Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation (11157 Views)

Kogi Gov Poll: PDP Raises Alarm Over Alleged Police Harassment Of Members / Yoruba Youths Protest Incessant Fulani Invasion And Intimidation / Nigerian Electoral Politics: The Politics Of Violence And Intimidation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by onila(f): 8:07pm On Jul 27, 2013
kenyan girls love Naija men

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by onila(f): 8:08pm On Jul 27, 2013
9icest: Biafarans in Kenya grin grin grin grin grin grin

When they shine, they call themselves Biafran. When they need help, they say Nigerians...

grin grin grin grin
grin grin
Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by AKobo4urthought: 8:30pm On Jul 27, 2013
Banku&Tilapia:

Better than a bleaching nigerian woman cheesy grin
Not really.... undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by Beey(f): 9:04pm On Jul 27, 2013
overkill®:
Kenya?? Of all the countries in the world? Why would any sane Nigerian migrate there?
Because the Kenya shilling is almost if not already double the value of the Naira.
Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by philusaau(f): 9:04pm On Jul 27, 2013
OKADA I BEG STOP ME HERE MAKE I JOIN D PROTEST

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by roselynbas(f): 9:19pm On Jul 27, 2013
tareigns: Nigerians sef like to de fall their hand, KENYA...KENYA 4 dat mata na dem de use us de shine. angryNigerians sef like to de fall their hand, KENYA...KENYA 4 dat mata na dem de use us de shine.

Jomo Kenyetta! You see your people!
Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by Beey(f): 9:20pm On Jul 27, 2013
comrChris: mumu l knw u hate progress like kenyans grin grin grin
Is the drug trafficking defined as progress in Nigeria because as far as we Kenyans are concerned,our welcoming nature is getting us in trouble.We took in Somali refugees & what did we get in return? The crazy terrorist group called Al-shabaab.Nigerians came in & how did they thank us?By trafficking drugs & conning people from their pastors who promise miracles for singles to have spouses, led by one Chris Ojigbani & others claiming to make money & robbing unsuspecting citizens.Anyway I blame Kenyans for being too welcoming & too lenient with setting up some boundaries.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by Dibiachukwu: 9:26pm On Jul 27, 2013
9icest:

Stop joh! Which Nigerians are been chased. Only Ibos are been chased around like the fleas they are. They infest and spoil everywhere they go. I sincerely pray they push the Yorubas to the walls completely....Im certain even the most peace-loving creature, when pressed turns deadly...Lets see how long the mumu Yorubas will keep tolerating their non-sense.
OK Igbos are being chased. Are you happy now mr tunde undecided
Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by Dibiachukwu: 9:27pm On Jul 27, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Always playing the victims of pseudo African conspiracy against them. Smh we take their women lmao ,more like we push drugs etc. Nemesis will catch yall keep hiding criminals in your communities
It looks like we would have to conquer these ones too wink
Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by donodion(m): 9:35pm On Jul 27, 2013
Beey: Is the drug trafficking defined as progress in Nigeria because as far as we Kenyans are concerned,our welcoming nature is getting us in trouble.We took in Sudanese refugees & what did we get in return? The crazy terrorist group called Al-shabaab.Nigerians came in & how did they thank us?By trafficking drugs & conning people from their pastors who promise miracles for singles to have spouses, led by one Chris Ojigbani & others claiming to make money & robbing unsuspecting citizens.Anyway I blame Kenyans for being too welcoming & too lenient with setting up some boundaries.
At bolded,are you serious? Cos from what the ops posted,the plain clothe policemen assaulted the gentlemen doesn't sound like welcoming to me.Or perhaps that's how people are now welcome in your country? Just asking. undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by Beey(f): 9:35pm On Jul 27, 2013
emmanuel4758: kenya people is an hediot wy dem no get swag nah and dey wan compete wit 9ja shame unto thee dat dos nt know his fada cuz we ar fada to them...wel stil dancin azo+etinto
Father to Kenya my foot! Take care of your Boko haram wahala,that way , you might earn some credit to deserve that title.As usual Naija people have attitude issues. Just because back in the day Nigeria used to be the "giant of Africa ",they forget that that was then & they are in denial to the fact that the glory is gone & still wonna behave as if they control the rest of Africa.Na lie! Wake up and smell the coffee!!!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by Beey(f): 9:44pm On Jul 27, 2013
donodion:
At bolded,are you serious? Cos from what the ops posted,the plain clothe policemen assaulted the gentlemen doesn't sound like welcoming to me.Or perhaps that's how people are now welcome in your country? Just asking. undecided
Problem is that one rotten potato in the sack if not taken care of fast,spreads contamination to the rest of them in the sack.
Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 27, 2013
Here is an interesting take on the current clampdown. It is written by a Kenyan and definitely provides food for thought.

