serious anymore, just look at the way Arsenal have failed to land any of their transfer targets anyway. Oboabona's time will surely come, I salute your pride to say no.

1 Like

Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by IZUKWU(m): 6:29pm On Jul 27, 2013
Pride goeth before a fall. When you think that you have stood look well lest you fall.
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Funpeter: 6:29pm On Jul 27, 2013
honeric01:

Can't argue bindly bro, the man's not interested in the offer, so let him be, he knows his worth!
dese not arguement bro let his agent brooker a good deal for him dats all abi na only arsenal dey d world ni he shud b happy cos arsenal make a move and remember any player, i mean any player wenger talked about or scouted will be scouted by other teams so why is oboabona own diffrent evn mba gan na rangers him fit sign for after na china striaght my brother we ave a lot work too do in naija
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Funpeter: 6:32pm On Jul 27, 2013
Dagbolu: Oboabona is right to turn down this trial. If Arsenal wants him they should make his club an offer. What trial did Joel Campbell attend when Arsenal bought him. He was playing in a far smaller league in the Caribbean. Clubs in Europe do not take Arsenal serious anymore, just look at the way Arsenal have failed to land any of their transfer targets anyway. Oboabona's time will surely come, I salute your pride to say no.
u mean any of their target was that suppose to mean is oboabona one dem maybe if he comes for trial arsenal will sign him instead of ashly williams and na packaging my brother who dey packge d product oboabona self
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Orokita(m): 6:40pm On Jul 27, 2013
Kgdavid:

be a little civil, i'm not one of those posters who comes on here to trade insults and for sure on a good day you an di won't be found hanging in the same spot but since you seem like you have some decent points i will answer you. of course ogboagbona is not absolutely unknown, he is relatively unknown. the first thing you must realize is that European clubs do not take the African nations cup seriously. then consider the following:

1. did Ogboagbonna take on all those players by himself? and in fact it was Omeruo who really impressed against Drogba and Cavani stop exposing your lack of insight here. anyone who knows anything about football knows that in the Nigeria national team, Omeruo is usually the one marking the bigger more physical players.
2. didnt we still concede 6 goals in three games at the confederations cup? any defender would be thoroughly ashamed of that record especially when we were the only team tahiti could score against.
3. Ogboabona took on xavi and iniesta? how did a defender take on xavi and iniesta? he practically never even came into contact with either of those two especially xavi...be reasonable in the things you say. rather a fellow defender like himself, jordi alba, made a mockery out of him and his fellows. hope you realize that fernando torres's goal was directly ogboabona's fault? give me the stats on how many clean sheets we kept during the nations cup.... or you don't know that all these count in the assessment of a player?
4. if you know football at all, you would know that if this story was true in the first place the reason he is being invited for trials is because they need to know his ability to play at premier league level, with better players around him. if you think the standard of defending of the nigerian national team is up to scratch then you really have no clue at all of what football is all about. you think making the step up from NPL to EPL is easy??
5. the fact is the guy is still a local player who would earn a minimum of 20 times wat he is currently earning if he should manage to make it to arsenal. did i say 20? make that 50. so if you think he can afford to sit down somewhere and demand to be bought outright ... grin thats all i gotta say to you.

btw like i said earlier this story is not true so don't give yourself unnecesarry hypertension ok dear? smiley
Gbam!!!! One alomo for my head!!! I like the way u broke it down for this clowns! That dude is truly "relatively unknown" and should jump to the opportunity of playing in the Epl for any team let alone Arsenalfc. Like you said this story is probably not true! tongue
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by grandstar(m): 6:40pm On Jul 27, 2013
My cousin always says silence is golden. Wisdom you know is proven righteous by its results. I just hope is decision is the best. Wisdom again is proven righteous by its result.
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 27, 2013
Adufaye: Dey wan check u fr trials weda,u really lie 4 ya age!

Arsenal cal u 4 trial u dy do shakara,u neva knw weitin dy hapun,u no wan dy chop money week in week out abi? Pounds ooh!!

If u really good,u wuld hv gone fr d trial
u dnt ve integrity
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by ibietela2(m): 6:53pm On Jul 27, 2013
zerocool:

Learn his lesson for not signing Obaobona? ROTFLMAO.. Arsenal even rates Djourou (one of their worst defenders) over Obaobona. He thinks English Premiership is Nations Cup, Confederation Cup or Sunshine Stars. Hisssss.

Hahahahaha Djourou is too much na, you forgot Miguel
Re: Obaobona Slams Wenger Over Invitation For Trial by Kenistry(m): 6:53pm On Jul 27, 2013
zerocool: Even Cristiano Ronaldo went for Trials at Arsenal back then and Zlatan Ibrahimovic

He should better carry his bags and go for trials. Nobody knows him just yet.. Even Mikel will be eager to play for Arsenal if offered a deal. You are offered trial..a stepping stone to a deal, you dey do yanga. Arsenal does not waste time trying to convince a player to join them. You turn them down, they try a little harder and if it seems you are not too passionate about them, they move on to the next player available and they are still among the topmost club in the EPL.

Mikel who was popular in Nigeria youth world cup with Messi..and plays in Norway, went for trial at Man Utd and Chelsea.

And also many many other great players you know now today. Who is Obawetin? Sunshine Stars my foot!
wen did mikel went for trial at man utd and chelsea?
Pls stop giving any false info here. D guy was right with his decision period.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Mikel To Become Highest Paid Player At Marseille? / Willian 'Likes' Chelsea's Instagram Post Celebrating Their Win Over Arsenal / Cristiano Ronaldo React To Five Matches Ban Given To Him, Say It Is "Ridiculous"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.