Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,245 members, 7,815,352 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Seven Surprising Mistakes In Marriages. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Seven Surprising Mistakes In Marriages. (33187 Views)

How To End “the Silent Treatment” In Marriages / What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? / Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seven Surprising Mistakes In Marriages. by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 02, 2013
#5 ...... But hon you should know undecided ....like seriously, are you for real right now? How am I supposed to know, I don't read minds. cheesy
Re: Seven Surprising Mistakes In Marriages. by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 02, 2013
50calibre: Splitting the chores 50-50 WTF? As far as Africa is concerned, any man who even discusses splitting of chores with the wife is a foolish man.

The wife is supposed to perform all chores a 100% no questions asked, she is supposed to perform them happily and gracefully, if she's having difficulties performing them, then she should discuss hiring a help but telling your husband to come join you perform chores is a height of disrespect, I've never seen it before.

You will hear am today. grin

1 Like

Re: Seven Surprising Mistakes In Marriages. by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 02, 2013
Rubbish, any couple experiencing those mistakes in their marriage shouldn't have gotten married in the first place.
Re: Seven Surprising Mistakes In Marriages. by Lollycutie(f): 4:02pm On Aug 02, 2013
50calibre: Splitting the chores 50-50 WTF? As far as Africa is concerned, any man who even discusses splitting of chores with the wife is a foolish man.

The wife is supposed to perform all chores a 100% no questions asked, she is supposed to perform them happily and gracefully, if she's having difficulties performing them, then she should discuss hiring a help but telling your husband to come join you perform chores is a height of disrespect, I've never seen it before.

U b mugu,so if u help ur wife 4 house ur brokos go cut commot ni?Idiota men lik u shud b castrated cos they are not men.A good loving n caring man should help his wife cos she's got blood,flesh n bones like u n not iron n steel so u shud b happy helping her out cos she is surely helping out with financing d home mugu.Stupid pride,stupid foolish orientation.smteeeew rubbish
Re: Seven Surprising Mistakes In Marriages. by devour129: 4:16pm On Aug 02, 2013
marleymcintosh: Splitting chores 50:50 would be great if we also split financial responsibilities 50:50!
exactly ! Am a lady but am tired of all this 50:50 thingy.women do your work and let the men do there's.this is one of reason marriages are failing.when you marry with the mind your hubby will sweep house with you.

4 Likes

Re: Seven Surprising Mistakes In Marriages. by biolabee(m): 4:16pm On Aug 02, 2013

are you being sarcastic or really serious...
Re: Seven Surprising Mistakes In Marriages. by biolabee(m): 4:19pm On Aug 02, 2013
devour129: exactly ! Am a lady but am tired of all this 50:50 thingy.women do your work and let the men do there's.this is one of reason marriages are failing.when you marry with the mind your hubby will sweep house with you.

I dont know about percentages but not helping around in the home is not necessarily a sign of machismo

Changing the baby, feeding are all nice things fathers shd do to bond with their baby and help
Its not easy in the early months for a woman to do it all alone

Moreover these same women also work..

But please whats your point.. are marriages failing because women are working?
Re: Seven Surprising Mistakes In Marriages. by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 02, 2013
yellowpawpaw: where did u grow up? Zamfara state? Near yerima house?
jydogirl12:

You will hear am today. grin
vivavik: huh? U still deh learn o, abi u no deh this world? I've seen gentle men split the job themselves
Lollycutie: U b mugu,so if u help ur wife 4 house ur brokos go cut commot ni?Idiota men lik u shud b castrated cos they are not men.A good loving n caring man should help his wife cos she's got blood,flesh n bones like u n not iron n steel so u shud b happy helping her out cos she is surely helping out with financing d home mugu.Stupid pride,stupid foolish orientation.smteeeew rubbish
biolabee:

are you being sarcastic or really serious...

grin grin grin

But @ 50calibre........good luck in finding your wife
Re: Seven Surprising Mistakes In Marriages. by PStacks(m): 4:38pm On Aug 02, 2013
Very lovely piece.
Re: Seven Surprising Mistakes In Marriages. by PStacks(m): 4:42pm On Aug 02, 2013
I wish one very decent nairaland girl would just ask me out..

