Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation - Politics (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation (55112 Views)

Gtbank Documents Show How Saraki Transferred $3 Million To U.S. / #Panama Papers: Documents Show Saraki Is The Owner Of Hidden Assets & Not Toyin / Anambra Government Fixes Nkpor Flyover After Online Protests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by Midastouch1: 11:11am On Aug 03, 2013
Benilily: lets get this straight... Y r u scared of d igbos?? Cus hez smart nd rules you even in ur own state... Y nt scared of d hausas? Cuz they litter ur street as beggers nd almagiris!!! Nw u understand ryt?? No matter wat u do.. We will still strive!!! Afterall after d civil war, evry ibo man was striped of his money jxt 2 make us poor nd beggars, but where r we 2day?? D biggest buisness counsious in naija nd we are making it... Up Biafra jhor

isnt this a contradiction?? grin grin grin grin

You are so smart, intelligent, brave etc grin grin grin grin

How come we cannot see the evidence of all these talents in your villages and towns? grin grin grin grin

Why are you all desperate in live in Lagos? grin grin grin grin
Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by logica(m): 11:13am On Aug 03, 2013
Benilily: eeeya my baby boy, what z d meaning of wowo monkey?? Hmmm if i tell u 2 go 2 skul nw, u no gri... Nw ur disgracing ur lyf nd showing d world hw ignorant u are.
Lol. Why did you have to put up your photo? I think I have seen you at Opebi Round-about late hour before.
Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by skenod(m): 11:15am On Aug 03, 2013
Wow, so if your poor and broke, you can be deported in Nigeria to your state of origin, how about the rich people from that same state as the deported ones who are investing and creating jobs in Lagos, even India is smarter than us, I have never seen something like this before, Maybe Nigeria should practice con-federalism instead federalism where the states will have more power to set up their immigration system, I remember Ojukwu demanded a con-federation for Nigeria during the Aburi accord just before the Nigerian civil war, now I know why the Nigerian capital was moved from Lagos to Abuja.
Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by muktarl: 11:15am On Aug 03, 2013
coogar:

if an average igbo man is smart, they would stay in their states and develop their land. they would not be encroaching other states to sleep under the bridge.

what's the future of the coming generations of igbo kids? the SE states would soon become forests as all the igbos continue to migrate to the SW to eke a living.

which SW? stop mentioning SW, but lagos. because as i told you earlier there is no real ibo man in those rural towns you mentioned outside lagos. my problem with yourobas is that they don't travel. ibos use lagos port to make money while their families and mansions are in the east. i used to have this your type of mentality until i traveled to onitsha and enugu. they are far more developed and organized. they only use the north and SW as commercial battle field afterwards they will push the money to the east. we did haulage for ibeto alot, i went to his house in nnewi, i was ashamed of being a northerner. ibos are smart than you, take or leave it.

2 Likes

Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 03, 2013
Ninapha: The truth we say today wd set us free tomorrow. What fashola did is sabotage against his oath of office. I pray fashola reaps what he sows today in this case.
He maybe the governor today, let him not forget his legacy wd live after him and who knows a Pharoh who does not know his Joseph may come on the throne tomorrow.

My igbo ppl, pls stop investing in other states, we hv paid our dues to the nigeian nation, let build igbo nation and stop ingrates from fraustrating our economy.

why are you people so blind

Ji_sun_pack:

The Anambra state government has issued a warning to all
street beggars, especially children used by their parents to
beg for alms, to vacate the streets or be arrested.

29 of such women who displayed their children as strategy
for getting alms have already been arrested in Awka and
Onitsha, and repatriated to their home states; Ebonyi and
Akwa Ibom states.

The state commissioner for Women Affairs and Social
Development, Dr. Ego Cordelia Uzoezie, disclosed Friday in
Awka when a middle-aged woman was arrested for begging
with nine children at various points in Awka.

