Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,862 members, 7,813,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

Catholic Daily Devotion And Meditations-the WORD Among Us. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Daily Devotion And Meditations-the WORD Among Us. (5423 Views)

The Catholic Daily Prayer For Nigeria In Distress / Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary ( Sorrowful & Glorious ) / Meditations On The Mysteries Of The Holy Rosary (joyful And Luminous) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Daily Devotion And Meditations-the WORD Among Us. by Syncan(m): 2:22pm On Dec 03, 2013
debbie: Thank you...........i will do just that!
Will be updating this page regularly for our spiritual growth

Amen, Amen, a pure heart create for me; oh lord. O Mary,Purest of virgins, pray for us who have recourse to thee...as we progress in our novena.

Welcome back Sis.

God bless us.
Re: Catholic Daily Devotion And Meditations-the WORD Among Us. by debbie(f): 8:30am On Dec 04, 2013
Wednesday 4th December
The Glorious Mysteries
Opening prayer- Prepare our hearts,we pray o Lord our God,by your divine power so that at the coming of Christ your son,we may be found worthy of the banquet of eternal life and merit to receive heavenly glory from is hands.
First Reading- Isaiah 25:6-10
Summary- The Lord God invites us to his feast,and wipes away tears from all faces
Responsorial Psalm 23

Gospel Reading Matthew 15:29-37
[b][/b]MEDITATION OF THE DAY
This is the lord,let us rejoice and be glad that he has saved us! Isaiah 25:9
Did you know that in 2012,worldwide lottery sales topped $275 billion?Every week,tow hundred million people play in the Europe lottery. In the UK, about 70% of the adult population plays the national lottery.Why do people spend so much money for the tiniest chance of winning a fortune? Hope and trust.Despite all logic,they have a glimmer of hope and trust that they will be that ONE out of the millions,and their lives will be made perfect.Yet even as we dream about winning,the reality is that most big winners are less happy afterward.Half of them ,in fact, end up bankrupt within a few years.
So if the lottery is nearly impossible to win and doesn't guarantee happiness,where is the hope? What is worth trusting in? Each of today's readings gives us the answers we need to hear .Trust in the LORD.
In psalm 23,David trusts that God will take care of his every need and protect him from harm.Lastly,Matthew describes what happened when four thousand people and above trusted and stayed with the LORD for three days.He fed them all with just few loaves and fishes and had baskets left over.
As far as GOD is concerned,you are that very important winner.He will take your meager fish and bread and exchange them for baskets of blessings.All you have to do is to TRUST and BELIEVE in his power and word......he has promised that he will not leave you nor forsake you.Remember those who put their trust in the LORD are like mount Zion which shall not be shaken.I have never seen the righteous forsaken or his children beg for bread.
Where is your hope? in mere mortal?......come back to GOD and have that peace and joy you desire.

PRAYER-Lord help me to keep my dreams focused on you.I trust that you will provide everything that i need.Help me to stay close to you even in this advent. AMEN
Re: Catholic Daily Devotion And Meditations-the WORD Among Us. by SalC: 9:05am On Dec 04, 2013
AS FAR AS GOD IS CONCERNED, YOU ARE THAT VERY IMPORTANT WINNER.

That's an assuring word! God is ready to see us win, the question becames, are we ready to win? Are we ready to conquer against all odds? Christ has played the ultimate part, all we need to do is live according to his ordinances, be patient and have a firm faith in him.

Trust in the Lord. His plans for us is of good and not of evil Jer 29v11.
His wish is to see us win and succeed 3john Vs2
Re: Catholic Daily Devotion And Meditations-the WORD Among Us. by debbie(f): 9:13am On Dec 04, 2013
And the bible also said,All things will work together for our good,as long as we believe....Our standard is God,but it takes our willingness to play our part and give up ourselves to him.
Sal C: AS FAR AS GOD IS CONCERNED, YOU ARE THAT VERY IMPORTANT WINNER.