Why Nigerians’ hopes and wrong choices are intertwined with ours

Updated Saturday, July 27th 2013 at 20:41 GMT +3
By Donald B Kipkorir

Except where a defined indigenous group speaks same language, all other boundaries are artificial and need to come down. I support open-door policy on immigration giving unqualified and unrestricted entry to foreigners unless they are convicted criminals or engage in criminal activities. Our Government, therefore, did salutary work in deporting one Anthony Chinedu and cohorts. But it seems over-zealous civil servants and police want to deport all Nigerians from Kenya. We must tread carefully lest we trip, if not fall. We could think we are pulling the trigger on Nigerians, but the barrel could be pointing back at us.

Nigeria though only nearly twice the size of Kenya, has more than four times our population. Our exports valued at paltry $6B are dwarfed by Nigeria’s $92B. Basically, if Nigeria were compared to a shopping mall, our economy is a roadside kiosk. Nigeria’s immense oil wealth and highly literate population is undermined by its deeply flawed political system, entrenched tribalism and cancerous corruption. CIA warns that Nigeria will implode by 2015 or thereabouts. Before then, we need Nigeria more than they need us. US, the world’s largest economy by a big margin, has 75 per cent of its GDP contributed to by domestic consumers. When the world economy tanked at the turn of this Century, Americans spent their way out of it through a $787B economic stimulus plan.

Kenya’s middle class which swings between being rich and poor is less than 16 per cent of our population. Such a fickle group is not big enough to stimulate and sustain our economy. Prof Sadullah Çelik of Marmara University, Turkey, in his paper “The Importance Of Consumption Index As A Leading Economic Indicator In The Emerging Market: The Case Of Turkey”, and Masahiko Nakazawa, Director, Econometric Analysis, Japan’s Ministry of Finance, in his paper “Domestic-Demand-Led Economic Growth: Japan’s Lessons Learned”, have argued in near similar lines that Turkey now and Japan in its heyday economic boom, were spurred by strong domestic consumerism. In the absence of a strong and permanent middle class, Kenya needs Nigerians who are known for being big spenders. When Nigerians visit our upscale bars and restaurants, they buy literally all the moët & chandon in stock. If we allow a million Nigerians to settle in Kenya, and give them confidence to invest, they will surely cause our housing and retail market to grow. The Chinese we have allowed, stay in dormitories, and don’t buy anything local. Infact, the only legacy of the Chinese will be brown children with small eyes born by Wambui on Thika Road! One million Nigerians will never overwhelm us. After all, America is built on the backs of immigrants.

As for the few Nigerians who are criminals and have dragged Nigeria’s name through the sewer, we have the law to deal with them.

Organised crime, whether at village, national or transnational level, is a scourge that must be fought with all resources available. Organised crime is a structured group of outlaws who basically engage in but not exclusively in money-laundering, drug trafficking, prostitution rackets, gambling, counterfeits, gun-running and cyber-crime. Being outlaws, they resolve their disputes by extra-judicial processes like murder and abductions. Luckily, we have enacted, The Prevention of Organised Crimes Act, 2010, and The Proceeds Of Crime & Anti-Money Laundering Act, 2009, to give our Government sufficient legal tools to deal with organised crime. And Nigeria is in Africa. Inspite of its weakness as aforesaid, Nigeria is still our big brother. Jubilee led by Uhuru Kenyatta and William Ruto ran its campaign and won on a Pan-Africanist platform. Repeatedly, I have argued that we cannot afford to dump the West for China. China is like a well-fed child wearing shiny shoes with no trousers. Its poor are still more than the entire population of Africa. With its growth rate now going below 8 per cent, China will run out of steam soon. Whichever choices we make, we cannot severe Africa where we belong. With all its beauty spots and ugly warts, Africa is our continent. Nigeria is emblematic of our hopes, dreams and wrong choices. We can deport other Chinedus, but we cannot deport Nigeria. The two are mutually exclusive.

— The writer is an advocate of the High Court of Kenya.

