Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,662 members, 7,955,394 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:06 AM

2015: North Moves Topick Danjumaforapc Presidential Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: North Moves Topick Danjumaforapc Presidential Candidate (1970 Views)

North Moves Against Jonathan: Northern Pro-jonathan Governors Get Threat Message / 2015: North Will Burn If Jonathan Wins 2015 Election – Eurasia Group / 2015: North Bids For Power Shift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: North Moves Topick Danjumaforapc Presidential Candidate by jayjam(m): 3:45pm On Aug 03, 2013
Coming on the heels of its formal registration by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, Nigeria’s newest political party, the All ProgressivesCongress, APC, is currentlyworking round the clock todraft a former Minister of Defence (retd.), General Theophilus Danjuma, into the 2015 presidential election race.
The North decided to shift its focus to the newly registered APC when it realised that it was difficult to get the PeoplesDemocratic Party’s presidential ticket.
According to a reliable insider, the region is hastily looking for a competent candidate, who could bring its people together.
He said, “Unlike in the FirstRepublic when the late Saudana of Sokoto, Ahmadu Bello, was around, the North is divided. Some northern leaders reason that as part of efforts to reunite the region, Muslimsmust be ready to concede the Presidency to the Christian North. We are zeroing in on T.Y. Danjuma.”
However, it was learnt that a final decision has not been taken yet because consultations are still ongoing.
Also speaking on the development, another close source in the new party said the decision to make Danjuma its presidential candidate had started generating controversy in the party. He said, “What is happening now is really worrisome.
“We understand that the game plan is for the merger partners in the (defunct) CPC to produce the presidential candidate while the Action Congress of Nigeria is to produce the Vice Presidential candidate.
“General Buhari is still verymuch interested but some elements in the North withthe active support of Generals Olusegun Obasanjo and Ibrahim Babangida, are looking towards TY Danjuma.
“The thinking is that he will have greater national appeal and he is perhaps the only person who Buhari can step down for, because of the tremendous respect he has for him.
“They are considering the option of co-opting him into the APC, using this window to give him a platform to challenge Jonathan, who appears almost certain to run on the PDP platform.”
Reacting to this development, the Spokesman for the Northern Elders Forum, Prof. Ango Abdullahi, said nothing should be ruled out.
Abdullahi said, “We (the Northern Elders Forum) believe that the North should produce the President otherwise, the President of Nigeria in 2015 should be of northern extraction.
“Our position has been consistent that a suitably acceptable good candidatefor the position of president should garner support hopefully not only in the North but also elsewhere in the country.SOURCE:http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/08/03/2015-north-moves-to-pick-danjuma-for-apc-presidential-candidate/
Re: 2015: North Moves Topick Danjumaforapc Presidential Candidate by texaco1: 3:53pm On Aug 03, 2013
grin grin
This must be a joke I am sure .
Re: 2015: North Moves Topick Danjumaforapc Presidential Candidate by oderemo(m): 3:58pm On Aug 03, 2013
biggest joke ever, recycling old hags in the name of appealing to some ethnic group will get us no where.

1 Like

Re: 2015: North Moves Topick Danjumaforapc Presidential Candidate by teskyg: 4:01pm On Aug 03, 2013
I dey laugh oh with OBJ
Re: 2015: North Moves Topick Danjumaforapc Presidential Candidate by yiboboy: 4:03pm On Aug 03, 2013
Danjuma ke?

Na hin be sey we don hia result b4 election oooh!
Re: 2015: North Moves Topick Danjumaforapc Presidential Candidate by texaco1: 4:07pm On Aug 03, 2013
I know no political party will field danjuma and in fact danjuma himself will not allow himself to be ridiculed at his age ,that is why I believe this story is a huge joke
Re: 2015: North Moves Topick Danjumaforapc Presidential Candidate by Toktee(m): 4:26pm On Aug 03, 2013
All these illitrates on nairaland,pdp brought in jonathan as a fresh blood and not been tested before,what have he done to nigerians,you guys should keep making noise here,rejecting candidates without bringing anyone forward
Re: 2015: North Moves Topick Danjumaforapc Presidential Candidate by fredopayee(m): 4:30pm On Aug 03, 2013
Wtf!! Is danjuma stil alive? Thinking he died some years ago. Oh shit he's not death but, this is automatic win for Oga Jonathan ontop..... Pls they should allow Danjuma to contest#