That's an assuring word! God is ready to see us win, the question becames, are we ready to win? Are we ready to conquer against all odds? Christ has played the ultimate part, all we need to do is live according to his ordinances, be patient and have a firm faith in him.

Trust in the Lord. His plans for us is of good and not of evil Jer 29v11.
His wish is to see us win and succeed 3john Vs2
Re: Catholic Daily Devotion And Meditations-the WORD Among Us. by SalC: 9:37am On Dec 04, 2013
debbie: And the bible also said,All things will work together for our good,as long as we believe....Our standard is God,but it takes our willingness to play our part and give up ourselves to him.
Exactly.
Remain blessed.
Re: Catholic Daily Devotion And Meditations-the WORD Among Us. by woky: 10:17am On Dec 04, 2013
*present*
Re: Catholic Daily Devotion And Meditations-the WORD Among Us. by debbie(f): 8:35am On Dec 05, 2013
Thursday 5th December 2013
The Mysteries of Light
Morning prayer- stir up your power,O Lord and come to our help with mighty strength,that what our sins impede,the grace of your mercy may hasten.B merciful to us your children and show us your light today.

First Reading Isaiah 26 :1-6
summary- let the righteous nation which keeps faith enter in
Responsorial Psalm 118
Alleluia.. Seek the Lord while he may be found,call upon him while he is near.Alleluia

Gospel Reading Matthew 7:21-27
summary-he who does the will of the Father shall enter the kingdom of heaven.

MEDITATION OF THE DAY
The Lord is an eternal rock Isaiah 26:4
Near the southern tip of Spain,the British-owned rocks of Gibraltar looms over the strait connecting the Atlantic Ocean with the Mediterranean Sea.Over its history of siege and war,it has earned a reputation as a stalwart fortress.its stony visage appears impervious to forces of change. but its really not.The rock is slowly being eroded by the wind and water it seems to dominate.Some would say that this image of a long-standing fortress under-going erosion could apply to the society we live in today.

Over the years,we have all seen changes in our cultures value system and the world around us.Some have been for the better.Other changes,however,have not been good.Issues like the sanctity of life and the values inherent in the family structure have been eroding,weakening our foundations and threatening the whole structure. When we think about this process of erosion,we can respond in one way of two ways.We can become angry and discouraged. But that only only leads to a sense of hopelessness and keeps us from acting right.

Or We can take our cue from the Prophet Isaiah;trust in the Lord for ever! For the Lord is an eternal Rock.He is the one rock that will never crumble.He is the one foundation that will never fail.As the old hymn goes: No storm can shake my inmost calm,while to that rock I'm clinging. But there's more here.God also wants you to become a "rock" yourself;in your family and in your neighborhood.You can help stem the tide around you! just spend time with him everyday,and you will become stronger and stronger,a refuge of truth and hope for everyone around you.A you study his word and pray always,you build for yourself a strong wall of defense against the devil.

Remember,your hope should be built on nothing else but on Jesus Christ,all other ground is sinking sand....Our God is an everlasting stronghold,run to him and you will be safe from the cares of this world.

PRAYER-Lord,your love is an eternal refuge for me.Fortify me so that i may be a refuge for others........AMEN smiley
Maranatha
Re: Catholic Daily Devotion And Meditations-the WORD Among Us. by MariaGoretti: 11:10am On Dec 05, 2013
I was here
Re: Catholic Daily Devotion And Meditations-the WORD Among Us. by SalC: 11:11am On Dec 05, 2013
debbie: Thursday 5th December 2013
The Mysteries of Light
Morning prayer- stir up your power,O Lord and come to our help with mighty strength,that what our sins impede,the grace of your mercy may hasten.B merciful to us your children and show us your light today.

First Reading Isaiah 26 :1-6
summary- let the righteous nation which keeps faith enter in
Responsorial Psalm 118
Alleluia.. Seek the Lord while he may be found,call upon him while he is near.Alleluia

Gospel Reading Matthew 7:21-27
summary-he who does the will of the Father shall enter the kingdom of heaven.