Seriously when I marry, I want to be a stay at home dad.. A voluntary House-Boy..
Walahi that's my Dream.. I'm not kidding. I swearagad. My wife would be the luckiest cos I don't like going out.. Only watching TV and cooking and washing plates and laundry and sweeping. I love to wash cars ehhhn!

Pls intrested babes should send their C.V.. All I need is a girl to ask me out..

www.Nscdc that's all.

1 Like

Re: Seven Surprising Mistakes In Marriages. by Glamglam(f): 4:58pm On Aug 02, 2013
P.Stacks:
I wish one very decent nairaland girl would just ask me out..

Seriously when I marry, I want to be a stay at home dad.. A voluntary House-Boy..
Walahi that's my Dream.. I'm not kidding. I swearagad. My wife would be the luckiest cos I don't like going out.. Only watching TV and cooking and washing plates and laundry and sweeping. I love to wash cars ehhhn!

Pls intrested babes should send their C.V.. All I need is a girl to ask me out..

www.Nscdc that's all.

Shame I'm already married lol jokes! grin
Re: Seven Surprising Mistakes In Marriages. by devour129: 5:34pm On Aug 02, 2013
biolabee:

I dont know about percentages but helping around in the home is necessarily a sign of machismo

Changing the baby, feeding are all nice things fathers shd do to bond with their baby and help
Its not easy in the early months for a woman to do it all alone

Moreover these same women also work..

But please whats your point.. are marriages failing because women are working?
if you marry a good man,he will always step up when nessecary .its not a must n no one should force it,it's just what it is
Re: Seven Surprising Mistakes In Marriages. by judedwriter(m): 6:00pm On Aug 02, 2013
I think d greatest mistake we make in marriage is marrying the wrong spouse! This mistake clearly overshadows every other mistake. Too much pressure dey on naija ladies to marry,and they dey make dis mistake 2much!

1 Like

Re: Seven Surprising Mistakes In Marriages. by 50calibre(m): 6:06pm On Aug 02, 2013
adaobi123:

grin grin grin

But @ 50calibre........good luck in finding your wife

Hahaha how do you know I haven't found already?
Re: Seven Surprising Mistakes In Marriages. by 50calibre(m): 6:15pm On Aug 02, 2013
Lollycutie: U b mugu,so if u help ur wife 4 house ur brokos go cut commot ni?Idiota men lik u shud b castrated cos they are not men.A good loving n caring man should help his wife cos she's got blood,flesh n bones like u n not iron n steel so u shud b happy helping her out cos she is surely helping out with financing d home mugu.Stupid pride,stupid foolish orientation.smteeeew rubbish

You and the others bleating about what I said should tell me would you be willing to share financial responsibilities 50-50? If NO then you lot need to STFU, you have no choice but to do as your husbands tells you.
Re: Seven Surprising Mistakes In Marriages. by Elevation(m): 6:40pm On Aug 02, 2013
Just like what d OP said earlier u can see it now that most young adults on this forum are already arguing about 50:50 chore thing.Dont share chores or financial matters 50:50 u guys (Man and Woman) got married for several purposes and also to pro-create and raise Godly children so as to better this planet sharing domestic chores should be highly discouraged do things together in True Love and humility,dont follow the pattern of the World,pray for God's direction or else the problem just started.

1 Like

Re: Seven Surprising Mistakes In Marriages. by biolabee(m): 7:09pm On Aug 02, 2013
Hmmm..

Just feel helping out in d home should be joint

No problem

devour129: if you marry a good man,he will always step up when nessecary .its not a must n no one should force it,it's just what it is
Re: Seven Surprising Mistakes In Marriages. by Nobody: 9:51pm On Aug 02, 2013
I Know of many raised points there but the Number 1 was a kinda Joy Killer embarassed

Though its got a nice backup reasoning to it.