Source: http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000089492&story_title=Kenya-why-nigerians-hopes-and-wrong-choices-are-intertwined-with-ours

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by donodion(m): 9:51pm On Jul 27, 2013
eGuerrilla: Here is an interesting take on the current clampdown. It is written by a Kenyan and definitely provides food for thought

Source: http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000089492&story_title=Kenya-why-nigerians-hopes-and-wrong-choices-are-intertwined-with-ours

Interesting.Hold my peace.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by pippen213(m): 10:39pm On Jul 27, 2013
Is Kenya a country to live? Those people are very envious of Nigerians. What re they still doing there? We have heard of so many brutalities to Nigerians by kenyans. Wetin even they there wey dis nigerian no wan leave? Hmmm it well o

arthur2k5: [img]http://1.bp..com/-uI6EL4dVz9c/UfOvw_twxWI/AAAAAAAB4Q4/3rUE0DxgMHE/s320/IMG_00000222.jpg[/img][img]http://4.bp..com/-XXmfNle1Em0/UfOv24uj1EI/AAAAAAAB4RI/SPEFyBgCae4/s320/IMG_00000220.jpg[/img][img]http://2.bp..com/-qCfCmdbn4k0/UfOv1sqAmBI/AAAAAAAB4RA/Vc_Gy8BTb-o/s320/IMG_00000225.jpg[/img]

Below is a letter written by Nigerians living in Kenya highlighting the harassment they face in the hands of police.

The harassment has taken a xenophobic dimension, Just 2 days ago a Nigerian with Valid passport and entry Visa to Kenya was stopped by plain clothes policemen, when they requested for his passport, he promptly presented it to them. The passport was immediately seized and he was asked to to leave Kenya, as Nigerians only come to Kenya to take their woman, he resisted and insisted that he committed no offense, he was immediately attacked and beaten to a pulp and he was bleeding profusely.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-CYON6-6rsn0/UfOv8eAr0jI/AAAAAAAB4RQ/JL2LdJGJgwc/s400/IMG_00000226.jpg[/img][img]http://2.bp..com/-Y78gvQV9yPE/UfOxvQt8AjI/AAAAAAAB4Rg/pi2XU_KuKGo/s400/IMG_00000223.jpg[/img]

The took him to the station and the OCS was so alarmed that he almost got physical with the policemen and insisted the paid for the guys treatment. He has taken pictures and also copies of his statement and dropped at the embassy.

3 days ago, 27 Nigerians were refused entry without Valid reasons yet we have a protocol of giving Visa's on entry by both countries Embassy officials who visited the Nigerians in jails broke down in
tears when the found out that they were not only innocent but that they were tortured and brutalized .

The Nigerian community has also met with leading politicians in Kenya who insist that our Ambassador has not only failed to do his Job, and that if we remain silent about this harassment that it will only get worse.

This case is only one of the many cases that is going on in Kenya.

We as an organization cannot afford to publish this letter on the pages of the Newspapers in Nigeria, but we are appealing and counting on your good graces to help us make our plight known.

National Association of Nigerians in Kenya

Source: Naijagaga

FB: www.facebook.com/naijagaga
Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by Hardfact: 11:15pm On Jul 27, 2013
Price of being a Nigerian I guess?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by cleobunny(f): 1:04am On Jul 28, 2013
Father to Kenya my foot! Take care of your Boko haram wahala,that way , you might earn some credit to deserve that title.As usual Naija people have attitude issues. Just because back in the day Nigeria used to be the "giant of Africa ",they forget that that was then & they are in denial to the fact that the glory is gone & still wonna behave as if they control the rest of Africa.Na lie! Wake up and smell the coffee!!![/quote]
If naija is not your father, what are you doing in a nigerian forum... Frustrated champs

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by cleobunny(f): 1:10am On Jul 28, 2013
Banku&Tilapia:

Ghanians bleach more than any african country, from the men to ladies. So don't just expose your heritage here

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by Nobody: 2:44am On Jul 28, 2013
9icest is the BIGGEST Phooooool in this thread!! Why blame the Igbos for this?? Are you for real?!!!
Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by Nobody: 2:50am On Jul 28, 2013
Beey: Is the drug trafficking defined as progress in Nigeria because as far as we Kenyans are concerned,our welcoming nature is getting us in trouble.We took in Somali refugees & what did we get in return? The crazy terrorist group called Al-shabaab.Nigerians came in & how did they thank us?By trafficking drugs & conning people from their pastors who promise miracles for singles to have spouses, led by one Chris Ojigbani & others claiming to make money & robbing unsuspecting citizens.Anyway I blame Kenyans for being too welcoming & too lenient with setting up some boundaries.
You see?? Isn't Ojigbani a yoruba name?? Why blame only the Igbos?!! 9icest you are a tribalist and you don't belong in the 21st century!!! *spits*

