Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,810 members, 7,820,835 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria (36750 Views)

University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities / University Of Ibadan Ranked Nigeria’s Best University, 8th In Africa / Date For Ndu 2nd Choice And 1st Choice Supplementary Post Ume Screening Exercise Is Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:11am On Aug 07, 2013
juniorades: . Ū are totally right, as for me unilorin is d best university in nigeria...come and see for yourself.
When OAU sneezes, unilorin catches cold. We have one Unilorin lecturer who got transfered to ma dept in Oau and the man had a horrendous first year cos he couldn't speak well in class. He's gone back now but his year with us was forgettable for him.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by omotbol: 12:15am On Aug 07, 2013
Wonders shall never end
Impunity
Brazen insolence
UNIOSUN self dey talk.

We they mention wild animals, snails self Dey expect mention.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Godogwu: 12:21am On Aug 07, 2013
seedord247:

GO TO SOUTH AFRICA AND SEE WHAT THEY CALL UNIVERSITY..

THEIR LECTURERS DONT GO ON STRIKE..

THEIR LECTURERS DONT ASK FOR BRIBE OR SLEEP WITH THEIR FEMALE STUDENTS.

THEIR ENVIRONMENT IS CONDUCIVE FOR LEARNING..

ITS A PITY THAT THEY STILL USE BLACKBOARD IN NIGERIA UNIVERSITY WHILE IN OTHER COUNTRIES THEY USE PROJECTOR TO TEACH STUDENT.

BRB

You might want to re-evaluate that. They still use blackboards in alot of prestigious uni's in the US, canada, Europe wherever. And frankly its not just by the board.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by psychologist(m): 12:23am On Aug 07, 2013
roland2rule:

Na orphan o

Mods hope u guyz r watching
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by omotbol: 12:25am On Aug 07, 2013
GREAT IFE

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by omotbol: 12:27am On Aug 07, 2013
STILL OAU

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by omotbol: 12:29am On Aug 07, 2013
still on the matter..OAU noni

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by roland2rule(m): 12:33am On Aug 07, 2013
[quote author=@johnsonjosbles] who is that mumun who will graduate from unilorin and go to OAU for pgd in the 1st place; such a person is 10step backward, when OAU students alway cry foul! And get tired of the sch because of their internal problems. If u r admited to study 5years progam, autority will tell you to add x to the number of years. When you graduate determine the value of X, we got admition thesame time with friends from secondry sch, when i was roundind up my masters was when they were mobilised for NYSC and u called that best. My friend get out!!!!!!!

Not how far by how well...where are u working nw 4 goodness sake, b4 gr8 IFE produces a graduate, they already secured a job with a good and standard companies....nt only the hard copy certificate dat matters...wot abt the soft copy(I.e wot u av gained and how u can m8 use of it.)....
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by omotbol: 12:38am On Aug 07, 2013
OAU

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by omotbol: 12:40am On Aug 07, 2013
UNIOSUN SENATE BUILDING

1 Like

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by omotbol: 12:50am On Aug 07, 2013
OAU

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:57am On Aug 07, 2013
omotbol: OAU
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by funkietunm(f): 1:04am On Aug 07, 2013
mclaaro: living on past glory,the question is WHO HAVE YOU RECENTLY MADE?

Good Question!please,we are waiting for you response
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by roland2rule(m): 1:19am On Aug 07, 2013
This is nt new to me, it is dis same Nigeria dat Taye succeeds and Kehinde is angry. we value things outside our country. 8 S/Africa Universities were in Top 10, dnt u wish these 4 Nigeria. Am a student of the prestigious gr8 IFE.
I c no reason y we beef each other schools in nigeria. Millions are still there seeking admission in2 any school (any institution)... U were here shouting my school shld b in No.1...

Ur school cannot be proud of u if u are nt successful.

Ilorin is fast, no disruption in academic calendar,FINE bt wot is the joy in graduating at the right time and sitting down@home seeking job.

OAU are living on past glories, we are only concern with political leaders,av u bn 2 other sector where OAU rules. OAU is d 3rd Uni. In Nigeria, let others live on their past glories also. We are proud of it.

Is it our joy 2 b on Nairaland everyday, ASUU is on strike, we are nt concern abt dat. i Appr8 d UI&OAU students dat show there concern 2ru protest. The best will always prove it out in all areas.

Stand by ur school and defend it BUT I no one thing 4 sure that the BEST WILL ALWAYS PROVE Y DY ARE D BEST.

1 Like

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:08am On Aug 07, 2013
Allocsoluwatosi: This is not about beaf, oau is an overrated sch that produce graduate who prefer to obtain utme form to run another degree program in ui. I have seen five of my friend dat did that and I am seeking for ui admission this year. So oau is just like wasting of ones precious time.
You've not even gained admission; don't comment.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by whyx06(m): 6:13am On Aug 07, 2013
Tolexander: See what webometric saw below with academic excellence that made them ranked OAU higher!
O ba
Ά ωοπ
U πινεrsity
Grate Ife indeed. . . another grate is a counterfeit. . .
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by whyx06(m): 6:18am On Aug 07, 2013
O ba
Ά ωοπ
U πινεrsity
It's only in Ife grate tinz we happen, I'm proud to be an ALMA mater very soon
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by ihimami: 6:33am On Aug 07, 2013
Guess which university campus is this in Nigeria?
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:36am On Aug 07, 2013
THIS RANKING IS BASED ON WEB PRESENCE, NOT ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Tolexander: 6:59am On Aug 07, 2013
geeky_babe:
Yes..and I'm proud. cheesy
wao!
Awa omo great ife!
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Olajoy: 7:10am On Aug 07, 2013
unilorin remains d best nd first in nigeri........BETTER BY FAR.