Uzoezie said her attention was drawn to the spectacle when
one of the children who begged at the Unizik junction, Awka,
six-year-old Goodnews Sunday, was hit in the jaw by an
Okada rider, while he begged
Uzoezie decried the attitude of some parents who used their
children to beg for alms, and warned that after 72 hours any
beggar seen in the state would be arrested by the law
enforcement agents and the special task force of the ministry
of women affairs and social development.

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/9600/2011/12/04/anambra_orders_arrest_child_beggars.html
Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by coogar: 11:20am On Aug 03, 2013
muktarl:
which SW? stop mentioning SW, but lagos. because as i told you earlier there is no real ibo man in those rural towns you mentioned outside lagos. my problem with yourobas is that they don't travel. i used to have this your type of mentality until i traveled to onitsha and enugu.

you must be smoking your own pubic hair...
the igbos in Ibadan, osogbo and abeokuta outnumber the most populous igbo state in the SE? are you high on pawpaw leaves? which village is devoid of the igbos in nigeria? they don't stay in their states, the soil is not good for agriculture and the cities are largely underdeveloped!

they are far more developed and organized. they only use the north and SW as commercial battle field afterwards they will push the money to the east. we did haulage for ibeto alot, i went to his house in nnewi, i was ashamed of being a northerner. ibos are smart, take or leave it.

igbo states are the least developed in nigeria. they have nothing. their governors are playing with the advantage that a chunky fraction of their citizens are not even residents of the state!
Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by kingsley989(m): 11:21am On Aug 03, 2013
Obiagu1: Facts:
1. Communication was made between both Lagos and Anambra State governments.
2. Number of persons involved were 14.
3. No date was set for the repatriation or arrangement concluded.
4. Over 70 persons were dumped at bridgehead, Onitsha, their alleged family homes.
5. They were dumped in the middle of the night with no one there to receive them.
6. A crime was committed by Lagos State government against the citizens of Nigeria.

If you support the deportation of persons in the middle of the night many of whom are not from Anambra State, leaving them to their own fate, then I put a curse on you. Let the government of whichever country you are living in arrest, maltreat, torture and send you back to Nigeria for no reason. Amen.
Amen.... Let whoever that's in support of this inhuman act from Lagos state, on these helpless Nigerians. May you all go through the same situation.
Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by superstar1(m): 11:22am On Aug 03, 2013
muktarl:

which SW? stop mentioning SW, but lagos. because as i told you earlier there is no real ibo man in those rural towns you mentioned outside lagos. my problem with yourobas is that they don't travel. ibos use lagos port to make money while their families and mansions are in the east. i used to have this your type of mentality until i traveled to onitsha and enugu. they are far more developed and organized. they only use the north and SW as commercial battle field afterwards they will push the money to the east. we did haulage for ibeto alot, i went to his house in nnewi, i was ashamed of being a northerner. ibos are smart than you, take or leave it.

Oh boy be proud of your heritage and stop deceiving yourself that you are an Hausa boy. Even if you are, shout the F**** up coz this thread is about ibos and Yorubas ..
If you are so eager to be in the heat, create your thread and we shall meet u there
Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by logica(m): 11:22am On Aug 03, 2013
skenod: Wow, so if your poor and broke, you can be deported in Nigeria to your state of origin, how about the rich people from that same state as the deported ones who are investing and creating jobs in Lagos, even India is smarter than us, I have never seen something like this before, Maybe Nigeria should practice con-federalism instead federalism where the states will have more power to set up their immigration system, I remember Ojukwu demanded a con-federation for Nigeria during the Aburi accord just before the Nigerian civil war, now I know why the Nigerian capital was moved from Lagos to Abuja.
Yay! Ojukwu the genius that gave us the idea of confederation. Mugu. Before Ironsi came up with unification and his other policies (which Ojukwu's hailed) Nigeria basically operated as a confederation. So what's new?
Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by muktarl: 11:24am On Aug 03, 2013
coogar:

scared of igbos? why should yorubas be scared of the people that are helping them to develop their states? if/when the shyte hits the fan, we would see how the igbos would lift their houses on their heads and take them back to the east........

