Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria (36749 Views)

University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities / University Of Ibadan Ranked Nigeria’s Best University, 8th In Africa / Date For Ndu 2nd Choice And 1st Choice Supplementary Post Ume Screening Exercise Is Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by coogar: 5:21pm On Aug 06, 2013
phyktor: Lol...lmao.....lmfao.....cnt jst stop laffing, as long as all this universities are in nigeria...they are all the same...lets stop being gullible of some facts!

hell no...
some universities in nigeria are nothing to write home about. some are top dogs. don't paint everyone of them with the same brush. would you really compare OAU graduates to OSU?
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by jmoore(m): 5:24pm On Aug 06, 2013
maclatunji:

So, what shall we do about the school's V.C. who seems to be ignorant of this?
He acted like the "oga at the top" that doesn't know their website. I think the VC wants to present himself as the best performing VC in Nigeria.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Akinsete19(m): 5:26pm On Aug 06, 2013
tpacalipse: Are you educated at all?
ask google
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by lawsbanks: 5:29pm On Aug 06, 2013
tongue
seedord247:
Please shut up if u dnt av facts, OAU has a standby projector in lecture theatres, lemme name a few HSLTC,BOOC, AJOSE, u can sort out d rest urself, m sorry u found urself in a mushroom glorified secondary school that u call UNI
GO TO SOUTH AFRICA AND SEE WHAT THEY CALL UNIVERSITY..

THEIR LECTURERS DONT GO ON STRIKE..

THEIR LECTURERS DONT ASK FOR BRIBE OR SLEEP WITH THEIR FEMALE STUDENTS.

THEIR ENVIRONMENT IS CONDUCIVE FOR LEARNING..

ITS A PITY THAT THEY STILL USE BLACKBOARD IN NIGERIA UNIVERSITY WHILE IN OTHER COUNTRIES THEY USE PROJECTOR TO TEACH STUDENT.

BRB
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by ihimami: 5:31pm On Aug 06, 2013
coogar:

OAU shytes on ABU.... OAU is nigeria's most beautiful campus. the only school in nigeria with underground electrical cables. you won't find NEPA poles on the main campus of OAU. beat that!!

Are you sure of what you just type. Have you been to ABU Zaria to come to this conclusion? Please view the ABU pictures below;
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Ibruks(m): 5:37pm On Aug 06, 2013
yuzedo: i attendeth Uncle Emeka Grammer School + Universeity. is a good school in abakalicki. more better dan dis oau school so dunno why is not leasted as d first. pls mod help and make my school to be first cos our motto is "up school oyege". tenk.
...U SURE uve eva gone to a uni?...lwkm 4 here...see english sef
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by oladosuphemmy: 5:38pm On Aug 06, 2013
This is WEBOMETRIC'S ranking.
Here is mine
UNIIBADAN THE FIRST AND THE BEST
OAU
UNILAG
AND OTHERS.
THIS IS BASED grin ON ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by coogar: 5:40pm On Aug 06, 2013
ihimami:
Are you sure of what you just type. Have you been to ABU Zaria to come to this conclusion? Please view the ABU pictures below;

not impressed.....you need to see OAU to even believe or understand what we are saying here....
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Okwyjesus(m): 5:41pm On Aug 06, 2013
Better dont allow me list UNN products for you & so for other 1st generation universities. Better concentrate on the topic and stop d child's play u've just started.[quote
author=Ola Johnson]Great Ife rules. We made: E. A. Adeboye, Fidelis
Oyakhilome, Ama Pepple, Bisade Ologunde, Itse Sagay, Femi Falana, Abike
Dabiri, O. C. J. Okocha, Rotimi Akeredolu, Ernest Ndukwe, Sam Ohuabunwa,
Jimi Agbaje, Fred Agbaje, Segun Mimiko, Femi Mimiko, Victor Oladokun
(Turning Point), Femi Ojudu, Olorunimbe Mamora, etc.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by johnsonjosbles(m): 5:42pm On Aug 06, 2013
quote author=Akinsete19]mr professor of english, look at your manner of approach, anybody that see this will know that you are a half-baked secondary school graduate, because if you really attend secondary school you will know what is called "error of omission" .....idiot, jobless fool.[/quote]. Thank God you'v answered yourself. You abused people for expressing their opinion, and you don't want to be abused for stupid action! Fool, you mean error of omission? Can you differentiate between critism, criticised,critics.(Talkless)and let alone. And many others. You called these error of omission? I'm not intend to point at your blunders but responding to your 1st post(insult) to the entire public. Ĩ̷̊ know you must be boilling in anger with your phone by now. Do me a favour. Smash Iτ̅ on ground. OLORIBURUKU slowpoke

