Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,804 members, 7,817,334 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

Ladipo Traders On Rampage - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ladipo Traders On Rampage (10815 Views)

Tears As Ladipo Traders Fault Midnight Demolition / Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. / Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 27, 2013
kettykin: if by Omission or commission igbos are ejected from Lagos , Yorubas would be pushed out of The eastern part of Niger Delta port Harcourt ,Bonny ,Eket and every Oil company drilling its oil from Niger Delta must relocate its headquaters to Niger Delta
Are Eket, Port-Harcourt and Bonny Igbo lands? You want to claim these places the way you do for Lagos?
Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by 1soul(m): 4:35pm On Jul 27, 2013
Who are the Niger-deltans? The ones you want their own ejected from Aso-rock because the north needs power back to them! Sometimes the rubbish I read on NL makes me wonder if most of you are from outer space. Do you even know what constitutes the niger-delta? At every slightest provocation you start bragging of how you would eject-out thesame people you all fought to keep and share same nationality with by force, pathetic! I only blame the "gullible" Igbos for investing heavily outside their region. I guess is time to transfer that wealth back to the east, and I know once the Akwa Ibom sea port is ready activities would be transfered gradually and systematicaly. I can't even count number of my friends that recently acquired plots and shops in Uyo and Eket. cool

The good part of all these imbroglio is.......Ndigbo will start thinking home!

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by Willy4Willy: 4:37pm On Jul 27, 2013
Ola Johnson:
Are Eket, Port-Harcourt and Bonny Igbo lands? You want to claim these places the way you do for Lagos?
Igbos never said it is their land, but i promise one thing to them for free, from Cross River to Akwa ibom and part of River state i will personally make sure no single Yoruba remain

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 27, 2013
Willy4Willy:
Igbos never said it is their land, but i promise one thing to them for free, from Cross River to Akwa ibom and part of River state i will personally make sure no single Yoruba remain
Who you be? I live in PH, and I know no Rivers man, not even Ikwerre will support Igbo.
Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 27, 2013
Willy4Willy:
Monkey, your people Fraudulent lifestyle have made them a lazy confused wicked race that don't know how to make a good with out Egunje.

Why are you so riled up already? Well I guess it is true; the first person to get angry in an argument is the first to run out of ideas.
I need Dr. Osuji to explain this phenomenon to me, the reason why Willy Willy love Odualand more than his own.
Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by OBAGADAFFI: 4:43pm On Jul 27, 2013
Willy4Willy:

Just keep quite.
Even if Nigeria break-up, Igbos will still rush to Yoruba country in millions.
Just check out victims of attacks in Ghana,SA and Kenya you will notice they're Igbos.

You people just love trouble.
Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by Willy4Willy: 4:56pm On Jul 27, 2013
OBAGADAFFI:
Just keep quite.
Even if Nigeria break-up, Igbos will still rush to Yoruba country in millions.
Just check out victims of attacks in Ghana,SA and Kenya you will notice they're Igbos.

You people just love trouble.
Yorubas are more troublesome, have you forgotten recently how a Yoruba man beheaded an innocent British Soldier at Woolwich in far away England in a cruel manner, the wickedness of the Yorubas are in their DNA,

5 Likes

Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by T9ksy(m): 5:01pm On Jul 27, 2013
aasog1: In deference to the cry's of the inhabitants it remains open, an eyesore and an environmental disgrace. No one envisaged the rapid growth of the place so no organisation and no thought for liquid waste disposal, I hate to test the ground water in that area. Other tribes have been systematically pushed out of the business, not because of the inhabitants prowess but a combination of unfair competition, Mafioso tactics, language and tribal discrimination. There is a thin line between tolerance and stupidity! Thin line between Victim and Aggressor! One Nigeria!! but not in Ladipo Ndigo Auto Parts Market. What is called imposition 'Baba Oloja' is a cultural adage. A last shred of dignity for the indigenes and other Nigerian tribes before all are pushed out. Would it be so bad to cooperate with him Is this noise and unwarranted aggressive takeover necessary?

Gbosa!!! Thanks for the bolded part of your post, above.