you people don't even know you are leaving nothing for your unborn generation. the development should be concentrated in the east, not lagos. challenge your stüpid governors to create an enabling environment to let igbo sons develop the SE states....

awolowo had turned lagos to los angeles whilst the leaders of the other regions were faffing around. the western region were far ahead in terms of development and civilization. keep spewing nonsense from your mouth - if onitsha/enugu are developed, why are the igbos scared to stay in their own states? why would any igbo man leave his mansion in the east to sleep in the dirty ajegunle in lagos?

does that make sense to you?

which awoa turned lagos to what? you people are still thinking like most of people in the north. until i left niger state i thought the ibos are not coming from the bush. until i got to the east my mentality changed. these people are the one using us all. my friend reason. lagos was a former capital of nigeria and youroba leaders did nothing to make or mar its development. if there are any group that made lagos what it is today it is the fg, hausas, ibos and presently the ijaws/urobos due to oil. as for dirty areas, we all know that it is yourobas that are more in dirty and crowded part of lagos. ibos are smarter they have bought many parts of ikoyi, vi, etc.
Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by superstar1(m): 11:25am On Aug 03, 2013
plasgidy:

we are not known to be beggers like other tribes in nigeria, igbos are very hard working ppl who like good life. iam not saying you can't find igbo begger on the street of nigeria, however the percentage will be very minimal an average igbo man is a trader by nature i dont know if you know this although i dont know your age. pls get me right sir thanx

Very hardworking indeed. We know it really takes hard work to deal in narcotics, plan armed robbery, kidnap people, package fake drugs, manufacture substandard goods and also to use people for money rituals,

Really hardworking
Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by muktarl: 11:25am On Aug 03, 2013
superstar1:

Oh boy be proud of your heritage and stop deceiving yourself that you are an Hausa boy. Even if you are, shout the F**** up coz this thread is about ibos and Yorubas ..
If you are so eager to be in the heat, create your thread and we shall meet u there

i have right as much as you to comment here. i cannot stand the lies you guys telling here. am in the east now, that is why i have something to contribute.
Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by muktarl: 11:27am On Aug 03, 2013
superstar1:

Very hardworking indeed. We know it really takes hard work to deal in narcotics, plan armed robbery, kidnap people, package fake drugs, manufacture substandard goods and also to use people for money rituals,

Really hardworking

ibos are into drugs. but when it comes to rituals, occultisom, inbreeding etc leave it for the yourobas. am yet to see an ibo beggar, there is none. i have to say the truth. ibos work hard, that one is true.
Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by superstar1(m): 11:27am On Aug 03, 2013
muktarl:

i have right as much as you to comment here. i cannot stand the lies you guys telling here. am in the east now, that is why i have something to contribute.

Oga create your thread And let us meet you there, if you know you are the true son of hadejia
Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by muktarl: 11:30am On Aug 03, 2013
superstar1:

Oga create your thread And let us meet you there, if you know you are the true son of hadejia

am in the east now, so i have to say what i have seen here. i used to reason like some of you until i left niger state to the east. ibos are wiser take or leave. i have seen their riches down east. they move all the money down east.
Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by superstar1(m): 11:30am On Aug 03, 2013
muktarl:

ibos are into drugs. but when it comes to rituals, occultisom, inbreeding etc leave of the yourobas.

Obviously you are not current and exposed enough for me to be discussing with you.

Lemme concentrate my energy on pweety benilily.
Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by superstar1(m): 11:31am On Aug 03, 2013
muktarl:

am in the east now, so i have to say what i have seen here. i used to reason like some of you until i left niger state to the east. ibos are wiser take or leave. i have seen their riches down east. they move all the money down east.

Who is this immatured baby talking. Do u think threads like this are for hollow heads
Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by muktarl: 11:32am On Aug 03, 2013
superstar1:

Obviously you are not current and exposed enough for me to be discussing with you.

Lemme concentrate my energy on pweety benilily.

then i will follow you bumper to bumper to counter any lie you tell here.