2 Likes

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by johnsonjosbles(m): 5:58pm On Aug 06, 2013
kzokul:
What is he saying ooooo.......any interpreter in d ous plsssssss.....chaiiiiii
♍γ̲̣̣̥ brother! Don't you think that dude ȋ̝̊̅§ a product of yaba? Let's discuss other things please, because from ♍γ̲̣̣̥ system here, Ĩ̷̊ can c thesame person insulting more than 5 members!
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by theripper2: 6:04pm On Aug 06, 2013
Proud alumnus of OAU but it is still a shittty school.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by nikdam: 6:23pm On Aug 06, 2013
Yep the guy's on point. I've been to the 2 school campus and oau beats abu hands down
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Greatpooss(m): 6:27pm On Aug 06, 2013
It's amazing, despite the fact that many Nigerian students are leaving the shore of this country to study abroad because of the falling standard of our universities which no foreign student can dream of comimg to Nigeria to study. Yet, an organization with no knowledge of the state of things going on in Nigeria rates one of our universities among the 1st ten best in Africa. Beware that this rating is nothing but flattery!

1 Like

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 06, 2013
seedord247:

ITS A PITY THAT THEY STILL USE BLACKBOARD IN NIGERIA UNIVERSITY WHILE IN OTHER COUNTRIES THEY USE PROJECTOR TO TEACH STUDENT.

BRB

they use projector in Nigeria biko.

I went to UniZik, nnewi campus.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by dolphinife: 6:52pm On Aug 06, 2013
For some gullible thinkers here, OAU landscape was designed to better and improve that of UI. Obafemi Awolowo concived the idea and he saw the shortcomings in the design of UI, he thereafter, contracted the architectural work and design of OAU to Aeriel Sharon, an Israelis who was the best architect of his time.

In contrast, in terms of landscape and architectural design, there is no university in Nigeria that can ever beat OAU. In terms of educational standard and attainment, OAU ranks among the best. For over 20years, OAU has been ranked 1-4th in Nigeria. This shows OAU is a class on its own
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by neyostical(m): 7:09pm On Aug 06, 2013
homesteady: All this their fake fake ranking!
The criteria they use is - the number of students that graduate with 1st class. The fewer the 1st class students, the higher your chance of going high in the rating!
Abeg don't jst write cos U feel lyk writing. The ranking
Is based on better things bro and not this trash you are writing.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by neyostical(m): 7:20pm On Aug 06, 2013
collynzo2: Probably never been to University of Ibadan. You wouldn't have written this.
Hey!!! Ur post jst made me scream. I'm not sure you have been to Oau urself. I've been to both universities nd I've seen the difference. OAU beats UI in terms of architectural piece. If you αяє not sure do urself a favour by typing this on google "The most beautiful university in Nigeria
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Akinsete19(m): 7:27pm On Aug 06, 2013
@johnsonjosbles:
quote author=Akinsete19]mr professor of english, look at your manner of approach, anybody that see this will know that you are a half-baked secondary school graduate, because if you really attend secondary school you will know what is called "error of omission" .....idiot, jobless fool.. Thank God you'v answered yourself. You abused people for expressing their opinion, and you don't want to be abused for stupid action! Fool, you mean error of omission? Can you differentiate between critism, criticised,critics.(Talkless)and let alone. And many others. You called these error of omission? I'm not intend to point at your blunders but responding to your 1st post(insult) to the entire public. Ĩ̷̊ know you must be boilling in anger with your phone by now. Do me a favour. Smash Iτ̅ on ground. OLORIBURUKU slowpoke

did you know who you are chating with and did u know the meaning of "oloriburuku" unfortunate person, i am not unfortunate i have good job with so many properties my salaries can be class as second class salary in nigeria, "i am not proud", what i pity is your family, did u just say "anger "i can never be angry because i am a joyful person, i am living a happily life, what just pains me is that this is a internet stuff , how i wish it was a face to face matter, i could have teach you a lesson you will never forget in your life. I will advise you to stop all this your bellicose statement to avoid been ban cause me i have other accounts on nairaland so if they ban this i will log in to the others. And if you don't take your time i will track you, and if i can get you, you are in a big soap that may cause jail terms.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by safejourney: 7:41pm On Aug 06, 2013
Three Gbosas for the first Vice Chancellor of OAU, Late Professor Hezekial Oluwasanmi.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 06, 2013
ceo_13: Thank God my university, Ahmadu Bello University is in top 10; and for those calling names of great alumini from OAU they should give ABU credit for producing their leaders and big shot that run things in Nigeria. See dem: yar' Adua, atiku, almost all the northern givernors, el rufai, and many more. ABU for for life!!!
and these r d same pple dat failed our con3. But wait o! A.B.U? dat one na name of fridge abi na name of T.V?
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Akinsete19(m): 8:06pm On Aug 06, 2013
@johnsonjosbles:
♍γ̲̣̣̥ brother! Don't you think that dude ȋ̝̊̅§ a product of yaba? Let's discuss other things please, because from ♍γ̲̣̣̥ system here, Ĩ̷̊ can "c thesame" person insulting more than 5 members!
did you know that a guy like you was exchanging abusive word with a governor on a blog, they warned him but he could not listen until they track him, that guy is in ilesa prison in osun state right now, go and pray that should not happen to you,because you just come to internet exchanging abusive words to who you don't know his personality. I just take a pity at you.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by willibounce: 8:13pm On Aug 06, 2013
Akinsete19: Please if you don't have what to say, it is better for you to shout up your mouth, did you think that oau is just like advanced secondary school called university that most of you condemning the school attend, nothing founded in any university,polytechnic in africa that is not found in oau-ife, and am very sure that most of you condemning the school don't even know where the school is located talkless of knowing the school gate, the fact that you don't have the privileges of attending the school or you wrote post utme five times in the school without been admitted does not mean you to condemn the school, i am not a student of the school.