I have first hand experience of similar tactics utilised by the ibos doing business in ikeja bus-stop market on agege motor road in the late 90's. My father's house directly overlook the the bus-stop. Now if you go to that market, it's purely dominated by igbos and one will be hard push to find one yoruba trader in the market.In fact, my brother was one the last to vacate the place after continuous harassment by the igbos, there. One day we came to his shop only to find the door have been smeared with human faeces. That was the last straw! Meanwhile, in the 80's, the market was purely a yoruba owned market.

Only ibos will go to another man's land and chased him off his land under the cloak of One nigeria. When the indigenes now try to reclaim what was originally theirs, the ibos will turn round to shout "victimisation, jealousy ati bebelo".

4 Likes

Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by OBAGADAFFI: 5:04pm On Jul 27, 2013
Willy4Willy:
Yorubas are more troublesome, have you forgotten recently how a Yoruba man beheaded an innocent British Soldier at Woolwich in far away England in a cruel manner, the wickedness of the Yorubas are in their DNA,
LOL,
You want to compare one incidence to numerous Igbos crisis all over Africa.

Check all the treads on Nigerians crisis in Ghana,SA and Kenya, Igbos are always at the center.

I will voluntarily serve as the New immigration MINISTER of the new Odua nation. grin
Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by Katsumoto: 5:05pm On Jul 27, 2013
The title in itself gives an important clue about who is selected. If Babaloja was at least a title in Alaigbo, even if it wasn't universal, then one might understand their position. Some folks just love to look for trouble. The Igbo chaps should just select someone who will liaise with the Babaloja regularly.
Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by Willy4Willy: 5:10pm On Jul 27, 2013
OBAGADAFFI:
LOL,
You want to compare one incidence to numerous Igbos crisis all over Africa.

Check all the treads on Nigerians crisis in Ghana,SA and Kenya, Igbos are always at the center.

I will voluntarily serve as the New immigration MINISTER of the new Odua nation. grin

See the reason why the wickedness of Yorubas are unmeasured, killing of an innocent soldier is nothing to you,

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by Ngwakwe: 5:11pm On Jul 27, 2013
Get lost if you have nothing to say. Ladipo is not a village market and will never accept a Yoruba Authority in that market.

Our people withstood the Europeans who had guns in 1923 and will resist with their blood the Clannish imposition of a greedy fellow to oversee our sweat. This is 2013.

Thank God the discussions are in public domain and the NASS and the Presidency are watching.

Is this the purpose of South West homogenity?

ndu_chucks: I urge posters to find out what obtained in markets across Lagos and understand the traditional process of choosing the Babaloja of any market.

The process has never been democratic and the royal fathers who controlled the areas where the markets are located have the sole responsibilities of nominating the Babaloja. I urge the Igbos in Ladipo to honor and respect the tradition of Lagosians instead of making unnecessary waves and trying to change the tradition in Ladipo.

Our people talk say "O bialu be onye abiagbuna ya, mgbe o ga-ala mkpumkpu apukwana ya n'azu." na him be say, "May one's visitor not constitute a problem, so that on his departure he will not leave with a hunchback".

Nuff said

3 Likes

Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by FSU: 5:13pm On Jul 27, 2013
This is a simple matter. They should let baba ole be an appointed cultural leader while they conduct election to elect a defacto leader (babaole should be free to contest in this election). Whoever wins in the election emerges like a prime minister whose role is to run the market on daily basis.

I agree that a Yoruba (baba ole) should be the president, just ceremonially and be given some monthly tokens by the 99% Igbo traders to help him feed his lazy arse and that of his entire community. Another evidence of poverty in SW

3 Likes

Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by Willy4Willy: 5:17pm On Jul 27, 2013
Shame on You Yoruba Oles(Thieves) Here

DUDU_OleNegro
Ola OleJohnson
OBAoleGADAFFI
AigboOlefa

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by Ngwakwe: 5:18pm On Jul 27, 2013
The reverse should be the norm. Your Babaloja already controls small segment of the market and the Igbos were not complaining.