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by Beey(f): 3:17am On Jul 28, 2013
god_of_music: You see?? Isn't Ojigbani a yoruba name?? Why blame only the Igbos?!! 9icest you are a tribalist and you don't belong in the 21st century!!! *spits*
Are you alright? Where did I mention tribes please quote, just incase I missed it.Am not a Nigerian so how am I supposed to know your names & connect them with your various tribes?Besides I could care less since I look at them all as Nigerians & not as Igbo or Yoruba.So who is here is tribalistic?If you like keep spitting till next year.
Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by Decryptor(m): 5:34am On Jul 28, 2013
Beey: Are you alright? Where did I mention tribes please quote, just incase I missed it.Am not a Nigerian so how am I supposed to know your names & connect them with your various tribes?Besides I could care less since I look at them all as Nigerians & not as Igbo or Yoruba.So who is here is tribalistic?If you like keep spitting till next year.
You are a møгøn! Is your name 9icest? He was refering to another monkey like you here. Albeit, the difference is that the specie of monkey he was talking to is fond of attacking the most sucessful tribe in Nigeria called Ibos while you, another specie of monkey attacks Nigerians generally! Do yourself a favor, get off Nairaland and visit your country's forum to continue the hating. Kenyan Monkey!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by popson1(m): 6:50am On Jul 28, 2013
Pretyangel25: 2nd to comment. Wow Dancing etighi dance

please grow up dude. what's is with this first to comment, second to comment, I make front page mentality??
Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by londoner: 7:18am On Jul 28, 2013
Banku&Tilapia:

Dude, you can say what you like, but there is one thing everyone knows about a Nigerian man, especially Igbo, is that even if they are with an obroni, Ghanian or chinese women.....in the end he will always chose a woman from his village/home. Even if he has to have two on the go.

A Nigerian man in Kenya chooses to marry one because those are the women around him, or just meets one he falls in love with like anyone else does. It is not a direct slight against Naija women.

Even most of the rich Nigerian men, or our musical stars........where are their wives from.......?

I'll give you one guess.....the country starts witn an "N".

It is actually the women from these African coutries, including your dear Ghana who prefer Nigerian men......they say it boldly.
Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by Jomark(m): 7:42am On Jul 28, 2013
Wonders shall never end! So fairly used country like Kenya don dey form yankee 4 us!
Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:04am On Jul 28, 2013
Leboska:
Why?

Come back home are THREE words.
Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by MSEdLAW(m): 10:17am On Jul 28, 2013
Pretyangel25: 2nd to comment. Wow Dancing etighi dance
Eyen efik where do u stay in calabar? Inbox mikebassey@gmail let's chat.. Thanks
Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by MSEdLAW(m): 10:30am On Jul 28, 2013
eGuerrilla: Here is an interesting take on the current clampdown. It is written by a Kenyan and definitely provides food for thought.

Riveting, intriguing and well articulated literary piece.. From a learned colleague of the kenyan Bar.. Do well to inform the myopic incumbent govt of kenya sir!
Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by bluerange(f): 10:33am On Jul 28, 2013
staying here in nairobi & disturbed by no one. ln one of my visit with a kenyan family l was asked if chris ojigbani is authentic because all the SINGLE LADIES working in their factory asked to be given leave to attend his program! na laugh l laugh!
Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by MSEdLAW(m): 10:38am On Jul 28, 2013
Beey: Are you alright? Where did I mention tribes please quote, just incase I missed it.Am not a Nigerian so how am I supposed to know your names & connect them with your various tribes?Besides I could care less since I look at them all as Nigerians & not as Igbo or Yoruba.So who is here is tribalistic?If you like keep spitting till next year.
Your a lousy irritant east African mice.. Get off this forum.. We are only being patient because we half bigger fishes to fry.. Kenya is the least of our worries.. Bloody mau-mau pigs
Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by hiuser(m): 11:17am On Jul 28, 2013
scipher: so because they're taking their women thats the excuse are you ##king kidding me!

'Fools me', 'Koppig was ik, Ooit wist ik!'
Re: Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation by hiuser(m): 11:32am On Jul 28, 2013
Ironi: Any country Nigerians visit or migrate to, they behave as if they own the
Country, that is the problem. No country likes people like that and that is why Nigerians are having wahala everywhere they go.

No sooner than you accept them with open arms do you want to chase them out.

Some attitude change would help.

Mountains : Psalm 142:7/ mark 8:36/37 / eph 6:16

Overcoming the forces of wickedness - David O Oyedepo

Spirit of might (Samson and after years of partnerships), Music is good! Praise God all the time!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Coalition Of Traders, Artisans Endorse Obaseki/Shaibu / #biafran Veterans Storm Aba Streets In Protest These Are War Veterans(pics) / 2019: APC Says Kwara Politics Has Taken A New Direction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.