Re: 2015: North Moves Topick Danjumaforapc Presidential Candidate by jayjam(m): 4:46pm On Aug 03, 2013
just rejecting this man without cogent reasons.Am aint his fan though but Nigerians are quick to rejecting candidates with prejudice.I dnt think there is anyone who is 100% perfect,if u are,then u probably aren't human
Re: 2015: North Moves Topick Danjumaforapc Presidential Candidate by trillville(m): 4:53pm On Aug 03, 2013
If this is true then TY danjuma will definitely be president in 2015, because the whole north will rally around him whether he is competent or not. Let's just pray that fashola will be his vice.
Re: 2015: North Moves Topick Danjumaforapc Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 03, 2013
In terms of national appeal, danjuma is far better any other element parading seld in apc
Re: 2015: North Moves Topick Danjumaforapc Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 03, 2013
trillville: If this is true then TY danjuma will definitely be president in 2015, because the whole north will rally around him whether he is competent or not. Let's just pray that fashola will be his vice.
fashola will be a lacuna to danjuma ticket
Re: 2015: North Moves Topick Danjumaforapc Presidential Candidate by jayjam(m): 5:10pm On Aug 03, 2013
My points exactly,Danjuma is well respected in the North if he finally contests i see him providing a stiff competition with GEJ provided PDP runs him.DANJUMA/FASHOLA won't be bad at all; the only problem here is the south -east
Re: 2015: North Moves Topick Danjumaforapc Presidential Candidate by jayjam(m): 5:15pm On Aug 03, 2013
My points exactly,Danjuma is well respected in the North if he finally contests i see him providing a stiff competition with GEJ provided PDP runs him.DANJUMA/FASHOLA won't be bad at all; the only problem here is the south -east.I see them seceding if this happens,2015 will be like merlin,it will be interesting,exciting and intriguing plus if Nigeria finally survives the ALMAGAM scare in 2014
Re: 2015: North Moves Topick Danjumaforapc Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 03, 2013
Just heard Gareth Bale has signed for Warri Wolves

1 Like

Re: 2015: North Moves Topick Danjumaforapc Presidential Candidate by trillville(m): 5:33pm On Aug 03, 2013
jayjam: My points exactly,Danjuma is well respected in the North if he finally contests i see him providing a stiff competition with GEJ provided PDP runs him.DANJUMA/FASHOLA won't be bad at all; the only problem here is the south -east.I see them seceding if this happens,2015 will be like merlin,it will be interesting,exciting and intriguing plus if Nigeria finally survives the ALMAGAM scare in 2014
If u consider the fact that TY danjuma is a northern Christian, his vice will most likely be a southern muslim. This eliminates most (probably all) politicians in the SE and SS. I believe that Fashola is the best South westerner that is also Muslim, so I hope that he becomes the vice.
Re: 2015: North Moves Topick Danjumaforapc Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 5:38pm On Aug 03, 2013
TY DANJUMA AND BUHARI AS HIS VICE WILL PROVIDE STIFF OPPOSITION FOR GEJ ,
Re: 2015: North Moves Topick Danjumaforapc Presidential Candidate by jayjam(m): 6:00pm On Aug 03, 2013
presher: TY DANJUMA AND BUHARI AS HIS VICE WILL PROVIDE STIFF OPPOSITION FOR GEJ ,
i know u didn't mean this arrangement,well,only if 2014 proves to be a de-amalgam year
Re: 2015: North Moves Topick Danjumaforapc Presidential Candidate by prolove22(m): 6:07pm On Aug 03, 2013
4 good road vote PDP PDP PDP PDP PDP
Re: 2015: North Moves Topick Danjumaforapc Presidential Candidate by saganuwa: 6:23pm On Aug 03, 2013
Tis is great news. TY is one general that has sacrificed alot for the north. I strongly support tis. I hope it works out.
Re: 2015: North Moves Topick Danjumaforapc Presidential Candidate by jayjam(m): 7:01pm On Aug 03, 2013
prolove22: 4 good road vote PDP PDP PDP PDP PDP
yes,like d east-west road,lagos-ib exp. Road.fantasies
Re: 2015: North Moves Topick Danjumaforapc Presidential Candidate by Demswear4u: 7:31pm On Aug 03, 2013
Lol @ fashola as VP.
Not in a million years.
A man who defies the constitution by deporting Nigerians from Nigeria now wants to be VP?
Yeah right.

1 Like

Re: 2015: North Moves Topick Danjumaforapc Presidential Candidate by 1MCN: 7:39pm On Aug 03, 2013
Is that not the General Theophilus Danjuma that killed Aguiyi Ironsi?! I think these northern political strategists are in a pitiably hopeless desperation for the presidency that they forget that the Constitution and other extant Laws say the candidate must win in every geopolitical region. I wonder how they want to convince the SE about a man they're wishing to catch in the hand and give his flesh to scavengers!
Re: 2015: North Moves Topick Danjumaforapc Presidential Candidate by sammyzacks(m): 7:46pm On Aug 03, 2013
TY IS PERFECT. HE WILL WIN WITH A LANDSLIDE. IF YOU PAIR HIM WITH FASHOLA, EVEN GEJ WILL STEPDOWN. BUT I GUESS HE IS A LITTLE TO OLD. APART FROM THAT, A PERFECT CHOICE I MUST SAY.
Re: 2015: North Moves Topick Danjumaforapc Presidential Candidate by sammyzacks(m): 7:58pm On Aug 03, 2013
Since 1999 Danjuma has played an active role in Nigerian politics, some of his key appointments have been:

1999 Appointed as Minister of Defence to President Olusegun Obasanjo's Cabinet
2003 Appointed as Chairperson for investigative committee on the Warri conflict
2010 Nominated as Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Council by Acting President Goodluck Jonathan
While in Office, Gen TY Danjuma sought to curb the politicisation of the military, and was a firm supporter of democracy and the Rule of Law. He also oversaw the renaming of all Nigerian barracks and cantons from those of civilian or living persons. He was also widely known to be an avid opponent of President Obasanjo's attempts in 2006 to engineer a way that would enable himself and state governors to serve more than two consecutive terms.