MEDITATION OF THE DAY
The Lord is an eternal rock Isaiah 26:4
Near the southern tip of Spain,the British-owned rocks of Gibraltar looms over the strait connecting the Atlantic Ocean with the Mediterranean Sea.Over its history of siege and war,it has earned a reputation as a stalwart fortress.its stony visage appears impervious to forces of change. but its really not.The rock is slowly being eroded by the wind and water it seems to dominate.Some would say that this image of a long-standing fortress under-going erosion could apply to the society we live in today.

Over the years,we have all seen changes in our cultures value system and the world around us.Some have been for the better.Other changes,however,have not been good.Issues like the sanctity of life and the values inherent in the family structure have been eroding,weakening our foundations and threatening the whole structure. When we think about this process of erosion,we can respond in one way of two ways.We can become angry and discouraged. But that only only leads to a sense of hopelessness and keeps us from acting right.

Or We can take our cue from the Prophet Isaiah;trust in the Lord for ever! For the Lord is an eternal Rock.He is the one rock that will never crumble.He is the one foundation that will never fail.As the old hymn goes: No storm can shake my inmost calm,while to that rock I'm clinging. But there's more here.God also wants you to become a "rock" yourself;in your family and in your neighborhood.You can help stem the tide around you! just spend time with him everyday,and you will become stronger and stronger,a refuge of truth and hope for everyone around you.A you study his word and pray always,you build for yourself a strong wall of defense against the devil.

Remember,your hope should be built on nothing else but on Jesus Christ,all other ground is sinking sand....Our God is an everlasting stronghold,run to him and you will be safe from the cares of this world.

PRAYER-Lord,your love is an eternal refuge for me.Fortify me so that i may be a refuge for others........AMEN smiley
Maranatha
Our hope is only built on Christ the rock for he is our stronghold.
AMEN.
Re: Catholic Daily Devotion And Meditations-the WORD Among Us. by SalC: 11:12am On Dec 05, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
I was here
I see you.
Re: Catholic Daily Devotion And Meditations-the WORD Among Us. by MariaGoretti: 11:21am On Dec 05, 2013
Sal C: I see you.
me too.
am enjoying this
Re: Catholic Daily Devotion And Meditations-the WORD Among Us. by debbie(f): 4:08pm On Dec 08, 2013
Sunday 8th December
The Glorious Mysteries, Second Sunday in Advent.
First Reading Isaiah 11:1-10
Summary:With righteousness he will judge the poor.
Responsorial Psalm 71.
Second Reading Romans 15:4-9
Summary- Christ came to save all men.
ALLELUIA LUKE 3:4.6.PREPARE THE WAY OF THE LORD,MAKE HIS PATHS STRAIGHT';ALL FLESH SHALL SEE THE SALVATION OF GOD..ALLELUIA.

Gospel Reading Matthew 3:1-12
Summary-Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

MEDITATION OF THE DAY.
[i][/i]Welcome one another,then,as Christ welcomed you Romans 15:7

Jesus sure has a lot of patience,doesn't he?Day in and day out,he puts up with our erratic behavior, especially the way we treat each other. We know that Jesus doesn't like to see us manipulating or deceiving or hurting each other.But he is incredibly patient with us, always holding out hope that we will change and treat each other with love. He never abandons us.He never gives up on us. Think about how Peter tried to convince Jesus not to embrace the cross. Or think about the Last supper.Jesus was about to be arrested and put to death,and what did he hear? His apostles asking where he was going and arguing over which of them was the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Was Jesus frustrated? Probably..Did he lose his patience?. NO. Now if this is the way Jesus treats us and if Jesus wants us to love one another as he loves us,then we ought to try to have patience with each other.

We ought to try to hang in there with each other,simply because of the way Jesus continues to welcome us.St James tells us that big and small trials will come our way,we need to see them both as issues to resolve and opportunities to grow in our faith particularly as they help us become more patient (James 1:2-3).

