Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,997 members, 7,814,409 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

MTN Customer Care Thread - Phones (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Customer Care Thread (569776 Views)

MTN Customer Care Whatsapp Numbers / Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) / Etisalat Customer Care Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (256) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Captain3star(m): 11:57am On Aug 17, 2014
I want to change to Night ASAP because my 160mb 30 days plan is yet to expire , How do I stop this plan now as the night plan could not be accepted. Please Help @Jide
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 1:40pm On Aug 17, 2014
ylinklsope: Hello Mr Jide,I have a issue with this particular number i have been trying to reach for the past 4 days,when ever i dial it brings the message check operator service and that is the only number bringing such message on my phone others number are going through,I want to know if its the number that has got issues or my phone.The number ive been calling is 07065723488 and my number is 08068993482,Kindly help me check if the user of that number is still active as i need to get in touch with the person asap..Thanks

Hi ylinklsope, the mobile number you provided is no longer active on the network ( i.e it has been recycled due to dormancy). Regards
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 1:42pm On Aug 17, 2014
Captain3star: I want to change to Night ASAP because my 160mb 30 days plan is yet to expire , How do I stop this plan now as the night plan could not be accepted. Please Help @Jide

Hi Captain3star, please send your mobile number via PM for assistance . Regards

1 Like

Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 1:49pm On Aug 17, 2014
prodam: Mr JideSM, have you seen the number I sent?. Though, this is not a 'BB thread', but I just have to let you know about this development, cos I got to know while surfing the web that there could be a relationship between my BB icon not showing up again and this very service book issue. Expectant.

Hi prodam, no please. kindly send your mobile number via PM for checks. Regards
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 17, 2014
MTN I AM HIGHLY DISSAPOINTED IN U GUYS...IMAGINE I AM IN AWKA NOW AND I CANT EVEN BROWSE. SOMETIMES I FEEL LIKE BREAKING MY SIM CARD. MTN STEP-UP, YOUR SERVICES ARE TOO POOR!!!!!!'

1 Like

Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Captain3star(m): 4:42pm On Aug 17, 2014
JideSM:

Hi Captain3star, please send your mobile number via PM for assistance . Regards
I have mailed you my number thanks
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 17, 2014
Pls I registered this MTN line(08130398427) on 16th, yesterday and d guy that did d registration said the line will be activated in one hour, I tried it after one hour nothing came up, it's been more than 24hrs now and I can't still use d line
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by prodam(m): 8:26pm On Aug 17, 2014
prodam: Thanks JideSM. Here is it: 09035574621
. 09035574621
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by guente02(m): 1:29am On Aug 18, 2014
In sokoto i cant browse on 3G. For me to access the Internet i would have to switch to Edge and dats bad. It used to be rosy. Please work on it my data is wasting.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Godwin978(m): 11:07am On Aug 18, 2014
i dont want to receive this message anymore onmy line Thanks for participating in the Brain Wave easy game. You can get more MTN airtime recharge pins if you play continue now. Text WAVE to 5032. N10/SMS.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 11:13am On Aug 18, 2014
Captain3star: I want to change to Night ASAP because my 160mb 30 days plan is yet to expire , How do I stop this plan now as the night plan could not be accepted. Please Help @Jide

HI kindly text NO to 131 to deactivate the Auto-renewal on your line, we need to deactivate the plan from here, kindly inform us when you are ready to deactivate the plan.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 11:37am On Aug 18, 2014

HI kindly text NO to 131 to deactivate the Auto-renewal on your line, we need to deactivate the plan from here, kindly inform us when you are ready to deactivate the plan.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 11:39am On Aug 18, 2014
yemaldo: Pls I registered this MTN line(08130398427) on 16th, yesterday and d guy that did d registration said the line will be activated in one hour, I tried it after one hour nothing came up, it's been more than 24hrs now and I can't still use d line

Hi sorry about this, kindly visit the nearest MTN office to register your line. - HA
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Captain3star(m): 12:14pm On Aug 18, 2014
JideSM:

I have text NO to 131 and I am ready to change the plan thanks
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Captain3star(m): 12:23pm On Aug 18, 2014
@jide pls I am waiting for you
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 12:33pm On Aug 18, 2014
Captain3star: I have text NO to 131 and I am ready to change the plan thanks

kindly send your phone number for assistance.- HA
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by WCUB3(m): 6:41pm On Aug 18, 2014
Pls help BBM for Android not connecting on mobile network. It only connects via wifi, am on night plan, network is good, browsing ans other apps workingfine. I kkeep getting the error message in the screen shot below

Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 2:32pm On Aug 19, 2014
WCUB3: Pls help BBM for Android not connecting on mobile network. It only connects via wifi, am on night plan, network is good, browsing ans other apps workingfine. I kkeep getting the error message in the screen shot below

Please do the following on your phone:
Go to SETTINGS>MORE SETTINGS>MOBILE NETWORKS>ACCESS POINT NAMES
Select MTN GPRS or MTN ACCESS (whichever you see), select PROXY and remove the values there and select OK.
Go to PORT and do the same thing.
So your PROXY and PORT will change to NOT SET. Next press the menu button on the left of your phone and select SAVE
Restart your phone afterwards and launch your BBM, you should get a positive response.

