Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,711 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? (14368 Views)

PHOTO: How Gov. Fashola Wants Lagos Commercial Bus Conductor To Look Like / Uniform For Lagos Commercial Bus-Drivers & Conductors / FG Scraps NECO, NAPEP, Cancels UTME & Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by Vincent41(m): 1:47pm On Aug 01, 2013
solomon111: Fashola has banned keke napep in some major commercial parts of lagos state.
SILVERBIRD NEWS.
*more details coming shortly*

4k DAT STUPID LAGOS GOVERNOR
Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by Anitaonuoha: 1:49pm On Aug 01, 2013
Lusola15: OK. Soon he will start banning cars
d tin tire me o
Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by chi3280(m): 1:51pm On Aug 01, 2013
naptu2: The keke has only been banned from some roads, so they can still operate in the interior and I know that there are alternatives for the keke riders, but my only disappointment is that it's taking too long to put in place the transport alternatives.

I had hoped that the Lagoon Bridge would have been under construction by now and that the first phase of the Blue Line (Orile-Mile 2) would have been up and running.
naptu, you need to go to ikeja and see how lagosians have been suffering since the ban of okada in ikeja area. you need to see how helpless lagosians queue at end of medical/ simbiat abiola way opposite Awolowo house to wait for keke napep to convey them to Allen,Opebi, Alausa and Oregun. Banning Keke napep without another alternative means of transport is just wicked! people are suffering!!! cry

1 Like

Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by kelviniro(m): 1:52pm On Aug 01, 2013
You are not being fair enought what is there to be God fearing some people do this for a living. And all you do is to praise him. You relation some how might be affected by this
Ngwakwe: APC has come to sweep away poverty and poor people out of Lagos State.

Congratulations to Lagosians for having a God "supplied" Governor
Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by oluwamikkie: 1:57pm On Aug 01, 2013
nice 1
Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by Ishilove: 2:06pm On Aug 01, 2013
naptu2:

That's not english! It's Batu. Musiwa speaks and writes Batu.
Lol cheesy
Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by naptu2: 2:13pm On Aug 01, 2013
chi 3280: naptu, you need to go to ikeja and see how lagosians have been suffering since the ban of okada in ikeja area. you need to see how helpless lagosians queue at end of medical/ simbiat abiola way opposite Awolowo house to wait for keke napep to convey them to Allen,Opebi, Alausa and Oregun. Banning Keke napep without another alternative means of transport is just wicked! people are suffering!!! cry

I was there about 2 weeks ago. The park and ride scheme, the LRT, etc will take care of that, but I don't know why they are taking forever to implement.
Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by naptu2: 2:14pm On Aug 01, 2013
Ishilove:
Lol cheesy

grin
Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by Koolking(m): 2:50pm On Aug 01, 2013
seedord247:

Bro its not tooo late to embrace civilization. cheesy

Which civilization are you talking about? Where is the civilization you are referring to? Did you mean civilization in corruption or sophistication of corruption. Do you think, it's too early to embrace civilized leaders? Is it too early to expunge corruption from our system?

If you meant 'civilization' in entirety, is it not supposed to be all encompassing with attendance access to social, economic, mental, judicial opportunities for 'all'? Civilization accumulates steadily with time and factors. You don't push the majority to the wall and brag of civilization. Restiveness does not inspire civilization rather it inspires destruction. Poverty level is phenomenal in Nigeria, a good government who has the interest of its people at heart put effort to address the rate of policy-induced idleness of the people. There is no civilization without the people. Leverage infrastructures other things fall into place. If there is a commensurate investment in infrastructures, there'll be a leapfrog to change by the people. Infrastructures will automatically displace all what you see as albatross to mega-city 'dream' (not reality). I can honestly tell you, the motive of bans in Lagos is not for a collective interest, it's a means of protecting the investment of the rich. Lagos is gradually becoming a state for the minority few. Since the ban of Okada what infrastructure have you noticed in place to quell the backlash of that ban.

Please, Nigeria is ours, let not allow our partisan and tribal sentiments swallow us in the face of truth and reality. Let's be OBJECTIVE.

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by dayokanu(m): 3:31pm On Aug 01, 2013
PapaBrowne: There is no way ACN/APC is winning Lagos in 2015. PDP will not win Lagos either.

The cards are stacked huge against them. From Okada riders to Keke to Igbo traders to non indigenes.

These are also banned in the Edo state you claim to come from
Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by titilayo02: 3:35pm On Aug 01, 2013
Ngwakwe: APC has come to sweep away poverty and poor people out of Lagos State.