As we see these trials as opportunities,we will find ourselves remaining peaceful and even joyful,no matter what the situation.So whenever you face a challenge that tests your patience,try to step back for a moment and say,"Thank you Jesus for being so patient with me.Now give me the grace to be like you."
REMEMBER-PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE,AND IT IS ONLY THE GRACE OF GOD THAT CAN MAKE YOU HAVE IT,OF YOUR OWN YOU CAN DO NOTHING.
Prayer:Jesus help me to be patient with others,just as you are with me.........AMEN
Re: Catholic Daily Devotion And Meditations-the WORD Among Us. by debbie(f): 4:12pm On Dec 08, 2013
As we step into the new week,let us please be patient with our parents,friends,spouses,boss,elders,neighbors and even those we meet on the way.
Recall how many times you hurt God and go against his WILL,yet he doesn't give up on us or let go of us.....why cant we be the same. Christianity is not in the many words you hear or speak,it is in the ACTION you take.
Remain blessed and have a fruitful week.
Maranatha.
Re: Catholic Daily Devotion And Meditations-the WORD Among Us. by debbie(f): 8:27am On Dec 09, 2013
December 9th 2013
Immaculate conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
The Joyful Mysteries.

First Reading Genesis 3:9-20
Summary- I will put enmity between your seed and her seed.
Responsorial Psalm 98
O sing a new song to the Lord,for he has worked wonders.

ALLELUIA Luke 1:28 Hail Mary, full of grace,the lord is with you;blessed are you among women ALLELUIA.
Gospel Reading Luke 1:26-38
Summary- Hail, full of grace,the lord is with you.

MEDITATION OF THE DAY
Imagine the setting: a pure,virginal young woman is presented with a choice from God.Will she obey,or will she choose her own way? In the pristine beauty of the Garden of Eden,Eve chose to disobey God,and with her choice, sin entered in the world. In Nazareth,Mary chose to obey.With her YES to GOD,she became the new Eve and began the undoing of Eve's disobedience,ushering in God's grace and redemption.Her yes reversed Eve's NO.

Each of us is presented with a myriad of choices through out the day. The can bring grace into the world or the can bring discord.Of course,we don't have the benefit of being born without original sin,like Mary.But we are redeemed!. When we are baptized we are cleansed of original sin.Through Christ we also have been blessed with "every spiritual blessing in the heavens" Ephesians 1:3.
So we have all the resources we need to make the right choice.As Mary did,so can we do. In each yes or no we choose,we can bring forth grace into our lives and the lives of those around us,or we can allow sin to damage us. Will we mess up,and will we say no sometimes? Of course. But that doesn't mean we should give up!
If we say no or if we fail even to see the choice in the first place,we can still receive God's forgiveness and restoration.God will always give us another chance. And with every yes that we say to him,his Spirit will strengthen us further for the next choice.And the next one. And the next one.
Maybe the "angel" who presents you with a choice to day will come disguised as a co-worker or as a child asking for a help in the middle of a busy day.Maybe the angel will wear the distressing disguise of a poor or a disagreeable neighbor.Recognize your choice; will you say YES to God and give of yourself to this person? Will you become a bearer of grace to that person?.

REMEMBER-WITH GOD NOTHING,I SAY NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE.
PRAYER-Heavenly Father, you have chosen me and filled me with your grace, help me say yes t your WILL and make a difference in the world around me.......AMEN.
Re: Catholic Daily Devotion And Meditations-the WORD Among Us. by Ubenedictus(m): 9:09am On Dec 09, 2013
Welcome back debbie, i was surprised when you stopped posting, goodwork
Re: Catholic Daily Devotion And Meditations-the WORD Among Us. by SalC: 9:14am On Dec 09, 2013
Lord let my yes to your choice for me bring grace, mercy and fulfilment to the world.