1 Like

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Boll2010: 7:15am On Aug 07, 2013
coogar:

i have been to all the old federal universities in nigeria. not one of them can compare to OAU.
jst checkin hw da'gates luks lyk ryt?.........sincerely from ur talkns so far,pple in ur skul are brilliant nt intelligent!!!bt tank GOD u said OLD,y dnt u upgrade ur AS!S
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Adolak(m): 7:23am On Aug 07, 2013
Number 1 position in nigeria is our birthright no matter the criteria used. #GREAT IFE
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Boll2010: 7:27am On Aug 07, 2013
@johnsonjosbles:
i tot its only private sch that do such a thing i don't know that OAU also produce large number of fake 1st class!!! U mean 18 1st class in electrical engineering? And our electricity in nigeria never start shocking people due to high voltage? U r a dump brain headed person. Get out!!!!!!!!
excuse me u quoted da-wrong person,mayb u mad a mistake man!! 18 1st class in 1 dept mehn I wonder if dey were tot with secondary skul syllabus!
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by darealez(m): 7:28am On Aug 07, 2013
seedord247:

GO TO SOUTH AFRICA AND SEE WHAT THEY CALL UNIVERSITY..

THEIR LECTURERS DONT GO ON STRIKE..

THEIR LECTURERS DONT ASK FOR BRIBE OR SLEEP WITH THEIR FEMALE STUDENTS.

THEIR ENVIRONMENT IS CONDUCIVE FOR LEARNING..

ITS A PITY THAT THEY STILL USE BLACKBOARD IN NIGERIA UNIVERSITY WHILE IN OTHER COUNTRIES THEY USE PROJECTOR TO TEACH STUDENT.

BRB

not all uni uses blackboard, my uni's got countless magnetic boards. we also gat a few projectors. Wifi works for gud 24 evryday. The ICT is crazily wondaful amng odas <no beaf intended>

I stil wonder wat the hell's wrong with U.I !!! OMG!
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by adeboolusegun(m): 7:49am On Aug 07, 2013
You better start praying and move along wt the uni achievmt. Anyway I can see that u wrote abt 5 post Utme exams in Oau yet u re nt Admitted.. Pls u dnt need to beef,jst inform ur VC to ensure more research work are well encourage and equip ur schools wt facilities so that u could be rate atleast 2nd in Nigeria. Oau wil always be 1st.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by LBlessing(f): 8:04am On Aug 07, 2013
whyx06: O ba
Ά ωοπ
U πινεrsity
It's only in Ife grate tinz we happen, I'm proud to be an ALMA mater very soon
Lol... An OAU student. OAU is a good school, no doubt. Whether it's the best in Nigeria is not in my place to say. Congrats though to y'all. #Proud Unilorite

1 Like

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by 4lorunsho(m): 8:38am On Aug 07, 2013
Let me tell u sometin fellow nairaland ; am not a student of OAU but a 1st class human being of UI,UNILAG , ILORIN and d rest cannot come to OAU to be a 1st class. Kojooooooooooor. Cuz professors are updated everysec about accademics :PLet me tell u sometin fellow nairaland ; am not a student of OAU but a 1st class human being of UI,UNILAG , ILORIN and d rest cannot come to OAU to be a 1st class. Kojooooooooooor. Cuz professors are updated everysec about accademics
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by trenchard(m): 8:44am On Aug 07, 2013
UI will always be the best....
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:45am On Aug 07, 2013
Olajoy: unilorin remains d best nd first in nigeri........BETTER BY FAR.
You mean that school that teachers that are not moslems with beard hardly get promoted?
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 07, 2013
This is OAU. Best planned university in Nigeria!

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by onahc(m): 9:17am On Aug 07, 2013
You don't SPEAK English just like the OAU you represent. Or is English not the language of instruction in your school? grin
Akinsete19: Please if you don't have what to say, it is better for you to shout up your mouth, did you think that oau is just like advanced secondary school called university that most of you condemning the school attend, nothing founded in any university,polytechnic in africa that is not found in oau-ife, and am very sure that most of you condemning the school don't even know where the school is located talkless of knowing the school gate, the fact that you don't have the privileges of attending the school or you wrote post utme five times in the school without been admitted does not mean you to condemn the school, i am not a student of the school.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

How To Create JAMB Profile As Registration Begins Soon / Dr. & Dr. (Mrs) Oviosun: Nigerian Man And His Wife Bag PhD Same Day / LASU Withdraws ASUU Chairman’s Phd Certificates, 13 Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.