Congratulations to Lagosians for having a God "supplied" Governor
IS THAT SO ? na wa ooooooooooo
Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by baby124: 3:38pm On Aug 01, 2013
Fashola should introduce more buses to bridge the gap. Also, ban those buses that private companies use for public transport. Only LAG approved transport should be used. LASG employed drivers only should drive the buses and he should introduce an electronic transport card system so no one cheats them. Nice one on the keke napep. But please there should be better alternatives.
Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by naptu2: 4:10pm On Aug 01, 2013
baby_123: Fashola should introduce more buses to bridge the gap. Also, ban those buses that private companies use for public transport. Only LAG approved transport should be used. LASG employed drivers only should drive the buses and he should introduce an electronic transport card system so no one cheats them. Nice one on the keke napep. But please there should be better alternatives.

It's going to be EXTREMELY difficult to ban those buses. Tinubu tried to ban them in 2003, but it led to chaos.

The solution does not lie in buses alone, but in a multi-modal transport system (getting people off the roads). The government is already implementing a multi-modal system. My only problem with them is that they are too slow.

There's going to be:

1) A metro rail system (LRT)

2) A cable-car system (LCCT)

3) A ferry system (Eko Water Buses)

4) The bus system (BRT)

5) LASMI Cabs.

6) Park and Ride (bicycle lanes, etc).

2 Likes

Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by naptu2: 4:12pm On Aug 01, 2013
Read more about Tinubu's 2003 attempt to ban danfo, the LRT, LCCT, BRT, Eko Water buses, etc on this thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/1218704/history-public-transportation-lagos
Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by Erifenz: 4:33pm On Aug 01, 2013
That keke na dust bin
Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by vivaciousvivi(f): 5:52pm On Aug 01, 2013
Usually I drive to work and other places of social interest over the weekend.
However, I had to write a professional exam on Tues so I took a taxi in order get to the center on time.
Thereafter, I decided to take a bus home, afterall...what was the rush? And it would save me some money too.
If only I knew! I got to the major bus stop and alighted.
Lo and behold, not a single Okada guy in sight! Keke Napep too I heard had stopped operating there.
I almost died o. Under the hot sun before i got a bike after walking some distance.
Seriously, Fashola is making things tougher for some people and its not right! I have had my taste of the disadvantage of this law and it isn't funny at all!! angry
Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by IleIfe2(m): 6:27pm On Aug 01, 2013
musiwa36: With the level of poverty in nigeria. It is wise to make them unemployed.

If you claim that revenue to the state from LAGBUS.

When you throw over 600,000 Okada riders out of a Job within a week. Is that a wise decision. You have created 600,000 unemployed people. in a city of just 20 million . In a day. When you look at the ripple effect to the economy it is not a wise decision. It create back crash in the economy.

Is that a wise decision. That is a stupid decision. How much is lagbus making per day, that you will create 600,000 criminal in one day.

If you claim income generation as your reason from lagbus. It is a stupid reason. Because if you have 600,000 you are better given them weekly fee for them to pay the government than put them on the unemployment market. if he claim His commissioners advise him to make that decision, do you think they merit leadership.

What type of decision is that.

What is leadership. Is a leader someone who destroy the life of thousand for just for some few people interest. Is that leadership. that is not leadership.

I dont care what US or Uk do. A wise leader most look at its environment to make wise decision. That was not a good decision.

Leadership is not about making the life of Adenuga better or Adeboye or dangote for the life of millions.. That is bad leadership.

A govt is about making many people life better and not of few.

"You are a bad leader, if you pick few for plenty, A leader satisfies majority and not a few." --- Musiwa 7/31/2013

I have been a leader most of my life from the age of 13 and I have had to lead people and make decision for them.
I will say "I am a people people and not a someone people --- Musiwa 7/31/2013

Is Lagos state government the federal government? Lagos state owes nobody a source of living. How much is the federal government allocating to Lagos state?
Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by naptu2: 6:29pm On Aug 01, 2013
Ile-Ife:

Is Lagos state government the federal government? Lagos state owes nobody a source of living. How much is the federal government allocating to Lagos state?

shocked you mean. . . you want to argue with Musiwa?
Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by 2mch(m): 6:32pm On Aug 01, 2013
naptu2:

shocked you mean. . . you want to argue with Musiwa?

Hes a very brave guy shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by musiwa36: 7:34pm On Aug 01, 2013
lagos state own everybody in lagos to create a means of earning income that is what government is about. you should resign your position in goverment if as a leader you cant create jobs for the people by influence business within your domain to create more employment.

i will advise fashola and all state involve to undone the laws. like i said if the issue of safety is involve. you will advice all the okada to be redesign to be three wheelers to make them balance on the ground and stable. and it will slow them down. having side car. this is the solution. you can require side car before allowing them to use it.

by the time the train start working it will create mass unemployment , so you need to find alternative for this people too. crime will increase.
Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by Plshavmercyamen: 7:50pm On Aug 01, 2013
I can imagine the hardship that lagos residents must have to pass through and d attendant lose of livelihood as a result of this ban. But, can we recall the curse and bad blood dat trailed d ban of okada in lagos and indeed other states where it was banned? Then, can anybody tell me now that those states and people dat had d courage to ban and endure the ban are not better of it? I bet u all that in the next two or three years we will all come bk here to celebrate the ban with nostalgia. So, My pple pls lets look at the big picture to motivate us to sacrifice a little and enjoy forever.
Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by Highbe(m): 8:49pm On Aug 01, 2013
musiwa36: With the level of poverty in nigeria. It is wise to make them unemployed.