Hahahaha! And some ppl from O HAY U liked uR meaningless comment. I know say u go claim say u dey type fast and na fone u use thts y u make mistake. Olodo. O HAY u is the best uni in Osun state. Na there una mouth end.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by willibounce: 8:15pm On Aug 06, 2013
Akinsete19: Please if you don't have what to say, it is better for you to shout up your mouth, did you think that oau is just like advanced secondary school called university that most of you condemning the school attend, nothing founded in any university,polytechnic in africa that is not found in oau-ife, and am very sure that most of you condemning the school don't even know where the school is located talkless of knowing the school gate, the fact that you don't have the privileges of attending the school or you wrote post utme five times in the school without been admitted does not mean you to condemn the school, i am not a student of the school.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by royale442(m): 8:26pm On Aug 06, 2013
Webometrics is the largest academic ranking of higher education institutions. From this, it can be concluded that it is the major criteria for rating universities in the world in terms of academics. So o.a.u is the best in Nigeria...
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 06, 2013
willibounce:

Hahahaha! And some ppl from O HAY U liked uR meaningless comment. I know say u go claim say u dey type fast and na fone u use thts y u make mistake. Olodo. O HAY u is the best uni in Osun state. Na there una mouth end.
why are you guys brainwashing this post self, sebi the guy have made correction and you still keep posting the mistake he had made, it is on this thread i know that to make a mistake is a taboo, if he abuse you now you will say he insulted you, look at your own post self you mix capital letters with small letters. You english is not pure
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by gidjah(m): 9:01pm On Aug 06, 2013
C U ALL D WAY, FORGET DS OAU TALK, WE ALL KNOW C UNI, WNT GIV HER STUDENTS TIME TO KIP CHATTERING ON D NET WHILE A PUBLIC SCH LIK OAU CLD DO D REVERSE, ..LOW TEACHING, POOR INFRASTRUCTURES , CORRUPT STAFF, STUDENTS LAZZINESS etc all ds n other factors contributed to putting up OAU AS D BEST IN NIG. KUDOS.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by daryoor(m): 9:07pm On Aug 06, 2013
i be olodo before i do pre degree, i fail jamb (not utme) 4 times , after i do pre d, jamb con be lyk toy.

Theres something about o.a.u that u guys dont understand, the school has a reputation and they've been able to maintain that standard over the years.

The medical students in o.a.u will overshadow all these psedo-universities u guys are naming intellectually.

A fast time table has notin to do with per capital intellegence.

Wen o.a.u and u.i is talkin the rest of u should keep shut
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by olabode89(m): 9:13pm On Aug 06, 2013
collynzo2: Is this ^^^ how graduates of OAU write?
webometrics is directory of world universities ranked according their presence on the Web.

Learn how to read and understand properly, he/she stated clearly that he/she is not a product of GREAT IFE.

If you doubt the quality of OAU graduates carry out a research on the number of OAU graduates that are leaders of different industries.

Secondly you will be amazed with the number of OAU graduates working with top firms such as Mobil, Shell, KPMG, PwC, Deloitte, Banks,SLB, IBs etc.

Also most OAU graduates are proactive, smart, well informed, good speakers, rugged and tough.

Lastly OAU has the best campus in Nigeria with respect to architecture, buildings, roads, power supply, campus life, security, zero-cult activities etc.

For JJCs and Learners Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (formerly University of Ife) is located at Ife (45km from Ibadan) in Osun state, Nigeria.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Dells(m): 9:13pm On Aug 06, 2013
Dat's a webometric ranking,check d Excellence ranking frm d same site,University of Ibadan is 17 while OAU is number 57. UI is d only sch dat made d top 20 in Africa.
I rep University of Ibadan.

1 Like

Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Dells(m): 9:14pm On Aug 06, 2013
Dat's a webometric ranking,check d Excellence ranking frm d same site,University of Ibadan is 17 while OAU is number 57. UI is d only sch in Nigeria dat made d top 20 in Africa.
I rep University of Ibadan.
Re: OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:15pm On Aug 06, 2013
seedord247:

BRB
go 2 unilorin..dtz aw we operate....no strike, no cultism, no sexual harrasment..n we use projectors.....dats y we r beta by far

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How To Create JAMB Profile As Registration Begins Soon / Dr. & Dr. (Mrs) Oviosun: Nigerian Man And His Wife Bag PhD Same Day / LASU Withdraws ASUU Chairman’s Phd Certificates, 13 Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.