Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? (18205 Views)

APC BoT Chair: Tinubu, Atiku Renew Rivalries / FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias / MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by goldfish80(m): 4:22pm On Aug 05, 2013
ALAKE_OF_EGBA:

I think you are the one to cut THE BULLCRAP!!!!

When the Ibo bigots started their madness, did any one of you show up to put a word of caution? rather you were on the sideline getting amused and enjoying it.

Now you are showing up here to apportion blame.

Who are you to judge and indict anyone, where did you derive such authority?.

As at the moment the Mods have not CONVICT anyone, but you people are so desperate to put the tag of aggressors onto those guys that were merely reacting to ethnic taunting and baiting.

STOP JUDGING, SO THAT YOU WONT BE JUDGED!
No need replying you again, your moniker says a lot about you. You can never have an objective view of proceedings here.
Asoozy:

You shouldn't even have bothered replying to that one. His display of hatred was lengendary on the Adekunle thread. I'm even surprised that he has the effontary to say a word on this thread. If truly the moderator who opened this thread was fair, such a person would not be allowed to post on this thread but it is a known fact that this is not a war waged against so called "bigots" but against the Yoruba nationalists.

Oh well, before the Adekunle thread,I've been nothing more than a keen observer here.I had to stepin when i noticed your folks were rolling out drums/praising the war criminal for murdering My kinsmen/mothers/children in cold blood.hey, I knew i stepped out of the line a couple of times, but I don't regret it one bit.
If I stumble on such a thread again and find your people making such comments, My action and replies would not change and frankly speaking, I don't care how you feel about it.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by kingbang: 4:25pm On Aug 05, 2013
kindabigg:

Mechionu gi anupam onye beribe onye nzuzu. I do not like igbos!

Like i said earlier, take your love back home. Some people over there need it more.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 05, 2013
kingbang:

Like i said earlier, take your love back home. Some people over there need it more.
@kingbang: I love you ( "Afuru m gi n'anya" )
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 05, 2013
goldfish80:
No need replying you again, your moniker says a lot about you. You can never have an objective view of proceedings here.

Fair enough, however any time you show up here to try to tarnish some monikers regardless of the fact that you are not clean, you will be shut down.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by kingbang: 4:37pm On Aug 05, 2013
quid:
@kingbang: I love you ( "Afuru m gi n'anya" )

Nwannem daalu rinne! Jide ka iji.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 05, 2013
kingbang:

Nwannem daalu rinne! Jide ka iji.
O ka o si mee.
"Okirikiri ka ndi Lagos ga na agba ukwu ose. Ha agaghi ari ya elu"
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by kingbang: 4:49pm On Aug 05, 2013
quid:
O ka o si mee.
"Okirikiri ka ndi Lagos ga na agba ukwu ose. Ha agaghi ari ya elu"

Ima na obu so mkpotu ka eji mara ha. Odighi ife ha puru ime.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 05, 2013
kingbang:

Ima na obu so mkpotu ka eji mara ha. Odighi ife ha puru ime.
N'ezie, enweghi ebe e ji azu aga.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by goldfish80(m): 4:53pm On Aug 05, 2013
ALAKE_OF_EGBA:

Fair enough, however any time you show up here to try to tarnish some monikers regardless of the fact that you are not clean, you will be shut down.
Ilugunboy,desole,dayokanu,texacowlady are the biggest biogts on this forum.
Oya "shut me down", I dare yoU undecided

3 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by kingbang: 5:03pm On Aug 05, 2013
quid:
N'ezie, enweghi ebe e ji azu aga.

Rapu ndi ochongonoku ka fa na ezuzughari!
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Asoozy: 5:11pm On Aug 05, 2013
goldfish80:

Oh well, before the Adekunle thread,I've been nothing more than a keen observer here.I had to stepin when i noticed your folks were rolling out drums/praising the war criminal for murdering My kinsmen/mothers/children in cold blood.hey, I knew i stepped out of the line a couple of times, but I don't regret it one bit.
If I stumble on such a thread again and find your people making such comments, My action and replies would not change and frankly speaking, I don't care how you feel about it.

Stories that touch!
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Asoozy: 5:12pm On Aug 05, 2013
goldfish80:
Ilugunboy,desole,dayokanu,texacowlady are the biggest biogts on this forum.
Oya "shut me down", I dare yoU undecided

It takes one to know one.

2 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Kingspin(m): 5:14pm On Aug 05, 2013
Simple, charge breakers and offenders to Nigeria law court..
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by FRDChickenisha: 5:23pm On Aug 05, 2013
Funny how I complained on this thread and nothing was done about it.

https://www.nairaland.com/1385353/fasholas-dad-ademola-fashola-dead/4#17245621

End ko start ni?
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by FRDChickenisha: 5:25pm On Aug 05, 2013
goldfish80:

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by goldfish80(m): 5:57pm On Aug 05, 2013
Asoozy:

It takes one to know one.
Just as u've come to know me right? undecided
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Ishilove: 7:41pm On Aug 05, 2013
OAM4J: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities?

I think ethnic rivalries and hostilities in this section has gone far enough and we need to put an end to it. I understand mistakes were made by many of our leaders in the past and in the present and we need to discuss these matters. But we don't have to let the actions of our leaders and mistakes of few people degenerate into ethnic rivalries and hostilities.

Let us discuss the actions of individuals and not turn them into Yoruba Vs Igbo, Hausa Vs Yoruba, Igbo Vs Ijaw etc.

While we believe in freedom of speech and expression, we would not want such freedom to be used in advocating enmity and hatred among different ethnic groups. Many of us get along just fine both online and offline. Therefore:

1. Please always discuss on topic and focus on the individuals involved in the topic. Any attempt to turn a topic into one ethnic Vs another will be addressed by the moderators. We can discuss the actions Fashola, GEJ, Ojukwu, Awolowo, Ameachi, Buhari,Tinubu etc without equating their actions to their ethnics and turn the topic to one ethnic Vs another.