Katsumoto: The Igbo chaps should just select someone who will liaise with the Babaloja regularly.
Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by FSU: 5:19pm On Jul 27, 2013
If Igbos leave the West without their assets, no Yoruba is safe in the East, even in non-Igbo areas. They will be fished out wherever they are across the entire non-Yoruba territory of southern Nigeria and decimated secretly. They should be honorable enough to move to their own territory should they force others out of their territory.

2 Likes

Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jul 27, 2013
Willy4Willy:
See the reason why the wickedness of Yorubas are unmeasured, killing of an innocent soldier is nothing to you,
"Jews" have brought more shame to Nigeria than any group. They've disgraced us to the extent that countries like Kenya and SA now look down on us.
Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by Ngwakwe: 5:26pm On Jul 27, 2013
The same can be said of Lagos. Is Lagos a Yoruba land?

Ola Johnson:

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jul 27, 2013
FSU: This is a simple matter. They should let baba ole be an appointed cultural leader while they conduct election to elect a defacto leader (babaole should be free to contest in this election). Whoever wins in the election emerges like a prime minister whose role is to run the market on daily basis.

I agree that a Yoruba (baba ole) should be the president, just ceremonially and be given some monthly tokens by the 99% Igbo traders to help him feed his lazy arse and that of his entire community. Another evidence of poverty in SW
Flat Skulled Unintelligent (FSU), it is not Baba ole but Babaoloja.

4 Likes

Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by Katsumoto: 5:28pm On Jul 27, 2013
Ngwakwe: Get lost if you have nothing to say. Ladipo is not a village market and will never accept a Yoruba Authority in that market.

Our people withstood the Europeans who had guns in 1923 and will resist with their blood the Clannish imposition of a greedy fellow to oversee our sweat. This is 2013.

Thank God the discussions are in public domain and the NASS and the Presidency are watching.

Is this the purpose of South West homogenity?

What is the name of any Igbo market leader in the North? There are a few markets in Kano, please assist by supplying the names of any Igbo who is a market leader there.

Sometimes you guys take Yoruba tolerance for granted.

Just be happy that you have a place to conduct your business without fear of losing your head. The thing is that it wouldn't take a lot to invite troublemakers whose presence might lead to the closure of the market. If that happens, who loses? It pays to see the big picture some times.
Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by Katsumoto: 5:28pm On Jul 27, 2013
Ngwakwe: The same can be said of Lagos. Is Lagos a Yoruba land?

No it is an extension of Alaigbo.

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 27, 2013
Ngwakwe: The same can be said of Lagos. Is Lagos a Yoruba land?

The action Governor Tunde Fashola is your answer.
Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by FSU: 5:31pm On Jul 27, 2013
Ola Johnson:
Flat Skulled Unintelligent (FSU), it is not Baba ole but Babaoloja.

Baba ole means father of thieves. That is what the man and those who appointed him are. When you reap where you did not sow, you are a baba ole.

I still agree he should be made the ceremonial president. grin grin grin grin
Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by nduchucks: 5:34pm On Jul 27, 2013
Ngwakwe:

Are you equating Babaloja's environmental sanitation and cleaning up of Ladipo market in the area occupied by Igbo traders to Colonization which you are ready to die for? Nwanne, you are delusional.

3 Likes

Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by FSU: 5:35pm On Jul 27, 2013
Lagos is indeed a global city. Other global cities where people are appointed on a cultural, tribal basis to lead business people include New York, Toronto, London, Brussels, Berlin and Tokyo.
Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 27, 2013
Katsumoto:

No it is an extension of Alaigbo.

Careful now you know sarcasm is beyond these muppets
Re: Ladipo Traders On Rampage by Willy4Willy: 5:37pm On Jul 27, 2013
Ola Johnson:
"Jews" have brought more shame to Nigeria than any group. They've disgraced us to the extent that countries like Kenya and SA now look down on us.
Go and check your history, Yoruba are Fraud and Fraud are Yoruba, they are inseparable, i heard that you people established Oduduwa Group of companies PLC in Britain that specialized on Credit Card Fraud and identity theft.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

593 Delegates Endorsed Olawepo Hashim As ANN Presidential Candidate / Finally "An Igbo Man" Imposes Governor On Oyo People / Samuel Ortom Celebrates His 59th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.