If you claim that revenue to the state from LAGBUS.

When you throw over 600,000 Okada riders out of a Job within a week. Is that a wise decision. You have created 600,000 unemployed people. in a city of just 20 million . In a day. When you look at the ripple effect to the economy it is not a wise decision. It create back crash in the economy.

Is that a wise decision. That is a stupid decision. How much is lagbus making per day, that you will create 600,000 criminal in one day.

If you claim income generation as your reason from lagbus. It is a stupid reason. Because if you have 600,000 you are better given them weekly fee for them to pay the government than put them on the unemployment market. if he claim His commissioners advise him to make that decision, do you think they merit leadership.

What type of decision is that.

What is leadership. Is a leader someone who destroy the life of thousand for just for some few people interest. Is that leadership. that is not leadership.

I dont care what US or Uk do. A wise leader most look at its environment to make wise decision. That was not a good decision.

Leadership is not about making the life of Adenuga better or Adeboye or dangote for the life of millions.. That is bad leadership.

A govt is about making many people life better and not of few.

"You are a bad leader, if you pick few for plenty, A leader satisfies majority and not a few." --- Musiwa 7/31/2013

I have been a leader most of my life from the age of 13 and I have had to lead people and make decision for them.
I will say "I am a people people and not a someone people --- Musiwa 7/31/2013

look each okada rider has 3 person depending on them. a wife and 2 children. making a family of 4. it gives you 2.4 million you have destroy their means of life hood.

2.4 million people is 12% of the population of lagos. some of them their children will become doctors and lawyer tomorrow but you have destroy that chance for their children. i will undone such a decision.
may God bless u my bros.
Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by holluwai(m): 8:55pm On Aug 01, 2013
How better can a Reptyle think?

Reptyle:

You'll be pleasantly surprised at how much better she'll look after 1 month of regular walking cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by rockbase360: 7:09am On Aug 02, 2013
LET THE TRIBAL WAR BEGIN
Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 02, 2013
chi 3280: naptu, you need to go to ikeja and see how lagosians have been suffering since the ban of okada in ikeja area. you need to see how helpless lagosians queue at end of medical/ simbiat abiola way opposite Awolowo house to wait for keke napep to convey them to Allen,Opebi, Alausa and Oregun. Banning Keke napep without another alternative means of transport is just wicked! people are suffering!!! cry

These people are impervious to reason, so there is no need to try to reason with them. The wickedness is made worse by the brazen lies they are shamelessly throwing at us to justify these punitive policies targeted at the millions of poor and struggling Lagosians.

Granted, Keke Napeps and Okadas should not be allowed to ply major roads. The question therefore arises: What is a "major" road? Is Ikeja GRA a "major" road? Is Allen Avenue/Opebi a "major" road? Is Ikoyi a "major" road?

Any sensible person would define major roads as dual carriage highways and express ways that would be unsafe for Keke Napep to operate in, such as Ikorodu Road, Oshodi-Apapa express way, Third Mainland Bridge, Western Avenue/ Eko Bridge, Airport Road, Lekki-Ajah express way, etc. If you ban Okadas and Keke Napep from these MAJOR roads, reasonable persons woukd easily understand why, especially since there are readily available (and AFFORDABLE, forget taxis) alternatives such danfo buses and so forth that ply these major routes.

On the other hand, restricting cheap means of transportation from 'high class' neighbourhoods such as Ikeja GRA, Ikoyi, Victoria Island, Opebi and so on is essentially an elitist action that has NOTHING to do with ensuring safety and whatnot. What is the justification for banning Keke Napep from these areas, without FIRST providing equally affordable alternatives? How do you expect millions of commuters that have business in these areas to cope? As usual, I don't expect the ACN zombies on NL to have answers; their brains have been compromised.
Re: Keke-Napep Banned In Some Lagos Commercial Areas ? by Mhizsleek(f): 4:28pm On Aug 02, 2013
Very soon there would be no means of transport in Lagos again cos I'm sure that Fashola man is ready to ban Jeeps, Range Rovers and the likes.
The question is : does this man really have a heart? Nigerian leaders are not after our progress at all and it is not fair

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP May Move Against Governor Fayose / Gregory Ibe: Why All Parties Must Zone 2023 Presidency To South East / Bandits Sack Sokoto Villages, Appoints District Heads In Those Communities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.