Like our blessed mother, let your wish be my command.
Amen.
Re: Catholic Daily Devotion And Meditations-the WORD Among Us. by debbie(f): 9:32am On Dec 09, 2013
Thank you my dear..i didn't stop ,just that i had some challenges....But all is well now
Ubenedictus: Welcome back debbie, i was surprised when you stopped posting, goodwork
Re: Catholic Daily Devotion And Meditations-the WORD Among Us. by debbie(f): 9:29am On Dec 10, 2013
Tuesday December 10th
The sorrowful Mysteries
First Reading Isaiah 40:1-11
Summary-God comforts his people.

Responsorial Psalm 96
ALLELUIA,The day of the Lord is near;behold,he will come to save us.ALLELUIA.
GOSPEL READING Matthew 18:12-14
SUMMARY- God does not will that the little ones should perish.

MEDITATION OF THE DAY
Like a shepherd he feeds his flocks (Isaiah 40:1)
How do you imagine Jesus would feel as the "good shepherd" of his flock? We have all seen paintings of a sweet,slightly effeminate Jesus cuddling a defenseless lamb. 'In his arms he gathers the lamb,carrying them in his bosom" )Isaiah 40:11. Who wouldn't want to be comforted by such a shepherd? However,the prophet is also aware that the term SHEPHERD refers to the kings appointed to rule God's people. God has no patience with weak,vacillating leaders who quake before their enemies and hasten to make ill-fated military alliances instead of trusting God.
His ideal shepherd "comes with power" and "rules by his strong arm" Isaiah 40:10.

Like David,the shepherd-king,he braves danger to defend his people against predators,especially the spiritual threats posed by the devil,our own fallen nature,or the darkened philosophies in the world. Likewise,Jesus,our Shepherd,doesn't wait anxiously for straining sheep to return.Rather,he arms himself and sets out in search of them. Sometimes his kindness feels like discipline as he cuts the lamb loose,dresses it wounds,and curbs its propensity to wander. But it is still the kindest thing he could do.When we think of Jesus as our Shepherd,it is helpful to admit that we are weak sinners in need of rescuing.

But this shouldn't be an excuse for passivity.Jesus invites us to work with him in restoring a world where he is Lord.He wants us to straighten roads,fill in valleys,level mountains,and smooth rough ground so that more and more people can come to him Isaiah 40:3-4.
So join the Shepherd's search party.Keep your eyes on him as you seek to bring people into contact with him.Be sure to draw on his strength,his gentleness,and his patience because you will need it.And remember: not only are you called to be patient with people but also with the Shepherd,who takes no shortcuts.He has perfect plan, and he will accomplish it in his own time.

PRAYER:THANK YOU JESUS,FOR SEEKING ME WHEN I STRAY FROM THE PATH OF RIGHTEOUSNESS.TEACH ME HOW TO SHEPHERD THOSE YOU HAVE ENTRUSTED TO MY CARE.....AMEN
Re: Catholic Daily Devotion And Meditations-the WORD Among Us. by debbie(f): 9:31am On Dec 10, 2013
Still on the issue of PATIENCE...we have been called to be patient with people around us,it wont be easy,but the grace to HOLD-ON is there.
Remember,God has not given up on you,so don't give up on anybody.
Remain Blessed.
MARANATHA.
Re: Catholic Daily Devotion And Meditations-the WORD Among Us. by Ubenedictus(m): 6:09pm On Dec 10, 2013
Beautiful
Re: Catholic Daily Devotion And Meditations-the WORD Among Us. by debbie(f): 8:55am On Dec 11, 2013
December 11th 2013
The glorious Mysteries
Opening prayer-Almighty God,who commands us to prepare the way for Christ the lord,grant in your kindness we pray,that no infirmity may weary us as we long for the comforting presence of our heavenly healer.
FIRST READING Isaiah 40:25-31
SUMMARY- The Lord is strong in power and gives power to the faint.

