Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years (16577 Views)

Lawmakers Who Sponsored The Highest Number Of Bills In The 7th NASS / Senate Passes 46 Bills In 10mins / Photos: Nigerians Protest Over ‘crazy’ PHCN Bills In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by SwitnessA(m): 2:43pm On Jul 31, 2013
GeneralShepherd: The ones that sponsored bills, of what relevance has any of the bills been to the common Nigerian...

E.g My honourable Senator Yerima.
Except to marry under age girl child.
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by FAMedia: 2:46pm On Jul 31, 2013
Abdulazez,Turare,Ahmed Zannah and Makarfi

Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by FAMedia: 2:49pm On Jul 31, 2013
Jumai, Jajare and Ojodu

Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by PStacks(m): 2:49pm On Jul 31, 2013
What! shocked are you kidding me?
With that fat salary!!! shocked
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by FAMedia: 2:52pm On Jul 31, 2013
Gamawa

Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by jerusalem101: 2:54pm On Jul 31, 2013
please i expect this same research to be done in the house of representatives though i see them as the only hope for the country....
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by FAMedia: 2:54pm On Jul 31, 2013
Bukar
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by ceejayluv(m): 3:03pm On Jul 31, 2013
2ru-talk:

I thought Sani Yerima sponsored the controversial child marriage bill shocked
There was NO child marriage Bill...
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 31, 2013

1 Like

Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by Dtwoabbey(m): 3:06pm On Jul 31, 2013
I ve already knew that hosea ayoola agboola will be among them. Shame senator from oyo north senatorial district. He's not capable of that post and he's saying that he's going for second term. Who go vote for him again with all this " i support the motion habit" yeye people with yeye head.
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 31, 2013
undecided

1 Like

Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by chiefarian47(m): 3:10pm On Jul 31, 2013

So this pple ave been warmn sit @ NASS,Is beta we declear their sit vacant instead of collect 2.4M every 30days which is

has a -ve effect on our budget for the house.Plz Gov talk to ur Sen to try and affect the country +vely.
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 31, 2013

1 Like

Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by Emeniyen: 3:50pm On Jul 31, 2013
GeneralShepherd: The ones that sponsored bills, of what relevance has any of the bills been to the common Nigerian...

E.g My honourable Senator Yerima.
Did u read d post at all?
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by BigBizzy(m): 4:01pm On Jul 31, 2013
The senators from Rivers State are just not it. No wonder why we never heard 'good morning Nigeria' from them. SMH
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by lemon10(m): 4:06pm On Jul 31, 2013
This were the people we elected in the last election to become our mouth-piece, many lives were lost just for them to be successful. I believe they don't know what there work is. If cannot sponsor a bill from the beginning to the half of a tenure, mathematically they cannot sponsor any. I think that is an abuse of democracy. MY FELLOW NAIRALANDERS LET'S LAUGH AT THEM cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by sweetgala(m): 4:29pm On Jul 31, 2013
Because they did not initiate any discussions on the floor does not mean they have not been active. Some may have chosen to work hard within their respective committees where they can more easily influence decisions with a smaller audience.

However that they have not tabled a bill means they are not effectively representing their constituents because no matter how perfect any LGC is there are a million issues that need addressing
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by ddeola: 4:30pm On Jul 31, 2013
Chop-I-Chop senators. grin grin grin
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 31, 2013
mr. magnus abe (pdp rivers)
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by hakku: 4:50pm On Jul 31, 2013
work don zero...moni spent on dem GONE.
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by Plshavmercyamen: 5:06pm On Jul 31, 2013
My pple, let us be objective for once. That they have not sponsored any bill yet does not mean that they have not contributed either positively or negatively to d proceedings of the house. And by d way, how many of those sponsored bills have been passed and assented to? And how many of us the constituents have articulated any bill to the house through our senators(representatives)? My pple, its wel
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 31, 2013
BigBizzy: The senators from Rivers State are just not it. No wonder why we never heard 'good morning Nigeria' from them. SMH

senator Bigbizzy grin
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by thompsons: 5:39pm On Jul 31, 2013
I know Yerima must be there ssssssssshaaaannnniiiiiiiiiii..............
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by OneDrop: 5:59pm On Jul 31, 2013
And NGIGE is warming up to Rule Anambra state. Shame on him!
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by Rasdagama: 7:12pm On Jul 31, 2013
I am not surprised seeing the list. The likes of Makarfi, Yerima, Buba Abba Ibrahim, Akume,Goje etc have no business in the first case to be in the Senate. They are just there so as to enjoy the ungodly "IMMUNITY CLAUSE"

For others, their respective Senatorial zones they represent should call them back & should be forced to pay back all they have collected in the last two years. How on earth would someone be paid for a job not done, only in Nigeria can this happen.

I rest my case.
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 31, 2013
Dogzimalon: enugu nko cause ive not even seen the yellow one that answers nnaji that i dont even know what he is doing there cause ive never seen him stand to debate
Nnaji is one of the best senators in the 7th senate. Think of number portability and who ensured legislative backing for it. Nnaji is not a talkative. Bro chimaroke nnaji wet entered senate chambers only 4 times in 4yrs nko.
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jul 31, 2013
Dogzimalon: enugu nko cause ive not even seen the yellow one that answers nnaji that i dont even know what he is doing there cause ive never seen him stand to debate
Nnaji is one of the best senators in the 7th senate. Think of number portability and who ensured legislative backing for it. Nnaji is not a talkative. Bro chimaroke nnamani wet entered senate chambers only 4 times in 4yrs nko.
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 31, 2013
FAMedia: Gamawa
who this man dey quarrel with self.....omo c rock face
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by victorD3: 8:46pm On Jul 31, 2013
More nothern senators in the list. Sponsoring Boko Haram and marrying children were more of the priority
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by krill: 9:51pm On Jul 31, 2013
Maina Ma'aji Lawan (ANPP, Borno), Mohammed Ali Ndume (PDP, Borno), Ahmad Zannah (PDP, Borno)... Expectedly all senators from my state BORNO performed execellently well in this regard- shame on them. Guys did you notice that all ex governors have no justification for being in the senate! I weep for thìs nation.
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by Kingspin(m): 10:00pm On Jul 31, 2013
Just bench warmers...
Re: 34 Senators Tabled No Bills In Two Years by Kingspin(m): 10:00pm On Jul 31, 2013
Bench warmers...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG To End Shady $70Million Yearly Ports Contracts / Sultan: Corruption At A Very High Level In Nigeria… Things Are Not Okay / Prove You Are Better Than Boko Haram Fighters, Buratai Tells Special Forces

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.