1 Like

Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by Benilily(f): 11:33am On Aug 03, 2013
coogar:

scared of igbos? why should yorubas be scared of the people that are helping them to develop their states? if/when the shyte hits the fan, we would see how the igbos would lift their houses on their heads and take them back to the east........

you people don't even know you are leaving nothing for your unborn generation. the development should be concentrated in the east, not lagos. challenge your stüpid governors to create an enabling environment to let igbo sons develop the SE states....
very well spoken buh no need 2 insult d governor but blame d ibo peepz cuz they go 2 anoda undeveloped place nd develope it leaving their own state undeveloped.... I kw dat 4 sure nd m nt hapi bout dat..
Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by muktarl: 11:35am On Aug 03, 2013
these are common sights in yourobaland. most if them are yourobas, some from the north and niger rep

1 Like

Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by tigger56: 11:37am On Aug 03, 2013
muktarl:

which awoa turned lagos to what? you people are still thinking like most of people in the north. until i left niger state i thought the ibos are not coming from the bush. until i got to the east my mentality changed. these people are the one using us all. my friend reason. lagos was a former capital of nigeria and youroba leaders did nothing to make or mar its development. if there are any group that made lagos what it is today it is the fg, hausas, ibos and presently the ijaws/urobos due to oil. as for dirty areas, we all know that it is yourobas that are more in dirty and crowded part of lagos. ibos are smarter they have bought many parts of ikoyi, vi, etc.
Stop ds lies...I stay in osbourne estate ikoyi and av lots of friends stayin around d island..I can categorically tell u dat majority of the people living on the island are yorubas closely followed by hausas and den d foreigners too...so stop d lies of ibos livin at ikoyi...cos dats all lies...
Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by superstar1(m): 11:38am On Aug 03, 2013
Benilily: very well spoken buh no need 2 insult d governor but blame d ibo peepz cuz they go 2 anoda undeveloped place nd develope it leaving their own state undeveloped.... I kw dat 4 sure nd m nt hapi bout dat..

Now u r talking pweety.

They should also not lay claim to another man's territory though they are a sakeholder but not the landlord.

Effort should be geared towards repatriating your resources to SE and the govs have a part to play by providing conducive environmentost especially basic infrastructures n security
Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by chatterly: 11:40am On Aug 03, 2013
I urge all decent igbos to read Don Adinubas article below.
Please let us all be wise
http://saharareporters.com/article/gov-fashola-and-ndigbo%C2%A0-c-don-adinuba

1 Like

Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by muktarl: 11:40am On Aug 03, 2013
tigger56:
Stop ds lies...I stay in osbourne estate ikoyi and av lots of friends stayin around d island..I can categorically tell u dat majority of the people living on the island are yorubas closely followed by hausas and den d foreigners too...so stop d lies of ibos livin at ikoyi...cos dats all lies...

my friend am from the north, but it will not stop me from saying the truth here. ibos own greater part of ikoyi areas, lekki etc. come to banana island, people like ifeayi uba, emeka ofor has bought greater part of it. stop telling lies here.
Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by superstar1(m): 11:41am On Aug 03, 2013
muktarl: these are common sights in yourobaland. most if them are yourobas, some from the north and niger rep

You are just an irritant nonentity , attention seeking and attention deprived personality.

We do not have your time.
Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by thomason: 11:42am On Aug 03, 2013
superstar1:

Dont mind him, he is ashamed of his tribe.

by muktarl: 7:46am On Feb 28
We should not look far for the culprit. The hausa-fulani governor of imo state has rejoined his northern cousins.

https://www.nairaland.com/1210238/okorocha-bitten-finger-fed-him
Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 03, 2013
tigger56:

We know its a lie....it's those Ibos that have never step a foot into Lagos that keep saying such....

They are 70% of VGC

They are 80% of Lekki

They Own 99% of Festac

They own 70% of Osborne and Parkview

These ones here just say it the way their destitute brothers and sisters in Lagos go back to tell them in December...