2. Threads on purely ethnics issues should be opened in ethnic section, if moderators feel that anyone that opens such thread in politics section is not making an honest mistake but an attempt to promote ethnic rivalries or disrespect an ethnic group, such poster might be given a long ban depending on moderators conviction.

3. Crime stories should only be opened in Crime section, and no attempt should be made to make a crime of an individual a crime of an ethnic group. There are good and bad people from every ethnic group, tribe and race.

4. Ethnic insults and mockeries are against the rules and might attract longer ban from now on.

I dont enjoy banning members, hence my appeal.

Cheers!
If I were MOD

It would be banning season

Tolerate no evil

Tolerate no primitive bigotry

Tolerate no rubbish
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Ishilove: 7:56pm On Aug 05, 2013
angry
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by yemi2plus(m): 7:59pm On Aug 05, 2013
Ishilove:
If I were MOD

Tolerate no evil

Tolerate to primitive bigotry

Tolerate no rubbish
if wishes were horses
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Idowuogbo(f): 8:00pm On Aug 05, 2013
Ishilove: angry
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by ujchief(m): 8:08pm On Aug 05, 2013
yemi2plus2:
if wishes were horses

Ishilove: angry

Idowuogbo:
grin grin grin grin grin grin

Here comes the Literature section writers. How una dey? una come mock us here abi?
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Ishilove: 8:23pm On Aug 05, 2013
yemi2plus2:
if wishes were horses
Lol. Nah, I don't wish to be mod 'cos I don't have the patience or diplomacy to be an ideal mod. I am just thinking aloud because what I see here in this section is quite disgraceful. Grown asss adults cussing each other out along ethnic lines while the world moves forward. It is a reflection of the larger society which is just so Disgraceful

2 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by AjanleKoko: 8:24pm On Aug 05, 2013
Ishilove:
If I were MOD

Tolerate no evil

Tolerate to primitive bigotry

Tolerate no rubbish

How Many Posters Ishilove go ban oh . . .
How Many Posters Ishilove go ban?

(2ce)

Eeeeeh . . . she go ban dem Taya!
Eeeeeh oooh . . . she go ban dem Taya!

. . . Repeat till fade grin

2 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Ishilove: 8:27pm On Aug 05, 2013
AjanleKoko:

How Many Posters Ishilove go ban oh . . .

(2ce)

Eeeeeh oooh . . . she go ban dem Taya!

. . . Repeat till fade grin
Lmao! Ingenious
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Asoozy: 8:29pm On Aug 05, 2013
Ishilove:
Lol. Nah, I don't wish to be mod cos's I don't have the patience or diplomacy to be an ideal mod. I am just thinking aloud because what I see here in this section is quite disgraceful. Grown asss adults cussing each other out along ethnic lines while the world moves forward. It is a reflection of the larger society which is just so Disgraceful

Ok, you've told us of your feelings and we've heard.

Keep it moving now and let the task at hand continue. Your jibber-jabber only serves to revive the flame.

Let the ash rest.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Ishilove: 8:43pm On Aug 05, 2013
Asoozy:

Ok, you've told us of your feelings and we've heard.

Keep it moving now and let the task at hand continue. Your jibber-jabber only serves to revive the flame.

Let the ash rest.
Haaaa...Fstranger...NL's most belligerent troll... Smh

2 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by MMotimo: 8:56pm On Aug 05, 2013
I have just reported at least 5 tribalistic posts from both sides on a single thread , in addition to the 1 or 2 I reported earlier today
Frankly, the tribalism here is an embarrassment to us Naijas bringing up kids in a different culture
I do not pray that any one of my kids stumbles on the hate propaganda that goes on here
If you are serious about getting this straightened out, report as many as you can and let's see if you are ignored
At least for posterity, I would be able to say I did what I could (report)
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Asoozy: 9:00pm On Aug 05, 2013
Ishilove:
Haaaa...Fstranger...NL's most belligerent troll... Smh

Call me whatever as long as you keep it moving.

To the left, to the left...

Yaba straight...
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Asoozy: 9:01pm On Aug 05, 2013
MMotimo: I have just reported at least 5 tribalistic posts from both sides on a single thread , in addition to the 1 or 2 I reported earlier today
Frankly, the tribalism here is an embarrassment to us Naijas bringing up kids in a different culture
I do not pray that any one of my kids stumbles on the hate propaganda that goes on here
If you are serious about getting this straightened out, report as many as you can and let's see if you are ignored

That's the way to go.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by biafranqueen: 9:08pm On Aug 05, 2013
yiboboy: Tribal warlords and warladies, ona dey craze oooh!

Had to call my peeps in Lagos over the weekend to confirm there's no civil war going on in Lagaos! angry Una dey find who una go give BP baa?

@ OAM4J, pls don't relent, I'm with you all the way. I think the next step is to organize a kind of parley where we invite all the known tribalist, pls ensure onlytruth sits next to Aigbofa, desola sits next to Biafranqueen. . .u get the drift? cheesy
I would love to sit next to Desola and discuss how her personal belief encourages hatred for humans nothing in her religious belief teaches hers to despise an entire ethnic group
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by biafranqueen: 9:08pm On Aug 05, 2013
MMotimo: I have just reported at least 5 tribalistic posts from both sides on a single thread , in addition to the 1 or 2 I reported earlier today
Well done

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply)

Mahama And Jonathan Meet In Abuja (photos) / Igbo Wars Against The British / Nigerian Navy Offshore Patrol Vessel Departs China On Maiden Voyage To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.