Nice article - Damn! Julie u getting 75% of the Chores for real! cheesy
Re: Seven Surprising Mistakes In Marriages. by Nobody: 10:02pm On Aug 02, 2013
Helping out once in a while ain't the issue, it's the feeling of 'less-importance' she gets whenever u do d chores... Due to ur touch of excellence and perfection. So sometimes u just understand when she says 'honey, this is my space'... Especially when the financial formular is 100-0. Don't forget, I was once a Bachelor and doing all my chores alone long before she came along. However, its still good to just help out sha. Nice post @OP, May God bless our homes, Amen!
Re: Seven Surprising Mistakes In Marriages. by damiso(f): 10:10pm On Aug 02, 2013
Nice article greatgod, I am so guilty of the wanting to talk all night sad.If we dont thrash out issues, I could probably be awake all night.I am learning to let things go sha cos my husband is not much of a talker and I know I frustrate the poor guy by over analysing sometimes embarassed

As for chores, do people really sit down like a proper conference and allocate chores .Anyway sha different stroke s undecided.Our method is whatever needs doing should be done by whoever is available and willing (often me sha grin) at the time.I could spend 4 hrs today bulk cooking and tomorrow he makes breakfast (he makes the meanest eggs ever smiley).I could load the washing machine and he unloads.In short whoever is available is who does it.Though we both have things we are naturally disposed to doing.I think its odd actually allocating chores, reminds me of boarding school.

1 Like

Re: Seven Surprising Mistakes In Marriages. by Sike(m): 10:27pm On Aug 02, 2013
Subscribed
Re: Seven Surprising Mistakes In Marriages. by dabrake(m): 10:43pm On Aug 02, 2013
Bookmarked!
Re: Seven Surprising Mistakes In Marriages. by temi4fash(m): 11:08pm On Aug 02, 2013
blink182: Rubbish, any couple experiencing those mistakes in their marriage shouldn't have gotten married in the first place.

bros i tire for u ooo...

No marriage is perfect nau...

Marriage is the agreement btw two imperfect pple to try n complement each oda.. So mistake gat dai, so bros dere is no perfect marriage and if u expecting one u on a long thing..... We will just pray not to carry more than we can cope with.

1 Like

Re: Seven Surprising Mistakes In Marriages. by Miraclebaby1109: 11:31pm On Aug 02, 2013
Very educating and eye opening, although am guilty of number 5
Re: Seven Surprising Mistakes In Marriages. by Saipro(m): 11:57pm On Aug 02, 2013
So obvious yet so neglected. These are things we know. I guess we truly are creatures of habit
Re: Seven Surprising Mistakes In Marriages. by Ishilove: 3:12am On Aug 03, 2013

Bullshit
Re: Seven Surprising Mistakes In Marriages. by Ishilove: 3:13am On Aug 03, 2013
obadiah777: yeah number 2. i hear sex ends after marriage cheesy
You heard wrong undecided
Re: Seven Surprising Mistakes In Marriages. by Ishilove: 3:15am On Aug 03, 2013
50calibre:

You and the others bleating about what I said should tell me would you be willing to share financial responsibilities 50-50? If NO then you lot need to STFU, you have no choice but to do as your husbands tells you.
I feel so sorry for the woman who will marry you
Re: Seven Surprising Mistakes In Marriages. by hassymo5(m): 8:34am On Aug 03, 2013
as a man some woman feel its a must to do it ... when u start helping,, as for me i help when i feel to help... no woman will make it a must... i cook when i feel like without any person telling me i sweep when i feel like,, but for a woman now to feel it a must do it bcoms something else....
some women help financially but other wont abit ,,when money is involve is a man job even he doesnt have she wont help... so marriage is all about understanding and patience

if you dont have patience and tolerance dont marry.. cos u can neva on this earth get a perfect man or woman...
Re: Seven Surprising Mistakes In Marriages. by chumakk: 8:48am On Aug 03, 2013
good write up
Re: Seven Surprising Mistakes In Marriages. by dedifferrence(m): 9:50am On Aug 03, 2013
Obviously written by an economist

1 Like

Re: Seven Surprising Mistakes In Marriages. by pianogirl(f): 11:20am On Aug 03, 2013
dedifferrence: Obviously written by an economist
My thoughts exactly...You just took the words right from my mouth.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Check Out These Stunning Muslim Sisters / Why Do Nigerian Women Endure Abuses In Marriage? / Nigerian Lady Buys Her Husband A Benz To Mark Their 7th Wedding Anniversary.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.