The undisputed truth is Hausas even live in more high brow parts of Lagos than Ibos...
Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by Benilily(f): 11:44am On Aug 03, 2013
superstar1:

Now u r talking pweety.

They should also not lay claim to another man's territory though they are a sakeholder but not the landlord.

Effort should be geared towards repatriating your resources to SE and the govs have a part to play by providing conducive environmentost especially basic infrastructures n security
Mr "gullible, sheepish nd silly" xo we finally agreed on something... Loool
Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by Arsenate(m): 11:46am On Aug 03, 2013
MAHSSOBs: Why are Ibos afraid of returning home?
I swear this is the 1billion dollar question. Is the south east that bad that they rather die in the north or live under the bridge in the west than return there?
Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by plasgidy: 11:47am On Aug 03, 2013
quarashi: So now Igbos took the fight from Hausaland to Yorubaland? You people should mobilize FG to quickly negotiate with ASUU so that you can return to FACE your BOOKS. How is it possible that you forgot that the same Fashola deported more than one thousand Hausas via trailers back to North? If you really want your people to return and develop your "abandoned" land, then you should be happy with Fashola for helping you with the task! It is really sad that we hardly have any common priority to press home.
fashola deported niger republic ppl and chadians not core nigeria housa ok .
Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by muktarl: 11:48am On Aug 03, 2013
superstar1:

You are just an irritant nonentity , attention seeking and attention deprived personality.

We do not have your time.

i will keep coming out with the truth. that is the whole essence.

1 Like

Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by superstar1(m): 11:48am On Aug 03, 2013
The Abia State government last year came up with an ingenious policy. All non-indigenous employees in the state public service, including teachers, were to be relieved of their duties because the government’s resources were meant for the indigenes. Over 80% of the people affected are from Imo, Ebonyi, Anambra and Enugu states. Most leaders maintained a conspiracy of silence on this policy which for long will remain one of the greatest impediments to Igbo unity. Abia State was actually treading the path of the Enugu State government which had in the late 1990s decided to sack all non-indigenes in the state’s public service in order to “save resources”. Almost every casualty is Igbo.

But a number of Igbo social activists have now suddenly found their voice. The overnight activists have created an unmistakable mass hysteria in both the social media and the traditional media over the bogey that Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State has been “deporting” Igbo people from the state. Some politicians who are determined to make political capital out of the so-called repatriations have been busy simulating the hysteria. But perhaps, unbeknownst to these people, they are hurting in a most profound manner strategic Igbo interests. No people can survive—let alone—progress on a diet of lies and emotions, or by allowing politicians to create and sustain a culture of paranoia or siege mentality, otherwise called persecution complex.

The Lagos State government launched a few year ago an ambitious project to turn Lagos, Nigeria’s economic nerve centre with a population of some 16million, into a true mega city. This entailed, among other things, the enthronement of a new social order and a different aesthetic regime. Consequently, the state began to clear thousands of homeless people, beggars and urchins from the streets. Thus, a large number of “area boys” who are mostly Lagos Island indigenes, like the governor, are to this day still arrested and hounded into “Black Baria” trucks by Kick Against Indiscipline (KIA) officials. Borrowing a leaf from such places as New York and Hawaii, Lagos initiated a programme of returning many destitute individuals to their home states. Over 3,000 of such people have been relocated back to northern states where they have now been reintegrated with their families. When about 80 were sent to Oyo State in November, 2009, the governor screamed to the high heavens that “they were dumped on Molete “Bridge” in Ibadan.

About 14 destitute people from Anambra State were sent to Onitsha last week because of the failure of the State’s Ministry of Social Welfare to arrange for the arrival of these people , unlike those of Akwa Ibom and Katsina states which made proper logistic arrangements for their own people. A section of the media has since gone to town with the extremely dangerous propaganda that the Lagos State governor is driving Igbo people out of Lagos through “brazen deportations and repatriations”. Even professionals and scholars expected to be more thoughtful and strategic in their actions have capitulated so easily to the mind poisoning reports and have been responding exuberantly. A man who introduced himself as a professor from Nnewi called me on the phone on Thursday morning to assert with so much authority that “only Anambra indigenes are being targeted for expulsion from Lagos because all Nigerians know that Anambra is the leader of the Igbo nation”. A lawyer in Maryland, United States, wrote that Fashola dare not relocate beggars of northern extraction, alleging that the Igbo are the whipping boy of Nigerian politics. He is blissfully ignorant of the thousands of northern beggars taken away from Borno Street in Ebute Metta and environs.

