Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,473 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years (16575 Views)

Lawmakers Who Sponsored The Highest Number Of Bills In The 7th NASS / Senate Passes 46 Bills In 10mins / Photos: Nigerians Protest Over ‘crazy’ PHCN Bills In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by apoti(m): 1:02pm On Jul 31, 2013
I'm off to pick application form for senate. 2015 here I come
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by slap1(m): 1:02pm On Jul 31, 2013
Senator Nkechi Nwogu represents Abia Central and her name isn't there, but I tell you, that woman is just like T. A. Orji, she has done almost nothing for Abia Central.

So, she simply can't be one of the good guys by simply sponsoring one or two weak bills!

1 Like

Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by Umaekpe: 1:03pm On Jul 31, 2013
Hmm am not surprise,these ar bundle of illiterate & lazy human beings who never contribute anything tangible to their various families talk of the d entire country,anyway its a lesson to everybody next time if u wanna vote:try as much as possible to vote competent fellow not a novice,to me money is not everything,be wise
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by bashydemy(m): 1:03pm On Jul 31, 2013
Well sponsoring bills is nothing but to defend the interest of the masses at the upper chamber. Someone sponsor the child marriage bills and i believe most of the senators up there are against the bill which is good. I will rather be in the Senate to go against bad and unwanted bills than to sponsor a bill that wont be implemented. So now Yerima is now in a limelight for sponsoring child marriage bill is that a bill or a shame.
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 31, 2013
AhmedYerima, Chris Ngige, lousy politicians. Empty promises no substance @ all
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by nwadaigbo: 1:05pm On Jul 31, 2013
hahahahahhahahahhah!!!! Where are those psychophants of ngige and APC. Even a singlee bill, he could not sponsor in d senate. Failure. He went and dragged senate seat with a woman who would hav been d best material for the post and robbed her the opportunity. Now, all he does is to continue to look without a single bill sponsored. If he had allowed Dora to go to d senate, she would hav beeing a force to reckon with with much achievements. All ngige does is to contest every election in anambra state whether he suit in or not. Mediocre
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by Dochris(m): 1:05pm On Jul 31, 2013
I have said it severally that people like Ngige shouldnt be found in the senate. Is like puttting square peg in a round hole
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 31, 2013
And this same Ngige wants to govern Anambra State? I dey laff.
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by tywo4real: 1:06pm On Jul 31, 2013
miqos02: Halfway into the tenure of the Senate, 34 senators have not sponsored any bill since coming to office, according to official records released by the Senate.

The Senate's Mid-Term Assessment Report shows that of the total 109 senators, 74 have sponsored at least a bill during the period starting June 2011 while the rest initiated none. Senate President David Mark sponsored no bill but, by convention, he is not expected to table any bill in his capacity as presiding officer of the Senate.

A Daily Trust analysis of the assessment report issued last month reveals that senators who did not sponsor any bill constitute about one-third of the upper chamber.

This is coming amidst public debate on the emoluments of Nigerian federal lawmakers, who a recent report by the Economist ranked top in a global chart of Economist ranked top in a global chart of legislators' salaries.

Revenue Mobilisation, Allocation and Fiscal Commission (RMAFC) records in possession of Daily Trust show that each senator is entitled to N35 million in yearly salaries and allowances.

Based on this alone, the 34 senators would have collectively received more than N1 billion in wages, apart from other hefty allowances received in quarterly instalments.

No bills

Senators who did not sponsor any bill in the two years under review, according to the assessment report, include Jibrilla Mohammed Bindowo (PDP, Adamawa), Chris Ngige (ACN, Anambra), Babayo Garba Gamawa (PDP, Bauchi), George Akume (ACN, Benue), Maina Ma'aji Lawan (ANPP, Borno), Mohammed Ali Ndume (PDP, Borno), Ahmad Zannah (PDP, Borno), Nwanko Christopher (PDP, Delta), Oguji Sunny (PDP, Ebonyi) and Babafemi Ojudu (ACN, Ekiti).

Other senators with no bills are Mohammed Danjuma Goje (PDP, Gombe), Abdulazeez Usman (PDP, Jigawa), Ahmed Makarfi (PDP, Kaduna), Mohammed Sani Saleh (CPC, Kaduna), Kabiru Gaya (ANPP, Kano), Sadiq Yar'Adua (CPC, Katsina), Mohammed Magoro (PDP, Kebbi), Suleiman Adoke (PDP, Nasarawa), Solomon Ewuga (CPC, Nasarawa), Obadara Olugbenga Onoalapa (ACN, Ogun), Kunlere Boluwaji (LP, Ondo), Robert Boroffice (LP, Ondo), Olusola Adeyeye (ACN, Osun) and Hosea Agboola Ayoola (PDP, Oyo).