RESPONSORIAL PSALM 103
BLESS THE LORD,O MY SOUL.
ALLELUIA,Behold the Lord is coming to save his people;blessed are those who are ready to meet him.ALLELUIA

GOSPEL READING Matthew 11:28-30
SUMMARY-Come to me,all who labor.

MEDITATION OF THE DAY
Come to me,all you who labor and are burdened Matthew 11:28
As you ponder today's Gospel reading,imagine Jesus standing before you with outstretched arms,inviting you into his embrace.His eyes are filled with compassion as he says,"i will always love you.I will never stop thinking about you.Did you think that i had rejected you? NEVER! On the contrary,i call you.Come to me."Come you who hide under shame's dark shadow,and let my light shine into your darkness."Come,you who have searched the world for success and been disappointed,for in me your soul will find rest."Come,you who are sick,and let me ease your suffering.Come,you who toil under the weight of addiction,and i will help you shoulder your burden."Come,you victims of violence,and i will give you my protection and peace."Come,you whose marriage is in tatters,and i will strengthen your love with my own."Come,you who have been rejected,for i accept you unconditionally."Come,you who despair of my mercy,for i offer you forgiveness in abundance."Yes,come to me.

Open your heart to me at any time,any hour.I love it when we spend time together and you confide in me."Come to me,for i am true Wisdom.I want to reach you by my word.Open the Scriptures and let me speak to you.Rejoice in my love for you and the whole world!
Come to me,for I am Mercy incarnate.Let me cleanse you in the Sacrament of Reconciliation.Lay down your burden;i have waited so long.."Come to me,for I am the bread of Life.Let me nourish you at the Eucharistic feast.
Come without fear to receive me,your Savior,and i will give you all of myself:BODY,BLOOD,SOUL AND DIVINITY."Come and take my yoke upon you.Learn from me,for I am gentle and humble of heart,and you will find rest for your soul."

JESUS,I AM AMAZED AT YOUR LOVE.HERE I AM,LORD!
Re: Catholic Daily Devotion And Meditations-the WORD Among Us. by SalC: 9:23am On Dec 11, 2013
I come to you once more my Lord, no longer will I roam. I have searched every other known place, but never found a home.

Here am I Lord.
Re: Catholic Daily Devotion And Meditations-the WORD Among Us. by MariaGoretti: 9:49am On Dec 11, 2013
Here I am before you Lord; I stick out my neck to be yoked with you. Teach me your ways.
Re: Catholic Daily Devotion And Meditations-the WORD Among Us. by woky: 7:08am On Dec 13, 2013
woky: *present*
Sacred Heart of Jesus, be pleased to preside over us when we assemble. Bless our spiritual temporal affairs, ward off all trouble, sanctify our joys, and give us consolation in sorrows. Amen
Re: Catholic Daily Devotion And Meditations-the WORD Among Us. by SalC: 7:40am On Dec 13, 2013
woky: Sacred Heart of Jesus, be pleased to preside over us when we assemble. Bless our spiritual temporal affairs, ward off all trouble, sanctify our joys, and give us consolation in sorrows. Amen
Amen.
Re: Catholic Daily Devotion And Meditations-the WORD Among Us. by debbie(f): 2:27pm On Dec 15, 2013
Sunday 15th December 2013
The Glorious Mysteries
REJOICE IN THE LORD ALWAYS;I SAY,REJOICE.INDEED THE LORD IS NEAR.

First Reading Isaiah 35:1-10
SUMMARY- God himself will come and save you.

RESPONSORIAL PSALM 149

Second Reading James 5:7-10
SUMMARY-Establish your hearts,for the coming of the Lord is at hand.

ALLELUIA,THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD IS UPON ME;HE HAS SENT ME TO PREACH GOOD NEWS TO THE POOR.ALLELUIA

Gospel Reading Matthew 11:2-11
SUMMARY-Are you he who is to come,or shall we look for another?