How did the industrious, highly republican and intelligent Igbo people embrace, all of a sudden, this level of groupthink that has made us look like a people with unimaginable amnesia? Only last month, a very big plaza in Olodi, Apapa, belonging to Igbo entrepreneurs and housing hundreds of 1gbo traders was burnt at night. The next day Fashola was at the site and promised to rebuild it at the Lagos State expense. No Igbo governor has visited the place up to this moment, and none has promised to assist the victims. Last December, Ngozi Nwosu, an actress, was reported to be down with a serious liver ailment, so an appeal fund was launched. No Southeast government, including her home state of Imo State, responded, just as no wealthy Igbo men and women did. Only N1.5million out of 6m needed for treatment in the United kingdom, could be raised. Fashola provided the remaining N4.5m. And now some so-called Igbo activists are accusing him of anti-Igbo sentiments.

Two months ago, Fashola completed the biggest housing estate he has built and named it for Emeka Anyaoku, an erstwhile Commonwealth secretary general from Anambra State. At a time some Igbo people cannot be hired as teachers or civil servants in Southeastern states other those of those of their origin, Fashola recruits them in large numbers, with some becoming judges and magistrates. His Commissioner for Economic Planning and Budget, Ben Akabueze, is from the Southeast. The chief executive of the state Infrastructure Maintenance and Regulatory Agency, Joe Igbokwe, is an engineer and publisher from Nnewi. Mac Duruigbo, from Imo State, is Fashola’s Personal Assistant on the Media.

Fashola gave Ikemba Nnewi practically a state burial last year in Lagos, the only non-Southeast governor to accord the famous Biafran leader this high honour. He was the only governor who attended last March the Chinua Achebe colloquium at Brown University in Rhode Island, United States, where he praised Achebe for his monumental achievements at a time the great writer was the butt of criticism by the Yoruba political establishment following Achebe’s unflattering remarks about Obafemi Awolowo in his new book, There Was A Country, a personal account of the Nigerian civil war. So, how did some of us come about the brainwave that the dynamic and cosmopolitan Lagos State governor is anti-Igbo? Simply because his government relocated some Igbo elements to their home state, some of whom came to Lagos to do business but instead took to hard drug consumption and became urchin, better known as “area boys”! Interestingly when Fashola began to crack down on “area boys”, most of whom are from his state, Igbo traders were over the moon, rejoicing that the governor had saved them from the miscreants of “area boys” who had for decades been tormenting the traders daily, extorting huge sums from them and viciously assailing those who refused with dangerous weapons.

There are more Igbo people in Lagos than any other state. There are so many investments in Lagos because Lagos has for long welcomed the Igbo people, enabling NdIgbo to prosper in Lagos more than any other state. And no governor in Nigeria’s history has demonstrated as much affection to our people as Fashola. Commonsense dictates we protect in a strategic manner the interests of our people and reciprocate the friendship of well meaning individuals and groups. It will be a colossal tragedy if we savour the dishes of salacious lies and terrible propaganda which we are being served by opportunistic politicians and garnished by hysterical Igbo social activists. We must be guided at all times by truth and reason.

Adinuba is head of Discovery Public Affairs Consulting.

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (Reply)

It Is Distasteful - Soyinka Condemns Pyrates Confraternity Video Mocking Tinubu / INEC Chairman Yakubu Was Nominated By Tinubu Camp; He Worked With Wike – Amaechi / Jubilation As Aisha Buhari Returns To Aso Rock (photos, Videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.