Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,024 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- (33195 Views)

What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? / The Early Church Vs The Modern Church / Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 11:11am On Aug 05, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
@Superior,
i am trying to help you understand and you do not want to be patient to understand?
Well, thank God you said, after marriage comes sex or as expected....so, you dont know if it was consunmated or not.

Maria, when a couple gets married, sex comes natural. If you want to know if the guests go into the bedroom with them, i will answer no (atleast that is abnormal). What is the point you are trying to make?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Syncan(m): 11:12am On Aug 05, 2013
superior1:

Then this my response to your question too

Then I stay with what I do, you stay with not knowing why I do what I do.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 11:14am On Aug 05, 2013
Syncan:

Then I stay with what I do, you stay with not knowing why I do what I do.

Thanks for coming sir
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 11:15am On Aug 05, 2013
superior1:

Maria, when a couple gets married, sex comes natural. If you want to know if the guests go into the bedroom with them, i will answer no (atleast that is normal). What is the point you are trying to make?
sex comes natural but not all couples have sex after marriage....period.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 11:17am On Aug 05, 2013
my people ojare, who has read this book: Angels on Earth...?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Syncan(m): 11:18am On Aug 05, 2013
superior1:

Thanks for coming sir

Seems you've forgotten the title of the thread,this is my home zone.You are the stranger, so have a nice journey back.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Syncan(m): 11:19am On Aug 05, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
my people ojare, who has read this book: Angels on Earth...?

What is it all about?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 11:21am On Aug 05, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
sex comes natural but not all couples have sex after marriage....period.

grin grin hahaha Mariaaa!, even you must agree this point is not a serious one. Even if i agree with this assertion, how is this relevant to our discuss? or let me use my head (like you advised earlier). Some couples are asexual and do not have intimacy even after marriage and an example is Mary and Joseph, right?

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 11:22am On Aug 05, 2013
Syncan:

Seems you've forgotten the title of the thread,this is my home zone.You are the stranger, so have a nice journey back.

Your opinion right?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 11:24am On Aug 05, 2013
Syncan:

What is it all about?
its a true life story about a man who was visited by angels......and brought messages from God concerning many happenings in this world. Those messages were actually lifted from the bible and explained thouroughly. That was where I came to know that God knew everything that was going to happen even before he created the world...its a nice one...will love more people to read it.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Syncan(m): 11:25am On Aug 05, 2013
superior1:

Your opinion right?

Aha, He is now attaching himself.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 11:27am On Aug 05, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
its a true life story about a man who was visited by angels......and brought messages from God concerning many happenings in this world. Those messages were actually lifted from the bible and explained thouroughly. That was where I came to know that God knew everything that was going to happen even before he created the world...its a nice one...will love more people to read it.

Sounds interesting, if all he said are in the Bible then i must get the book. The Bible is the inspired words of God and should be our basis for any teaching or doctrine. A Christian literature must have her root in the bible lest it be of demons
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 11:27am On Aug 05, 2013
superior1:

grin grin hahaha Mariaaa!, even you must agree this point is not a serious one. Even if i agree with this assertion, how is this relevant to our discuss? or let me use my head (like you advised earlier). Some couples are asexual and do not have intimacy even after marriage and an example is Mary and Joseph, right?
I was just answering your question....but as it is, you still remain unteachable. I have already made my points earlier.....whether you believe it or not, Catholic church still remains and its doctrines and teachings do not change...so, bro, wanna discuss something more beneficial with my people, ok?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Syncan(m): 11:28am On Aug 05, 2013
Maria-Goretti:

If you have the full title or the author, do try to post it.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 11:29am On Aug 05, 2013
superior1:

Sounds interesting, if all he said are in the Bible then i must get the book. The Bible is the inspired words of God and should be our basis for any teaching or doctrine. A Christian literature must have her root in the bible lest it be of demons
taken....have heard you.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 11:30am On Aug 05, 2013
Syncan:

If you have the full title or the author, do try to post it.
will try to get it.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 11:33am On Aug 05, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
I was just answering your question....but as it is, you still remain unteachable. I have already made my points earlier.....whether you believe it or not, Catholic church still remains and its doctrines and teachings do not change...so, bro, wanna discuss something more beneficial with my people, ok?

Am i not one of your people or have i been excommunicated?

Every doctrine not found in the Bible is of satan and so is any dogma
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Syncan(m): 11:33am On Aug 05, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
taken....have heard you.

Let him continue making claims he cannot prove. Thanks in advance anyway for the book details.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 11:34am On Aug 05, 2013
superior1:

Am i not one of your people or have i been excommunicated?

Every doctrine not found in the Bible is of satan and so is any dogma
I don hear nah....
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 11:37am On Aug 05, 2013
Syncan:

Let him continue making claims he cannot prove. Thanks in advance anyway for the book details.

Whereas you can prove from the bible, how Mary got married to both Holy Spirit and Joseph, how he remain a virgin for life (afterall Jesus dropped from her mouth), how Joseph was just a helper, how Jesus brothers were is cousin

2 Likes

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Syncan(m): 11:38am On Aug 05, 2013
superior1:

Whereas you can prove from the bible, how Mary got married to both Holy Spirit and Joseph, how he remain a virgin for life (afterall Jesus dropped from her mouth), how Joseph was just a helper, how Jesus brothers were is cousin

It is you who claimed that all you practice is written in the bible.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 11:40am On Aug 05, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
I don hear nah....