Also on the list are Magnus Abe (PDP, Rivers), Wilson Asinobi Ake (PDP, Rivers), Mohammed Maccido (PDP, Sokoto), Abubakar Umar Turare (PDP, Taraba), Aisha Jummai Alhassan (PDP, Taraba), Alkali Jajere (ANPP, Yobe), Bukar Abba Ibrahim (ANPP, Yobe), Ahmed Sani Yarima (ANPP, Zamfara), Sahabi Alhaji Ya'u (PDP, Zamfara) and Kabiru Garba Marafa (ANPP, Zamfara).

http://allafrica.com/stories/201307310468.html?aa_source=slideout
dnt u knw dey r illitrates, so wot gud r we expectin 4rm dem
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by 2rutalk1: 1:06pm On Jul 31, 2013
You can see that high number of them are ex-State Governors who have no business being in the Senate other than to loot public funds. Many of them are in the Senate due to the ease with which a Governor can maneuver his way into the Chamber with the power of incumbency.

1 Like

Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 31, 2013
Thats to show you what they are after. LOOTING WHILE SHOUTING JONATHAN
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by 2rutalk1: 1:09pm On Jul 31, 2013
miqos02: Halfway into the tenure of the Senate, 34 senators have not sponsored any bill since coming to office, according to official records released by the Senate.

The Senate's Mid-Term Assessment Report shows that of the total 109 senators, 74 have sponsored at least a bill during the period starting June 2011 while the rest initiated none. Senate President David Mark sponsored no bill but, by convention, he is not expected to table any bill in his capacity as presiding officer of the Senate.

A Daily Trust analysis of the assessment report issued last month reveals that senators who did not sponsor any bill constitute about one-third of the upper chamber.

This is coming amidst public debate on the emoluments of Nigerian federal lawmakers, who a recent report by the Economist ranked top in a global chart of Economist ranked top in a global chart of legislators' salaries.

Revenue Mobilisation, Allocation and Fiscal Commission (RMAFC) records in possession of Daily Trust show that each senator is entitled to N35 million in yearly salaries and allowances.

Based on this alone, the 34 senators would have collectively received more than N1 billion in wages, apart from other hefty allowances received in quarterly instalments.

No bills

Senators who did not sponsor any bill in the two years under review, according to the assessment report, include Jibrilla Mohammed Bindowo (PDP, Adamawa), Chris Ngige (ACN, Anambra), Babayo Garba Gamawa (PDP, Bauchi), George Akume (ACN, Benue), Maina Ma'aji Lawan (ANPP, Borno), Mohammed Ali Ndume (PDP, Borno), Ahmad Zannah (PDP, Borno), Nwanko Christopher (PDP, Delta), Oguji Sunny (PDP, Ebonyi) and Babafemi Ojudu (ACN, Ekiti).

Other senators with no bills are Mohammed Danjuma Goje (PDP, Gombe), Abdulazeez Usman (PDP, Jigawa), Ahmed Makarfi (PDP, Kaduna), Mohammed Sani Saleh (CPC, Kaduna), Kabiru Gaya (ANPP, Kano), Sadiq Yar'Adua (CPC, Katsina), Mohammed Magoro (PDP, Kebbi), Suleiman Adoke (PDP, Nasarawa), Solomon Ewuga (CPC, Nasarawa), Obadara Olugbenga Onoalapa (ACN, Ogun), Kunlere Boluwaji (LP, Ondo), Robert Boroffice (LP, Ondo), Olusola Adeyeye (ACN, Osun) and Hosea Agboola Ayoola (PDP, Oyo).