1 Like

Re: 2015: North Moves Topick Danjumaforapc Presidential Candidate by sammyzacks(m): 8:00pm On Aug 03, 2013
In December 2008, the TY Danjuma Foundation was created in Nigeria.

The Foundation's principal aims are to provide durable advantages through the implementation of development programs. The Foundation plans to operate more as a philanthropic organisation rather than simply as a charity. This would allow for the foundation to seek out other deserving causes and Non Governmental Organizations (NGOs) to partner with and make grants available.

The TY Danjuma Foundation seeks to alleviate poverty in communities by providing basic amenities, education for children and young adults while also providing free medical care for indigent people. Currently, USD500,000 has been given out as grants to NGOs working to relieve suffering in Danjuma’s home state of Taraba. Taraba is historically one of Nigeria's most impoverished states, compounded by the absence of a health service which catered for the masses. Furthermore, the state has the highest case of river blindness and other debilitating illnesses.[7]

The TY Danjuma Foundation is currently partnering with over 50 NGOs throughout Nigeria, and with the support and cooperation of 36 state governors. One of the many NGOs which is being supported by the Foundation is CASVI working in Takum, Wukari and Donga. CASVI's main area of expertise is on the provision of free eye care services such as the treatment of river blindness in Wukari, Ibi and Donga.[8]
Re: 2015: North Moves Topick Danjumaforapc Presidential Candidate by sammyzacks(m): 8:27pm On Aug 03, 2013
This is a decisive moment in our history. At such moments God always ensures that a nation possesses significant personalities who are to act as his agents for change. You, Mr. Acting President, are the significant personality that God has chosen at this time to take your place at the front in the struggle to save our country. Because the times are extra-ordinary, the measures that need to be taken are not only urgent but also extra-ordinary. Unless you take those measures quickly, the goodwill, which you now enjoy, may be lost. TY Danjuma to GEJ.
Re: 2015: North Moves Topick Danjumaforapc Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 03, 2013
Have we as a nation become extinct of young, vibrant, selfless and intelligent people to steer the ship of state that we have to result to such folly No, so it must be a joke.

Pls we do not need fossilized politicians as president in this present jet-age.
Re: 2015: North Moves Topick Danjumaforapc Presidential Candidate by wirinet(m): 9:33pm On Aug 03, 2013
T.Y Danjuma is the perfect choice for now. He is not power hungry like most politicians out there. He believes Strongly in the nigerian project. He is relatively free of controversies and scandals.

I know he will not be interested in being president but if he decides to run, i will actively campaign for him.

If nigerians value honesty and integrity, danjuma is the man.
Re: 2015: North Moves Topick Danjumaforapc Presidential Candidate by wirinet(m): 9:46pm On Aug 03, 2013
Timehin: Have we as a nation become extinct of young, vibrant, selfless and intelligent people to steer the ship of state that we have to result to such folly No, so it must be a joke.

Pls we do not need fossilized politicians as president in this present jet-age.

yes, Nigeria has a dearth of honest, capable and idealistic young men. Which one of the young men that are in political office have excelled (outside the sycophancy of their tribes men and benefactors)? Is it bankole, ibori, Farouk? Who?

Besides Nigeria had always had a young head of state outside Obasanjo(second coming), Gown, Muritala, Shagari, Buhari, IBB, Abacha, were all young men when they became head of state. So i wonder where you got the idea that Nigeria had always been ruled by recycled fossilized old men.
Re: 2015: North Moves Topick Danjumaforapc Presidential Candidate by ckkris: 10:50pm On Aug 03, 2013
How many oil wells belong to Danjuma now, and how many will belong to him if becomes president?
Re: 2015: North Moves Topick Danjumaforapc Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 10:52pm On Aug 03, 2013
wirinet:

yes, Nigeria has a dearth of honest, capable and idealistic young men. Which one of the young men that are in political office have excelled (outside the sycophancy of their tribes men and benefactors)? Is it bankole, ibori, Farouk? Who?

Besides Nigeria had always had a young head of state outside Obasanjo(second coming), Gown, Muritala, Shagari, Buhari, IBB, Abacha, were all young men when they became head of state. So i wonder where you got the idea that Nigeria had always been ruled by recycled fossilized old men.

In your haste to respond you read my post upside down. What am saying is that at this point in time as a nation we do not need old men who ought to groom/encourage the younger ones to take charge and make nigeria great making such ridiculous moves.

"The youths are leaders of tomorrow" they say but when will our tomorrow come when the likes of Buhari, Danjuma e.t.c still eyes the presidency

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Declared Winner Of Offa LG Re-election Afta A Glaring Win By APC / Corruption In Federal University, Oye-ekiti (fuoye)..a Cry Out!!! / Army Begins Massive Recruitment – Ihejirika

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.