MEDITATION OF THE DAY
They will see the glory of the Lord,the splendor of our God Isaiah 35:2
Thinking about the Eucharist always brings certain scriptures passages to mind.Maybe,it's a story about the road to Emmaus (Luke 24:13-35). It's a synopsis of the Mass as it describes the way that Jesus energized two disciples as he explain the Scriptures to them and then how he revealed himself when he blessed and broke bread with them.Or what about the story of the multiplication of the loaves (John 6:1-13)?
It;s such an exciting miracle! Jesus blessed bread,gave it to everyone,and satisfied their hunger both physically and spiritually.And who can forget the way St.Paul described the Mass of the first Christian? "The cup of blessing that we bless,is it not a participation in the blood of Christ? The bread that we break,is it not a participation in the body of Christ?" (1 Corinthians 10:16). In every instance, the people who ate the bread were moved.
Their eyes were opened.They caught a glimpse caused of the GLORY OF THE LORD,the splendor of our GOD" Isaiah 35:2. And that glimpse caused them to rejoice.Today's first reading tells how the Isrealites will rejoice over the salvation God will bring them.It speaks about God opening blind eyes and deaf ears.It speaks about weak hands and knees being made strong.It speaks about people overcoming their fears.It speaks about people blooming like the beautiful flower,all because the glory of God is being revealed to them.

Every time we receive the Eucharist,Jesus reveals himself to us and that is a cause for great rejoicing.At every Mass, he comes to set us free from sin.He comes to open our eyes to his love and his glory.He helps us keep our eyes on the PRIZE so that we will one day enter his Kingdom "singing and crowned with everlasting joy" Isaiah 35:10.

JESUS,I REJOICE IN YOUR PRESENCE.COME AND FILL ME,LORD,WITH THE BREAD OF LIFE......AMEN

Remember-Jesus is the bread of life,anyone who desires him will live,without him we are nothing.
MARANATHA.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Daily Devotion And Meditations-the WORD Among Us. by SalC: 4:41pm On Dec 15, 2013
debbie: Sunday 15th December 2013
The Glorious Mysteries
REJOICE IN THE LORD ALWAYS;I SAY,REJOICE.INDEED THE LORD IS NEAR.

First Reading Isaiah 35:1-10
SUMMARY- God himself will come and save you.

RESPONSORIAL PSALM 149

Second Reading James 5:7-10
SUMMARY-Establish your hearts,for the coming of the Lord is at hand.

ALLELUIA,THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD IS UPON ME;HE HAS SENT ME TO PREACH GOOD NEWS TO THE POOR.ALLELUIA

Gospel Reading Matthew 11:2-11
SUMMARY-Are you he who is to come,or shall we look for another?

MEDITATION OF THE DAY
They will see the glory of the Lord,the splendor of our God Isaiah 35:2
Thinking about the Eucharist always brings certain scriptures passages to mind.Maybe,it's a story about the road to Emmaus (Luke 24:13-35). It's a synopsis of the Mass as it describes the way that Jesus energized two disciples as he explain the Scriptures to them and then how he revealed himself when he blessed and broke bread with them.Or what about the story of the multiplication of the loaves (John 6:1-13)?
It;s such an exciting miracle! Jesus blessed bread,gave it to everyone,and satisfied their hunger both physically and spiritually.And who can forget the way St.Paul described the Mass of the first Christian? "The cup of blessing that we bless,is it not a participation in the blood of Christ? The bread that we break,is it not a participation in the body of Christ?" (1 Corinthians 10:16). In every instance, the people who ate the bread were moved.
Their eyes were opened.They caught a glimpse caused of the GLORY OF THE LORD,the splendor of our GOD" Isaiah 35:2. And that glimpse caused them to rejoice.Today's first reading tells how the Isrealites will rejoice over the salvation God will bring them.It speaks about God opening blind eyes and deaf ears.It speaks about weak hands and knees being made strong.It speaks about people overcoming their fears.It speaks about people blooming like the beautiful flower,all because the glory of God is being revealed to them.

