Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,434 members, 7,823,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Understanding The Role Of Third Party In Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Understanding The Role Of Third Party In Relationship (4952 Views)

Cheating In Relationship, How Did U Catch Them, How Were U Caught? / Can You Take A Role Of A Gay/lesbian With A Real Gay/lez In A Movie For N15m / What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Understanding The Role Of Third Party In Relationship by homerevival(m): 3:56pm On Jul 30, 2013
Marriage is a club of two where three and more becomes a crowd and also not welcome (that is our belief). But the question we all need to ask ourselves is: can a relationship/marriage be free from the influence of third parties?

Talking about the third party in marriage/relationship, we should understand the basic meaning and fundamentals of it, also, we should know who and what that can be categorise as a third party in a relationship/marriage.

Third parties are both human and other materials or resources that influence or can influence the decisions and actions of couples' or would-be-couples' towards their spouses, either positively or negatively.

Third parties can be parents, siblings, relatives, colleagues, neighbors, religious leaders, mentors, role models, celebrities, music, movies, books, social media and even 'Ex'. Third parties are not necassarily our family and friends or humans, they can also be those things we do think of but never considered to have influence or can have influence on our relationship/marriage, such are: money, fame, job, business, position, power, activities in religious circle, car, electronics gadgets, telecommunication gadgets, ambition, social media and so on.

It is a common notion that whenever we hear people talk about third party in a relationship, we always believe it is a friend or family member(s) that is being refered to. Also, we tend to believe that another lady or guy is somewhere having influence on our marrige or relationship.

The fact will always remain , we cannot do away with third parties in a relationship, except we want to keep fooling ourselves or we want to be an island. Third parties will 'always' be present in every phase of our relationship from the day we meet till the end of the union, either consciously or unconsciously.

We live in the part of the world where we cannot do away with our family members irrespective of how many years we've spent in the relationship, we will always go back to them for a reason or two, also, their is no way you will not share a thing or two with a friend, colleague, your religious leaders or your inlaws (his/her siblings and parents), from how good, caring, God fearing, ambitious and responsible he/she is or how wicked, wayward, self centred, dubious, irresponsible and insensitive he/she is.

Third parties will always be available in relationships and not only that, they will contribute to the relationship, either to make it wax stronger or to collapse. It is left for couples' in marriage or would-be-couples' to decide whatever they want, how they want the third parties to contribute, on what topic should third parties contribute and to what extent can a third party get to.

Once we all have the mindset that we cannot do away with the presence of a third party, we will be on the look out and be extra ordinary careful to guide agaist the 'negative' influence of it on our relationships.

The Listening Ears Counseling Group
www.listeningears.net
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Listening-Ears-Counseling-Group

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Role Of Third Party In Relationship by iykemanchi(m): 9:28pm On Jul 31, 2013
Nice, what a relieve.. I tought sharing my relationship problems with ma closet guy
Even wen my bf asked me nt to tell anyone makes me a talkative or something worse.
Even though the guy shares his wif me!! Two secret amibos grin.

(1) (Reply)

When Should A Guy Move On After A Girl Repeatedly Says NO? / You Can Only Pick One Of These, Chose Wisely...(photo) / Some Awfull Things Ladies Do In Bed That Killed My Libido

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.