James 1:22
New American Standard Bible
But prove yourselves doers of the word, and not merely hearers who delude themselves.

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 11:41am On Aug 05, 2013
Syncan:

It is you who claimed that all you practice is written in the bible.

I said all practice should be from the Bible
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 11:48am On Aug 05, 2013
Syncan:

you welcome.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Syncan(m): 11:55am On Aug 05, 2013
superior1:

I said all practice should be from the Bible

Why?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 12:05pm On Aug 05, 2013
Syncan:

Why?

(I love your move, i was expecting it)

2 Timothy 3:16

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Syncan(m): 12:15pm On Aug 05, 2013
superior1:

(I love your move, i was expecting it)

2 Timothy 3:16

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

1. That post says that everything in the bible is good for doctrine, correction, etc

2. That post did not say that nothing else is good for doctrine, correction etc.

3. That post says that 2thess2:15 is good for doctrine, correction etc..

4. I asked why bible? and you are answering with what the bible say.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 12:39pm On Aug 05, 2013
Syncan:

1. That post says that everything in the bible is good for doctrine, correction, etc

Yes and much more, it says the bible is for doctrine, correction. Meaning when talking of doctrine the bible should be used

Syncan:
2. That post did not say that nothing else is good for doctrine, correction etc.
Exactly, he didnt mention any thing else apart from the bible, so why should we believe there is more?. You can read more in the following places

2 Timothy 4
King James Version (KJV)
4 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine. (that was the same doctrine he mentioned in 3:16 which should be from the scriptures, why looking for more)

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Syncan:
3. That post says that 2thess2:15 is good for doctrine, correction etc..

Which post?

15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

Those traditions has already been taught

Syncan:
4. I asked why bible? and you are answering with what the bible say.

You have answer that question yourself, the Bible is the inspired word of God.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Syncan(m): 1:54pm On Aug 05, 2013
superior1:

Yes and much more, it says the bible is for doctrine, correction. Meaning when talking of doctrine the bible should be used

The bolded is Your Opinion only, not what it said. There is a difference between "could" and "should"

superior1:
Exactly, he didnt mention any thing else apart from the bible, so why should we believe there is more?. You can read more in the following places

You should believe there is more because "And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen" (Jn21:25).

Add this to:

"Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.(2Thess2:15)

superior1:
2 Timothy 4
King James Version (KJV)
4 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine. (that was the same doctrine he mentioned in 3:16 which should be from the scriptures, why looking for more)

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Irrelevant quotes cannot help your case, stick to the issue at hand. "Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

superior1:
Which post?

15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

Those traditions has already been taught

Yes some were taught in words and not written, so not everything is written in the bible, the bible said so and not Syncan.

superior1:
You have answer that question yourself, the Bible is the inspired word of God.

I answered nothing. How do you know it is the inspired word of God? The Jewish Tanakh also claims to be the word of God and it calls Jesus a false prophet. The quran also claims same and it calls Jesus "one of the messengers" from God. Why did you choose to believe the bible.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 2:16pm On Aug 05, 2013
Syncan:

The bolded is Your Opinion only, not what it said. There is a difference between "could" and "should"

To make it easy on you, i will handle your points one at a time. These is 7 translations of that same verse and you should conclude if that leaves room for other materials for doctrine

New International Version
All Scripture is God-breathed [/b]and [b]is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

New Living Translation
All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.

English Standard Version
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;

King James Bible
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is [/b]profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Holman Christian Standard Bible
[b]All Scripture is inspired by God [/b]and [b]is
profitable for teaching, for rebuking, for correcting, for training in righteousness,

International Standard Version
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

scriptures plural of scrip·ture (Noun)
Noun

The sacred writings of Christianity contained in the Bible
The sacred writings of another religion.
(wikipedia)

To be part of scriptures
1.It has to be inspired of God
2.It has to be written
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Syncan(m): 2:25pm On Aug 05, 2013
superior1:

To make it easy on you, i will handle your points one at a time. These is 7 translations of that same verse and you should conclude if that leaves room for other materials for doctrine

New International Version
All Scripture is God-breathed [/b]and [b]is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

New Living Translation
All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.

English Standard Version
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;

King James Bible
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is [/b]profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Holman Christian Standard Bible
[b]All Scripture is inspired by God [/b]and [b]is
profitable for teaching, for rebuking, for correcting, for training in righteousness,

International Standard Version
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

scriptures plural of scrip·ture (Noun)
Noun

The sacred writings of Christianity contained in the Bible
The sacred writings of another religion.
(wikipedia)

To be part of scriptures
1.It has to be inspired of God
2.It has to be written

I have searched through all you posted, and not even one version said "Only scripture is useful...". To support this it went further to say we should hold on to all that is taught, both written and non written.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 2:27pm On Aug 05, 2013
Syncan:

You should believe there is more because "And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen" (Jn21:25).

"Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.(2Thess2:15)

Jumping from Gospel and looking for backup in Epistles without a line of reference is a terrible way of interpreting the Bible. The account of Jesus life is adequately represented in the Gospel and whatever is not written there is not part of the scripture.

The Epistle written to Thessalonians is different from Corinthians and so others, all making and addressing different points. They all represented all Paul's teaching which he received from Jesus Christ. If it is verbal instruction and not written, it is not part of the scriptures.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Biblical Week Indicates The Second Coming Of Christ To Be Between 2030 - 2035 / Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation / "I Was Healed Of HIV At Father Ebube Muonso's Adoration Ministry" - Lady (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.