Every time we receive the Eucharist,Jesus reveals himself to us and that is a cause for great rejoicing.At every Mass, he comes to set us free from sin.He comes to open our eyes to his love and his glory.He helps us keep our eyes on the PRIZE so that we will one day enter his Kingdom "singing and crowned with everlasting joy" Isaiah 35:10.

JESUS,I REJOICE IN YOUR PRESENCE.COME AND FILL ME,LORD,WITH THE BREAD OF LIFE......AMEN

Remember-Jesus is the bread of life,anyone who desires him will live,without him we are nothing.
MARANATHA.
Amen Amen.
Re: Catholic Daily Devotion And Meditations-the WORD Among Us. by debbie(f): 8:16am On Dec 20, 2013
Friday 20th December
The sorrowful mysteries

FIRST READING- ISAIAH 7:10-14
Summary-Behold,a virgin shall conceive

RESPONSORIAL PSALM 24
Let the lord enter,He is the king of glory.

GOSPEL READING LUKE 1:26-38
Summary-You will conceive in your womb and bear a son

MEDITATION OF THE DAY
I am the handmaid of the Lord Luke 1:38

This moment in history is so poignant.You can just imagine all the creation including the angels,stopping and holding their breath in anticipation of Mary's response to God's request of her to be Jesus' mother.You can feel Mary's sense of fear,wonder,and doubt in the way that Luke describes the scene.WHO? ME?HOW? But she overcomes the fear and answers with humble confidence "i am the handmaid of the Lord.God has a special place in history for Mary,a truly blessed mission.
But he has a mission for you too. Even though your mission may not seem as important as Mother of God,Jesus loves you just as much,and his mission for you is important as well. He has plans for you that he carefully put into his blueprint before time even began.

Imagine God's breathless delight when he hears you say YES to him. As you go about your day today, try to say YES to God in as many ways as you can.Start by saying YES with your heart when God tells you that you are special to him,so special that no one fills your place in his heart but you. Say yes when you start to wonder of he has great plans for you.Say YES to any joy or hardship that he puts in your path. Say YES if someone wrongs you, and you have the chance to forgive him or her.

Say YES when the spirit prompts you to contact someone you've lost touch with. Say YES to the joy that the Lord is wanting to surround you with.Believe that God loves you just as you are.He delights in you and wants to use you as an agent of change and forgiveness in this world to bring about the next.
Hold on to that joy this ADVENT! Keep that YES in your heart in the spring in your steps.And try your best to spread this confidence to everyone you know.YES,YOU ARE LOVED BY GOD.

PRAYER-Lord,i know that i am uniquely yours.Help me feel this in my heart and take that confidence to say YES to this life and the mission that you have planned for me...........AMEN
Re: Catholic Daily Devotion And Meditations-the WORD Among Us. by debbie(f): 8:18am On Dec 20, 2013
I say yes Lord yes to your will and to your way
I say yes lord yes,i will trust you and obey.
When the spirit lifts me up,with my whole life I'll sing
And my answer will be
YES LORD YES........ smiley
MARANATHA
Re: Catholic Daily Devotion And Meditations-the WORD Among Us. by woky: 8:22am On Dec 20, 2013
debbie: I say yes Lord yes to your will and to your way
And my answer will be
MARANATHA
Re: Catholic Daily Devotion And Meditations-the WORD Among Us. by woky: 8:22am On Dec 20, 2013
debbie: I say yes Lord yes to your will and to your way
And my answer will be
MARANATHA
Amen
Re: Catholic Daily Devotion And Meditations-the WORD Among Us. by Syncan(m): 8:27am On Dec 20, 2013
Amen Amen. Fiat to thy will o lord, keep me ready.

Weldone debbie.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Read Father Mbaka’s Latest Prophecy About President Buhari’s Administration / Christian Men Can Marry More Than One Wife, No Bible Verse Is Against Polygamy – / Veteran Missionary Mama Ruth Elton At 86 (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.