Also on the list are Magnus Abe (PDP, Rivers), Wilson Asinobi Ake (PDP, Rivers), Mohammed Maccido (PDP, Sokoto), Abubakar Umar Turare (PDP, Taraba), Aisha Jummai Alhassan (PDP, Taraba), Alkali Jajere (ANPP, Yobe), Bukar Abba Ibrahim (ANPP, Yobe), Ahmed Sani Yarima (ANPP, Zamfara), Sahabi Alhaji Ya'u (PDP, Zamfara) and Kabiru Garba Marafa (ANPP, Zamfara).

http://allafrica.com/stories/201307310468.html?aa_source=slideout
I thought Sani Yerima sponsored the controversial child marriage bill shocked
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by i1: 1:09pm On Jul 31, 2013
mmn... zamfara no single bill, habatically, anyway we seriously need a yardstick for these thieves.
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jul 31, 2013
BrightCar: THEY SHOULD BE SERVED REDUNDANCY LETTER. THEY ARE JUST SPECTATORS, EVEN CHELSEA FANS BETTER PASS THEM.
ur grandpa left malnourished skeletal yash der

1 Like

Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 31, 2013
The people should a little bit more be empowered in democracy. There should be an avenue for the electorates who voted these people into offices to also vote them out even before the expiration of their tenures. I don't mean impeachment by law makers here. It'll help to reduce corruption and engender efficiency among politicians.
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by aprokomania(m): 1:12pm On Jul 31, 2013
Why can't we just 'de-senate' them Better still pay them less.

we can. let us spearhead recall, starting with yerima
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jul 31, 2013
slap1: What they give back to the people who voted them should speak for them, not sponsoring bills that are mostly irrelevant and selfish.

Someone sponsored the gay bill, right? The bill for the creation of the Office of the First Lady was also sponsored by someone. So, sponsoring bills is not really a good barometer for measuring senatorial achievement.
even d aboki dat sponsored 2 b 4kin foetus.
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jul 31, 2013
How are we sure they even know what a bill is

Some of them might see this in the papers and shout:

***LIES! LIES!! LIEEEEEESSSSSS!!!
Who says I don't pay my electricity bills?*** grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by Demoladoc: 1:15pm On Jul 31, 2013
The funny thing is that most of them will be RE-ELECTED next election.

Why do people keep voting for them??
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by sharubutu(m): 1:20pm On Jul 31, 2013
How come senator Yerima's name is on the list? Thought he's the brain behind the child marriage bill?
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by Giddyprance(m): 1:23pm On Jul 31, 2013
Chie dis pple don go open Ngige yansh oooooo
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by ofiladee(m): 1:25pm On Jul 31, 2013
Commenting on this post is both annoying and sad, but it must be said... And they still pay these guys?
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by slimfit1(m): 1:26pm On Jul 31, 2013
If I earn that kind of money I would not even bother knowing that you lot cannot do anything to me.
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by owabor(f): 1:27pm On Jul 31, 2013
Sen Chris dat says he is from Delta u fall my hand. U no fit ask ur brothers how dem dey do am?
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 31, 2013
sharubutu: How come senator Yerima's name is on the list? Thought he's the brain behind the child marriage bill?

He is not!

Child marriage has been part of our constitution for a long time.

This is one anomaly that needs to be corrected!
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by slap1(m): 1:30pm On Jul 31, 2013
Demoladoc: The funny thing is that most of them will be RE-ELECTED next election.

Why do people keep voting for them??
Some of them rig their way back, others give back to their constituencies, like EMEKA IHEDIOHA (IMO STATE GOVERNOR, 2015), while others go there to bark and show-off, without making meaningful impact back home. Patrick Obaghiagbon was popular and 'active' in there, littering the chamber with Latinized, jaw-breaking, head-shaking, retina-weakening English. During elections, his people voted him out. Grammar doesn't fix roads or give scholarships.
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by maskid(m): 1:31pm On Jul 31, 2013
in fact ALL Northern Senators (especially borno) are Lazy, and Da*T
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by maskid(m): 1:32pm On Jul 31, 2013
NA ONLY NGIGE is from south east there.... SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by maskid(m): 1:33pm On Jul 31, 2013
wat do our yoruba brothers hav to say about this with most of their senators named here.? na so dem wan use capture power by 2015 ?? WIT NO BRAINS!!!!!?
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 31, 2013
maskid: in fact ALL Northern Senators (especially borno) are Lazy, and Da*T

Southern senators are the lazy lots!!! If they are not lazy, child marriage would have been a thing of the past.
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by Abali1(m): 1:34pm On Jul 31, 2013
we used to have one house of Rep. member from Abia State during OBJ's tenure whose only contribution in about 3years or more of his stay in the House was "I Concur". Those who follow Abia State politics knows who I am talking about.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osinbajo Meets South-East Leaders In Abuja (Photos) / Chairmanship: PDP Northern Leaders Ask Delegates To Vote For S/west Aspirants / Cracks In PDP Over Quest For Northwest Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.