1 Like

Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by WCUB3(m): 7:56pm On Aug 19, 2014
Whooop! Thanks it worked

JideSM:

Please do the following on your phone:
Go to SETTINGS>MORE SETTINGS>MOBILE NETWORKS>ACCESS POINT NAMES
Select MTN GPRS or MTN ACCESS (whichever you see), select PROXY and remove the values there and select OK.
Go to PORT and do the same thing.
So your PROXY and PORT will change to NOT SET. Next press the menu button on the left of your phone and select SAVE
Restart your phone afterwards and launch your BBM, you should get a positive response.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by confetti(f): 7:57pm On Aug 19, 2014
Dear Jide,

I subscribed to mtn bbmaxim and was using this until I lost my bbz3o early last month an has not been able to get a new one.

I retrieved my line from Mtn after sending mail of loosing ma phone. My bbmaxim data for July was not used as a result of loosing my phone so I waited to cancel the subscription when it expires in August but unfortunately, mtn sent me an auto renewal without notice and deducted 3000 from my account as I am on post paid.
I quickly called mtn customer care line to deactivate the subscription as the phone am currently using does not use the data which they could also see that previous month data was not used. This was subsequently deactivated by the agent that attended to me but its surprising to see that mtn did not refund the 3000 debited from my account.

I called mtn at night of that same day but was told mtn cannot refund th 3000 by the agent that attended to me but will stop deducting my account from subsequent months.

I found this absurd and have written twice to mtn about this and got a response that software for refund application is down and my credit will be refunded once it comes up.

Please note that as I am writing now, mtn has suspended my line from making callls because they said I do not have enough credit even when my balance is -4700 against 5000 credit limit on my phone.

Please mtn should kindly credit my account with the 3000 deducted to enable me offset my balance or be ready to loose the 10-15k I load on this line monthly as I am not going to recharge that line until the 3000 is refunded.

Also, I keep getting a text message telling me my data comsumption is 0kb thus 0.01 has been deducted from my account and this keeps coming like every 30 seconds. I want this stopped too I know that my money is going based on how many times I get this message in a day. I have just received 2 of such message as I am typing now.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Godwin978(m): 10:29pm On Aug 19, 2014
you can call me tomorrow at 2pm or send me a new transfer pin,ve been trying to get through CC for more than three days now,they refuse to pick my calls
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 12:15am On Aug 20, 2014
Godwin978: you can call me tomorrow at 2pm or send me a new transfer pin,ve been trying to get through CC for more than three days now,they refuse to pick my calls

Hi Godwin978, there is an upgrade on our MTN Share and Sell. You are required to change your old PIN. Kindly send 'default PIN (space) new PIN (space) new PIN to 777. The default PIN is 0000. Regards.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 12:18am On Aug 20, 2014
confetti: Dear Jide,

I subscribed to mtn bbmaxim and was using this until I lost my bbz3o early last month an has not been able to get a new one.

I retrieved my line from Mtn after sending mail of loosing ma phone. My bbmaxim data for July was not used as a result of loosing my phone so I waited to cancel the subscription when it expires in August but unfortunately, mtn sent me an auto renewal without notice and deducted 3000 from my account as I am on post paid.
I quickly called mtn customer care line to deactivate the subscription as the phone am currently using does not use the data which they could also see that previous month data was not used. This was subsequently deactivated by the agent that attended to me but its surprising to see that mtn did not refund the 3000 debited from my account.

I called mtn at night of that same day but was told mtn cannot refund th 3000 by the agent that attended to me but will stop deducting my account from subsequent months.

I found this absurd and have written twice to mtn about this and got a response that software for refund application is down and my credit will be refunded once it comes up.

Please note that as I am writing now, mtn has suspended my line from making callls because they said I do not have enough credit even when my balance is -4700 against 5000 credit limit on my phone.

Please mtn should kindly credit my account with the 3000 deducted to enable me offset my balance or be ready to loose the 10-15k I load on this line monthly as I am not going to recharge that line until the 3000 is refunded.

Also, I keep getting a text message telling me my data comsumption is 0kb thus 0.01 has been deducted from my account and this keeps coming like every 30 seconds. I want this stopped too I know that my money is going based on how many times I get this message in a day. I have just received 2 of such message as I am typing now.

Hi Confetti, kindly send your mobile number via PM for checks. Regards
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by onnairaland(f): 9:42am On Aug 20, 2014
Pls sir, how do I send a direct msg to MTN so they can deactivate my CNN news alert? The 180/181 doesn't have ways of connecting to their CC again. Can u assist me on this? Thanks in advance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (256) (Reply)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Mobile Phone Antivirus Software Download - Free. / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.